HAPPY 4th OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!! 😀 Well, er… I mean… all of my American friends (I had my Happy Canada Day fun with my Canadian friends and family just a few days ago)… 😉 OMG I’m SO HAPPY!! I LOVE it here, too!!! But really. I hope EVERYONE has an awesome day today, no matter where you are. <3
Yep! It’s a fun day indeed, and even funner ’cause I’m gonna read all day (and yes, I will eat barbecue’d stuff and corn and have fruity drinks, too! All with my nose in a book).
YAY ME!!! Best. Day. Ever!
bev: What is everyone planning on reading over the next couple days? If you have a plan? If I don’t squirrel I want to finish up Sofia Khan is Not Obliged, feel like I’m reading again….maybe, and one I randomly pulled from my tbr Imperfect Chemistry.
Maryse: I’ve decided on a “horror” post apocalyptic… The Fireman: A Novel by Joe Hill (Stephen King’s son). So far, so good… it’s not really scary so far… more like an epidemic breakout that destroyed the world…
We have even more choices, ’cause today’s big NEW RELEASE DAY happens to be today. Admittedly, this is not a big list today. (barely 45+ books? *gasp*) But it’s understandable. Despite it being the smallest list I’ve made in ages… I have a feeling it’s ’cause so many of us are celebrating this amazing day.
No worries. Next Tuesday will be delightfully overwhelming ’cause it’s going to be a BIG day (Prime Day!!!!).
Short-ish list aside, today has some serious heavy-hitters!! 😀 Like Everything We Left Behind (it’s a sequel and I read the blurb by accident, but now I want to read the entire trilogy!!!! This is right up our angsty heartache alley!), Just the Thing (her hot new self-defense teacher is an ex-Marine), After All (Karina Halle’s latest about a famous actor trying to clean up his image, and the “normal” girl that is thrust into his spotlight), Steal (Rachel Van Dyken’s latest… they were once in love, and now they hate each other but they have to tour together, and their drama comes out on stage – ruh roh!!!) and of course Madeline Sheehan’s Undeserving that went live on Sunday, but that many are devouring as we speak!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Gravity of Us by Brittainy C. Cherry
- Ashes: The Dark in You, Book 3 by Suzanne Wright
- Wicked Favor: The Wicked Horse Vegas by Sawyer Bennett
- Everything We Left Behind: A Novel by Kerry Lonsdale
- Wired by Julie Garwood
- Severed: The Alien Mate Index, Book 4 by Evangeline Anderson
- Still house Lake by Rachel Caine
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Until It Fades: A Novel by K.A. Tucker <— SHE SAVES A FAMOUS HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT!! K.A. TUCKER’s recent release and we have awesome feedback!!
Northernstar: I just finished “Until it Fades” by K.A. Tucker and i enjoyed it so much and it was such a great read! It had a little bit of everything I love in a story; a strong heroine, a sassy funny as hell kid, a sexy h, great supporting characters, ands the story (she saves his life and he’s famous). The story had me tearing up one minute and laughing the next. I would love to read more from this group of characters in the future. K.A. are you listening?
- Tied (Devils Wolves Book 2) by Carian Cole <— BOOK HANGOVER ALERT!!! HE’S A RECLUSE and now we have feedback, ’cause Jennifer LOVED this recent release!!
Jennifer: I just finished Tied by Carian Cole and I’m currently attempting to piece my shattered heart back together! This book was beyond phenomenal. I’m dying for you to read. I need to know how it affected you. I’ve read all of hers and she’s quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. UGH….so book hungover!
- The Reader (The Immortal Series Book 1) by M.K. Harkins <— SUPERBARGAIN ALERT!! She discovers she’s part of a selective few… “...when gunshots sound, Ann is left with little choice but to allow Devon and Archer to help her escape. Soon she finds herself in their North Bend mountain compound, where the higher evolved humans claim to be mind-readers. While Ann heals, she realizes they believe her to be one of the last and most powerful of all – The Lost One..“
- Ohana Legacy: The Thin Love Series Bundle by Eden Butler <— EDEN BUTLER SUPER-SERIES-BUNDLE-BARGAIN ALERT!!
Antonella: I’m reading Thin Love by Eden Butler… I’m halfway through and I’m hooked. The angst and build up is driving me nuts.
