Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – January 2nd 2018

by Maryse on January 2, 2018 · 84 comments

Happy First NEW RELEASE LIST of the new year, everyone!! Not a huge list today, but I know we’ll soon be abundant in awesome books as the year progresses, and there are some certain gems right here and now! :)

P.S. I’ll be adding more as the day progresses if there are any last minute releases.

P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
  1. Promise Not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz
  2. White Bodies: A Novel by Jane Robins
  3. Rescuing Casey: Delta Force Heroes, Book 7 by Susan Stoker
  4. If Only for One Night by ReShonda Tate Billingsley
  5. Need to Know by Fern Michaels
  6. The Spring Girls by Anna Todd
  7. Elizabeth’s Wolf by Lora Leigh
  8. Blood Fury: Black Dagger Legacy, Book 3 by J.R. Ward <— PRE-ORDER FOR NEXT WEEK’S RELEASE!

BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.)

• Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O’Roark <— Ashley says we need to read these…

Ashley: One of the books I read this year that I wondered why I didn’t read sooner was Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O’Roark (the next one Drowning Erin was good too) it was absolutely amazing and I highly recommend it.

Ashley: Also one that surprised me was Shooter by Dahlia West, I just discovered it and have already listened to it twice.

PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN

1. Heart on Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles) by Amanda Bouchet
  2. Freeing his Mate: A Howls Romance (Shifter World: Shifter Affairs series Book 1) by Nancy Corrigan
  3. All the World’s an Undead Stage (Offbeat Crimes Book 6) by Angel Martinez
  4. Pegasus in Peril by Crystal Dawn
  5. Blood Dolls (Blood Vice Book 4) by Angela Roquet
  6. Fireman: Book 1 of the Fireman Series by Morgen A Springer
  7. Elizabeth’s Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds) by Lora Leigh
  8. Lost Wages of Sin: A Hellish Paranormal Romance (Sinners & Saints Book 1) by Rosalie Stanton
  9. Dangerous Promise (The Protector) by Megan Hart <— MEGAN HART SCI-FI ALERT!!
  10. Hunting The Past (Hunter Elite Book 1) by J.C. Diem
  11. Dragon Blood (A Novel of the Lupi) by Eileen Wilks
  12. Something to Howl About: An Alphaville Story by Christine Warren
  13. The Bride Spy (Civil War Brides Book 3) by Piper Davenport

