BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! (Wednesday January 14th 2015) —> A few new awesome looking ones to squee over so I’m adding ’em in!!
- Soaring (The Magdalene Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley (PRE-ORDER) <— !!!!! THAT DESERVES a HUGE squee in itself. She’s rebuilding her life after her marriage and moves and… “Her boxes aren’t even unpacked when she meets Mickey Donovan, a man who lives across the street, a man so beautiful Amelia takes one look at Mickey and knows she wants everything from him. The problem is, she finds out swiftly that he’s friendly, he’s kind, but he doesn’t want everything back. Amelia struggles to right past wrongs in her life at the same time find out who she wants to be. She also struggles with her attraction to the handsome firefighter who lives across the street. But Amelia will face a surprise when her friendly neighbor becomes not-so-friendly…” <– Ruh roh. (releasing March 16th 2015)
- Dirty Deeds by Karina Halle (PRE-ORDER) <— Flight attendant meets sexy American ex-soldier on her flight and they are TOTALLY into each other but… “Derek isn’t the type of man to fall in love. He’s not a man who sticks around. And he’s definitely not in Mexico on vacation. Derek is a mercenary, a killer-for-hire, a man who does the ugly jobs for the highest bidder. Unfortunately for Alana and Derek, the highest bidder has the power to destroy whatever worlds they have created for themselves.” (releasing February 16th 2015)
- Beautiful Burn by Adriane Leigh <— STUDENT TEACHER ROMANCE that’s LIVE right now!! “They spend three electrifying summer months discovering each other under a veil of forbidden passion and desperate lust before they learn that the unattainable is often destined to remain exactly that. By the time temperatures dip and snowflakes fly, their relationship will face a deep freeze that threatens to snap the bond they thought they shared, shattering their lives one secret at a time.Intended for mature audiences.Beautiful Burn is a standalone, full-length novel.“
- Lost in Translation by S.L. Scott <— JUST RELEASED TODAY!!
- Beyond the Consequences: Book 5 of the Consequences Series by Aleatha Romig <— coming out tomorrow!!
Happy New release day!!! Many from our favorites today, including that entire series (over there to the left) bundled at an extreme bargain price today. I hear these guys are HOT!!!! Harper Sloan, Jessica Sorensen, H.M. Ward, Dean Koontz, Julie Kenner, Megan Hart and more. And then… the new ones (or new-to-mes) that have my attention.
Like The Mason List (destitute and saved by a family, best friends with their son until adulthood… “ Instead of living happily ever after with a boy full of love. . . I destroyed it.”) YES!!!, and of course Corps Security (bad-ass alphas all bundled for cheap? MINE!!!), Don’t Deny Me (because I love anything from Megan Hart, and yes it’s a serial but only 3 parts and all coming out this month!), The Vigilante’s Lover (she receives love letters from a prison that aren’t for her… and she replies!! After all… “The man is in prison for another fifteen years. It’s harmless. She is safe enough.” <—- Eeeeeeeep!!!!), Abuse (I think he kidnaps them or something? I dunno. And puts them together because they are perfect for each other? She’s a mouse, and he’s a monster…) and Reckless Nights (famous actor, and she meets him and has a huge fan-girl on him!). Oh and!! Becoming Us (sounds like our typical NA but could be very angsty. Friend-zoned, she is eventually betrayed, falls for someone else with dark secrets… and the “friend” comes back…).
Yep!!! Good reading ahead my friends. There’s gotta be a few shiny gems in the bunch, if not… a ton! 😀 Plus… the pre-orders below look freakin’ awesome, too!
- The Mason List by SD Hendrickson <— SOUNDS SO GOOD (new release). Her mother is dying, her family loses everything and her father and her are living in their car but… “A knock on the car window brought a family into my life that I only wanted to shut out. I hated charity and I hated the Masons. Well, except one. He made it impossible to hate him. Jess Mason had the biggest blue eyes and ornery smile of any boy I had ever seen. He was a ray of sunshine in my dark world. A boy full of adventure, dragging me across the meadow of Sprayberry Ranch; a beautiful Texas paradise full of horses and tree houses that got us into more trouble than anyone ever imagined. Jess was my everything as a kid until we grew up and the rules changed. Instead of living happily ever after with a boy full of love. . . I destroyed it.” <— WHOA!!!
- Heart Of Marley by T.K. Rap <— On super-sale and holy moly look at the reviews! Mostly ONLY 5-stars, and barely anything else. And LOTS of ’em. This one sounds TRAGIC!! “Twins born just five minutes apart, they have the perfect life… Until tragedy strikes just weeks after their eighth birthday and their father is killed by a drunk driver. Having trouble coping with the loss of her soul mate, their mother tries to find comfort in drugs and alcohol… And an abusive man with a penchant for underage girls. No longer able to stand listening to his sister’s screams and cries every night for nearly three years, Cam takes matters into his own hands and they’re finally able to escape the nightmare.“
- Stay with Me: A Novel (Wait for You Book 3) by J. Lynn
- Sometimes Moments by Len Webster <— Jenny recommends this super-bargain! She says: “LOVED THIS BOOK! It’s one of those “feel” books.” – Ahhh she loved him since they were young, and then he leaves suddenly, and as an adult, he comes back…. “He’s not the same boy she once fell in love with. He’s guarded and keeps secrets close to him. Peyton knows her life will begin to unravel.Untold truths will finally come to light. Whether or not Peyton wants to hear it, the truth will undoubtedly break her heart all over again.”
- Reasonable Doubt Boxed Set (Episodes 1, 2, & 3) by Whitney Gracia Williams <— Stephanie found us this series bundled at a bargain price!!
- Razorblade Kisses by R.L. Griffin <— Lisa recommends this one! “Hey Maryse, this book would be something you would read, 5 stars its a must read, its a little dark but oooh soo good” Hrmm… a girl on the run… “Rachel helps her build a life for herself below the radar, which is fine until the unthinkable happens knocking Em out of her unfeeling cocoon. When her house of cards comes tumbling down she runs again, until the one person who can change her mind finds her.”
- Duke: Fallen MC #1 by C.J. Washington <— Lauren LOVES it! “Just finished Duke (Fallen MC book 1) by CJ Washington. One of the best MC books I’ve ever read….and I’ve read them ALL.”
- The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon <— Athena (and so many!!) LOVE this one: “Amy Harmon is amazing and when she writes we should be reading!!! Finished ‘The Law of Moses’ and it was stunning! What writing, what deep and rich characters! I love this writer more as I read her books. Moses and Georgia were two characters I will not soon forget and in true Amy style she had me reaching for the box of tissues!! 5 star read for sure!!!”