April: Loved Thin Love!!! It’s a re-read for me!!!
- The Fish Tales: Complete 4-Book Set: The Man I Love/Give Me Your Answer True/Here to Stay/The Ones That Got Away by Suanne Laqueur <— ONE OF MY FAVORITE SERIES THAT I BINGE READ ALERT!!!!! It’s been bundled at a great price. Each book gets better and better and I reviewed ALL of ’em, I loved them so much!
- Jewel Novel series by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY SUPER-MEGA BARGAIN price on each of these! “…Steph Anderson is visiting the Caymans for a rock climbing and dive trip—or so she tells Jake. She’s really trying to find out whether or not her stepfather embezzled money from his company. The last thing Steph needs is the distraction of a sexy, charming man whose kisses drive her wild. Soon, the pair discover they’re after the same target—and millions in jewels...”
- Grave Ransom (An Alex Craft Novel Book 5) by Kalayna Price
- Wicked Kiss by Rebecca Zanetti
- Desperate Covenant (Dying Covenant Trilogy Book 2) by Amanda M. Lee
- Harem of Wolves (Stairway to Harem Book 2) by Emma Dawn
- Hell and Back by Patricia Blackmoor
- Across Bifrost (Agents of Norse Book 2) by A.R. Hall
- Virgin on Human (The DMA Files Book 1) by Roxy Mews
- Waking for Winter (Philadelphia Coven Chronicles Book 4) by Katherine McIntyre
- Just the Thing (The Donnigans Book 2) by Marie Harte <— MARIE HART ALERT!! EX-MARINE TEACHES HER SELF-DEFENSE… “...Zoe York lost her twin sister to a freak car accident a few months ago. She’s been struggling to bury her grief, but it isn’t until she signs up for a self-defense class with its distractingly hot instructor that she begins to come out of her shell again...”
- Honor Courage Commitment by Jordan Danzig
- Claiming Alexis (Ace Security Book 2) by Susan Stoker
- Keeping It Hot (The Breakfast in Bed Series) by Sydney Landon <— UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT!! “…When Zoe launches her plan to shed her tomboy image in Dylan’s eyes, she’s thrilled once he starts to notice her in a whole new way. But she’ll have to face the risk that seducing her best friend might come with lasting changes to their longtime friendship…”
- Everything We Left Behind: A Novel by Kerry Lonsdale <— SEQUEL ALERT!!!!! And this blurb sounds right up my alley, and I accidentally read it not realizing it was the third book in the series, but now I wanna read it!! Here’s a snippet of the blurb, but you might want to skip reading it and just start from the beginning: “Six and a half years later, he emerges from a dissociative fugue state to find he’s been living in Oaxaca as artist Carlos Dominguez, widower and father of two sons, with his sister-in-law Natalya Hayes, a retired professional surfer, helping to keep his life afloat. But his fiancée, Aimee Tierney, the love of his life, has moved on. She’s married and has a child of her own...”
- Vixen Investigations: The Mayoral Affairs by Ashley Papa
- Paradise Passion by Marisa Chenery
- His Turn (The Turning Series Book 3) by J.A. Huss <— J.A. HUSS ALERT!!!
