Happy NEW RELEASE DAY!! Yet another big day of book-fun and I’m still working on the list as we speak. But, like usual, I’ve already got a bunch that look awesome below, so take a look. I highlighted a bunch below with my “alerts”. 🙂
P.S. I READ A BOOK that I absolutely LOVED LIKE CRAZY. Drove me NUTS and I couldn’t put it down and I was so excited and my stomach hurt and my heart hurt and the titillation was *whooooooo!!!!* So I HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Ground Rules by Roya Carmen (and will be writing the review shortly, and for me? It’s 5 stars because of all that it made me feel, and just how good the whole thing was).
In the meantime, here’s a silly little “video-review/my reactions” to The Ground Rules, to give you an idea. 😛
JUNE 24th 2015 UPDATE!!! A FEW ADD-ONS!!
- Identity Crisis by Rochelle Paige <— sounds exciting and crazy!! He’s ex-military and his ex girlfriend is in trouble, and so in a reclusive author that has NO idea she’s in trouble. Mistaken identity? “Delia returns home completely unaware that the police believe she’s been murdered. With Delia alive and his ex still missing, Blaine has the skills and connections to find out exactly what happened and keep Delia safe.”
- Scattered Ashes (Shattered Promises, #4) by Jessica Sorensen
- Salvation by Ahren Sanders <— both trying to overcome emotional scars…
- Escaping Parker by F.T. Zele <— escaping her dangerous abusive husband… and meets someone willing to help but… “He doesn’t mix business with pleasure, and he didn’t expect to fall in love with the girl he is hiding out.”
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AUDIOBOOK RELEASES PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal ————->
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny by Holly Madison
- Wicked Charms: A Lizzy and Diesel Novel by Janet Ivanovich
- On My Knees: A Novel by J. Kenner
- Bengal’s Quest by Lora Leigh
- Safe at Last: A Slow Burn Novel by Maya Banks
- Ever After: A Nantucket Brides Novel, Book 3 by Jude Deveraux
- Night Shadow by Nora Roberts
- Wicked White: Wicked White, Book 1 by Michelle A. Valentine
- Hold Me: Twist Me, Book 3 by Anna Zaires
- Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward
- Jake Understood by Penelope Ward
- Eddie & Sunny by <— SOUNDS CRAZY & EXCITING! They’re living in their car with their child and she’s pregnant and thinking of leaving him when… “they stop at an abandoned service station, the point is just to survive another night in their car. But inside they discover a marijuana grow operation, cash, and a stockpile of weapons. As they leave, the owners arrive and Sunny is forced to shoot the dealers to save her family. Eddie and Sunny become fugitives of the law and the drug dealers’ kin, and while on the run they become separated…“
- Stone Cold Bad: An Alpha Bad Boy Romance (Stone Brothers Book 1) by Tess Oliver <— super-bargain priced “When she runs away from her monstrous boyfriend, Jade Morrow has no place to go and no one to turn to. She accidentally lands in the arms of a handsome, tattooed stranger…”
- Men Of Honor Series Box Set: Men Of Honor Series by K.C. Lynn <— NAVY SEALS ROMANCE SERIES BUNDLED at a rock bottom price!! Thank you Lauren!!! 😀
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon <— recent release FIGHTER ALERT & Nancy LOVES it! She says: “Maryse have u read The Song of David yet!? Gahhhh!!! Amy Harmon does it to me every time!! Total book hangover“
- A Kiss Like This (Kiss & Make Up Book 3) by Sara Ney <— Jessica wants more like this one! “Just finished “A Kiss Like This” by Sara Ney… Need recommendations for more awkwardness/shy books!”
- The Quest of Perkins Vale (Legendary Rock Stars Book 3) by L.B. Dunbar <— recently released rock star book!
- Red Nights by Shari J. Ryan <— recent release and Becky found it for us saying: “it’s soooooo good! Just wanted to mention it 🙂.” Everyone thinks she’s guilty of killing her twin… “Well, everyone except him… Hayes Peyton, the charmingly beautiful stranger I met in the park at midnight—a totally legitimate place to meet the man of my dreams. Plus, he knows I’m innocent. Believing him is easy. So very easy. Maybe too easy?“
- The Wild Series (#1-3): Wild, Ridge, Slade by Adriane Leigh <— ALL THREE BOOKS BUNDLED at a rock bottom price today!! “That’s 600+ pages of sexy, sassy, WILD fun! Scorching-hot, bad-boy brothers!“
- True Devotion (The True Series) by Liora Blake <— BOOK #2 of the one that is HIGH on my TBR LIST!
- Fighting for Forever (The Fighting Series Book 6) by J.B. Salsbury <— MMA FIGHTER BOOK ALERT!!!