CONTEMPORARY

1. Wicked Choice (The Wicked Horse Vegas Book 4) by Sawyer Bennett <— THEY’RE MERCENARIES FOR HIRE & NOW SHE’S PREGNANT……One night of passion turns their lives upside down with a pregnancy neither of them expected, and one that Rachel was too terrified to ever want. Bodie, however, is a family man through and through, and he’s determined to raise their child alone if necessary…”
  2. Every Dog Has His Day (A Bluff Point Romance) by Jenn McKinlay
  3. Cowboy Stole My Heart (A River Ranch Novel) by Soraya Lane
  4. A Wedding At Two Love Lane by Kieran Kramer
  5. Pretty Dead Girls by Monica Murphy <— MONICA MURPHY PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! “…The most popular girls in school are turning up dead, and Penelope Malone is terrified she’s next. All the victims so far have been linked to Penelope—and to a boy from her physics class. The one she’s never really noticed before, with the rumored dark past and a brooding stare that cuts right through her…”
  6. Rocco: A Mafia Romance (Ruin & Revenge) by Sarah Castille
  7. Racing the Tide (TETRAD Group Book 1) by January Bain
  8. End Game (Dirty Money) by Lisa Renee Jones <— LISA RENEE JONES SERIES CONCLUSION ALERT!! “Passion and danger collide in the explosive finale to Emily and Shane’s story.”
  9. Moonlight in Vermont: Based on the Hallmark Channel Original Movie by Kacy Cross
  10. Once Upon a Valentine’s (PTA Moms Book 3) by Holly Jacobs
  11. Marrying Mandy (Brides of Clearwater) by Melanie D. Snitker
  12. The Ones Who Got Away by Roni Loren <— SHE SURVIVED A TRAUMATIZING EVENT & HE’S A COP… “...Only a few students survived that fateful night—a group the media dubbed The Ones Who Got Away. Liv Arias thought she’d never return to Long Acre—until a documentary brings her and the other survivors back home. Suddenly her old flame, Finn Dorsey, is closer than ever, and their attraction is still white-hot. When a searing kiss reignites their passion, Liv realizes this rough-around-the-edges cop might be exactly what she needs…”
  13. Snow Angel by Mary Balogh
  14. Whiskey Secrets (Whiskey and Lies Book 1) by Carrie Ann Ryan <— SHE LEFT AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP ALERT!!…sparks fly between a former cop-turned-bartender and his new innkeeper in the first installment of a Montgomery Ink spin-off series...”
  15. Undone: A City Rich Novel by Amelia Wilde <— SHE’LL RUIN HIM… “...I never courted chaos. She came to my doorstep anyway. Her name? Annabel Forester. Her goal? Upend everything. She’s an irresistible disaster, as gorgeous as she is unpredictable. One day here, gone the next. I can’t trust her. I certainly can’t be with her. Getting caught with Annabel by my side will put my business on the line...”
  16. Oath of Honor (Blue Justice Book #1) by Lynette Eason
  17. Silent Threat (Mission Recovery Book 1) by Dana Marton
  18. The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz
  19. A Daring Escape (The London Chronicles Book 2) by Tricia Goyer
  20. Collision Course (Body Shop Bad Boys Book 4) by Marie Harte <— MARIE HARTE ALERT!! SINGLE MOM & THE HOTTEST GUY IN TOWN…Florist Joey Reeves is working overtime to stay away from Lou Cortez, the ace mechanic with a reputation for irresistible charm. She’s a single mom with enough on her plate—the last thing she needs is entanglement with the hottest guy in town…”
  21. Show Me by Abigail Strom
  22. Claiming Cooper (O’Loughlin Brothers Book 1) by A.F. Crowell
  23. The Key to Everything by Paula Stokes
  24. Chasing Shadows (The Shadow Series Book 2) by Lauren Hope
  25. Cowboy SEAL Homecoming (Navy SEAL Cowboys) by Nicole Helm
  26. Healing Hearts by Catherine Winchester <— SHE’S FINALLY FREE OF AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP & HE’S A FAMOUS STAR BACK IN HIS HOMETOWN RECOVERING…When her abusive husband dies, Kelsey grasps her new freedom and settles in the sleepy town of Allborough, hoping to recover from her trauma. Movie star, Tom, is at the top of his game until a horrific car accident leaves him broken and burned, so he returns home to heal. Both recovering, they form an unlikely friendship…”
  27. Mr. January (Calendar Men Book 1) by Bailey Bradford <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
  28. Nikan Rebuilt: A steamy, emotional rockstar romance (Preload) by Scarlett Cole
  29. Promise Not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz <— JAYNE ANN KRENTZ ALERT!! She’s battling personal demons… “Seattle gallery owner Virginia Troy has spent years battling the demons that stem from her childhood time in a cult and the night a fire burned through the compound, killing her mother. And now one of her artists has taken her own life, but not before sending Virginia a last picture: a painting that makes Virginia doubt everything about the so-called suicide—and her own past...”
  30. Games We Play (Lies We Tell Book 3) by Kelly Hashway
  31. Spring Forward (Mystic Creek) by Catherine Anderson
  32. Kiss the Sky by MK Schiller
  33. Rule Number One (Rule Breakers Book 1) by Nicky Shanks <— HE DOESN’T WANT TO GET CLOSE… “...Julie Remington is a friend of a friend. Pretty, stubborn, infuriating…instant attraction. I don’t like the fact that I like her. And what I dislike even more is having to share a bedroom with her. Now I regret agreeing to come on this trip to act as my best friend’s wingman...’
  34. Steal Away Home by Billy Coffey
  35. Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue Book #4) by Susan May Warren
  36. The Spring Girls: A Modern-Day Retelling of Little Women by Anna Todd <— ANNA TODD ALERT!!! “Four sisters desperately seeking the blueprints to life—the modern-day retelling of Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women like only Anna Todd (After, Imagines) could do.”

PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! :D )

1. Something So Irresistible (Something So Series Book 3) by Natasha Madison – January 8th 2018
  2. Blood Fury: Black Dagger Legacy by J.R. Ward – January 9th 2018
  3. Most Likely To Score by Lauren Blakely – January 8th 2018
  4. Hot Shot (North Ridge Book 3) by Karina Halle - January 9th 2018
  5. The Wright Secret by K.A. Linde - January 9th 2018
  6. Infraction (Players Game Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken - January 9th 2018
  7. Blood Fury: Black Dagger Legacy by J.R. Ward - January 9th 2018
  8. Uncharted: a survival love story by Julie Johnson - January 10th 2018

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

D.G. January 2, 2018 at 6:51 AM

Happy New Year, Happy Go back to work Monday! *inhaling coffee as quickly as possible*

Am I first?!?!?

Grey January 2, 2018 at 7:01 AM

Morning…. *grumble, grumble* back to work for me too. The only upshot, it’s only a 4 day workweek….

Leslie M January 2, 2018 at 7:39 AM

*side eyes Maryse aka evil book temptress*

Thanks Maryse, it’s only Jan 2 and you already made me want to break my resolution of resisting all the shinies!!!

*snort*

Leslie M January 2, 2018 at 8:13 AM

Maybe I have been so preoccupied with holidays for last several weeks so now I am over excited with new books??

I added Waking Olivia yesterday and I like sound of:

The Ones Who Got Away
Whiskey Secrets
Collision Course
Healing Hearts
Rule #1

Maryse January 2, 2018 at 9:15 AM

I like the sound of… sleeping. ;)

*sigh*

Morning guys!!! I need extra coffee.

Robyn January 2, 2018 at 9:35 AM

I’m still on the East coast until tomorrow, so I get,to say hi early! Hi Everyone!! Back to Phoenix and warmth and sunshine and rainbows and glitter and I promise never to complain about the heat again, even when it’s a 115 in the middle of summer! WHEW! Can you tell I’m ready to go home?! LOL

R. Renee January 2, 2018 at 10:02 AM
R. Renee January 2, 2018 at 10:03 AM
Nay January 2, 2018 at 10:03 AM

Good morning! Happy 4-day week!

We’re starting our COTAR buddy read right now! I’m so excited!!

Tasha J January 2, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Yay!! I hope you all love it! And if not so much, read book 2 next.
I started The Unlikeable Demon Hunter this morning. I think it was from Tessa’s favorites list, really liking it so far!

Tasha J January 2, 2018 at 10:28 AM

-12 today, brrrr!! But, as long as the weather stays as predicted we finally get a reprieve Sunday with a whopping 30! Can’t wait.

Tasha J January 2, 2018 at 11:23 AM

So, how does prime kindle first work? I’m a new prime member and haven’t discovered all the benefits yet.

Kooloo January 2, 2018 at 11:38 AM

Crazy busy at work today – gahhh everyone is stick with a cold or rash or wants help to quit smoking today!
Anyway just thought I’d pop in and say I FLOVED COTAR!!!!!

Tessa January 2, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Oooh, Tasha, I hope you enjoy it! That series is just so fun, and she’s so flawed it’s great. :)

Gah, got to wait for the new Amanda Bouchet. I will get it though! Jut, not yet. Probably Fri.