- Rellik by Teresa Mummert <— Nancy found us this sone on super-sale! She says: “2 dysfunctional people & their imperfect love”
- Saint Odd: An Odd Thomas Novel by Dean Koontz <— I LOVED the movie of book #1!!!! Here is the Odd Thomas Series Reading Order
- Hunger’s Mate Part 1 (The Shadow Shifters) by A. C. Arthur
- Don’t Deny Me: Part One: A Novel in Three Parts by Megan Hart
- Beyond Anything In All Creation (Beyond Heights and Depths Trilogy) by Christian Brown
- The Century Sage (Beyond Fairytales) by Vicki Ballante
- Dancing on the Dark Side by Máirín Fisher-Fleming
- Forsaken Realms (A Bounty Hunters United Novella) (On the Run Book 1) by Katalina Leon
- Caressed by Starlight: Meeting Croe by Danica Avet
- Saddles and Spells by M.R. Polish
- Highland Storm (Guardians of Scotland Book 2) by Victoria Zak
- Wicked Wolf: A Redwood Pack Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Carrie Ann Ryan
- Thicker than Blood (Undeniable Book 1) by Madeline Sheehan & Claire C. Riley <— finally went live on Amazon!! Sounds like a crazy-fun read.
- Life Before Damaged Vol. 3 (The Ferro Family) (LIFE BEFORE DAMAGED (The Ferro Family)) by H.M. Ward
- Raveling You (Unraveling You, #2) by Jessica Sorensen
- Corps Security: The Series by Harper Sloan <— THE WHOLE SERIES BUNDLED FOR SUPER CHEAP!!!
- The Wrecked and Ruined Series Box Set by Aly Martinez <— I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! And it’s been bundled for super-cheap too! In fact I’m reading book #3 right now. 😀 Here is my review of book #1: Changing Course. FANTASTIC!!!!
- Our Forever Promise: Book Three in the Forever Series by Mary Wasowski
- The Price of Love (A Price Novel Book 1) by Maggi Craft
- Forever Autumn by Christopher Scott Wagner
- Find Me In Darkness: Mal and Christina’s Story, Part 1 (Dark Pleasures) by Julie Kenner
- Ever Always: a novella (A Nelson Island Novella) by Diana Gardin <— Ruh roh… his brother’s girlfriend…
- Caught: A Novella by Red Garnier
- Uncover Me (Men of Inked Book 4) by Chelle Bliss
- With a Twist by Crystal Bowling
- Reckless Nights (Vegas Nights) by Karen Erickson <— FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT!!! “Reagan can’t believe her luck—and not in a good way. One minute she’s hanging out with her friends at an exclusive party in Las Vegas. The next, she’s attracted the attention of a famous actor. Not just any actor. Declan Carter, the man on whom she used to—okay, might still—have a fangirl crush. Whose blue eyes leave her embarrassingly tongue tied.”
- A Shot of Sin (The Vault) by Eden Summers <— “Shay Porter is curious as to why her boss, the king of mixed messages, seems almost desperate to keep her from discovering what’s on the other side of the guarded door at the back of the club.”
- Don’t Deny Me: Part One: A Novel in Three Parts by Megan Hart <— One of my absolute favorite authors!!! The other 2 parts are coming out this month too, so barely any waiting! Rekindled romance? “Alice and Mick had it all: the happy days, the heartfelt evenings, the hot, slow nights. But Mick couldn’t give her what she needed, and in a moment of crisis, they lost everything. Torn apart, Alice tries to pry him out of her life and move on—until a not-so-chance meeting at an old friend’s party brings them face-to-face once more.”
- Everything and More by Jacqueline Briskin
- One Last Song by S. K. Falls <— Sounds angsty!! “When you spend your whole life feeling invisible-when your parents care more about deals and deadlines than they do about you-you find ways of making people take notice. Little things at first. Then bigger. It’s scary how fast it grows. Then one day something happens that makes you want to stop. To get better. To be better. And for the first time, you understand what it’s like to feel whole, happy . . . loved. For the first time, you love someone back. For me, that someone was Drew.“
- Something True (An Out in Portland Novel) by Karelia Stetz-Waters
- Unforgettable (A Country Roads Novel) by Shannon Richard
- Can’t Always Get What You Want by Chelsey Krause <— Nursing heartache: “Although Brett Nicholson may be the hottest carpenter alive, and Sophie may technically be single, she isn’t exactly on the market. Six years ago she found The One. He was everything Sophie dreamed a man could be—and then she lost him. In an instant, her whole life changed, and she forgot all about happily ever after…“
- Let Me Love You (Australian Sports Star Series Book 2) by Iris Blobel
- Heartbeat by James Dallas Williams
- Disturbia 2: The Disturbia Trilogy, Book 2 by Brooklin Skye
- The Vigilante’s Lover: A Romantic Suspense Thriller (The Vigilantes Book 1) by Annie Winters <— “Hmmm… this one sounds intriguing. I’m preparing tomorrow’s new release list and THIS one caught my eye. And then the blurb. JOLT!! And eeeeeeep!” She gets a letter from a prisoner that’s not meant for her… “The man’s words are desperately passionate. He longs for a woman who must have given him a fake address. Mia’s address. She plans to send the letter back. He’s a convicted felon. But his words gnaw at her. She’s never done anything dangerous. And no man has ever talked to her like this. So Mia writes him, pretending to be the woman he desires…”
- Wild Violet (The Vi Trilogy of The Gilded Flower Series Book 1) by Vivian Winslow
- Wasted Summer (Stone Cliff Series, Book 2) by Cathryn Fox
- All That’s Unclaimed (Sunnydale Days Book 2) by Constance Phillips
- The Big If by Sharisse Coulter <— Ruh roh… trouble in musician paradise… “She’s living the dream. Intelligent, gorgeous and making a living doing what she loves in an indie folk duo with her rock of a hipster husband, Seth. So when she’s offered the most ridiculous sell out opportunity of a lifetime by the world’s biggest pop star, Marc Justin, the answer is easy. Right?”
- Secret Relations (Women in Hollywood) by Shelia M. Goss
- The Rock Season by R.L. Merrill <— PREGNANT GIRL meets a guy at a concert… “Stevie Wilson is about to welcome a new life into an unsure world. Estranged from the father of her unborn child, she turns to her love of attending concerts with her vivacious best friend to deal with the stress and uncertainty. As a teacher and blogger, she counts on the magic of the music to ease her troubled thoughts of what will come next. What she wasn’t counting on was meeting a “savior” with fathomless, dark brown eyes.“
- Convincing Cami (His Girl Next Door Book 2) by Babette James
- Abuse by Nikki Sex <— sounds like sort of a dark read… and a sweet read. “The moment I saw him, I thought of her and I wondered. The eyes, they cannot always see clearly. And the heart? Ah, the heart can only guess at the truth. So it was that I remained uncertain. Could the mouse and the monster heal each other?