- Flawed Heart: House Of Obsidian by Bella Jewel <— ANGRY FIGHTER ALERT! OMG this one sounds like a reading-dreeeeeeam!!! “But one night, one accident. It changed everything. The man I loved. The man I thought I knew…disappeared. I can’t tell you the exact moment he fell out of love with me. But he did. I wish I could tell you there was hope. That I hung on. That I fought. I wish I could tell you that we fixed it. That happily ever after was just out of our grips. It wasn’t. I ran. In the dead of the night, I packed my things and I left him. Five years later, I have returned. He’s still the same man I left behind. A deadly underground fighter for the House of Obsidian… He’s still dangerous. He’s still broken. I still love him. We’re both holding a secret, and that secret might just change everything.”
- Dream Of You: A Wait For You Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— SEXY COP ALERT! “…when she witnesses a shocking crime, she’s thrust into the hands of the sexiest man she’s ever seen – Colton Anders. His job is to protect her…“
- Repaired by Melissa Collins and Becky Johnson <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Safe at Last: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels Book 3) by Maya Banks
- Sloth: A Sinful Secrets Novel by Ella James <— RECENTLY RELEASED DARK MYSTERY ALERT – BLURB JOLT!!!!!!! They write to each other but have never met… don’t even know each other… “This is how she saves my life. She doesn’t even know it. We’ve never even seen each other. But I need a reason. Just one reason to continue. She becomes mine. The anonymity is good. She doesn’t need to know me, but I need her kindness.” AND THEN!! “For three years, I escape my demons. And then one day I’m pulled back in. I’ve resigned myself to what I know is coming. Until the girl I’m spanking gives her safe word: Sloth. And then the lie I’m living starts to unravel.“
- Shattered by You (Tear Asunder Book 3) by Nashoda Rose <— DARK ROCK STAR BOOK! “What started out as a deal quickly became a friendship that conquered monsters.”
- A Week at the Lake by Wendy Wax
- Dare To Love Series: An Inconvenient Dare (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Bethany Lopez <— Her friends dare her to come on to a stranger!! “What started as an inconvenient dare turns into more than Vanessa ever expected, but when she learns the secret Enrique’s been keeping, will she be able to forgive him, or will she forgo her chance at happiness?“
- The Girl I Was Before (The Falling Series Book 3) by Ginger Scott <— SHE’S PRETTY & SELF-CENTERED and wants to change for the guy she loves… “Houston is my fairytale. He’s perfectly imperfect. He’s poetry and life. He’s truth and heartbreak, all rolled up in a tall body with dark hair, broad shoulders and green eyes that lull me into submission. He’s nothing I ever thought I wanted, but the very thing I need. He’s the only guy I’ve ever really loved, and he thinks I’m a princess. I fell into him, and now I’m holding on…“
- Mirage by Alice Tribue <— ESCORT ALERT! And… “there’s something about the man I just met, something that makes me uneasy, especially since he’s interested in me… And he’s offering me a whole lot more than anyone ever has before… “
- Ugly Cry: An Anthology by by AE Woodward, Brenda Rothert, Erika Ashby, JM LaRocca, Kathryn Perez, M.E. Carter, Missy Johnson, Stacey Grice <— THAT TITLE SAYS IT ALL ALERT!!
- Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1) by Michelle A. Valentine
- On My Knees: A Stark Novel by J. Kenner
- Up in Smoke (Crossing the Line) by Tessa Bailey
- Four Week Fiancé by Helen Cooper
- Beautiful Little Fool by K.K. Hendin <— HE’S HOT AND ABOUT TO INHERIT A FORTUNE ALERT & SHE HAS HER SIGHTS SET ON HIM! “Eighty seven billion dollars. She gets everything she wants. He’s what she wants. Love has nothing to do with it. To get to where you’re going, sometimes you need to step on a few people to get there. Good thing her heels are sharp.“
- Bachelorette for Sale (A West Side Romance Book 1) by Gail Chianese
- Last First Kiss: A Brightwater Novel by Lia Riley
- Destined (The Connected Series Book 5) by K.A. Hobbs
- Hide and Seek (Phoenix Code 3 & 4) (Phoenix Code Boxset Book 2) by Lara Adrian & Tina Folsom
- Crushed (Torn Series #7) by Pamela Ann <— FINALLY A NEW RELEASE ALERT! I remember how crazy everyone was for this series… (reading order)
- Wicked Charms: A Lizzy and Diesel Novel (Lizzy & Diesel Book 3) by Janet Evanovich
- Snow Boy (X-Treme Boys Series Book 5) by Kay Manis
- Say It Sexy (Say You Love Me Book 1) by Virna DePaul <— HOLLYWOOD ACTORS ALERT!! “Gwendolyn Vickers intends to be America’s next celebrity sweetheart and that means keeping her public image pristine. The last thing she needs is to be linked to trouble-making heartthrob Garrick Maze…“
- Say It Strong (Say You Love Me Book 2) by Virna DePaul
- What Janie Wants by Rhenna Morgan <— Tee hee! She ends up at a nude resort…
- Othello Station by Rachael Wade <— HE KEEPS HIS DISTANCE ALERT! “…But this dove came along. Soft and delicate, tainting my thoughts. I can think of twenty different ways to get rid of her. I need this dove to take flight. But she won’t fly away…“
- Lies We Live (The Truth Series Book 1) by Brenda St John Brown <— SHE’S ROAD-TRIPPING TO ESCAPE STRESS “Twenty-nine-year-old Ella Ingraham is a best-selling novelist. She’s also a murderer. At least that’s what most of the world thinks after her bastard ex-boyfriend brought a tabloid frenzy and a civil suit down on her for “negligence” following the stillbirth of their unplanned child at eight months…” and then runs into a tech-genius that escaped NY to live better…
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny by Holly Madison <— OKAY NOT A ROMANCE BUT I LOVE AUTOBIOGRAPHIES!! And I dunno why, but I was hooked on the Playboy “reality series” show once, so I’m definitely curious about her “life” there. LOL! So I had to post it. 😀
- Let There Be Love by Cynthia Gagen
- Getting Lucky: Sapphire Falls book five by Erin Nicholas
- Fall Deep: Navy SEAL contemporary romance (SEALs Undone series Book 4) by Zoe York <— “Navy SEAL Miles Dumbrowski is on his way back to war. He isn’t supposed to fall in love…”
- Loving Lilly: Lost and Found Series Novella by J.M. Madden
- Her Wild Riders: BBW Biker Romance by Rayne O’Gara
- Burning Seduction (Montana Promises Book 5) by Vella Day
- Breaking Free by Cara Dee <— FAMOUS GIRL WANTS TO SHED HER BAD-GIRL WAYS! “Sophie, famous for being infamous, got her part in the film due to her daddy, the studio chairman. But there’s more to her than wild nights and drunken tabloid photos, and she’s aching to prove it…“
- Cold Truth (Delarosa Secrets) by T.A. Chase
- One Beautiful Revenge (Wild Rush Book 4) by J. Evans and Jessie Evans
- Beyond Bedrock (Bedrock, #3) (The Bedrock Trilogy) by Britney King <— THE TRILOGY IS NOW COMPLETE ALERT!! “The final book in the Bedrock Trilogy, this story explores what happens after the curtain closes and the reality of happily ever after begins.“
- Dangerous Encounters: Thirteen Romantic Suspense Novels by Nikki Lynn Barrett, Denise Moncrief, Jade Kerrion, Nancy Radke, Nolan Radke, Stacy Eaton, Sharon Coady, Amy Manemann, Cathy Perkins, Chantel Rhondeau, Jacquie Biggar, Sylvie Grayson, Rachelle Ayala, Mimi Barbour
- The Look of Love (Mama’s Boys Book 1) by Crystal Bright
- Unexpected Beauty by Tara Sosa <— DOING HER BEST NOT TO FALL FOR THE BAD BOY ALERT!! “The more she wanted to be his friend, the more attractive and determined he was. The more she wanted something more with him, the more he challenged her to take a chance…” BUT… “When she finally accepts what’s happening between them the unexpected happens … and changes everything.“
- No-One Ever Has Sex in the Suburbs: A Brand New Very Funny Romantic Novel by Tracy Bloom
- Reconstructed: Building a Hero (Book 1): (A Billionaire Superhero Romance) by Tasha Black
- HIS TOUCH (The Surrender Series, Novella, One) by Karen Fenech
- Blood & Ink by Randall Silvis
- Point of No Return by Olivia Luck <— SHE LOST HER HUSBAND (the love of her life) “…he loved me just as wildly as I loved him.Until one cruel night he was stolen from me. Then I had nothing but a vicious battle ahead of me. It’s a struggle so treacherous, I’m not sure if I’ll make it out with my heart in tact. But on the other side of that brutal war waits the most wondrous prize. Will I allow myself to move forward?“
- Together Apart by Natalie K Martin
- Anything for a Cowboy (NotMy1stRodeo.com) by Jenna Bayley-Burke
- Not My 1st Rodeo by Donna Alward and Sarah M. Anderson and Jenna Bayley-Burke
- What We’ll Leave Behind (Thirty-Eight) by Len Webster and Mickey Reed
- Heated Competition by Caroline Bradley
- Sunsets and New Beginnings (A Heaven’s Beach Love Story Book 1) by Teri Riggs
- Reconstructing Roman (Colorado Dreams and Desires Book 3) by Sandra S. Kerns and Joy A. Clintsman
- All That Lies Broken (Ashmore’s Folly Book 2) by by Lindsey Forrest and Robin Ludwig Design
- Gypsy Beach: A Gypsy Beach Novel by by Jillian Neal
- Take Two: That’s Entertainment: Book 1 by Christine Harvey
- Riley (The Kendall Family Series Book 3) by Randi Everheart
- That Chesapeake Summer (Chesapeake Diaries Book 9) by Mariah Stewart
- Adapting Desires (Endangered Heart Series Book 3) by Amanda Lance
- Four Nights to Forever (Snowdance Novels Book 1) by Jennifer Lohmann
- Brokenhearted: A Novel <— SHE DONATES HER HUSBAND’S HEART ALERT!!