- A Matter of Trust (Montana Rescue Book #3) by Susan May Warren
- Fuel for Fire (Black Knights Inc. Book 10) by Julie Ann Walker <— “A brooding covert operative and a spunky CIA agent discover a burning passion in the next installment of Julie Ann Walker’s red-hot BKI series…”
- Band of Bachelors: Jake2: Book 4 (SEAL Brotherhood) by Sharon Hamilton
- Just Look Up by Courtney Walsh
- A Little Wicked (The Bewitching Hour Book 4) by Mallory Crowe
- Claimed by Christmas (Just Say Yes Book 1) by Rexi Lake
- Always by Jenn Faulk
- Dead End Road by Lori Whitwam
- Road Runner’s Ride by MariaLisa deMora
- After All by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE ALERT!! HE’S A FAMOUS MOVIE STAR & SHE’S A NORMAL GIRL THAT’S GOOD FOR HIS IMAGE... “…When Emmett and Alyssa’s paths cross at a mutual friend’s wedding, their chemistry is off-the-charts hot, culminating in a steamy one-night stand. What neither expected was for the media catch wind of their coupling – and run with it. Now Emmett has to convince Alyssa to date him for the sake of his image. Her curvy, cute and “normal” persona is just the ticket to smoothing out his reputation…”
- Sidelined: The Draft by Bianca Williams
- A New Leash on Love (Rescue Me Book 1) by Debbie Burns
- Phantom Heartstrings: Heartstrings #3 (Heartstrings Series) by Felicia Lynn
- Montreal Mischief (Foreign Affairs Book 1) by Laure L’Amour
- Second Snowfall (Elton Hall Chronicles Book 2) by Sarah Fischer <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! “Last semester, Annabelle fell in love. There are just two problems. Jason is her best friend…and he’s already taken. Refusing to break up a relationship, Annabelle resigns to love him from afar—until a certain hot firefighter walks into her life…“
- The Hook Up (First Impressions) by Tawna Fenske <— MILITARY HERO & THE SINGLE MOM ALERT!! “...Love, marriage, and family aren’t in the cards for Tyler Hendrix. Period. The Navy helped Ty put his tumultuous childhood behind him, but when a sexy single mom walks through the First Impressions door looking to take her business to the next level, he feels his carefully constructed “never-get-attached” walls crack…“
- Undeserving (Undeniable Book 5) by Madeline Sheehan <— MADELINE SHEEHAN’S LATEST BIKER BOOK ALERT!!
- Never Forget You by Farzanna Pasha
- Scars of Yesterday by Angelica Kate
- Steal (Seaside Pictures) by Rachel Van Dyken <— RACHEL VAN DYKEN ALERT!! THEY HATE EACH OTHER!! “…She hates me. I loathe her. The plan was simple — stay the hell away and make sure she gets to set on time. What I didn’t expect was to be faced with our past in front of an audience — and be forced to face it again…”
- Force of Nature (Coming About Book 4) by J.K. Hogan <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “...When Rock is hired by clumsy city-boy Neal to take him up into the North Cascades for a survival adventure, his patience and his resolve are tested at every turn. He has to teach Neal to survive in the wilderness while fighting an attraction he can’t allow himself to act on. When their trip doesn’t go as planned, Neal’s getaway turns into a true survival situation, and he and Rock are forced to rely on each other to stay alive…“
- Facing Fears (Kiss of Leather Book 7) by Morticia Knight <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Misdemeanor (Responsible Adult Book 1) by C F White <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- A Little Harmless Addiction by Melissa Schroeder
- Last Chance Cowboys: The Outlaw (Where the Trail Ends Book 3) by Anna Schmidt
- An Idiot in Marriage: A Novel by David Jester
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Shameless (White Lies Duet Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones – July 11th 2017
- Ashes (The Dark in You) by Suzanne Wright – July 11th 2017
- Hunger: The Energy Vampires Book Two by Jacquelyn Frank – July 11th 2017
- Jilted: A Love Hurts Novel by Sawyer Bennett – July 11th 2017
- Two is a Lie (Tangled Lies Book 2) by Pam Godwin – July 11th 2017
- For the Birds: Rose Gardner Investigations #2 (Rose Gardner Investigatons) by Denise Grover Swank – July 11th 2017
- Wicked Grind by J. Kenner- July 11th 2017
- The Red: An Erotic Fantasy by Tiffany Reisz – July 11th 2017
- When I Need You (The Need You Series) by Melissa Foster – July 12th 2017
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You: New York Sullivans Spinoff (Summer Lake, Book 2) by Bella Andre – July 12th 2017
- Eyes On You: A Blasphemy Novella by Laura Kaye
- Cocky Client: A Novella by Whitney G <— July 13th 2017
- Trust by Kylie Scott <— KYLIE SCOTT ALERT!!! HE SAVED HER & HE’S TRYING TO BETTER HIMSELF… Oh this one sounds poignant and intense!!!! “After being held hostage during a robbery at the local convenience store, seventeen-year-old Edie finds her attitude about life shattered. Unwilling to put up with the snobbery and bullying at her private school, she enrolls at the local public high school, crossing paths with John. The boy who risked his life to save hers...”
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Happy 4th, everyone!
Maryse–I just noticed that Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5) by Kalayna Price was released today. It was originally marked for 7/31, but it got moved up somewhere along the way.