- Whispers of Sage by Bil Howard <— breaks down on the side of the road on her way to see her fiancé in another state… “Rescued by Ethan, a cowboy and horseman whose summer place is less than a mile from where she is stranded, Katherine is shocked by the dichotomy of his backward lifestyle that is mixed with a simple, yet profound intelligence. However, it is his skill with horses, the way that he can see straight into her soul and his gentle touch that send her into a tailspin.“
- Unavoidable Chance (Running Into Love Book 5) by Annalisa Nicole
- Temptation Returns: A new adult, military romance by Lisa Carlisle
- Model Behavior by Tamara Morgan <— short and sounds like fun! “Seven tasks, each more difficult than the last. If Ben completes them in twenty-four hours, Livvie must abandon her strict friends-only rule for one night of reckless, wicked sex with the most delicious man she knows…”
- Best Women’s Erotica 2015 by Violet Blue
- Treasure Me (Alpha Four Book 1) by Mia Dymond
- Becoming Us: College love never hurt so good. (London Lover Series Book 2) by Amy Daws <— she wants Jake bad but he has friend-zoned her… and then… “I am losing my mind trying to figure out what this gorgeous and confident man wants from me. I need to break through his walls. What is it about me that makes him not go there? What am I lacking? When a mind-blowing betrayal knocks the wind out of me, and I think I can’t feel any lower…Brody stumbles into my path—barefoot no less, and sexy as hell. His direct and mouth-watering swagger is a breath of fresh air. The feelings this man gives me are like nothing I’ve ever experienced. But Brody has a past…”
- The Catching Kind (Brew Ha Ha #3) by Caitie Quinn
- Finding Laila: Some Changes are Necessary by T.K. Rapp <— I LOVE THAT COVER!! She’s been “one of the guys” in a group of best friends since childhood. “…our last summer together is drawing closer, and I’m trying to hold on to what we have while I still can. After this, we’ll have to say goodbye to each other as our choices will take our lives in different directions. But I don’t know if our friendship can survive once secrets and surprises begin revealing themselves to us at every turn.“
- 1001 Dark Nights: Bundle One by Shayla Black, Heather Graham, Liliana Hart, Tina Folsom – expected release date January 27th 2015
- Slash and Burn (Bullet Book 5) by Jade C. Jamison – expected release date January 19th 2015
- Broken: Round One by Skyla Madi <— I LOVE HER! – expected release date January 25th 2015 She’s a nurse and he’s a fighter, and she accidentally walks into underground fighting ring. “Now they’re trapped together. A fighter and a nurse. … and it all comes down to one truth.” WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAT!!??
- The Traveling Man (Traveling Series #1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick – expected release date January 27th 2015 <— sounds good!!! He’s part of a traveling circus and they’ve been friends each time he comes to her town… he’s mean though.
- The Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway & Penny Reid <— Ohhhhh I love ’em both!!! – expected release date February 5th 2015
- The Return: A Titan Novel by Jennifer L. Armentrout – expected release date February 16th 2015
- Vanilla by Megan Hart – expected release date March 1st 2015 <— “Niall is handsome, smart, successful and sweet—sweet as vanilla. When they meet, their romantic connection is electric, even though he’s way on the opposite end of the kink spectrum. Despite how she fights it, Elise falls for him—but how can a relationship work when both lovers want to be on top? “
- Black Iris by Leah Raeder – expected release date April 28th 2015
So many tempting choices. Still trying to be good and only get samples before deciding what to read.
Had preordered the Security corps series.
Just finished the Kane trilogy. Really, really good!! Angst + steamy. And there is going to be a followup novella next month. *sigh Jameson*
Cheryl – we are on the same page today. Loved Jameson and the Kane Trilogy and The Corps Security was delivered today.
Cheryl! That trilogy is in my 2015 reading challenge!! 😀
Corps Security is mine right now. Very happy. I wonder if she’s under 30. I could make this series part of that question in my 2015 challenge…
Paris in Love by Eloisa James is 1.99, right now. I just thought this was a lovely read.
The first Corps book was a DNF for me. I just couldn’t with the heroine. But a lot of readers loved that book so I’m curious to see what you ladies think.
Rellik by Teresa Mummert just recently was reduced to 99 cents (2 dysfunctional people & their imperfectly love) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GMRC918/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3P9D676W2AUX9&coliid=I1U5AWWDHSDW0X
Thanks for mentioning THE TRAVELING MAN, Maryse! Kestrel can certainly be a tough bad boy and he hasn’t had the easiest life, so yeah, he can be mean, but when he loves, he loves fierce 🙂
Alex by Sawyer Bennett is also now 99 cents. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GMRC918/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3P9D676W2AUX9&coliid=I1U5AWWDHSDW0X
‘Unraveling You’ by Jessica Sorensen is FREE today.
‘Blindsided’ by Emma Hart (new release) is $0.99
‘Throttle Me’ book1 (standalone) by Chelle Bliss is $0.99
‘Revealed : The Missing Year’ Book4 of the Consequences Series by Aleatha Roming is $0.99 as Book 5 ‘Beyond the Consequences’ comes out on 12 th Jan.
Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase is 1.99.
I have had this book for awhile along with Mr. Impossible as they both get a lot of love but have not read them yet.
Thank you Nancy just 1-clicked ‘Rellik’ and can’t wait to read it.
Well, crap…that clicking-only-samples thing didn’t last too long. Oh well, I have new books and I’m giddy!!! 😀 Anyone asks what my number is up to and no martini for you. 😛
Of all the ones I just one-clicked, the ones which hurdled to the top of my TBR list are The Mason List and Heart of Marley. And probably One Last Song (you just had to put “angsty” next to it, didn’t ya Maryse?). And maybe The Vigilante’s Lover. And definitely Finding Laila. Oh! And I’ve been waiting for Thicker Than Blood! All of that as soon as I finish the zombie book that just kicked me in the gut. I wasn’t expecting that ’cause, come on, it’s a zombie book! But it did. And now I’m sad…but in the way that I love. 😉
Oh you guys found us some GREAT sales!!!!
Amy I just one-clicked The Mason List. I’m starting it right this moment!!
What zombie book??! Wow I love what you’re saying. I wanna feel that too.
What zombie book broke your heart Amy? Was it the Holy Trinity???
Good thing nothing is catching my eye, because I just started one that is ANGSTY and then some! The blurb is enough of a jolt to grab you. And the story pretty much starts from page one with action + drama. It’s not new… I just missed it… it’s called Nothing Left to Lose. Anyone read it? Wowza! This is a definite Amy-type read!!! Will report back if it’s worth it.
Too many bargains Shell… “lalalalala” that’s me ignoring your post….. 😉 not going to read the blurbs…. not going to read the blurbs….
