FIRST: Today is a HUGE book release day (TONS from our favorite authors like Katy Evans, Kristen Proby, K.A. Tucker, Elizabeth Hunter, K.A. Linde, Taylor Jenkins Reid, and sooooo many more). Let me know in the comments if you have any recommendations OR which ones look good to you! 😀
<— SECOND: It’s finally LIVE!!! This is one of my new/all-time favorite authors in the world! Each one of her books has captivated me, and blown me away. GAH!! Love her! And I reviewed this one weeks ago, but Maybe in Another Life: A Novel has finally been released for all of us to enjoy, so (here’s my 5-star review!!!) if you wanna know more. 😀
And THIRD: Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s “Six of yesterday’s earlybird book releases“. They sound AWESOME!!! A famous actor in rehab, a porn star that tells his new gf that he’s a “personal assistant” (LOL!!!) and one where she sees the love of her life again, that she hasn’t seen in years, and he doesn’t remember her… just to name a few. 😉
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AUDIOBOOK RELEASES PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal ————->
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Manwhore +1: The Manwhore, Book 2 by Katy Evans
- Earth Bound: Sea Haven, Book 4 by Christine Feehan
- All I Ever Need Is You: The Sullivans, Book 14 by Bella Andre
- Chasing River by K.A. Tucker
- Carter Reed 2: Carter Reed Series, Book 2 by Tijan
- Ambushing Ariel: The Dragon Lords of Valdier, Book 4 by S. E. Smith
- Throb by Vi Keeland
- Ruin & Rule: Pure Corruption, Book 1 by Pepper Winters
- Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras
- Bengal’s Quest by Lora Leigh
- Out Of This World by Cat Marsters
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— Back on the list ’cause my BFF Sherry just read it and loved it! “So I just fell in love with a new book..it’s called Never Let You Go by Katy Regnary. It’s sooooooo good and a different story than what we’re used too…”
- Diamonds (All That Glitters Book 1) by K.A. Linde <— GOLD DIGGER ALERT! On super-sale today ’cause book #2 was JUST RELEASED (below). Tessa loved this one! “It’s rare to really like a character who is normally the villain, or the catty cheerleader in a typical story.“
- PUCKED (The PUCKED Series Book 1) by Helena Hunting <— The author just posted an update on Facebook about the sequel to this one, saying: “Working on Pucked Up this morning. You’ll get to know Randy a little better in this story . . .”
- Dance for Me (Forbidden Trilogy Book 1) by J.C. Valentine <— SOUNDS TUMULTUOUS and #2 was just released (below!) He’s controlling and they have a strictly sex relationship until… “The more I learn about him, the less I seem to understand. What I do know is that I’m falling, and I have the feeling when I land, it’s going to hurt.”
- More Than This by Jess Dee <— ANGSTY ROMANCE series bundled at a bargain price!!
- Worth the Risk (The McKinney Brothers, Book 2) by Claudia Connor <— I LOVED book #1 and still have to read this one, and guess what!?? It’s super-bargain priced today. 😀 Lisa loved this one even more! “Worth The Risk was even better than the first. Love her characters and still a bit of angst without the *aahhhg* pull you hair out frustration experienced in some books.“
- My Secret Master (A Dark Billionaire Romance) by Nora Flite <— Nancy found us this recent release at a rock-bottom bargain price!
- Only Pretend by Nora Flite <—- and she found us this super bargain by the same author too, saying: “I liked it”
- Outlaw’s Bride: Grizzlies MC Romance (Outlaw Love) by Nicole Snow <— SHE HAD THE BIKER’S BABY ALERT! RECENT RELEASE is super bargain priced!! “I HAD AN OUTLAW’S BABY AND KEPT IT A SECRET…“
- Fighting to breathe by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— RELEASED YESTERDAY & climbing the charts!!!!
- Flawed Love: House Of Obsidian by Bella Jewel <— RELEASED YESTERDAY & climbing the charts!!!!
- Flawed Heart: House Of Obsidian by Bella Jewel <— RELEASED YESTERDAY & climbing the charts!!!! LOVE OF HER LIFE CAN’T REMEMBER HER!!!
- The Scarlet Deep: An Elemental World Novel by Elizabeth Hunter
- When A Beta Roars (A Lion’s Pride Book 2) by Eve Langlais
- WITCHLOCK: Belador Book 6 (Beladors) by Dianna Love
- Act of Submission: An Immortal Ops World Novel (PSI-Ops / Immortal Ops Book 3) by Mandy M. Roth
- Final Protocol by J. C. Daniels
- Spellbound (Warlocks MacGregor Book 2) by Michelle M. Pillow
- SEAL Wolf Hunting (Heart of the Wolf) by Terry Spear
- A Scrying Shame by Donna White Glaser
- Earth Bound (A Sea Haven Novel) by Christine Feehan
- Flight from Death (Fly by Night Book 1) by Yasmine Galenorn
- How to be a Mermaid: A Falling in Deep Collection Novella by Erin Hayes
- Entangled (Serendipity Adventure Romance Book 2) by Anna Lowe
- London for the Holidays (Duvall Inc. Book 3) by Stella and Audra Price
- Strength To Let Go (Tales of the Werewolf Tribes Book 1) by Alina Popescu
- Queen of Fire (Raven’s Shadow Novel, A) by Anthony Ryan
- Deception (Demon Hunters) by A.S. Fenichel
- Forbidden Passions, Vol. 2 by Loribelle Hunt and Crystal Jordan
- Vintage Pride (Lionhearts) by Elizabeth Coldwell
- Licked by the Flame (The Forbidden Realm) by Serena Gilley
- Maybe in Another Life: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— I FIVE-STARRED THIS ONE ALERT!! So unique (my 5-star review will give you an idea). And Nikki agrees! “You guys! Maybe in Another Life was SOOOOOO good!! Ack!!!”
- I Want You to Want Me (Rock Star Romance, A Book 2) by Erika Kelly <— ROCK STAR BOOK ALERT!! My fellow readers just LOVED book #1: You Really Got Me (Rock Star Romance, A Book 1) <— I remember!!! Darn now I have to add that one to my main TBR list, ’cause I wanted to read it so bad, and totally forgot!!! Kandace brought it to my attention saying: “I Want you to Want Me by Erika Kelly went live today. A bunch of us loved the 1st book in this rocker series.” and Britton agrees! “Yes we did Kandace”
- Manwhore +1 (The Manwhore Series) by Katy Evans
- Taming Lily: A Novel (The Fowler Sisters) by Monica Murphy <— THIS COMPLETES THE TRILOGY ALERT!!
- Capturing the Muse by Madison Avery
- His Millionaire Maid (Entangled Lovestruck) by Coleen Kwan
- A Change of Plans (Entangled Lovestruck) (What happens in Vegas) by Robyn Thomas <— VEGAS MARRIAGE TO A STRANGER/SHORT but it sounds SO FUN ALERT!!!!!!! “When she’s dumped by her fiancé, she heads to Vegas to forget and ends up at a hotel hosting a Romance Readers conference. Cuz she’s lucky like that. Mr. Tall, Dark, And Anti-Marriage buys Sara a drink, and makes her a bet…she could marry any guy in Vegas tonight and make it work. She wasn’t supposed to choose him.”