Jean January 2, 2018 at 12:46 PM

Hi ladies! Hope you all love COTAR! I actually won a copy of The Ones Who Got Away…. read a sample prior to that and it sounded really good!

I’m LOVING Devil in Spring…. hoping to finish today. Took off so I only have 3 day work week. Just put all my Xmas decorations away!

MichelleS January 2, 2018 at 1:15 PM

I have two days left of my vacation – and I am in panic mode…. need to find just ONE good, quick read. I see Elizabeth’s Wolf up there! I loved that book. Haven’t read a Breeds novel in forever, but the price is so high! And it’s a re-release…. so…. why are Lora leigh’s books always so pricey? I usually wait for the library to read her books.

I am trying to finish that Fae book – it started so so so dark and half of it was in the same location (they are both prisoners and treated very badly) – then POOF – they are now in the “Earth Realm” and things are a bit lighter. My head is spinning at the change in tone.

MichelleS January 2, 2018 at 1:16 PM

Is the buddy read of Court of Thorns and Roses only for people who haven’t read it? I may highjack your discussion thread. LOL

R. Renee January 2, 2018 at 1:32 PM

Hijack away Michelle!

Grey January 2, 2018 at 2:05 PM

Nope not for only them, Michelle. In fact, I’m rereading…well I will be…

Nay January 2, 2018 at 2:13 PM

Michelle–I LOVED Elizabeth’s Wolf! Read that when they were all only available in oversized pb. I used to love to read those and still have about 200 of them on my bookshelves (I think I have several of the Breeds series, but they’re later ones.) I plan to pick it back up this year with #15 A Jaguar’s Kiss.

Come join us reading COTAR!

Tessa January 2, 2018 at 2:31 PM

Michelle, what Fae book?

Tessa January 2, 2018 at 3:02 PM

Let me clarify, I know you downloaded it, but you still haven’t said the name. :P

MichelleS January 2, 2018 at 3:04 PM

Tessa – Elusion (Facets of Feyrie) – if I can get in the right mood, I can finish it and review it – but I am having a hard time. I got through all of the torture and I guess I just haven’t connected to anyone just yet. Will keep you posted. Always on the lookout for a good fae tale.

Tessa January 2, 2018 at 3:05 PM

Alright, Dec 2017 best book? I only have two that stood out. A Different Blue by Amy Harmon and Sinful Empire by Meghan March.

Those who’ve been waiting until the Mount trilogy (up there under one of two best) was complete to avoid CH, they are all out now. :)

MichelleS January 2, 2018 at 3:09 PM

Is it sad that I read the blurb for the new BDB up there (Blood Fury) and have zero plans to read it? A few years ago I would have gasped at the notion. Two stories? really? Not enough romance and storyline for just one couple? Peyton, Saxton – snooze….. I feel awful writing that, but I don’t feel anything for these guys.

OOH! Kingmaker Chronicles book three is out. Thanks for the reminder. Love that series: strong female lead and a warlord? YES!

MichelleS January 2, 2018 at 3:12 PM

Tesaa – Dec 2017 best book? A Charm of Finches. (as usual, kicking myself for waiting).

Tessa January 2, 2018 at 3:57 PM

lol, I haven’t read it. I wasn’t a big fan of This Man I Love. Again, broken angst box.

A new Kingmaker Chronicles book is reason enough to squee, right?

Jean January 2, 2018 at 4:33 PM

Favs for December 2017: A Love Letter to Whiskey, Moon Called and Maybe in Another Life!

Tessa January 2, 2018 at 4:34 PM

*spins* Moon Called is mentioned!

Jan January 2, 2018 at 10:46 PM

Jean is loving Devil In Spring! Yayyy!! *pumps fist* Welcome to my world, Jean. If you want to boost your tbr, (bwahahah) the two previous books in that series are great too – Cold Hearted Rake and Marrying Winterborne. (Winterborne is a pioneering department store owner in London, like Mr Selfridge from TV, and it’s a lovely HR read). And there’s a fourth one due out in February called Hello Stranger, loosely based on a real-life pioneering woman doctor in London. Can’t wait!! (So far, Devil In Spring is the best one, though).