Amy, I’m curious too. I just started a zombie book last night, Feed. I’m not to far into it yet. I’m reading it along with the baby book Maryse reviewed.
So, who is starting Burned on Tuesday? Michelle, MichelleS?
im about to start Thicker than Blood by Madeline Sheehan and Clair C Reily. This is post apocalyptic, (could have zombies) . Not an Undeniable book, nor contemporary as per your post.
I heard The Mason List is awesome!! I’m just finishing The Pact… I feel so behind! Lol
Ladies, I’m reading And After by Sarah Lyons Fleming, the second book in her Until the End of the World series. This was a random-pick read for me as I was in one of those moods where the thought of starting *anything* was overwhelming. I KNOW y’all know how those moods are. I read the first book a while back and figured I’d catch up on the series since I actually wanted something a little lighter. I know, what’s up with that sh!t…me actually wanting something light and picking a zombie book for that purpose. *giggle*
The first book is pretty light and focuses more on the characters trying to survive and their relationships with each other, and what makes it light is that things just line up well for their survival…one of those implausible-but-not-impossible sort of things. It was kind of repetitive and monotonous at times but perfect for easy reading and pretty good. BUT…I was blindsided in this second book with what happened. Not ugly-cry blindsided but sniffing-and-wiping-eyes (a lot) blindsided. I seriously skipped ahead a page to see if it was a nightmare – which I never do – and nope! Did *not* see it coming and now I’m sad.
I’m almost finished with it and then I’m starting on The Mason List with ya, Maryse! 😀
MichelleS, the second Holy Trinity book broke my heart a while ago. Oh, my poor heart. 🙁 Have you heard anything about the third book??
I have Nothing Left to Lose and now I’m really antsy to read it after hearing all that! Let me know how it is. Bev, let me know about Feed as well! Oh, and let us know about Thicker Than Blood, Rebecca! *happy dance* Love this place. 😉
I get annoyed when an author puts out an on sale box set but still keeps the other books at the same price…I have 4 of the Corps Security and want the rest but I’m not paying those prices now and getting the box set seems stupid if I have over half of them…end of rant sorry!
Bev, I preordered Burned but probably won’t read it for a while. I was underwhelmed by Iced after the first five books being some of my favorites ever and am slightly turned off…not enough to not read obviously but I’m not jumping at it.
After finishing the Tairen Soul series which is now going to be a standard against which I measure future fantasy reads, I started reading Red Rising and boy am I on a fantastic book run! I get why this one was hyped to me and I am going right into Golden Son after!
…and only here can one of us say we are sad from a book and it makes another one want to read it. *snort* Woman after my own heart, you are!
Or rather, I should say makes another one want to feel that too. Ya know, feel sad. Am I making sense? Probably not…
*sips martini and side-eyes peanut gallery*
MichelleS, oh yeah Nothing Left to Lose made me freak out in the first few pages like I was not expecting any of that!
Amy, I have the first book Until the End of the World and really want to read it…now even more after your description of the second book…*moves up my tbr*
*snort* I was posting at the same time and look what I said Amy about wanting to read it
And I feel ya, Michelle. *lifts martini*
Can anyone say…BOARD HOG!!! *snort* Get it, hog and snort? Get it?? And I meant me. I’m a board hog. And feeling tipsy. ‘Cause the martini snatcher hasn’t struck yet. 😛 I’m just gonna *points thumb over shoulder*…
Posting at same time again! Jinx!! LOL!! Great minds and all that! I was lifting my martini for the book price thing…but I’ll lift it for making you want to read End of the World too. 😉
I’M LOVING LOVING LOVING The Mason List my friends. LOVE!
Has a bit of The Sweetgum Tree feel but more modern i’d say.
Now i gotta look up Amy’s book. This year is off to a great reading start….
:O Sweetgum Tree feel??? *claps hands* Now it’s definitely a late reading night for me!! 😀
Uh, I messed that one up. *giggle* Supposed to be… :0
DANGIT! Aw, screw it. I’m done with the faces. Enjoy your reading evening, ladies! 😀 <——- and that one better work…
Michelle I’m rereading Red Rising before starting Golden Son too. It was a 5 star for me the first time and amazingly it’s even better the second time. There are so many quotes I want to save from this book. Pierce Brown is a genius. He became an auto buy for me with his very first book.
Fabi, I kept thinking that name sounded familiar. I remember this made me laugh, hope u enjoy it. Now off to see if library has Red Rising.
I have Nothing Left to Lose on my tbr list. *Moving it up*
Blindsided sounds good, I love sports star stories.
Maryse The Mason List has a “Sweetgum feel!!!!” That just might be my next read!! 🙂
Bev thanks for sharing that. It’s funny. He’s a hotty. Though you’d never know it from his writing. Whatever that means right? Those pictures of him in the article’s link are so cute!
Oh gotta share this too. As if liking puppy dogs and kitty cats isn’t enough, he dedicated his first book to his dad “for teaching me to walk” and his second book to his mom “for teaching me to talk”. Can everyone join me in an “awww”? Cute, talented and sweet? Is he an author or a character in one of our books? Lol
Fabi and Bev, awwww. Yummy pics! 😉
I abandoned Nothing Left to Lose. I may revisit it. If you are going to go THAT HEAVY with the material, then don’t switch it to light banter and instant flirting. I was all set for heavy heavy due to the subject matter, and then the female character who is supposed to be damaged beyond repair, is way too flippant and suddenly the new guy who is guarding her is turning her on? I don’t think so…. so… it’s a DNF for me for now.
YES Bev – Burned for sure Tuesday. I, for one, really liked Iced. It was not like the other KMMs, in that I won’t reread it… but I grew to really love Dani!
I went for the super duper uber gritty MC club book, Seven Sons, the Gypsy Brothers. I guess it’s a series of novellas? Anyhoo…. AMY…. AMY AMY AMY…. you wanted gritty? Oh boy. This one is as gritty as they come. I think I need a shower! So filthy!
And Maryse – you are loving Mason List with all capitals? And It’s go that Sweet Gum tree feel? SOLD! Sounds like the perfect weekend read!
Thicker Than Blood may be just the change I need, but The Mason List sounds awesome! I think that will be next for me especially after Maryse’s reaction!
1-clicked Rellik, The Law of Moses, Stay With Me and The Vigilante’s Lover! Anyone who hasn’t read Corps Security, read it! Such a great deal and series!
I’m in love with The Mason List, ladies. In LOVE. And I so needed it after finishing And After. That one was *not* light like the first book. Nuh-uh. I had just recovered from the kick in the gut it gave me when it kicked me in the gut AGAIN! I went from being sad to being crushed. Not sobbing crushed but chest-aching crushed. Bam *oomph*…alright, it’ll be okay…and then bam…bam…BA-BAM!! That about sums up And After. I have no idea what’s in store for the third book but I can’t wait for it.