- Fighting Shadows (On The Ropes Book 2) by Aly Martinez <— FIGHTER ALERT!! A fighter that saved someone and ended up in a wheelchair, paralyzed. And then he met someone: “I was a jaded asshole who fell for a girl with a knack for running away. I couldn’t even walk but I would have spent a lifetime chasing her…” and Toski loved it! “Fighting shadows by Aly Martinez was ahhhhhhhmazing”
- Ruin & Rule (Pure Corruption Series) by Pepper Winters <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! “He is the president of Pure Corruption MC. A heartless biker and retribution-deliverer. He accepts no rules, obeys no one, and lives only to reap revenge on those who wronged him. And now he has stolen her, body and soul…“
- Addison (The Mitchell-Healy Series Book 6) by Jenn Foor
- Toxic by Kim Karr <— HE’S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS ALERT! “Jeremy McQueen was the guy from the wrong side of the tracks who her parents would never have approved of. Their years apart have only made the sexy bad boy more irresistible than ever–and their reunion is explosive.“
- The Collar: The Submissive Series by Tara Sue Me <— D/s COUPLE IS FIZZLING ALERT! “…as the years have passed, their blazing connection has proven difficult to maintain. Dena and Jeff have a history they’d rather forget, but Dena can’t let go of the past, and Jeff is ready to move across the country to give her space.“
- Sweet the Sin by Claire Kent <— SHE’S SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY ALERT!! “Kelly finds herself in the arms of a seductive stranger—the very same man who may have ordered her father’s death. And even as she plays him, using hot sex as a means to revenge, Kelly is tormented by one question: Is she committing the ultimate betrayal?“
- Truly Madly Montana (Medicine River Romance, A) by Fiona Lowe <— JUST A FRIEND ALERT! “She’s got a year of medical school under her belt, her diabetes is under control and she’s kicked her crazy crush for Will Bartlett, who only ever treated her as “one of the guys.” But when Will turns out to be Millie’s supervising physician, without warning the summer gets a whole lot hotter than either of them anticipated…“
- Without Regret: Devil’s Playground Las Vegas by Nicole Edwards
- Sworn to Protect (Red Stone Security Series Book 11) by Katie Reus
- Playing with Fire by Lexi Ryan
- Chasing River: A Novel (The Burying Water Series) by K.A. Tucker <— HE SAVES HER AND RUNS AWAY ALERT! “...He couldn’t let her die, but he also can’t be identified at the scene—so, he fled. Back to his everyday life of running his family’s pub. Only, everyday life is getting more and more complicated, thanks to his brother, Aengus, and his criminal associations. When the American girl tracks River down, he quickly realizes how much he likes her, how wrong she is for him. And how dangerous it is to have her around...”
- Hell or High Water (The Deep Six) by Julie Ann Walker
- His Wicked Pleasure (The Wicked Series Book 1) by Christina Gallo <— SEXY NAVY SEAL ALERT!
- Adored (Club Destiny Book 10) by Nicole Edwards <— “Nicole Edwards revisits Tag and McKenna, a power couple who have gone from infatuation to adoration in Adored (Club Destiny #7.5)”
- Forward Pass (Game On) by Desiree Holt
- Chasing Jillian: A Love and Football Novel by Julie Brannagh
- Call on Me (Loving on the Edge series Book 7) by Roni Loren <— ROCK STAR ALERT! “Oakley Easton wants two things: to be a good mom to her daughter and to ditch her less than ideal night job. Hooking up with bad boy drummer Pike Ryland? Not on the agenda. She needs a promotion. Not sex, tattoos and rock ’n’ roll…“
- The Secrets She Keeps: A Novel by Deb Caletti <— SOUNDS AWESOME!! “…profound novel of three women coming to terms with love and marriage—sure to move and delight fans of Kristin Hannah, Liane Moriarty, and Anna Quindlen.”
- The Someday Jar by Allison Morgan
- Easy Charm (The Boudreaux Series Book 2) by Kristen Proby <— FAMOUS BASEBALL PLAYER & SINGLE MOM ALERT! He shows up at her bed and breakfast to recoup…”When Rhys’ shoulder has healed and he’s given the chance to return to his team, will he leave the family he’s come to love behind, or will he stay with Gabby and Sam?“
- Protecting Jessyka (SEAL of Protection Book 6) by Susan Stoker
- Twice in a Lifetime by Dorothy Garlock
- Chasing Each Other by J.D. Rivera <— HE SHATTERED HER HEART ALERT!! “I never dreamed the homicide detective with the cocky attitude could show me my worth again. He could show me that my life could be amazing every day. Until the day he found out about my past with Preston…“
- SEALs of Summer 2: A Military Romance Superbundle by S.M. Butler, Zoe York, Cora Seton, Delilah Devlin, Lynn Raye Harris, Sharon Hamilton, Kimberley Troutte, Anne Marsh, Jennifer Lowery, Elle Kennedy, Elle James
- Romancing the Alpha: An Action-Adventure Romance Boxed Set: Navy SEALs, Treasure Hunters, and Space Adventurers! by Zoe York, Ruby Lionsdrake, Zara Keane, Anna Hackett, Ember Casey, Anna Lowe, Sadie Haller, Lyn Brittan, Lydia Rowan, A.J. Vale, Leigh James
- 12 Alphas 12 Months: Contemporary Sensual Romance Calendar Men by Angie Daniels, Maureen Smith, Yvette Hines, Erosa Knowles, Michelle Monkou, Aliyah Burke, TJ Michaels, Latrivia Nelson, Stephanie Burke, Serenity King, Seressia Glass, Di Topaz
- Cowboy Rush (Dalton Boys Book 5) by Em Petrova
- Gold (All That Glitters Book 2) by K.A. Linde <— GOLD DIGGER ALERT!! And Tessa is excited!! She says: “Gold… *squeels* I seriously LOVED Diamonds, so Gold is a definite yes for me. I especially want to see her mind tick. Stuff in the first book really make me curious about book two. Diamond was a bit of a heart breaker. I felt so bad for her!“
- Commanded: A Club Sin Novel (Club Sin series Book 6) by Stacey Kennedy
- Proposing to Preston: The Winslow Brothers #2 (The Blueberry Lane Series Book 8) by Katy Regnery
- Parallel Lines: An Experiment in Temptation (Part 1) by Kenny Wright and Ben Boswell
- Parallel Lines: An Experiment in Temptation (Part 2) by Kenny Wright and Ben Boswell
- Lie to You (Forbidden Trilogy Book 2) by J.C. Valentine <— The sequel to part 1 (above in the bargain section). This one sounds good! “I thought he was the one. I thought we were headed someplace great. I didn’t know anything.“
- A Glimpse of the Dream by L.A. Fiore
- Hearts Don’t Lie (MacLarens of Fire Mountain Contemporary Romance Series Book 6) by Shirleen Davies
- 1001 Dark Nights: Bundle Three by Lorelei James, Lara Adrian, Christopher Rice, Julie Kenner
- Texas Straight Up (Contemporary Small Town, Western Romance Box Set) (Volume 2) (Somewhere, TX) by Jodi Vaughn, Krystal Shannan, Lavender Daye, KC Klein, R.L. Syme
- The Strongest Steel by Scarlett Cole <— TATTOO ARTIST ALERT!! “Trent Andrews has his own reasons for specializing in inking over scars. And there’s no way in hell he’s going to turn Harper away. Not when a swirling mix of tenderness and desire slams into him every time her sees her…“
- Danger Mine (Base Branch Series Book 5) by Megan Mitcham
- Every Step She Takes (Who’s Watching Now Book 2) by Jannine Gallant
- Killing Katie (An Affair With Murder) (Volume 1) by B.A. Spangler
- Held Hostage (Sin City Uniforms) by Morticia Knight <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Ghost in the Flames (Fire and Rain) by Daisy Harris <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Luckiest by Mila McWarren <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- First Taste: A Collection of Hot Alpha Doms, First in Series Romances by Sidney Bristol, Sasha White, Michele Bardsley, Mari Carr, Sadie Haller, L. Dubois
- Ask Me Why by Marie Force, Jodi Thomas, Shirley Jump, Virginia Kantra
- Deadly Vacation (Hardy Brothers Security Book 10) by Lily Harper Hart
- Hat Trick (The Black Jack Gentlemen Book 4) by Liz Crowe <— SOCCER GROUPIE ALERT! “Emily Keller, an accidental low-level PR flunkie for the team watches as Declan gets sucked into a whirlwind romance with Cassandra Dean, the team’s Queen Bee groupie, trying not to be jealous while the woman maneuvers him into a sickeningly familiar situation…“