Oh YAY!!! Thank you Nay. I’ll add it right now!! 😀
Happy 4th! Thanks for the list Maryse! <3
Yay! Happy 4th of July everyone! Now can I throw confetti and glitter?? *Glitter and confetti cannon*
I’m reading an ARC today, fireworks tonight. My kitchen floor is *still* in progress… gah, I just want to run away LOL! I handwrote a list of all the books I have on my kindle with a number in the title… I have 64 books… sixty four of them… 😆 I haven’t chosen one yet, because this little ARC landed in my lap, and well… new and shiny!
Stay safe and have fun, everyone!
Happy 4th! Fireworks and virtual romance book fireworks for all!!!
Happy 4th everyone!!! Cookout and adult beverages coming up after I sneak in a little reading time!
Hey Maryse I noticed Everything We Left Behind is a sequel.
Oh wow that’s true, Cheryl!! It sounds darn good and makes me want to read it from the beginning now. I’m backtracking on it… I remember seeing that first cover and posting about it when it was released!!!
Happy 4th everyone.
Happy 4th everyone celebrating.
I got an ARC today of one up there, Force of Nature. It sounds really good. I’m excited to start it.
Happy Fourth everyone! I’m reading Deadmen Walking because it’s due by Sat. I’m just hoping there is no repeat words like there have been in the last two books by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
I read Forbidden.
LOL!! I love Linda’s matter of fact telling us she read Forbidden.
“I read Forbidden.”
The period at the end says it all.
Finished All The Lies We Tell by Megan Hart. Excellent beach reading – even though it wasn’t a beach book. There was a nice amount of angst (probably a 3 out of 5) and it was a really good story. This is a series, but book 1 didn’t leave you hanging for Allie and Niko. I am looking forward to book 2. Contrary to the Amazon reviews, it wasn’t overly laden with sex either – in fact, it was a slow burn.
I just entered into uber angst territory and a, reading Forbidden. This one is going to hurt – I just know it. I am thankful I have an ocean to dip into for comfort and sunglasses to hide the tears!
Ooooh – I would give All The Lies We Tell e stars!
4 Stars! Too much 4th of July Celebrating!
The next in the Wintersong series.
I thought we’d get one but not this soon.
A little late but…
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY MY LOVELY FRIENDS!!!!
*lights sparklers for everyone and hands out firecracker jello shots*
Linda…did you JUST read Forbidden? ‘Cause that would explain the somber tone of your comment. 😉
Everything We Keep was really, really good and my heart absolutely ACHED at the end…and then the last chapter happened (or epilogue, can’t remember what it was) and my jaw hit the floor. Not sure though if I’ll be reading the sequel.
Alrighty!! It’s almost 8:00 here and time to amp up the alcohol from a steady stream to raging river! Or…something. That sounded better in my tipsy head but whatever. 😛
Well, Bev, it does say next year, but still. At least we have a synopsis and a place to buy it.
Yes, that probably did. Sadly, it made me think you had to go to the bathroom. 😛 Wouldn’t the sequel make it all better? Like, we destroyed your heart, let’s now fix it with a pretty bandaid with sparkles all over it. A lot of them do that.
Ok, just read that comment too fast. All I took in was someone had to pee and a Band-Aid and sparklers would make it better. So I had to be all stop slow down reread.
Yes Amy my read for 4th. Cannot get it out of my head!!!!
Linda – should I put forbidden down and not read it on vacation? I am always open to a silly read!
I can highly recommend Everything We Keep and Everything We Left Behind by Kerry Lonsdale, my angst/marmy loving friends. Both were fantastic reads – very Melissa Delport feelz to it – and the fact that Everything We Keep was a debut novel is mind-blowing!
I am reading Dear Aaron, I’ve had it for ages. I CANNOT put it down. It is sooo good. Best book this year. Our plane got delayed from Niagara Falls and I couldn’t care less as I was reading.
I will try that book next Lisa.
Amy – you NEED to read the sequel to Everything We Keep. It was better than the first – and my heart just crumbled at Carlos’ story…but it was perfection!
Lisa, I just posted the reading order guide. I’ve had a few highly adamant recommendations on the Everything We Keep series, and that blurb sounds exactly like what I love, so I dedicated a post to it. 😀
Sharon I personally wouldn’t want to read Forbidden on vaca. The writing is wonderful but……
Linda, it’s too late. This story kept me so engaged on the beach today. I know it’s a sensitive subject, but it is so well written. Lochan is such a sad person. He tugs at my heart strings.