I’m gonna finish up my reports and then it’s a mani-pedi-Mason afternoon for me! 😀
Thanks for that update Amy! Moving Mason up on the list!
But Vigilante’s Lover is calling my name too!!
I just finished Never Never and… Wtf! Brilliant mind messery, (I like that phrase) but boy do I want to know what happened next.
I’m re reading the fever series for the millionth time to prepare for Burned!! Even though I wasn’t a huge fan of Iced I can’t wait for more Barrons!!!
Seducing Destiny by Amelia Hutchins comes out the same day( book number 4 in the Fae Chronicles)!! I can’t wait for that one as well!!!
Hey yeah Fabi Red Rising is fantastic! I tore through half of it last night and cannot wait to get home like I literally have to talk myself out of sneak reading it today!
Ok good MichelleS, you were still reading but I wanted to say that I had to push myself to get through some parts of it after starting off with such a bang. It gets long-winded too but it still evened out to be an ok read. It was one of those books that has great sections and then suffers in between.
Niki, I think I want to do that too – go back and reread the Fever series since its been so long. I said above that Iced wasn’t my favorite either but I still preordered Burned and who knows, it might get back on track for me. I’m all over the new Fae Chronicles book – love that series!
Oh and Flowers from the Storm is on sale if anyone was interested in that one since we’ve been talking about historical romances.
Michelle, Iced~Ouch, lol. Really enjoyed it. I hear on the boxed sets. There is a short follow up book I want to read but cost over five dollars. It is or was bundled with the first book for like a dollar. That’s a very good deal……but it really bugs me that I can’t just buy the follow up at the same price. I feel like I’m being totally unreasonable but * shrug* unreasonable I be.
MichelleS & Niki Yay! I’m so ready for this book. I really want that immersed type read. I was going to re read or skim Iced but have not so far and so may be like ” um so who’s this again?”
The worst is the song of ice and fire series, but think the show will help this time. Well, whenever the next comes out.
MichelleS, that’s the *exact* kind of MC series I love to read…so gritty that I feel dirty (in a good way ;)) after reading it. And the first book is free right now! Click! 😀
Jean, keep us posted on Vigilante’s Lover. That one sounds like it has some potential…naughty potential. *snicker*
And I Seducing Destiny comes out on Tuesday?!? Yay! Now I can finally read book 3 without having to wait for book 4. Thanks, Niki!!
That my two favorite Fae series are being released on the same day is just wrong. I won’t be available to anyone for days after! *grins*
What type of historical is everyone looking for, anyway? I’m curious what era people are looking at now.
Tessa, I’m leaning towards historical western right now.
That was the one genre that was the shortest. There were a few good ones, like Linda Howard, and I loved everything by Linda Lael Miller. There were a few titles by some authors I loved, but that was about twenty years ago? *grins* I feel OLD! I’m going to have to go back and remember some.
Tessa, that’s around when I started reading some authors too. So I know I read and loved Garwood & McNaught but the details are gone and the books kind of blend to a type.
For western I just recently read, and greatly enjoyed, Without Words & Beautiful Bad Man by Ellen O’Connell. Previously read her EOSEOG and loved it. Have lined up to read Heart of the West( so excited so mention 100x lol) & A kiss to Die For by Claudia Dain ( new to me).
I remember first time I came a cross a Georgian era book, These old Shades, so fun to read about especially the men’s clothing.
I think it would be fun to find some recent past like the 50s.
Tessa that long ramble and forgot to ask what are some of your fave eras?
And do you still read historical?
For historical western I HIGHLY recommend Sara MacCarty’s Hell’s Eight series. I don’t read westerns but this series is awesome! I read it a long time ago but still love it. It is exciting, steamy, with hot, brooding bad boys and heroines who somehow manage to find that special soft spot. Oh and they can be read as stand alones because each book focuses on a different bad a$$ — umm bad boy. Hehehe
I think all books starting blending as a type. That’s where the really good ones stand out. Or, in my case, I was too young to buy a lot so I read them way too many times. *grins* I have Something Wonderful practically memorized!
You know, I rarely find a good recent past one, unless it’s paranormal. I’d love a good romance from the twenties or thirties. People either living large, or suffering trying to survive. Twenties has that “fun” that hides what’s really going on, and the thirties… depression! Both could have exciting stories.
I do still read them, though not as intensely as before. I just tried to read a book called Thread, The Reincarnation of Anne Boleyn, but after her life, the fiction stuff seemed ridiculous. *sighs* What I really need to do is read that Mallory book and fall in love with James Mallory all over again.
My favorite era is between two. The Tudor era or Regency. I’ve loved medieval romance since I picked up my very first Julie Garwood at 13. That’s why Skye O’Malley was mentioned as a book that influenced me. Beyond the OMG of the drama in the book, it was so rich with details and history, it was like being transported to Queen Elizabeth’s court.
Regency is a thrill for all that the time really was. Pre-Victorian morals, with the rules and nicety of the upper class. The juxtaposition just fascinated me.
*eyes how much she wrote* Geesh!
I loved reading it. 🙂 it’s great to hear what and why people enjoy reading certain things. It makes me want to try out new things.
I like reading it too. By types Garwood is quirky lovable heroines and heroes that make me swoon. McNaught is angst and swoon, lol. Though at the time I didn’t think to label it angst, but hello Whitney, My Love. I need to re read them. I sort of wish they and Howard too had not, what seemed like the same time, switched to suspense.
I think Dorothy Garlock is the only 30s era I’ve read.
So have you read the Jenn Bennet Roaring 20s series? I’ve been tempted by them but really trying not to add more right now to my tbr.
Hmm reading a contemporary & a post apocalyptic 25 yrs in the future and now I want to squirrel to the past.
Tessa, I do have to say, you give way more thought as to why you like an era than I do. I don’t think I stop and think why I like it. Interesting to think about.
I’ve never read Jenn Bennet, though that sounds good. I tried Dorothy Garlock, but it missed something for me.
OMG, the whole suspense movement made me cringe. Everyone was suddenly doing suspense. Iris Johanson, Judith McNaught, Catherine Coulter. Linda Howard’s first suspense’s were good, though. After the Fall was one of my favorites. Catherine Coulter was THE WORST when it came to change. Here was an author that made these amazing regency romances, then abruptly, murder mysteries. I was so disappointed! The Night Fire series was so good, and I miss that writing so much.
I give a lot of thought because I honestly started college thinking of English History as a major. Then I realized what an actual job would be, entailed, and decided against it. (Though, don’t get me wrong. I did like the steam. Loved the steam.)
*grins* and thank you Fabi and Bev. At least my long-winded-ness wasn’t in total waste.