- Hot Summer Nights, Vol.2: The Third Collection by Jami Davenport, Kaily Hart, Sandra Sookoo, Bonnie Edwards, Diana Duncan, Deanna Cameron, Kiru Taye, Elizabeth Rose, Rae Lori, Jenna Allen, Theresa Troutman
- Vipers Rule: A Skulls Creek Novel (Skulls Creek Novel, A) by Stephanie Tyler <— EX MILITARY NOW BIKER/MC ENFORCER ALERT!! “Even though he’s no longer a U.S. soldier, Talon “Tals” Garrity hasn’t lost his desire for living on the edge. As the enforcer for the Vipers Motorcycle Club, the eternal bad boy is always getting into trouble—especially with the ladies…”
- I Think I Love You (Australian Sports Star Series Book 3) by Iris Blobel
- Capture the Night by Cheryl Pierson
- Out of Character by Diana Miller
- Making a Comeback (More Than A Game Book 3) by Kristina Mathews <— DIVORCED SINGLE MOM & SPORTS STAR ALERT!! “She wants to prove to herself and her young daughters that she still has what it takes to turn heads as a swimsuit model—that she doesn’t need a man to take care of her. Until an accident forces her to rely on the hunky, yet mysterious man next door…“
- Simmering Ice (Entangled Lovestruck) (Atlantic City Hustlers) by by Veronica Forand and Susan Scott Shelley
- Sweeter in the Summer by Olivia Miles
- Ruler of His Heart: Emerson and Aubrey by LiSoya Gilltin
- Out of the Dark (Out of the Dark Trilogy Book 1) by Arlene Gonzales
- Midnight Burning by Karissa Laurel
- Estelle In Denver (In Denver Series Book 2) by R. Colora
- Viking Gold (The Carswell Adventure Series Book 2) by L.A. Sartor
- Mama’s Boy by ReShonda Tate Billingsley <— SOUNDS INTENSE!! “The breaking TV news rocks Jasper, Texas, to the core: a white police officer is fatally shot in a scuffle with three black youths—and a cellphone video captures Jamal Jones, the sixteen-year-old son of esteemed Reverend Elton Jones, escalating the tragic encounter. Now, as the national spotlight shines on a town already rife with racial tension, Jamal is a murder suspect on the run. And all of Jasper—even the Reverend’s congregation—rushes to judge the boy they thought they knew.But Gloria Jones knows her son best, and she races to find Jamal before the law does—to the outrage of her workaholic husband. Once she finds him, she has to decide whether to turn him in or help him run…“
- Diamond Legacy by Monica McCabe
- Memorized <— HE REMEMBERS IT ALL AND SHE HAS AMNESIA ALERT!! “I wish I could forget, just wipe away all the ugly and the bad. I’m not as lucky as the pretty, lost girl. I would gladly trade places with her. She has no idea how good forgetting can be…”
- November Sky by Marleen Reichenberg
- Sun-Kissed Summer by Marta Brown
- The Hierarchy of Needs (Portland Rebels) by Rebecca Grace Allen <— FRIENDS TO LOVERS in VEGAS!
- The King of Infierno (Totally Five Star) by Jasmine Hill
- An Unforgettable Lesson by Abbie St. Claire
- The Silent Violent Few: Risen by Grayer Vaughan
- Release Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance Book 4) by Melanie Walker <— Pia was anxiously awaiting this one!
PRE-ORDERS (upcoming in the next 2 weeks):
- Elude (Eagle Elite Book 6) by Rachel Van Dyken – July 9th 2015
- The Trouble with Paper Planes by Amanda Dick – July 14th 2015
- Sinful Intent (ALFA PI Book 1) by Chelle Bliss – July 14th 2015
- Go Set a Watchman: A Novel by Harper Lee – expected release date July 14th 2015
- Sinful Intent (ALFA PI Book 1) by Chelle Bliss – expected release date July 14th 2015
- Sinfully Mine by Kendall Ryan – July 14th 2015
- Scattered Ashes (Shattered Promises, #4) by Jessica Sorensen – expected release date July 21st 2015
- Chaos by Jamie Shaw – expected release date July 21st 2015
- The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Edge of Darkness (Carpathians) by Christine Feehan – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Racing the Sun: A Novel by Karina Halle – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands Book 10) by Cherise Sinclair – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Wicked Fall (The Wicked Horse Series Book 1) by Sawyer Bennett – July 28th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Oooooh, so many good ones! What to start next !?;) I’m finishing Fragile by Shiloh Walker now. This book is seriously twisted and dark! Somebody is Watching me in the book and it creeps me out 😉 ! Can’t wait to hear what you guys are reading.
Have any of you read Hyptnotized by Georgia Le Carre or The Blood and Roses Series by Callie Hart? 🙂
I haven’t heard of Hypnotized so I’m going o look it up right now.
Blood and Roses however, I hear is FANTASTIC! 😀
I just read the blurb on Hypnotized, Maryse! It looks mysterious and twisted!! 😉 I think I’ll go for it 🙂
There are too many on this list today!!
Agree with Sherry, Never Let You Go was soooo good!!!!
You guys! Maybe in Another Life was SOOOOOO good!! Ack!!!
Release Me by Melanie Walker just went live today. It is the 4th book in her TAT rocker series and I have been waiting months for this. The first two books in the series – Trust Me and Forgive me – will be free for download on 7/8/15 through 7/12/15 and the third book Save me will be on for .99!
This is truly the best rock band series ever 🙂 🙂 It is strong and dealing with some serious issues and it is HOT. I highly recommend it.
Thank you Pia! I’m adding it. 😀
I really like the cover on the Taylor Jenkins Reid. Just price point too high for new to me author. I’ll have to keep my eye out at other retailers.
Still reading Omens, should finish today. I’m really liking it.:-D
Let us know what you think of it Marit!!
Jean, I know it’s crazy! Took me hours. LOL!! Always does, though. 😉
YAY Nikki! I LOVED it! 😀
I had planned on only reading a short story yesterday so I could read MIAL today, but instead I started Big Little Lies and holy crap I’m hooked! I am shamelessly addicted right now to this world of cliques, battlelines, cattiness, jealousy, competitiveness, heartache, a murder and flat-out DRAMA…and it all centers around the mothers (and some fathers) of a kindergarten class. AND, this is all just in the first half. This is quite a different read for me, and I’m loving it! 😀
Sooooo, one-clicks for today are MIAL (obviously ;)), Gold, Toxic, Chasing Each Other, Dance For Me and A Glimpse of the Dream…how gut-twisty does that one sound!
Oh Bev, TJR is worth it…SO worth it. Her books are stunning.
And TJR is at the library… I also snagged I want u to want me (such a great a song) so I’m gonna give that a go soon
Amy!! Big little lies was an absolute highlight for me last year!! You will love it, most satisfying ending ever!!
OH. MY. GOD! I’m already 20 % into Hypnotized and I AM HYPTNOTIZED!!!!! 🙂 🙂 She has lost her memory and he is the doctor/therapist who is hyptnotizing her and digging into her head! It’s soooooooo exciting and mysterious! I’m staying up all Night to finish this one 😉 No doubt! I Looooooove this feeling 😉
I can’t wait, Diane! 😀 I love Madeline. Any character like that – who jumps out of her car to yank the phone away from a texting-while-driving teen then while sauntering off slips and falls on her a$$ leading her to have champagne on a ladies coffee date – is going to be my favorite, LOL!
Oh, and she fell because she decided to wear sky-high heels to kindergarten orientation…yep, she’s my girl!!
Yes!!!! She’s the best! And my son was in kindergarten last year lol! I binge read every Liane Moriarity book after that
Another week, a ton more 1-clicks! Love the sound of the Taylor Jenkins Reid books but a bit too pricey for me.
I am reading Fearless by Lauren Gilley, really enjoying it – it is a whopper at 800 pages! only 50% through but have already downloaded the second one…
So, as the title suggest there are omens in this book. They take the form, or the explanation does of old rhymes and superstitions. Some i haven’t heard before. I find it interesting, though probably shouldn’t cause now I’ll be thinking of them, lol. Any way thought I’d share this one since it involves crows.
“One for bad news,
Two for mirth.
Three is a wedding,
Four is a birth.
Five is for riches,
Six is a thief.
Seven, a journey,
Eight is for grief.”