My final read for 2017 turned out to be my best December read. OK, it’s another HR, but it’s also a terrific spy mystery. Set during the French Revolution. Forbidden Rose by Joanna Bourne. Really good. I highly rec. Yay! I’ve discovered a new author I like, and there’s a series!! Woohoo!

JulieO January 3, 2018 at 6:00 AM

Tessa
I really enjoyed the Mount trilogy too. Of course they didn’t come out fast enough for me though.

Nay January 3, 2018 at 9:56 AM

My favorite read in December was Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11) by Darynda Jones. For me, this is one of those series where each book gets better and better. Even if it hadn’t been my ONLY read in December, I’m pretty sure it still would’ve been my fave! lol

Amy January 3, 2018 at 3:11 PM

Belated happy new year to everyone! :D

Healing Hearts was an immediate (and the only) click for me. I’m trying to be good this year.

Oh hey, one of my favorites is free right now! Until the End of the World is FREE right now!!

Amy January 3, 2018 at 3:15 PM

Maryse, Not Perfect was my pick as well for Kindle First. How fun does it sound?? I was thrilled to actually have some intriguing picks this month…the last couple have been disappointing. :?

Jean January 3, 2018 at 3:21 PM

I got Not Perfect too! And I mentioned to everyone on the GR Free Books thread about UTEOTW….. one of my favorite recommendations from you!

Happy New Year Amy!

Amy January 3, 2018 at 4:01 PM

Happy new year to you as well, Jean! *huge squeezy hug*

Leslie M January 3, 2018 at 5:58 PM

Bad news: Another snow storm coming tomorrow

Good news: I am gonna make pepperoncini pot roast. *rubs belly with gleeful anticipation*

Jan January 3, 2018 at 6:29 PM

A snow storm. It’s hard for me to picture that. We have 42 (celsius) predicted here for Saturday folks. Actually, when I googled that in fahrenheit, I was a little shocked to see that’s equal to 107.6. Ouch! And bushfire (wildfire) warnings. Summer in Australia……. Only (LOL) 32 today (=90F) I’ll stay in my air-conditioned living room and read read read. A bit too hot to garden today.

Leslie M January 3, 2018 at 6:34 PM

107 degrees Jan!!??

I just had a hot flash.

Tasha J January 3, 2018 at 6:47 PM

Halfway through The Unlikeable Demon Hunter and lurving it! I’m so stinkin tired though! It’s not even 7…*shakes head* I spent some of the first of the year filling out January’s calendar and it’s to be another exhausting month.

Jean January 3, 2018 at 7:07 PM

Snowstorm here too Leslie! Hoping it’s enough to keep me home from work! Haha

Jean January 3, 2018 at 7:09 PM

Jan, it’s 25 degrees F. here right now….brrrr….. and that’s actually warmer than its been the last week!

Leslie M January 3, 2018 at 7:28 PM

13 degrees right now.

Can’t wait to retire to Florida. Too bad that won’t be for many more years.

Maryse January 3, 2018 at 9:00 PM

Leslie it’s COLD here right now too… but I do HOPE you come here.. CLOSE TO ME PLEASE!! :D

Cheryl January 3, 2018 at 10:01 PM

Amy, I like the cover and the blurb for Healing Hearts.

We are getting snow tomorrow too. My daughter’s school is already closed. Fingers crossed mine is too!

Jean January 3, 2018 at 10:05 PM

Cheryl, I am praying for a snow day tomorrow!

Tessa January 3, 2018 at 11:32 PM

Grey’s list is up.