Sharon… the whole beach-read things sounds SO fun and relaxing except for beach = FULLsun and that sound like torture. I’d read it from my beach-side, air conditioned hotel room. Tee hee!
I wonder if I can go on a little book ban. Like no new books for 10 days. Maybe I can read a book a day too. No new books and 10 books read. Hmmm. Self challenge.
What a challenge it is, bev. I can’t talk, ’cause I actually backtracked DEEP into my TBR catalogue and am reading one from there. 🙂
OMG!!! I just finished reading a book by a new author and it was a 4.5- 5 star read for me. I could not put it down. It’s been a really long time since a book captivated me like this one. It’s called The idea of you by Robinne Lee.. Forbidden romance. Older woman, younger man/boy. This is the author’s debut novel and she hit it out of the ball park. You have to read it. You will not be disappointed. I want a second book. Not sure I am happy with the way it ended because I want more!!!
Ooooh Susan. You’ve titillated me!!!! Looking it up right now! 😉
bev, as if you’d last 10 days….. OK, as if any of us would LOL.
To mangle a quote from a much-loved Australian film (The Castle), “Tell her she’s dreaming!”
Susan I just noticed you have got a really cute avatar. 😀
I 2 starred a Kenyon book. She better give me the one character’s story. I liked her better than the real h. 🙁
Maryse, Not only that but the author is also an actress and starred in the second Christian Grey movie as well as the not yet released 3rd one.
Gauntlet thrown, Jan.
10 day book buy ban. 10 books in 10 days? Ok, that might be reaching so I’ll say 5-10. 😉
Do you remember when an author released a book a year? And if library didn’t get the book I had to wait another year for pb unless I found it at a second hand store. And now it is so hard to wait.
The modern-day expression is:
I DO remember bev. That was J.R. Ward, Karen Marie Moning & Sherrilyn Kenyon, for me…
and EACH book was beyond awesome.
Or do you have a secret, Maryse?
If a different book and secret you have to give us clues.
The Fireman. It’s really good (at least so far). His “voice” is… real, and a touch quirky. At least… as the “heroine”. She’s a modern-day Mary Poppins good girl (and truly good-hearted), but she’s feeling a certain fury, with good reason.
I hope she becomes a vigilante super-hero of sorts. LOL!
Challenge Accepted, Jan.
LOL bev. You go girl.
*chuckles cynically to self, rubbing hands with glee*
Don’t know whether this link will work. *shrugs*
Barney I know but that one is new to me.
It’s a very Australian film. Maybe you need to be Australian to appreciate the weird humour? But anyone can appreciate those mullet haircuts, and those scary 1990s fashions LOL.
Does anyone ever read a certain twist/plot device, etc. that you think “ummm, ok….this is kind if stupid but I am just going to go with it” and then you come across it in another book and it makes you ragey??
Romance books rock!! Check this out:
bev, I’m in the middle of that right now. I’m actually doing that for the month of July. *sigh* June was crazy for me. So, I’m only reading books that I already have or ARC’s.
Speaking of ARC’s…
FLT! I can participate this week… and oomph! This one is gonna hit some triggers for people, but I’m FLOVING it so far! And I think several of you will be right there with me on it!
My heart is not an organ. ~ The Unrequited by Saffron A. Kent
First Line(s) Thursday:
FEW WORDS WERE SPOKEN. Yet I knew. I can’t really explain it…physical attraction is a powerful thing, an all-consuming thing.
The Ground Rules by Roya Carmen
Excited to be finally reading this. It’s part of my book buddy challenge as one of Nay’s faves!!
Grey–I’m SOO jealous!!! I NEED that book NOW!!!
Leslie–That book has the type of angst I lurve!!! I hope you enjoy it!
I stormed out of the elevator and into the fourth-floor hallway of Queens City Hospital in New York City, NY.
Undeserving by Madeline Sheehan (BRing with Ela, and I am FLOVing it!!)
What drives me nuts are the deaths. It seems like 1 out of 3 blurbs or reviews I read make me think one of the characters dies and usually not a side character. It is either the hero or heroine or the temporary hero or heroine whose death is to teach them…..what exactly?