Paula, that looks interesting. With that page count is it a slow burn? And is the hero cajun? We were trying to think of cajun heroes, for Michelle, not long ago.
Sort of a slow burn it covers what happened 5 years ago and also in the present – love and MC drama – so really good! Yep, the hero is Cajun and the MC go to man for getting the truth from people….it doesn’t feel like a long book as really enjoying the story and the other characters are great too – I 1-clicked the second one 15% in!
eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk… so many great books !!
Lee, your kindle must of been like Christmas this morning.
Paula, it does sound good.
OMG Bev.. it was.. err.. IS cuz im still 1-clicking o.O someone help meeeeeeeee!!!
PS. I need something to read.. like i cant pick one!! What’s everyone reading?? or better, what was everyone last 5star??
whoops – I meant to put this here — Manwhore +1 was so good! <3
I’m reading Jezebel right now based on Amy’s recommendation. (See Amy, I do listen to you sometimes)!
Overwhelming list Maryse!!!
I just finished Flawed Love from yesterday’s list. Good, somewhat angsty read. Now not sure what to read next, Diamonds or Maybe In Another Life.:)
I loved never Let You Go too!!
Hat Trick and Making A Comeback sounds good- I love sports romances.
Yeh Jean!!! Wonder if you’ll agree about the wtf??
Gold. I’m reading Gold. Well, chapter one so far. I bought King of Sword and Sky. I am loving the series so much, though at 8 dollars a book, I’m going slow. The series has been occupying my head since I finally read the first book. Yes, Bev, I will read Eleanor and Park. It’s sitting next to me, but… but… GOLD!
Redemption Lane by Rachel Blaufeld is on sale for .99. Loved it!!
Tessa, lol. Telling you its a goldmine. Its funny cause in depth, and very visual but reads really fast.
Lee, I really don’t star my reads but a handful of my most recent that totally suckede in.
Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell
Asking for It by Lilah Pace
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Really into my current read but not done yet.
Ooooh! The Iron King (The Iron Fey Book 1) by Julie Kagaw is only 99 cents. I don’t know if anyone’s read it, but it’s been sitting on my wishlist forever.
I believe you Bev! That’s why I got it. I just keep starting it and then saying oOoh, shiny!
Bev!! i just finished Fangirl and loved it! I loved Levi, such a sweet read. Gonna read attachments soon but i’m not sold on Landline
I’m still going with book 2 of the Signal Bend series but I did snap up Maybe in Another Life – yes higher price but I agree her books are worth it! – also got Fighting Shadows and Flight from Death. Hypnotized is KU so thank you for mentioning it Marit! I got King and Jezebel yesterday so no more spending for me but I didn’t buy any books on vacation so I will justify it that way 😉
Oh Cajun hero yeyyy, I’m buying one more then…
Started Maybe in Another Life. Love her writing. Just at the part where her choice begins…have a feeling it’s going to be a late night! 😉
Yay!! Diane M. Wasn’t Levi great. Just how happy he was….and she so wasn’t. Gah, that kitchen scene. Was not expecting that. I read a blog post someone wrote and the effect reading of Levi had on her. I’ll post link, very sweet.
I hesitated with Landline also. Didn’t think it would be my cup of tea, but I liked it. And Cath and Levi make a small but sweet & pivotal cameo. Now that I “know” them I want to go back and read it. Levi was def being Levi. Oh, and his reading and when he voiced his thoughts on why she may not want him around Wren. *sigh*
Diane, this is the post. I love that characters can have such an impact, especially positive ones. Now the wait for Carry On.
I remember that series, Tessa! It was perfect “classic” YA UF to me, and I really liked it. I actually read the series after she wrote the Iron King, which apparently she hadn’t planned on writing initially (so I heard). I would have been crushed if she hadn’t written it after how the Iron Queen ended and which would have been the last book.
YAY Jean!!!! I’m all giddy waiting for your reaction. 😀 And Cheryl, did you ever read the novella?
Virginia, thanks for that! I actually *don’t* have that one yet…wait, now I do. 😉
Hey Bev, what was that book you mentioned that you thought I would like? I can’t remember if it was on this post or the other one, and I’m too lazy to go looking for it…but if you say it’s for me then I want it!
Diane, I am really clinging to your “satisfying ending” comment because right about now I’m all worked up with anxiety and want to ring the shame bell at some of those mothers. 😕
Umm…..I don’t remember, lol.
I did use your ovaries as a baramator for Joker & Travis in Ride Steady, but not sure if an Amy book. Do you read KA?
Then I think maybe a month or so ago I mentioned The Sky is Everywhere. MichelleS had asked if a her type read & I thought it maybe leaned more towards you. I know you like YA and a slightly mixed up heroine. I really liked it, read in one sitting, and went and put another of hers on hold. But it is YA, gentler than some you like, and the author does have a distinct style. But the more I thought about it the more I liked it. Maybe try a sample first? Lol, that was a long answer.
Lmao. Are you talking about Puddle Jumping? When you asked for novella. I was confused, i don’t think I rec books your way often cause we have slightly different likes. I was like how do i not remember reading an Amy book.
Alright, Bev. I’m on page 16 of Eleanor and Park.
Amy, I did read the novella. I agree with what you said, it answered most of my questions, maybe not the big ones… perhaps one more day in the novella to “watch” the news… but maybe it’s better how I imagined it to be. 🙂
*happy claps* but whoa. Did you finish Gold already?
Oh oh. I feel peanuts incoming… Maryse is pimping a new 5 star read by a favorite author & I realize I still have Forever, Interrupted on my TBR. Now there’s a whole new book?? Oh oh.
Tessa: yay!!! I was an idiot for sitting on E&P … So so good!!!
Acheron update: am I ever gonna finish this??? Sooooo long. Okay, either this audio book is skipping or I’m lost. Did it get sketchy just before the girl gets introduced??? It just went BAM you’re in the modern day with missing info!
Not done with Gold, just Eleanor and Park is going to be returned on Thursday. I really do want to read it even if it starts off that Park is slappable.
Acheron. Yeah, in the book, it says, Part 2: Present Day. I think the reader forgot to mention that. It would have made a bit more sense. Thousands of years have passed.
At the beginning, his thought process isn’t exactly nice. Kinda wimpy d*** instead.
Amy I loved Big Little Lies! I am the mom of a kindergartener and a step mom to older boys so I really related to Madeline and her thoughts about her ex husband and her daughter liking her step mom. Such a great read, it was fun. Reading Unbroken now…the stuff those soldiers went through in WWII…unbelievable!
Tessa, I hear you. For me it wasn’t a problem. I think because it felt so real. Very much like high school.
Jennifer, Unbroken is AMAZING. Great book.& writing, ( loved Seabiscuit) unbelievable story. There are parts of that story I’ll not forget. Have you read Flags of our Fathers? That was a good read too.
Used my ovaries as a barometer… *snort* 😛 No, it wasn’t Puddle Jumping. This is going to drive me crazy now until I find that post. 😕
*throws Forever, Interrupted peanut at MichelleS*
Exactly, Cheryl…a news report on the aftermath would have been great, but I guess leaving stuff to our imagination is a pretty good move, too. 😉
Oh, and did your heart hurt for her in the journal entries right after it all came out or was it just me being a big ol’ emotional softie?
Hang on, where’s my heart? I could’ve sworn it was just here, beating in my chest… Ohhhhhhh there it is, in my GUT where it just dropped to! Jennifer, that part where the lady calls Celeste’s phone with a maintenance question and her husband answers it…yeah, that just happened. And I’m freaking out.
omg Amy! You’ll be good, i promise, i talked several people through this book lol, including one friend who told me if Ziggy died she’d never speak to me again
Thanks for that Bev! i’m having a huge Levi hangover lol, absolutely loved him, what a great book, gonna recommend it to everyone, i may have loved it as much as E&P (is that ok lol?!)
OK I am reading these comments on my phone whilst I am supposed to be working… Diane M and Amy – what book are you talking about as it sounds good and I can’t scroll back and check..must do work!