Nay January 3, 2018 at 11:35 PM

My youngest son was supposed to go back to school tomorrow, but they went ahead and canceled Thursday and Friday–and it’s not even snowing here! Needless to say, he’s thrilled!

Leslie M January 4, 2018 at 7:24 AM

Maryse, when I move to Florida, we are so doing RL buddy reads. :)

Today’s to do list:

Drink lots of coffee
Make pot roast
Shovel snow
Try to love Court of Thorns & Roses so book buds don’t get mad at me

Tasha J January 4, 2018 at 8:38 AM

Bah! I’m so sick of cooking. And eating. My to do list includes babysitting, picking 1 up from school, homework, cooking, cooking, cooking, eating, eating, eating, taking 1 to swim team practice, walking, eating, and shower.
I need some crockpot ideas (gentle on stomachs) As yummy as those pot roasts sound, I can’t eat em. :(

Nancy Parken January 4, 2018 at 9:12 AM

I am excited that there is a new edition of Elizabeth’s Wolf by Lora Leigh. I read this year’s ago, but this is suppose to have new material. It was cheaper to buy the paperback edition than the Kindle. I just happened to get some Amazon Gift Cards for Christmas. Merry Christmas to me!!

Ela January 4, 2018 at 9:27 AM

EVERYONE MUST READ COTAR….I HAVE FAITH IN YOU LESLIE!

Jean January 4, 2018 at 10:37 AM

Snow day!!

FLT: On our wedding day, my fiance, James, arrived at the church in a casket. (Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale)

Tasha J January 4, 2018 at 10:38 AM

Holy cow, Jean- that first line packs a punch!

Jean January 4, 2018 at 10:40 AM

Yes it does! Loving it so far but only at 15%

Tasha J January 4, 2018 at 10:43 AM

FLT- “Mornings after sucked.” from The Unlikeable Demon Hunter (Nava Katz Book 1) by Deborah Wilde

Jean January 4, 2018 at 10:54 AM

I like that first line Tasha!

Amy January 4, 2018 at 1:49 PM

FLT

“Do you ever have conversations with people where they remark how they seem to have blinked and an hour has flown by, or a week, or a year?” ~ What Goes Around Comes Around by Isobel Hart

JEAN!! I read that one! I loved it…until the very end. :? The last chapter (or epilogue? I can’t remember…) irritated me. But…BUT! It was totally a personal preference thing. I can explain by PM when you are finished. ;) Other than the end, I thought it was great.

Amy January 4, 2018 at 1:52 PM

Tasha, I posted this before but it is worth posting again. Super easy, super yummy, and super filling: https://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/slow-cooker-pesto-mozzarella-chicken-pasta/

I want to move to Florida. :cry:

All of our friends in the Northeast…STAY SAFE AND WARM!!! I just saw the articles about the “bomb cyclone” and instantly thought of y’all. Sending warm, cuddly hugs your way.

Now to go and (finally) catch up on everyone’s 2017 favorites posts…

Maryse January 4, 2018 at 2:09 PM

Yeah I must read this, Jean.

Amy January 4, 2018 at 2:11 PM

Maryse, you definitely want to. ;)

Amy January 4, 2018 at 2:18 PM

Hey guys, I have a 2018 challenge for us if anyone is interested?

Read a book which takes us totally outside of our comfort zone.

I’m not talking about one we have been putting off “just because” or one that is a genre outside of our norm for reading, but rather one we have been avoiding because we just KNOW it is going to make us all kinds of uncomfortable or make us go off on a rant. Actually, I would love this because I WANT to see the rants. :P

So, maybe it would be something dark (Her Master’s Courtesan) or something you know is going to make you question your morals (Forbidden) or, like in my case, something I know is going to p!ss me the heck off (True Love Story or Ground Rules Rewritten).

Who’s game?