And you know I rarely trust these authors to deal with it well. I feel like really it is used because it is the “next thing”. Move over step brother death is in the house.
It is sort of irritating me.
FLT – “It was his last day.” – Undeserving, Undeniable Book 5.
Last Line Thursday – “Goodbye, baby girl…”
Yup. I read this sucker in one day! I forgot how much I LERV Madeline Sheehan and her gritty writing. It was nice to get back to their world, getting to see Eva and Deuce and the “gang” again. This is Preacher’s story, and it’s a good one!
Bev – I hate the death books and YES these blurbs all make it out like someone is going to die. I read Romance for the HEA. I need that. If it’s gritty and crazy along the way, fine. But no death!
Since Nay posted the first line from the prologue, I opted for the first line of chapter one…. yes, we did read the same book! LOL
Somehow I missed the June release of “Love and Sacrifice” Book Two of the Prophecy Series by Tove Foss Ford. It’s the follow-up to The Weaving Man, still on my list of top five reads for 2017. A nice, long epic book with a Victorian England Era feel in some other world with one of the best male characters I have ever read… Menders. And it’s KU! SCORE! This author is an amazing writer. No wasted words, even though the books are long, and the character development… top notch! I don’t even know what genre this really is – it’s just kind of everything.
Bev, you make my day! 🙂
Death books are awful. Pleh!!!
If a MC…then I definitely do not want it marketed to me as a romance book. I’d be Hulk mad, lol.
I’m not knocking all books that have it, it just seems like a trend right now, you know?
*blinks* That’s awesome Michelle! I had no idea it was out. I’m not in the mood to read much more than light fluff. Right now, I’m reading Training their Mate. No brain involved and totally hot. lol Deadmen Walking was so bad that nothing else is really working for me.
Yep Sharon, Forbidden is written in such a way that you forget their relationship is “forbidden”…or you end up just not caring that it is. I read one other similar to it (trying to recreate the feels and all) but it just didn’t work for me. I felt icky. 😕
JAN!! Tell me you’ve seen Muriel’s Wedding??? LOVE that movie with all it’s 80’s/90’s clothes and Toni Collette as the awkward and desperate Muriel.
OMG Grey…I’ve had my eye on that one for a while and can’t WAIT for it to come out next week! *happy dances*
Yeah…I’m staying out of the discussion on death books. 😉
MichelleS, could I read Undeserving without reading Unbeloved? I’m assuming so but still wanted to check.
“For as far back as I can remember, I have loved Luke Lane.” ~ 27 Truths by MJ Fields…my number book for bev’s challenge!
It is the trend of 2017.
Now that it is halfway through what trends do you all notice from this year?
I love our conversations. We went from a debate on Ireland vs Vegas to spiders in Australia to what seems to be Ireland vs Australia to spiders in general. Lol.
Ok along with the top question:
IRELAND! lol Part of my ancestry is from there.
Amy – “could I read Undeserving without reading Unbeloved? I’m assuming so but still wanted to check.” – yes! you can read Undeserving without reading book four. It is told mostly in the past, before ALL of that, so it can be read out of order.
Ireland AND Australia. – Wait, is this to visit, or live? I will Visit Ireland and live in Australia, because I hate cole weather. I will just pay for an exterminator to come once a week! Ha. Does that even help over there?
I’d love to live in snow, even if it’s just one year. I’ve never done it, having lived in CA all my life (away from the mountains). I love winter, so I don’t know. I’d like to try it.
I love the cold.
Just to visit. This is hard as they are both on the dream list.
But Ireland has been on it longer. One of the first places I ever daydreamed of going.
I have a personal request from one of our readers for a recommendation from you!! She says:
“I’ve been following your blog for quite a few many years. I particularly have enjoyed Bev’s favorite books – I think her tastes are quite similar to mine. I was wondering if there are any new book recommendations from her as I am in kind of a book funk right now. Thanks for all your help!
*grins so hard!!!* 😀
Amy… you’re going to LOVE it!!! I 5 starred it. First 5 star I’ve had in months. *tosses glitter and confetti around*
I’m smiling in evil glee and hiding under my covers in nerves all at the same time.
That is very sweet, Parul. Also, you then need to toss in some recs.
Maryse I hope you have the right person and she is not expecting some Marmy reads.