Ha Paula! Amy is reading Big Little lies by Liane Moriarity and me and Bev read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Books one and two of Melanie Walkers TAT rockers series are free on Amazon at the moment. Book four is on the new release list. Haven’t read them but free books!!!! Clicked.
Lisa, those books are amazing. Book three is on sale for 0,99 🙂
I love this series even though they are dealing with some pretty heavy issues like domestic violence, child abuse etc. You go through every emotion reading these books – crying, loving, sadness, nail biting angsty etc.
As it is lunchtime I can now 1-click those! Thanks Diane M!
Thanks Lisa, I’ve always wanted to read them! 1-clicking the first 2 books.
You guys…. Jezebel…so good! It sucked me right in from the start. My mind is spinning with predictions….. This book is like a story within a story. Is there a connection? I don’t know yet….. And waiting for that Wtf moment that Amy and Cheryl mentioned.
I’m going to have to bite the bullet after this and buy Maybe In Another Life. That price! Ugh! But I’ve read all her books and know she is worthy!!
Amy, those are the only ones I can think of. Drawing a blank, lol. Maybe it was some one else?
Ladies, did anyone rec a book recently to Amy?
And no, MichelleS, not SR.;-)
Jean, “She is worthy” ~ lol.
Seriously bev, her books are awesome and unforgettable!!
Okay, since Amy can’t remember who rec’d what….I think she SHOULD just read SR!!!!!!!
SR and Acheron are the only two I can think of.
Bev, I’m past jerk type part, but he was being a jerk. *grins* Now he’s just weird. Weird is good though.
Diane, I finished it last night and loved it. It wasn’t until about the 15-20% mark that I finally “clicked” with it, but when I did it was just addicting!!
Paula, my fellow 2000+ ebook hoarder…you gotta read Big Little Lies. 😀
Alright Bev and Jean, I’ll admit I totally opened the door for the SR peanuts with that one. 😛 I’m serious though…I *know* there was something said about a book having me written all over it or something to that effect, and I’m almost positive it was said in the last couple of days.
Tessa who loves the high school bullies thinks Park is mean, lol. They are both a little weird, and yes it is good.
Amy maybe it was Acheron, not my rec though. Tessa & Fabi.
Yes, Jean!! I loved that whole story-within-a-story thing that Jezebel has. And you’re going to want the novella to read right after. Just trust me and Cheryl on that one. 😉
Nope Bev and Fabi, it wasn’t Acheron or SR (although I do have those sitting on my Kindle app ;)). *sigh* Watch…I’ll find it when I stop looking for it, lol.
Ugh! I went to get those free TAT books that Lisa mentioned, and boooooo! I already have them. No free books for me. On a sidenote though…hi Pia!! *waves at Pia* Haven’t seen ya in a while!
I think since I am reading Acheron a certain someone should read SR!
It wasn’t the Part Ii that confused me – because that was obviously going to be the “modern” world. Just before that – in April of some crazy date BC, they were talking about modern day things already – and I feel like I missed a whole chapter or something. he suddenly ****** possible spoiler ******* has a daughter? Was that just a mention or did I seriously miss a whole section? This is why I hate audio books! Maybe I nodded off?
Amy – was it King? I think I recommended that to you too – loved it!! Totally think you would like it (despite the CH) – was that it?
Was it Ground Rules? When Maryse did her review I mentioned sounded like an Amy book.
Those TAT books look good. I remember being interested in the first one due to the blurb, but never got it. Now, MINE! 😀
Bev, I think it’s the passive quality of his thoughts. That’s what made me think, seriously? Let me smack you. Though, now, so cute and weird. I love that.
Yes Amy, I remember someone saying that….. let me go back and see if I can find it for ya.
MichelleS, that comes out in a previous book. Forgot about that. I had a hard time connecting to that sl cause she herself is so old.
No I’m horribly behind! Ok King by who? Maybe hold off on the Susan Fanetti books…reading comments I missed and apparently something horrible happens and some hated it…I’m really nervous now because I LOVE Isaac! Actually with the upcoming angst this sounds like it has Amy written all over it! Amy, can you read them and tell me which book I will need to brace myself in like in the End of the World series 😉
Bev – I still feel like I missed something. His mortal life ended. SPOILERS AMY DON’T READ: by Apollo… his real mother unleashes on the world cause she;s so upset – the Dark Hunters are “formed” and he is put as their leader by Artemis…. and then suddenly there’s this annoying little demon girl trying to eat cows and stuff – who only ages 1 year for every human 1000 years? And this is his daughter? With Artemis? And WHAM we are in the 21st century? Did i fall asleep somewhere during this aduio book?
FOUND IT!!!! *whooping* 😀 It was the Signal Bend series.
But now I feel rather silly ’cause it was *Michelle* that said it, not Bev. Guess I got myself all confused ’cause Bev was recommending a short story for me a couple of days ago…
MichelleS…I’m starting King today!
I love that we are all Sherlock Holmes right now, lol
Tessa, he was a jerk and yes passive. I can remember certain people I did not even want to make eye contact with in HS, lol. Sometimes I can’t believe we throw our youth into that arena, lol.
LOL, I was posting it at the same time as you Jean…but thank you for looking for it!! *big squeezy hug*
*scoff* Really, MichelleS? Telling me NOT to read something is like putting a beacon on it for me. 😛 Seriously though, thanks for the spoiler warning…I actually did skip your post after I saw it. 😉
See, now I loved Park right away…. he was just in self protection mode – what did change was my “mental image” of him – I kept picturing different faces until one finally fit!
MichelleS, there is a part (although I don’t remember if its in this book) that talks about him finding Simi (who is not his biological daughter BTW) and how and why she ends up being his. (I could tell you but that would be a spoiler even for you)
Amy… do not read – For MichelleS
Alright, the problem is, you are listening rather than reading. If I had it on Kindle, I’d loan it. The narrator isn’t giving you the major details like, hey, this time passed. It would make sense then. The demon who stopped Acheron from killing himself is Simi’s mommy. Basically, Acheron was given her to care for to heal and for Simi to eventually protect him. That annoying demon is the baby given to him. Years, and I do mean years later, the DH are formed. 2000 years later. This all starts at about 9500 BC. Does that help?
MichelleS, he is one of my favorites. I adore him. I really like her heroes. They may not be like traditional romance ones but I love the way they love the heroines. Though her next will have two heroes.
BTW, MichelleS, do you like the narrator? I can’t believe you got the audio version after all. I think I could have lent that to you. I think Audible allows that, not sure.
Wait, I was supposed to start MIAL today, not King…but I want the angst of King…but I want to fall in love with another TJR book…but…but…arrrrrrgh!!! See what happens on a slow work day?
*giggle* Y’all were talking about Park, and it reminded me about the whole eyeliner thing and his dad’s reaction.
I love you guys for all of your spoiler warnings. 😀
Have to return a book I didn’t finish. *sigh* but means trip to library.:-D
I still love his mom about not being able to trust him with his face.
Right now, they are talking on the phone. All the eighty references… you know. I don’t know half of them. I get the comic stuff. It helps that my brother was obsessed with them, and had his garage and room filled. And yes, Scott Summers is very boring. However, the music? The Smith song I only knew because of Charmed!
Lol, I know I’m not up on alot of the 80s songs myself. Know a little Prince, a little Pogues, a little Jam. Those weren’t mentioned though.
I was in elementary school so MC Hammer & NKOTB were my jam besides the oldies station and Dirty Dancing sound track.
Reading Maybe in Another Life. One gripe so far that I have to voice. Hannah was honest w/Ethan the first night but when she saw him again she didn’t tell him why she was pissed w/ him. This after her voicing to herself she’s going to be honest and not play games, and especially knowing what Ethan had said in the parallel story about how he acts when feeling rejected, doesn’t excuse his behavior but…ok back to the story.
Same here Bev! I was nine when the book took place. I just listened to top forties. I thought Madonna was the end all of edgy music.
OMG ladies…getting British Knight hi-tops a size too big so we could wear double-layer socks in two different colors with a mini skirt.