Hey Maryse, you still reading The Mason List? I’m a-freaking out here. Heart is racing (and aching!), tummy is clenching, skin is splotching…you name it, it’s happening to me. I’m loving this ride but I think it’s gonna hurt. Badly. But I almost hope I’m wrong. *Almost*. ‘Cause you know I like to hurt…in books, always and only in books. 😉
That last line of the chapter way back at 27%…did you get an *oomph* there? Like a that-was-a-significant-line kind of *oomph*? Or maybe I’m just too wound up and letting my mind run rampant right now. Probably. I hope so. Or I *think* I hope so. Arrrrrgh!! See?!?!? Told ya I was a-freaking out!
Oh wow. That Pierce Brown really is a hottie!!! Thanks for sharing that Bev!
Historicals… let’s see… I loved Bronze Horseman so much. World War II in Leningrad? Can it get more angsty? If I could find another story like that it would be awesome. I also love the whole “Stewarts in England” time period, and the Scots trying to fight for independence, because I get one of my favorite male leads… a guy in a kilt who says lassie! Paula Quinn was my fave there.
I hear that Sarah Doantti’s series is a good one for late 1700’s American West! Haven’t read it, but heard good things. Anyone read it?
I didn’t read Iced, not sure why. Do I need to tead it before Burned?
Oh Amy, I really need to read The Mason List now. What does that say about me?!
Tead?? Should be read.
Cheryl, as far as I know Burned was originally meant as the sequel to Iced. So to answer your question, I’d say yes. It seems that Burned changes course slightly so that it now incorporates more of the Fever series characters. I think it’s going to be hugely popular because of that.
Iced is different than the Fever series even though it follows the same storyline because it is a YA novel with dark undertones. I think we can all safely say Fever is not YA. 🙂
Yes, Cheryl, you DO need to read it! I’m finishing it up this morning…yep, work and daily chores are on hold until I finish it. And what does that say about you? It says that you are in like company, my friend!! 😀
You ladies are talking about historicals…is isn’t that one of the types of books on the challenge list? If so, I have the Bronze Horseman (sounds sooo good…no idea why I haven’t read it yet *shrug*), and I also have The Bloodletter’s Daughter sitting on my iPad which sounds like it might get kinda dark. Anyone ever read that one?
I agree Cheryl, Amy is making me want to read The Mason List NOW!!
I am 25% into Vigilante’s Lover…… intrigued for now……H hasn’t even meet h yet, but when it happens, oh boy, it’s gonna be interesting!!! They both have no clue…haha! Looks like this one could be extra steamy!! It is a short book and I noticed the 2nd one comes out in a couple weeks.
Amy I have The Bronze Horseman too and haven’t read it yet either! Maybe this year! I haven’t read a historical in a long time!
Ahh finished Red Rising Fabi and I’m officially a huge fan and addicted to this series! LOVED Darrow and felt everything along with him. I started Golden Son today and the reviews look even better for this one not that my rating can go higher because I’m with ya that it was 5 stars all the way!
Thanks Fabi and Amy. Guess I will be reading Iced and The Mason List!! (I’ll read it with you Jean) 😉
Don’t know what I want to read next because I think I need to re-read Shadowfever before I read Iced (or at least skim thru it and look at the ending) and I need to re-read Escaping Destiny before I read Seducing Destiny. What a decision!!
*banging head on iPad*
Alex is killing me here. Killing. Me. I get why she is the way she is but…but…it’s Jess! Oh. My. Heart!!!
I’m a mess right now.
The Bloodletter’s Daughter sounds like Payne from the BDB. *grin*
Oh Michelle, you read so fast and I’ve had so many distractions this week. You’ll be finished with Golden Son before I even finish my reread of Red Rising. Let me know how you like it. Isn’t Darrow amazing in all his perfect imperfection? I can only think to describe him as so very “human” in his alphaness.
Oh no, now I’m afraid to read The Mason List!! What the heck Amy?!?!?
Oooo did you say Payne from BDB Fabi….. love her!
Yeah Jean. Payne and Xhex (sp?) are bad a$$. 🙂
Speaking of suspense Shannon Mckenna Standing in the Shadows and Behind Closed Doors is 1.99. I did really really enjoy them.
have yet to read The Bronze Horseman too
This year definitely.
MichelleS, call you lassie, that just tickled my funny bone. I’ll, hopefully, go to Scotland one day and end up looking all around, like ” Wait were are all the 6’5, totally ripped, kilt wearing highlanders at” lol.
Read a couple of the Donati books. Enjoyed them, great sense of place, but for whatever reason didn’t stick with them.
Speaking of Scottland. I haven’t seen Laura posting lately.
I’m gonna have a freaking anxiety attack.
Oh no, no, no Jean…you’re reading this damn book.
Haha! No pressure right? OK I’m 50% done Vigilante’s Lover so I could potentially start Mason List tonight…… it’s been a while since I’ve had an anxiety attack over a book!
Fabi, yes I have not seen Laura in a while.
Amy, I know you are loving it, but you make it sound horrible, lol.
I read a book that had a heroine with ms who for that reason kept pushing the hero away. At first totally understandable. But then she starting hurting him so much as a way to not hurt him I lost all sympathy for her.
I saw this recently and made me think how I am with certain tropes. And some of the ladies on here if mention certain words like ugly cry.
Now see if can post it.
…aaaaaaand I just literally did the “nope octopus” thing. I need a shot of Jaeger.
*looks at clock*
Gah, I can’t! It’s barely afternoon here. 🙁
*sniff* I love it Bev.
Fabi, I got through it so fast because I stayed up two nights super late since I couldn’t put it down! I love every flaw of Darrows truly and his growth is inspiring and real. When this book is made into a movie, I wish them luck because they will never capture it.
Oh Amy I seriously need to read that book. I want Maryse’s review too – hurry up Maryse 😛
Amy, I just realized how u talk of the heroine? If it was flipped and you were talking of the hero? Total catnip. I probably Would go one click. I’m not sure why it is the reverse for me or , um, what that says about me, lol.
“Nope octopus” thing??????
Michelle, “when” it’s made into a movie? Lol, do you have some inside info?
Jeez Amy, you’re making ME need a drink.
Jean, google “nope octopus” and check out the animated gif. See it? That’s me.
Oh Bev, probably the same thing that it says about me loving books that do this to me. Even though I’m a wreck right now. 😕
*giggle* Cheers, Fabi!
Read it, Michelle…the more, the merrier! Er, not merry but…well, ya know what I mean!
Mar-y-y-y-y-se!!! Why you makin’ me go through this alone??? *huffs* Not happy with you. 😐 Kidding! You know I luffs ya! But seriously, not cool… 😛 Wow, how old am I again??