Heck no!! She specifically singled YOU out as her kind of reader. List ’em bev!!! 😀
AwwwwwwwWWWWWWW!!! I’m all giddy for bev right now!!! *giggles like a little girl*
Let’s buddy read it Amy!!! 😀 I’m excited too!!!
I’m all excited for it, Grey. 😀
See? I probably wouldn’t have gotten to it any time soon if not for the challenge read for this month which is yet another reason why I love it here…y’all are helping me actually read books I’ve clicked in the past!
This is a bit hard as I’m not sure what books Parul specifically liked so I’m just throwing a mix out there.
I’ve been on a YA kick, just got into audible in the form of nonfiction and a few of my best reads have been M/M this year so newer recs are going to reflect that.
A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Makenzie Lee is a fun historical romp.
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandyha Menon is a feel good sweet YA contemporary romance.
Yes, Please by Amy Poehler was an audible listen. It was funny and honest.
Speaking of audible Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz is beautifully written. On top of that it is brilliantly narrated by Lin Manuel Miranda.
Bitter Legacy by Dal MacLean is a mystery/police procedure with a romance. I really liked the MC.
White Hot by Ilona Andrews. It is the second in their Hidden Legacy series. The third and final book should come out this month. The first book, to me, was even a little bit better.
Pretty Face by Lucy Parker was a good solid contemporary with likable characters. I liked Act Like It better but this was a fun read.
Wintering by S. Jae Jones. I can’t call this a romance though a sequel is coming……so maybe at some point? But it is a wonderfully written atmospheric and slightly dark fantasy.
Okay I’m messaging her, bev!! 😀
Grr. WINTERSONG. WINTERSONG.
Phone doesn’t know names or titles yet.
Hmm. Probably should of checked spelling on some of those author names. Sorry.
Wintersong makes me think Labyrinth. Labyrinth makes me think buddy watch. Come on. Ladies we should totally do a movie night together. It could be fun. We can live post instead of tweet. Lots of licorice and popcorn. Oooh. Lets.
Yes Amy, I’ve seen it. Muriel’s Wedding is a funny film. And was that the one with a hilarious scene of making out in a vinyl bean bag chair that kept on squeaking/ rustling?
Wow. Those 80s fashions just keep on giving, don’t they?
Massive shoulder pads? Check.
Garish primary colours? Check.
Strange mullet style haircuts for men AND women? Check.
Leg warmers? Check.
LOL. I could go on, but I think I’ll stop before I start feeling nauseous.
Wait Grey…I thought you were talking about 27 Truths then I realized you meant The Unrequited. I am freaking OVER THE MOON excited for THAT one!!! 😀
Yes, yes, YESSSSSSS MARYSE!!! We need to buddy read The Unrequited FOR SURE!!
Wow, that’s a lot of caps and exclamation points for one post… 😛
The last thing I expected on that miserable August evening was a one-night stand.
from The One In My Heart by Sherry Thomas. A CR by a writer better known for her HRs. So far, so good. (I’m at 39%).
I watched Muriel ‘s wedding in middle school and hated the ending. Lol. Now I’d probably cheer it.
Yes, Jan…it DID have that scene! It was hilarious the way she kept shrieking and laughing when the chain reaction of stuff kept happening (the bean bag unzipping, the window breaking, the naked guys running in the room) all while that poor little dork was just trying to get lucky, LOL!
You probably would love the ending now, bev. 😉 It’s bittersweet but perfect for her.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/whats-your-book-nerd-score/ I got 34.
*grins* I’m excited for you Bev. I’m also curious what your recs would be.
And, due to the computer, I only now post. *sighs* I do like the list Bev. (Especially Wintersong and White Hot)
(Prologue); “Emmett Hill had just turned ten years old a week before everything changed.” After All by Karina Halle.
So far I’m mixed about this book. I’m enjoying the premise, but the writing style is not up to par with how this author usually writes.
I lost count, Tessa. Around 30.
It was nerve wracking actually. I know I can be a pushy book pusher but only over a small quantity of books. I don’t trust my judgement. Plus, not sure of her likes. But it was sweet and fun.
I sometimes feel like the outlier around here, lol. In books, just books.
Cheryl I read that as Emmett Till. I thought you were reading a biography and a very sad one at that. So heartbreaking.
*totally NOT hugging* We all are. Besides, a lot of your outlier books have been hits. You just find little unknown goodies and rec them. That’s all.