Amy, here in grade school double socks, but La gear was the shoe. Also, with out socks these black Chinese slippers. This is grade school.
LA Gear, but I never did the double socks. You just don’t wear double socks in CA, no matter the style, because smelly, sweaty feet are never attractive.
Ooohhh our tennis shoes were Kaepas (if I even remember the spelling) before we went to those little white canvas ones. Can’t remember what their brand was. I loooved my Kaepas. Then my daughter’s generation came along and it was all about Converse. hrrrmm
Oh I remember Adidas being a big deal when I was in like grade school because of what it stood for (All Day I Dream About Sex). Lol!!
I remember L.A. Gear! They would sometimes come with two sets of laces, one set of a solid color and one set with a pattern, and we would try to lace the shoes with both sets of laces.
Anyone remember pegging their pants? And huge gaudy earrings…and acid wash jeans…and big, curly hair with poofy bangs… Mind you, this was all in junior high when we thought we were the sh!t. High school wasn’t as bad. 😉
Wow, I’m going to have no dignity by the time we are finished reminiscing…
Ha! I said that Adidas thing to my mom (who is insanely conservative) in grade school and lost my TV privileges. *snicker*
Lol Amy! Too funny!
This is my first day back to work after my six day weekend and I’m getting nothing done but book talk!! Yay!!
Totally pegged my pants!! I guess we’re all around the same age, I was obsessed with Madonna, Guess jeans and blue eyeliner (which I actually just bought again)
Pegged my pants too by the way!! Gah!!! I’m late to the comment party. *snort*
I have to say I was not a stylish child never did the trends. Yes I remember everyone with safety pins in there pants.
Middle school was just a cloud of aqua net, lol.
Jean, right?? I’m spending more time looking at my iPad and chatting with you guys than I am looking at the computer and working. 😉
Guess! That little upside-down triangle was such a big deal…and lord forbid you should wear a generic brand that tried to copy the triangle symbol.
B.U.M. Equipment was a pretty popular brand in HS, and I even bought hubby a B.U.M. hoodie then wanted to cut it up when I saw him wearing it while snuggling another girl when we were split up. *snort*
OMG, Aqua Net…that makes me wanna cough just thinking about it.
Yes Guess! My favorite pair were thick gray and white stripes! Haha! Oh and how about Sergio Valente jeans! I loved then!
Aqua Net..haha! How about White Rain hairspray!!!
Omg, I remember all that from the 80’s. Big earrings, and even bigger hair…thanks to a lot of aqua net. How did I not know that about Adidas!! Guess I wasn’t one of the cool kids!!! 😉
Too lazy to look at earlier comments- Is this Eleanor and Park you’re talking about with the 80’s references?? Still need to read that one.
Yes Cheryl! They’re kids in the 80s
Wow, all these flashbacks…
Did anyone ever wear those bralette tops in the early 90s? Ya know, before they had strict dress codes in HS. Good lord, I can’t believe how much skin I showed at school. 😕
Nope. Early nineties was me too shy to show my chest. Also, my school did have a very strict dress code even then. However, I was wearing baggy shirts to hide my figure. lol Looking back, I feel like slapping myself.
I only had Guess shirts. Again, the baggy ones. I never mastered the jeans thing because it felt funny. *shrugs* Now the big hair thing, I did that once, sadly for my seventh grade school picture. I looked like a frizzy queen. Fuzz hair everywhere. That was the LAST time I did it.
Amy…yes! When Celeste’s husband found out about her apartment my heart dropped! I agree it took about 15 or 20% to get into Big Little Lies but once there I was in.
Bev- I haven’t read Flags of our Fathers… Same author? I love Seabiscuit as well. Even got the commemorative hardcover with lots of pictures. That’s what I love about Hillenbrand’s writing she brings historical stories to life.
80s hair, aqua net and bangs that look like fans and NEON and breakdancing and…..!
I never knew that about Adidas!!! My son only wears Adidas…. gonna go ask him if he has heard of that. LOL. What the heck is “pegging” your jeans? I wore the jeans that had the zippers at the ankle and had stripes… and I am so short that this look worked for me. And pumps with frilly socks. And a Janet Jackson-like blazer. Long earrings. That was my look.
Fabi – the narrator is okay, his male voice is okay for Acheron, but when he does the high pitched female voices it sounds like my grandmother changing voices for a fairy-tale. They didn’t have a Kindle version to loan at the Frisco library, but they had the audio book, so I borrowed that. I still think I missed a part. Unless ALL that happened in like 10 minutes? Dark Hunters being formed and Simi? Did that happen real quick? I am now at the part where he meets the girl and WHAM he likes her because she isn’t lusting after him like everyone else. HA! I may take a break, only because audio books are such a chore for me. I need my eyeballs to move.
MichelleS, it was when you’d fold over the bottom of jeans and then do a tight roll at the hem. Also, hers people would safety pin the fold instead. But I hit middle school in 90 and the neon and pegging became flannel and sagging. The grunge and hip hop years. But I was a dorky kid, I never did trends wanted to just fade in the corners.
*hugs MichelleS* Sorry the audio story isn’t working for you.
Nineties were my “discover music” time because I hated what was on the radio. After Me, Myself and I won a grammy for best rap song, I knew it was going to suck for a while. (It was like listening to Kevin Costner rapping) Never got into the whole flannel thing, but everything was baggy. (not sagging!) *grins* Perfect clothes for the insecure.
Has anyone read Betina Krahn? Her The Husband Test is .99. Tempted.
Except for a song here and there I was never into rap.
No, not the same author. And not up to LH, but a good read if like WWII non fic. About the men who put up the flag on Iwo Jima. One of who was the author’s father. Then Eastwood directed a movie based on it.
One last post for a bit. I was just listening to someone talk about figuring out your catnip in books. And then speaking of a book with Amy all over it. I was wondering what is your catnip, the keywords that make you want to buy. I think I’m learning a bit of some of yours. Fairies for MichelleS. Tessa likes the heroes that are d!cks, Amy the heroines that are.;-)
But really what checks the box for you?
I do like jerk heroes, but past that, what really checks my box is great secondary characters. So many times, the secondary are one dimension. When they are fully fleshed, and even better, there’s a friendship/ family love there, I just go nuts. FCH has Logan, Nate, and Heather. Harry Potter had so many awesome secondary, it’s insane. The Rocker Who series is basically a big family. Even Bully had Madoc, KC and eventually Jaxon. I just adore how it makes the story more real for me.
Bettina Krahn, yes, I have read her! I saw the covers and read both the Husband test and the Wife test. Haha, now ask me what it’s about. Yeah, no clue. It’s been too long, but I used to have a pile of all her books next to my Lisa Kleypas stuff.
Great question Bev!! I love tortured heroes (and heroines like Nora in The Siren), my 2 faves are Caleb from the Dark duet and Eli from The lonely / Lost boy. But I totally agree w/ Tessa, great secondary characters always make a book better
Ok flew through Signal Bend book 2 and yes Amy I still say it is a crazy angsty gritty mess that has you written all over it! It reminds me of a MC soap opera! So far there is nothing great about the writing but the sexy times are hot and the rollercoaster story is addicting.
I want a break from the series so now what? I think I’m going to try King since I’m still in the mood for gritty.
Great question Bev. I think my book catnip is tortured heros who are kind of jerks initially…like Remy and Colton and Travis.
And I totally agree with Tessa. Secondary characters that are well fleshed out really turns a good story to a great story for me. Loved all the characters in Jay Crownovers series for that reason. Felt like I knew them and missed them when I finished.
I am LOVING this hero-catnip question…
Me too, I’m into the broken bad-asses. And they don’t have to be god-like gorgeous either. Just BIG, strong protectors (even if they’re bad-guys) and reluctantly loving until that one girl comes along and then they give their WHOLE heart. Gah I LOVE that.
Z is my ultimate. Travis too (but of course!!) hahaha!! Acheron… definitely. Christian Grey (although I don’t know how much of a “bad-ass” he was). Sebastian from Surviving Raine (YES!!) an even Evan Arden. Terrible from The Downside Ghosts series (and he is another of my perfect examples that he was not a physical beauty, BUT OMG I FELL HARD for him!!!!)