I’m gonna take my iPad and go hide in my blankie cave. I *have* to finish this book before my hubby gets home and starts laughing at me.
Just came across this and had to share. Not into eye makeup, but it’s cute.
Blahahaha Amy! That is too funny!
Well, looks like Maryse left you high and dry… Lol!
*sniff* amy *sniff* can I have the manatee? *sniff* I’m back to reality because I’ve just finished the Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison and in so depressed that it’s finished I have the day all 13 books are amazing I loved everything it a whole 5*+ for me omg what the hell am I going to do I can’t believe it’s ended!!!!! And I have missed so much so now there is about a million books on me tbr and none of them will compare to Rachel none I tell u!!!!!
Haha Fabi come on it has movie written all over it…all that romance, sacrifice, sadness, action, an underdog, secrets, powerful scenes, quotable quotes, etc…
Amy post how it turns out when you finish because I’m still holding off clicking but just barely!
Yey Laura one of my favorites! I wish she would have kept going with it though since I wanted to see where Rachel ended up with her new ‘partner’ (trying not to spoil). It took them so long to get there and I wanted more 🙁
I started The Mason List last night because I am easily swayed by a bunch of EEPs and OMGs…. not far enough in yet to say too much… but the writing is cool, and kind of …. stylish??? But there’s buckets of blood, so I know it’s going to be BAD!
I think I need smart + funny + sexy next…. any suggestions? Wasn’t there a new Neighbor from Hell that came out? Did we all abandon that, because those were awesome.
Then I get a notice from my library – MONTHS later, BTW… that my hold copy of Murder of Crows is in… so whether I am in the mood for it or not, I have to read that. Loved the first one, so I have high hopes for this one.
The problem with Bronze Horseman as your historical, Amy, is that it is long… three books if I remember. But worth it. Some scenes are forever burned in my brain.
Bev – those are the cutest things ever – I may just have to order it for a gift! Literary themed cat makeup? How clever!
Laura, I have the first couple of that series in pb next to my Kate Daniels.
MichelleS, MOC!!. Can’t wait to hear what you think. The new neighbor book was just ok to me. Something happens in it that, to me is serious and slightly horrifying, but not really written that way. IDK, it seemed jarring to me.
Honestly all I want to read right now is Burned.
Hoh!! Yeah, okay Jean. It’s funny ’til it happens to you! 😛
*hands manatee to Laura* I think I’m gonna need you to share him with me before too long though. 😕
You need to one-click it, Michelle. Now. ‘Cause I said so. See? Even MichelleS started reading it!
MichelleS, just you wait. Hehe. Just you wait. 😉
Haha Michelle. I agree 100%. Yes he’s going to be a self made millionaire before he’s 30 yrs old. So let’s just add that to his list and I think PB is definitely a character in one of our books as well as an author of them.
Let me just say Fabi, you think you know where Golden Son is going and then that’s blown up and I’m left scratching my head. Soooooo good and I’m only 1/3 in!
Murder of Crows! Oh man I wish I could be reading that series for the first time again. March 3rd cannot get here soon enough for the next book!
*Runs to click on The Mason List* ‘Cause I said so’ Amy is scarryyyyy *clicks and hides*
Fabi and Michelle, Universal studios bought the movie rights. He’s writing the screenplay.
Amy, Amy, Amy way to sell a book!! *hugs*
A movie! Seeee I knew it even if I didn’t really…
So quick Google search and it looks like the movie rights did sell.
Ok, so I know everyone is off reading or hiding or reading and hiding but curious. I have seen post about what trends, sub genre etc people want to see in romance this yr.
For myself, as we talked about, different eras in historical.
More true blue collar h & h.
More mature characters in NA.
More slow burn.
What about you?
Woohoo! I knew it. It just had to go on the big screen. Ender’s Game and Hunger Games were awesome on the big screen. Michelle you’re psychic. Cheryl and Bev thanks for the confirmation. Pierce Brown is headed towards “most eligible bachelor” status quick.
Oh my… It already hurts. And I don’t even know *exactly* why yet…I just know it hurts. I need to go on my run before I attempt to jump back in because I don’t think I’m going to want to run afterwards.
*walks off rubbing chest*
Thank u guys I have missed u all!!!
Bev come to Scotland u can stay here 🙂 but yes u will be disappointed that all men aren’t what u imagined lol
I’m feeling a bit better now as I’ve started the game plan NFH and a Bradford always cracks me up lol
Finished The Mason List last night and…well…I’ll just say the ending was not what I expected. That’s all I’m saying. Y’all just need to read it. 😉
That’s not giving us much Amy!
I finished Vigilante’s Lover and loved it! So different than what I was expecting! Mystery, intrigue….. just really, really great!
Okay, okay…I cried. Yep, I did. But I had a more visceral reaction to the parts leading up to the end. Obviously. *snort*
Whaaa I don’t think I feel like crying. I know I said I’d read ML next but…. never read Sweet Gum Tree so I can’t compare it to that. Maybe I should read The Pact or Never Never which were kinda next for me…… Ugh I hate when I am in between books and can’t decide what to read next. Could always go back to BDB…..
I’ve got some .99 deals that look good…i.e. I clicked them all haha
Forgiving Reed by CA Harms
Vampire Next Door by Angela Snyder
That Girl by HJ Bellus
Wrecking Ball by BN Toler
Jean, it’s not “that” kind of crying book. Do you know what kind I’m talking about? I cried but didn’t sob. It’s a…er, safe book, I guess? The best part was the crazy ride through most of it. So, VL is good? I love it when someone else is the reading guinea pig. *giggle*
Thanks Michelle! Forgiving Reed looks promising. 🙂
OK Amy maybe I will give it a try tonight. I don’t like the kind of cry that involves death…. But if it’s just a “cry” that we can handle, that’s doable for me! I get what you are saying!
Loved Vigilante’s Lover! Can’t stop thinking about it…so different, not what I was expecting!
Oh and I’m reading Never Never right now because it’s short and I figured I could read it real quick. I have no idea what’s going on!! Can’t even guess…. Well maybe a couple guesses but still….. it’s definitely YA though and I didn’t realize that.
Michelle. Thanks, I think I might go for wrecking ball. Doing well not one clicking but have seen some good reviews and feel like some angst.
Laura, that is very sweet to say.:-)
On a side note… Don’t invite people over off the internet, lol.
MIchelle, thanks. Have read Wrecking Ball- it is good, kinda a story within a story.
GAH!!!! I’m SO sorry Amy. I’m such a bad buddy-reader!!! *slaps hands!!!!*
And… Amy… ummmmm…. can I borrow your manatee?
Hmm what subgenres I want more of this year…more dystopian (like romance in a dystopian setting not the more common dystopian with some romance), more realism in stories (haha think the opposite of Black Lies), more western romances (I like my cowboys!), and on the paranormal end I always want more well written fae/elf romances (Laura, I need more Trent like characters!).