Tessa January 4, 2018 at 2:34 PM

FLT:
The country-western bar rocked on its pilings with music and conversation, laughter and line dances – and an obscene number of ten-gallon hats – all competing with the glint of the club’s lights to obscure my sightline.
The Touch of Twilight (Sign of the Zodiac, Book 3) by Vicki Peterson

This is what I got with my five dollars back when I should have gotten some of those deals. :)

Nay January 4, 2018 at 3:27 PM

I’m in, Amy! I have a challenge resistance problem! lol

FLT:

“The forest had become a labyrinth of snow and ice.”
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Cheryl January 4, 2018 at 4:37 PM

Snow day and it looks like no school tomorrow too!!! *fist pumps*

FLT:
“It was a typical Friday night at Hooligan’s in August.” Lucky by Carina Adams.

Jean and Amy- is EWK a 3 book series?

Jean January 4, 2018 at 4:39 PM

Yes, it’s 3 books, but 3rd one isn’t out until July.

Tasha J January 4, 2018 at 4:50 PM

Oooh, thank you Amy!! You just made my weekend! :D You wouldn’t think it, but consuming 2200 calories on a day to day basis has been really hard. I’ve had trouble gaining the weight needed and I’m slowly catching up. I’m also on a (loosish) low fodmap diet so picking foods to give me more calories, but not keep me full (so bloated I want to hurl) for 4 hours has been a real b**ch.

Jan January 4, 2018 at 7:59 PM

Hope you’re all warm and safe over there. The ‘bomb’ winter storm on US east coast even made the TV news down here. And snow in Florida? WTAH? I didn’t know that ever happened!

My FLT:
A toast to the Duke of Claymore and his bride!

from Judith McNaught’s A Kingdom of Dreams. A lovely HR set in about 1500, Scotland and England. An oldie but goodie.

*clicks air conditioner on*

Maryse January 4, 2018 at 8:30 PM

I am so worried for everyone!!!! I can’t imagine power outages in THAT kind of cold…

Tessa January 4, 2018 at 9:25 PM

Jan, that book will always have a special spot in my heart, The only HR by her I liked more was Something Wonderful. Happy memories.

I know! That type of cold is insane. I want to go where it’s colder… but I need heat when inside. BRR

Maryse January 4, 2018 at 9:49 PM

I need to go turn on my pool pump for the night… freezing temps are bad for the pipes. And OH BOY will it hard freeze tonight. There are some Florida trees that are VERY unhappy right now.

Maryse January 4, 2018 at 9:52 PM

*daydreams of eating 2200 calories a day and it being okay to look for more…*

Maryse January 4, 2018 at 9:57 PM

IN!!!! I’m game.
OH YES I AM!!!!! Does someone choose for me?

Eeeeeeep!

Tessa January 4, 2018 at 10:16 PM

LOL I felt the same way about 2200 calories, but the need to it that much to gain weight isn’t a good thing either. Still, I could do it easily between things like croissants and pizza.

Jean January 4, 2018 at 10:33 PM

You guys! I just finished Everything We Keep and LOVED it! It was my choice from Lisa’s Favorites on our GR challenge. Jumping right into book 2 although not sure my heart can take much more. That Epilogue!!!

So far so good here with the weather. Got 5 inches of snow, really cold, and really windy! Haven’t lost power yet…..*crosses fingers* Hope everyone else on the east coast are safe and warm. Maryse, the temps in Florida right now are crazy!

Maryse January 4, 2018 at 10:47 PM

HOLY MOLY JAN!!!! 107 isn’t even a thing here in FL and we’re the “Sunshine State”. I can’t imagine.

Jan January 4, 2018 at 11:46 PM

Yep that 107 forecast is for tomorrow. they’re still saying it’s on. Eeeeep! It’s gonna be an offical day of Total Fire Ban too. That’s a thing we have on days of extreme bushfire danger – no fires outside allowed. But who’s gonna go outside anyway??? And you guys shivering on the other side of the world! One extreme to the other.

bev January 4, 2018 at 11:54 PM

Maryse watch out for the falling iguanas. Or pick them up. Then go read Gaan.

bev January 4, 2018 at 11:56 PM

Does it really not get that hot in Florida?