MichelleS, seriously you and Acheron are cracking me up.
How long is it in audio? Like 30hrs?
My catnip? When a book is attached to words or sayings like ugly cry, heartbreaking, gutted me, mindf$#k, twist, etc.
Oh geez, y’all with your baggy 90s clothes are making me sound like I was a hussy in my skimpy clothes.
Bad Boy/good girl
Yes, well developed secondary characters. Yes, Tessa, HP rocked that.
Made Families, HP did this well too
Good sense of time and place, as if I know the town, or house, vibe of the city, etc
Amy, please tell me you wore the top with high waist pants and suspenders.
MichelleS, in response to your other post in the currently reading, I think it’s funny, because she is the Simi. Maryse even said she was sometimes annoying. *grins* The book literally says, before present day stuff: Part 2 Present Day.
Amy, I was really self-conscious at that age. Like, thought I was fat because I had a 24 inch waist, not 22 inches like Marilyn Monroe. *rolls eyes* Can I slap my old self now?
OMG Bev, NO!!!! LOL!!!! I wore those tops with short shorts and sometimes even jeans (hey, it worked back then!), but the waists on pants and shorts were higher back in the early 90s than they are now, so…yeah.
I know Tessa, can you believe what we were self-conscious about back then? And to think I used to roll my eyes at older women who told me to enjoy my youthful body while I had it.
Yes! As I said, if I could smack my younger self, I would. lol The closest to tight I wore were sometimes pants. And yeah, waist high pants… Long torso with short legs meant I was ahead of the style. 😛 They never reached my waist.
Lol Tessa, you can smack my younger self too. So ridiculous. I was on a perma diet because I was always trying to get into a size 1 instead of my 3s. I think girls are smarter nowadays. Neither my daughter not her friends seemed so self conscious during their teens. And me, I’m huge now. I doubt I could wear a 3 on one leg.
Book triggers, hmmm, I can’t really pin it down. I know I’m partial to younger characters, especially if they’re fighting against a dystopian world and there’s a little romance thrown in. So when I read a blurd with those elements, its an automatic 1 click. But there are many others too.
What the… What the… finished Eleanor and Park. Is there a part two? I think the ending was happy? Seriously, um… what in the world was that ending?
Richie, I expected to hate him more, though I did dislike him intensely. Ironcially, I hated her mom more. She sucked.
Park’s parents, OMG, awesome. Love the granny. Just LOVE her. It was sweet, and a good slow burn romance. The end, though? Book two, now! 10 years later epilogue. SOMETHING!
fabi, have you read Lauren Oliver’s Delirium and Pandemonium. Also the author who wrote ‘travelling pants series’…her book ‘I am Memory’. They would all be ticking your book catnip box. Mmmm that sounds wrong.
Another book quirk I love is when authors add a play list and you get that multidimensional feel by listening to the music and reading at the same time. (Trust me…listen to the choral music when reading 50 shades red room scenes *gulp*). Ofcourse the beloved Colleen Hoover did it to perfection with her colab with Griffen Peterson for Maybe Someday. My husband thinks it’s just another way I block the rest of the world out when I have my iPod earbuds in and my head buried in my Kindle!!;)
Lisa I have Delirium and Pandemonium on my tbr list. I read The Traveling Pants but not I am Memory. If m adding that one right now. Thank you for the recommendations.
Music, that’s another trigger for me. Give a character that plays guitar/sings and I’m likely to read the book. Same goes for soccer/football/basketball athlete characters. And dont even get me started on sci-fi. Ah, so many triggers. Probably why my reading is all over the place and I end up missing as many great books as I find.
fabi, let me know what you think of I am Memory. I don’t know many who have read it and would love to discuss your take on the ending.
OK I’m late to this conversation, but my catnip is the guys who are broken and need saving (Z, Remy, military men…). Also tattoo artists, bikers, and fighters. Yum!
Tessa, I know we would all love a follow-up to E&P!!!
I would love an E&P sequel. And yet I was happy with the ending. Probably because of Park’s response. But, to me, the ending fit the book.
Saying that I’ve read her other 3 and yes her endings could have more to them. But I just have enjoyed them so. And love her writing.
Yes! That ending needs more. Just more.
First line Thursday:
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Gold by KA Linde
Seriously, of all the first lines, a quote. Appropriate, yes, but still! Gah, sucky first line curse continues!
DianeM, what did you think of the ending of Fangirl? I kind of wanted a smidge more. I kept trying to turn the page, lol. Though got a small glimpse of their future in Landline.
My catnip in books, tortured, sweet, bad-a$$, doesn’t hurt to be a rock star or sports star, hero and a strong heroine.
First line:It’s a good thing I booked an aisle seat, because I’m the last one on the plane. Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Reid Jenkins.
I love that first line Cheryl! Got myself a gift card yesterday just so I could buy that book!
First line Thursday:
Tuesday. Again. (Figured I’d add 2 lines since so short). Yes, still reading Jezebel by K Larsen.
Didn’t get to read last night….. Catching up on Wayward Pines. Is anyone here watching the series? Crazy!!!!
Jean, Never heard of it.
Just finished a really nice novella, Nice Girls Don’t Ride by Roni Loren. Liked that.
Not exactly sure what’s next, maybe Dark Water, so no first line yet.
I’m completely stuck. I can not decide between Seize the Fire and Dark Water. Oh, well have things to do, give me time to think on it.
Evernight by Kristen Callihan is on sale for 1.99.
Him by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy has a cover and a release date, July 28. So one clicking.
Wayward Pines is a 12 episode series on Fox based on a book series. It’s mindf&@kery at its best, staring Matt Dillon.
First line Thursday.
Ummmmm…no way am I posting the first line.
I’m reading King. Let’s just leave it at that. 😉
Amy – LOL! That’s what I said when I read King… couldn’t write first line of prologue or chapter one! hahahaha
Okay – let’s see – this is going to be hard with this audio book, but: “Kill that baby!” – Acheron, S. Kenyon. YES!!! I am still “listening to” this book. The good news is I am on Chapter 15. I can see the light!!! I may just finish this today. I want to squirrel and buy Fearless so badly. Not gonna do it… gonna be patient….
I’m reading Down the Rabbit Hold and really enjoying it – the Girls Next Door show was such a guilty pleasure and getting the behind the scenes scoop is, too!
Loved Big Little Lies – any elementary school mom can totally relate.
I just finished The Martian.I liked it but only give 3.5 stars due to lots of technical talk and it needed a few more chapters at the end. Can’t wait for the movie!
Oooh, Bev, do any of her other books mention Eleanor and Park? Like, oh and that couple?
*waves to Julie* That show seemed to be almost everyone’s guilty pleasure. 🙂
Okay, Gold. I don’t want the friend’s book, I want someone else, a guy, who’s in this book. Seriously, I wanted to hug him.
Julie, only 3.5 for The Martian? 😮 I loved all the science and tech stuff in it. lol
Awww I really want to know first line of King guys! Not even a hint? OK gonna go buy it with my gift card now!!!!
85% of Jezebel…… I’m basically speechless at this point.
Jean, I just did the sample, you know with out downloading. Its something offensive being yelled. Very offensive.
OK gotcha! Thanks bev!
Amy, definitely made me curious. So I looked at the sample of King, and wow started reading it from there. I had to keep telling myself to back away because the sequel is not out until August 17. I do not want to be bi%tching because I have to wait for Tyrant, but boy it was hard to stop reading. 😉
0.0 That is pretty bad.
Cheryl – why is everyone afraid of the CH? It’s really not that bad – and the book is still worth reading. It was for me anyway. You could walk away after reading the sample?
Every time I think of a book with a CH I remember Push
Cheryl, I started to do the same thing too! I bought it, but told myself I have to read other books.
Loved Gold. Not as much as Diamonds, but a lot. Definitely some tummy twisting going on. Still, loved it and a great ending to the two books.
My second first line Thursday. 😛
“Two Primages and sixty of my Black Guard slaughtered, and yet somehow the pair of you survived.”