Our Dragon doesn’t eat the girls he takes, no matter what stories they tell outside our valley.
Uprooted by Naomi Novik
Yes, the first line is also the first line of the blurb. lol
Bev, had to look him up. So very heartbreaking.
Oh I have that one Tessa. I remember MichelleS loved it.
Oh Emmett Till. Yeah. I watched a heartbreaking doco about him and it really stuck in my mind, even years later.
Tessa I got 34 as well. *grins*
Big responsibility bev. Maryse is trusting you. (No pressure!) *winks* But seriously, your recs look good – varied and interesting choice. Nice work.
I got 33 on book nerd quiz. I guess we are all around the same degree of nerdiness? Hee hee
I get so nervous making book recs, so I know what you mean Bev. (I think its so cool you have a book twin out there though). Maryse is brave to put all her opinions “out there” …I get sad when people don’t love my faves.
So, I am reading The Ground Rules. THIS BOOK IS TOTALLY CRAZY!!!!! I need to talk about it. I wish I BR’d.
Huh? I loved that one? Nope. Not me. Never read it. That must have been the “other” Michelle. There used to be so many Michelles. Miss those guys.
Must not if been love but you 3* It on GR.
That is you……right?
Anna 5* it though so she loved it.
Just saw that trailer 4 Hollywood dirt that I still have to read. On one hand I love romantic movies specially romantic comedies so I like the idea of this new service. However I’m a bit nervous. As much as I love our romance books I’m not sure that what’s on page always translates well to screen course that can be true of any book or genre. Also the actor seems a little stiff. Though the trailer reminded me a bit of Hallmark movies and I will totally admit to loving some of those.
Bev, I can’t have the Hallmark channel on. Totally sucks me in and I can’t stop watching it, even though it is totally cheesy. 🙂
Cheese can be good.
I LOVED the book of Hollywood Dirt. I looked at the trailer and I’m not sure. Of course the actors are never exactly what you pictured in your imagination. But It does look true to the book. I guess I’d watch it, but I’m always a bit nervous that the film of a loved book might spoil the book.
bev, you should try the book. Hot Hollywood actor falls for Southern gal. But it’s done WELL!
*narrows eyes* I don’t want the Hallmark Channel to ever do another romance novel. They did my favorite Julie Garwood, For the Roses, and it was HORRIBLY DONE. 🙁
Jan, everyone loved it, it seems. Been in my tbr for awhile. Actually I think I have it as someone’s 5 star for that challenge.
Right, Tessa? Same with a Lisa Kleypas CR.
I guess this passionflix (sp?) Is going to be like a Netflix just for romance.
🙁 What a shame Tessa and bev about your much-loved books being poorly filmed. That’s my fear, too.
Passionflix is romance books to film. Sylvia Day and Rachel Van Dyken are about to begin filming. I love it!
Maybe next summer it will be yours, R.
I’m sure of it bev! Ireland or Vegas? Forget it, we’re all going to Hollywood!
Hey, R? We should sometime play 20 questions (But never really 20) with your H & h.
It could be fun. All the regular questions.
Lol! I can’t even imagine!
*rubs hands together*
But… I don’t like LA. It smells. I guess you can do the walk of fame stuff.
I did that with my nieces one year. We all had a lot of fun. Then we went to Santa Monica for the boardwalk. That boardwalk is so cheesy. 😀 The only thing I like in Hollywood is Universal. It doesn’t smell. Mind you, at the time, it was an hour+ drive due to traffic. But seriously, a lot of LA does smell like sewer.
Speaking of Hollywood, this is cool!
Has anyone else joined the passion flix founding member thingy? I just did. I don’t know if I just threw away $100.00 or not. Surely the regular subscription will be cheaper at some point when this thing launches this fall. I’m looking forward the all the movies.
Susan, I’m a founding member too. Signed up at RT. So far we’ve received an offer for a walk on roll for an upcoming movie. I think it was Sylvia Day’s. Not much else happening right now.
That is awesome, Tessa.
The star not the sewer.
R, are you going to do it?
Oh lord no! I prefer being behind the camera! Plus I think it’s in LA.
R, if still here….did you see Maryse new post?
No bev I hadn’t! Thanks for mentioning it here and thanks for posting Maryse! Taking my phone to the pool to read it now <3