Oh thanks Cheryl – Wrecking Ball has a lot of good reviews and like Bev said it seemed angsty which I’ve been in the mood for. Amy, does The Mason List has any of your much loved angst? If it does, I might go with that one next.
What sub-genre do I want to read more of this year? Maybe some cool sc-fi? I know Fabi has a few that she loves, and even you Maryse mentioned the Dan Koontz one? right? Have never actually clicked on that specific genre. I also wish I could find a good Arthurian legends book. When I was a teen, I was obsessed with that genre. Someone said Genevieve Chronicles was good? And maybe one good “futuristic” novel that’s not dystopian! Why does everyone want the zombies to rule, and electricity to be obsolete, for crying out loud??? And one super hot shifter book please!!!
Awww, I never turn down a hug!! *big squeezy hug*
*hands manatee to Maryse* You’re at “that” part, aren’t ya? Here, you might need some tissue too…
Why does everyone want the zombies to rule, and electricity to be obsolete, for crying out loud??? <——– *snicker* Can you imagine that kind of postapocalyptic life with no tampons, no body wash, wearing the same panties…good lord, there would be an epidemic of rotten vagi- Uh, you know what I mean. 😛
Amy – I’d make it one week…. tops…. EW! No tampons? Remember On the Island? At least she had some “stuff” wash on shore for a while! Then they got hair and smelly and got down to business. heeheehee
I haven’t read OTI yet. I know! I know. But “they got hair and smelly”…EWWWWW!!! LOL!!!! That sounded so wrong. That was just… ewwwww!!!
I’m seriously sitting here giggling like a dang buffoon.
OMMIIGOOODDD!! Fabi where are you I’m having a freak out over the ending of Golden Son! The manatee is not going to fix this…I’m shocked…bloodydamn sums it up!
Oh no no no no no no noooooo
it’ll problably be a year before the final one comes out
What?! Have I gotten myself into?!
“Bloodydamn” not “gorydamn” oh shoot oh shoot
I already looked and it said 2016 for the last book. A WHOLE YEAR of waiting! Oh sweet baby jesus. I didn’t expect such a horrific CH…I just cannot deal right now…oh yes we are in bloodydamn territory now…
Note to self – pass on reading Golden Son???? Fabi, Michelle? You had me putting it on my TBR list and then POOF…. you’ve scared me off.
Amy – you did NOT just say you haven’t read On The Island!! That one is a no-brainer-5-star-read…. imagine Bastian’s Storm light and sweet and romantic, with adventure and angst …. it has everything! Shocked, my friend, I am shocked!
Smelly and hair is freak-out ew? And rotten-vagi isn’t??? Girl’s got to have priorities.
A CH? Now that just downright posses me off.
*in a threatening voice to GS* OIT is on my tbr too. But wait, it was all the grit I liked in BS. Hmmmm
Ok I’ve semi calmed down. No MichelleS you NEED to read this series. Anyone who liked Hunger Games or Game of Thrones or scifi…it’s a crazy brilliant mix of so many things. Even though it sucked it big time with that ending, the book was fantastic…so fantastic it’s better than Red Rising and easily my favorite book this year and I can’t see anything touching it. Oh and I recommend reading them back to back if you can since it really lent something to the story and delivery. Bloodydamn and gorydamn amazing books!
Sounds like I made the right decision in rereading RR before GS. But, ugh, I so hate CHs. Not as much as I hate bad endings, but still. I have a huge bone to pick with authors about this new CH fad they’re all embracing.
Sorry I can’t really do a buddy read with you Michelle. Even when we’re both reading the same books, you are finished with them before I’ve even sunk my teeth in.
You didn’t add Ender’s Game to your comparison. For me, it has that feel to it. Ender’s Game is one of the most amazing books I’ve ever read. Red Rising “feels” that way too.
Bloodygorydamn amazing. 😉
*peeks at MichelleS from behind iPad*
I haven’t read Surviving Raine or Bastian’s Storm either.
*squeals and hides*
Holy crap Amy! You are so missing out on Surviving Raine.
*ummm jus’ sayin’*
Ahh I forgot Ender’s Game…absolutely right though, add that to the mix as well to describe it. HA! Bloodygorydamn is my word of the day! Post when you are reading Fabi because I’m dying to hear what you think of the wild ride!
Smelly and hair are not freak-out ew…but smelly hair is!!! Had to clarify that. *snort* Hey, we were talking about OTI so this is still book related! 😉
I know, I know Fabi! I just *really* have to be in a certain mood to read an all-male POV book. 😕
Ok Michelle. I’ll probably start it tonight. I’m off on Monday, so who knows, I might actually be in time to read Burned when it hits my Kindle Tuesday. I’m in reading heaven this month. Lol
Amy, I think as far as *feel* goes I’d class OTI with Sea of Tranquility. It’s been a while so I could be remembering that wrong. IDK, but I think you’d really enjoy it.
Michelle, did you happen to notice that Pierce Brown’s writing seems to be that of a much older author? Maybe someone 3 times his age. It is also surprisingly empathic for a male author.
I don’t know, it’s just something that has struck me through this second reading of Red Rising. I don’t think I knew how young he was when I first read it.
I would NEVER guess it was his first series and that he was so young. I thought the same thing while reading and no pressure to him but I can’t wait to see what he comes up with next! He is also very expressive and it’s a great mix of male and female sentiments throughout the story. It’s really smart because this series can reach a huge audience. Even if scifi/dystopian is not you thing, you can’t help but connect with the story and message.
“I haven’t read Surviving Raine or Bastian’s Storm either”
I have no words for this…..
The Surviving Raine part, I mean…. I haven’t read BS, the follow up either. He’s completely your kind of guy! You need a Spring Break reading list! Put OTI and SR on it!!!
I have Murder of Crows in my hot little hands and it’s what’s on the agenda for tonight….. 🙂
Hey guys! Was out of the loop over the weekend! I finished up the Ivy Series and liked it but still loved the first book, The Year We Fell Down, the best.
Then I stuck with my TBR and am reading Broken Course, the third book in the Wrecked And Ruined series by Aly Martinez…I am loving it! Wasn’t sure how I felt about hearing Sarah’s story, but it is really good. And Leo, OMG I’m in love! He is smooth and sexy and fun! And Sarah’s flashbacks to her relationship with Brett hurts just as much in this book as it did in book one!
On another note, yes Amy you must read SR and OTI. I just recently read OTI and was kicking myself for waiting so long!
Thanks for the feedback on Broken Course Jean. It just moved to top slot in my tbr.
Hey did you guys hear the news? The film rights to Archers Voice were just sold! I can’t even imagine that as a movie…. Hope it doesn’t ruin it!