Tasha J January 5, 2018 at 7:39 AM

Lol, you would think it’s that easy. I can’t eat pizza. And I like to stay away from a lot of butter (croissants) for fear of developing gall stones. It runs in the family and I already have stomach issues. With my last 2, I needed to gain extra and I did it with nasty ensure and milkshakes, smoothies with powdered milk and what not. I gained 40 and 50lbs. I can’t do milk now, but I’ve started Ensure again. Though I can’t do the real high calorie one bc it makes me too sick. So I went to a dietician this time and with the way I eat normally, I was close (about 1900) and that was eating 3 meals a day with snacks. Now, I calorie count and I’ve never done that in my life. I have cereal with almond milk in the morning, 2hrs later 2 eggs with olive oil and a mini blueberry bagel with pb, 1-2hrs later lunch. Either leftovers or a sandwich or wrap with veggies and olive oil and a fruit cup. 1-2 hours later a banana and high protein granola bar, 1-2hrs later almondmilk yogurt, supper usually chicken or ground turkey something with rice or noodles and veggie with olive oil (veggies only canned gr. beans and canned carrots), 1-2 hours later fruit cup, 18 pretzels, and ensure. Sometimes I’ll add a little something here and there. And if I count the calories, by midday I still need 500-900 more and there’s only so many hours left before I go to bed and it’s really hard to reach that number.

Leslie M January 5, 2018 at 9:18 AM

My gosh Tasha that is a lot of food and a lot of work! My son had a health scare and unable to gain weight…he did Boost Plus (not sure if that is different from Ensure). It took him a year and a half to gain weight back. He still does one Boost a day as I am afraid if he didn’t he wouldnt be able to maintain weight.

Tasha J January 5, 2018 at 10:36 AM

I think Boost and Ensure are about the same thing. I feel for your son!!! I’ve been small my whole life, so I did need that extra weight those other times. But, this time I was finally at a healthy weight (I think from lattes, pastries, and my metabolism finally slowing down some). I just was staying the same, not gaining. I’ve put on a few lbs since my last appt. so hopefully it stays. But, it’s super stressful most days and was depressing the first couple weeks Bc I wasn’t seeing results no matter what I did and it’s not comfortable consuming that much. I’m not looking forward to adding another 300 last trimester either.

Tessa January 5, 2018 at 1:10 PM

Ugh, no croissant and no milk. The milk part is the hardest because it’s filled with healthy fat. That’s a lot of fruits and veggies though. Did the dietician specify olive oil? It’s got the lowest amount of fat (thus why I use it). And no red meat, which has a higher fat content? Eeep. That’s so much food to eat. My tummy hurt just reading it. *hugs*

Tasha J January 5, 2018 at 2:21 PM

It’s a small dole fruit cup, I drain the juice. 2 of those equal 1 serving of fruit. And they’re only like 70/80 calories each. I need at least 2, a banana equals 1 serving too. The veggies I think was supposed to be 2-3 servings. Not many calories in those alone. She did say oils and butter or cheese, something I could melt on my food to give extra calories without the bulk, Bc I get full so fast, would be best. 1T. of olive oil is 120 calories. Same with coconut oil. I’m not doing a lot of cheese. Maybe once a week, if that. The no red meat is my own rule, though it’s not terribly strict. I eat it as infrequently as I can. Too much of it seems to cause stomach issues. All these tummy troubles started after my 2nd born, about 3 years ago. In the last year, they’d improved so much that I could cheat some of those yummy foods back into my diet and not have many issues. I had severe cramping in first trimester, enough so that I thought could be a miscarriage, that I went back to my old diet to keep on track. And I’m not tweaking anything much at all until after this baby’s born. When I can treat the pain without fear of harming the baby.