King of Sword and Sky (The Tairen Soul Book 3) by CL Wilson
Now that’s a MUCH better first line, no?
I adore CH, if done right and not cheesy just to get you to buy the next book. I love the mystery and twirling in my head of what’s going to happen, what is that mystery about… all those. Something to dwell on and ponder and make theories about are beyond priceless. However, I don’t like, “And I hate you,” the end, CH, where they get back together in the next book. *rolls eyes*
Finished Fearless and loved it – 5* for me and now on to the second one..
So many other good ones to read too – turned on the wifi on my kindle and 3 pages of books downloaded – oops! Oh and there is still tomorrow’s list to come…
My biggest problem with CH is ever reading the next book. Agree with Tessa, sometimes can be fun. But if just a break that is made up within the first chapter of the next, not fun.
Paula, yes. I one click on my phone and read on my kindle. So when I connect I’m flabbergasted. Like am I sleep buying.
Just finished Jezebel! Amy and Cheryl, that was more than a wtf moment!!! My head is spinning! Should I read the novella??? Oh my gosh, I just can’t believe it…… did not see that coming at all! Ahhhhhh!!!!
My biggest problem with a CH is forgetting details of the first book while waiting for the next book!!
Tessa: High Madge Vadim Maur…. the worst villain EVER in any book I’ve read, agreed? Always makes me so happy to see any Tairen Soul references.
I agree about the CH – I usually forget about the book until Maryse or someone else reminds me. Sometimes I forget the story. Mostly, I am just not nearly as eager to read the follow up as I would have been the day I finished the book in the first place. Authors should take note. No more cliff hangers. Write a longer book or something.
I think I’m in a historical mood today.
“It was hell being a hero”
~Seize the Fire by Laura Kinsale.
Bev – that is exactly what I do!! Checked my Kindle today and only have 60MB left! Will need to archive some off as it is being really slow…too many book purchases!
Bev, I had to look up the story as a reminder. I didn’t like that one as much, though the hero was awesome. I’m not fond of most island hopping historicals though, unless a pirate is involved. 🙂 Also, take it with a grain of salt. I was probably about sixteen when I read it, so who knows what I’d think of it today.
MichelleS, thank you for recommending the series. My only complaint is the money I’m spending on it. 😛 The library only had one book from the series.
I just have an aversion to CHs because when I finish a book, I want the whole story NOW! I don’t mind if the next book is going to be a continuation of the story but when the current book stops right at that *gasp* moment and leaves me hanging, that is what I don’t like and why I usually end up waiting for the whole series. I agree with all of your comments like losing interest by the time the next book is out or forgetting things about the story in between books or even just getting around to reading the next book.
Never thought I would say it but I’m actually starting to feel a bit of an aversion to series. 😕 The exception would be PNR or UF, because in that case more than one book is often needed to hash everything out.
Jean!! Right?!? YES, definitely read the novella. It’s pretty short and actually gives a peek into how, er, “that character” came to give us the WTF moment. 😉
Amy, I feel the same way about CHs and series. I couldn’t have said it better. 🙂
Tessa: OMG, had no idea – I have them on my Kindle and can loan you the rest of the books. Do you use a Kindle?
Is that why my Kindle is going so slow? I thought it was my WiFi connection and that awful Uverse internet. How do I get them off the device and back to my cloud?
Normally I’d say sure, but something tells me I’m going to go back and buy Lady of Light and Shadows anyway. It’s re-readable good. I wish I could help on the cloud thing, but I just have the app on my Nexus 7. I just delete it and the book goes into Cloud mode.
Let’s see. Three good books in a row. E and P, Gold, and now King of Sword and Sky. *grins* I’m happy with this trend.
Yes uf series & mystery series, I like those. They usually do not end on a ch but have ongoing developments. It can also be nice when caught up and they come out once a year. Other times it’s hard cause want to stay in that world.
I used to read more romance series that were different connected couples. Nora Roberts did this well. Maybe siblings or a group of friends. KA too.
Tessa I love when that happens.
So, as an adult should I feel guilty for maybe bypassing cooking dinner but baking a box of brownies? Maybe eat some fruit first.
As an adult, you can make you brownies and eat them, then eat a fruit. 🙂
The tiny house letter Maryse has on her fb is funny. “Wes Anderson character”, lol.
But that house has some great fixtures, love the sink.
Can I share a tiny house I saw on a blog?
Oh, my dream house would probably be cottage like. Not open plan but separate rooms. Big windows, a window seat somewhere. Maybe older so it has some quirks like a slanted ceiling or nooks.
This is a little house I thought was adorable.
Aw Bev, you’re describing my little cape cod home, a few window seats, slanted ceilings, small and cozy! I agree, would like more to her endings, though more with E&P than Fangirl. Reading After Hours and loving, I think I’m sticking with books from 2013 for a bit lol
Couldn’t have said it better Amy. Exactly my thoughts/feelings on Ch and series.
Jean, I know right! Definitely read the novella, it answers most questions and gives you more closure. Still would have liked to have “one more day.”
Diane, on Cape Cod, sounds amazing!
i wish!! I meant a cape cod style home
Finished Maybe in Another Life. For this author I didn’t feel like there was much angst to speak of, maybe because I didn’t feel strongly towards one path versus the other, although I did like one character better than the other. The book was all about a philosophical approach to life, questioning do we have choice and will we end up at the same place no matter what choices we make. That said I thought it was interesting how Hannah’s best friend, Gabby’s parallel paths ended versus how Hannah’s did.
Think I may start Diamonds now.
MichelleS, I didn’t finish the blurb of King; probably wouldn’t have been able to stop reading then. 😉
Lol, still sounds great Diane. That’s such a charming style. I was going to say if you had a beach house, book club is taking Jean’s Cat’s Meow up to your house, lol
Has anyone read Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed? It is some of the letters and answers she gave writing an advice as Dear Sugar. Its a great book. Beautiful and sad , heartbreaking and hopeful, fierce. Any one of the letters was on making the decision to have children or not. I can’t remember exactly what she said but she referred to a poem that was about how the poet saw his house how it would of been if he chose another life. This parallel ghost life. How we can’t know what it would be, better or not, but we all have it. I don’t know, not saying it right but it was a wonderful piece. The whole book is.
Haha I’m reading King and thought oh well I will post the first line so went to prologue and nope definitely can’t post THAT…went to chapter 1 and was going to try that first line but again for those who read it, another gasp and nope can’t write that one either!
Oh Bev, rotfl, book club is taking Jean’s Cat’s Meow up to the beach house. That’s priceless. 🙂
I have to share one of the letters. Some, in their 20s, asked her what she would tell her own self at 20 if she could. I think it is beautiful though the end makes me tear up. Did you hear that Amy, tears right here.;-)
That last advice did tear me up. I loved the gay couple advice. lol Those first few were funny. My heart melted with the guy in the Mexican restaurant. *sighs*
That letter is tearfully and laughingly amazing! I must read that book!
Its a great read. I had to keep re checking it cause I’d read a letter or two at a time. Thought about buying a copy, paper one. Does any one miss “real” books for flipping through or to certain parts. It’s not the same, or even as quick digitally. With real favorites I would know how far into the book to open, almost to the page, lol.
MichelleS – that could be why it is slow – just need to remove books from device which will be painfully slow if your kindle is anything like mine – but I assume worth it in the end!
Haha you guys I would l love to have you out on my boat!
Amy and Cheryl, I read the novella last night and then I couldn’t fall asleep because my mind wouldn’t stop processing it all! I loved it!
We need to gang up on Maryse to read it! I would love to see her reaction and review of this story. I’m talking about Jezabel and the novella, Laying In Wait. Please, please, please Maryse, I am being you to read it! Is it on your TBR list? Soooooo great!!!
9. I think this is a mistake because Viper Game is already out. did you mean the new Spider one? (Ghostwalker Novel Book 11) by Christine Feehan – expected release date July 27th 2015—
12 & 15 are the same thing.
Thank you Ezi!! 😀 Fixed.