- Bengal’s Quest (Breed Book 30) by Lora Leigh
- A Dangerous Fury (The Sentinel Demons Book 3) by J. S. Scott
- Havoc and Hell: A Dragon’s Prize (Ethereal Foes) by Marie Harte
- Branded (Ash and Flames Book 1) by Ana J. Phoenix
- Trailer Park Fae (Gallow and Ragged) by Lilith Saintcrow <— SOUNDS AWESOME!! HE’S HALF HUMAN & a construction worker… “Jeremiah Gallow is just another construction worker, and that’s the way he likes it. He’s left his past behind, but some things cannot be erased. Like the tattoos on his arms that transform into a weapon, or that he was once closer to the Queen of Summer than any half-human should be. Now the half-sidhe all in Summer once feared is dragged back into the world of enchantment, danger, and fickle fae – by a woman who looks uncannily like his dead wife…“
- Soul Scorched: Part 3 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- There’s Something About Werewolves (Seven Brides for Seven Shifters) by Thalia Eames
- At the Heart of the Deep: A Falling in Deep Collection Novella (The Orotavan Mermaid Tales Book 1) by Carrie L. Wells
- Wicked Luck by Shannon Maynard <— SOUNDS CRAZY & SCARY! CANNIBALS!! “For the past three years, Dax has been stranded on Lamarai Island with his stepsister and two tribes of cannibals. But now a beautiful girl named Ava has washed up on shore. After secretly reading her journal, he believes she is a perfect match to the girl of his dreams.”
- Claiming Charity (GenTech Rebellion Book 3) by Ann Gimpel
- Under an Onyx Sky (Elemental Enchanters Series Book 4) by Carrigan Richards
- Sins of Yesterday (Sinners and Saints) by Rosalie Stanton
- Dying to Date (Entangled Covet) (Fated Match) by Victoria Davies
- Sins of the Innocent: A Novella by Jamie McGuire – June 28th 2015
- Priest: A Love Story by Sierra Simone – expected release June 29th 2015
- Breaking Stars: The Celebrity Series by J. Sterling – expected release June 29th 2015
- When You’re Back: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 12) by Abbi Glines – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Better When He’s Brave: A Welcome to the Point Novel by Jay Crownover – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Ride Steady (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Insider (Exodus End World Tour Book 1) by Olivia Cunning – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Violent Things (Chaos & Ruin Book 1) by Callie Hart – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Sweet Sinful Nights by Lauren Blakely – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Burned by Darkness (Dragons of Eternity Book 1) by Alexandra Ivy – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Hard to Let Go: A Hard Ink Novel by Laura Kaye – expected release date June 30th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
You have me dying to read The Ground Rules. 🙂
I finally had the chance to start listening to Grey today since I had to do some driving. I was right, the narrator is making it interesting for me. Love his voice.
This list is completely overwhelming me!! Yeah, I really want to read Ground Rules now too Fabi!
Flawed Heart, Othello Station, Sloth, and Point of No Return are what initially jump out for me (And some of them seem like “Amy books with ugly cries”…..she must be wearing off on me because i normally wouldn’t go for that)!!!! And I swore I wasn’t going to buy any more books this week! It’s just impossible not to!
So, am i the only one that is scared of Ground Rules?
Nope. I won’t even touch it. That trailer park Fae has me giggling at the name alone though.
Started True North and not what I expected. Not fully feeling the whole “he’s a rockstar” thing, but loving the story.
Oh no bev, I’m scared too. Especially since I usually stay away from all books with cheating but I guess this isn’t really cheating?????? I know it will give me pains in my stomach and the only other books that really did that were the Thoughtless series…..
Thanks so much for including me on your list!!!
What to do? I really really really want to one click Sloth but I think I told myself (and my husband) I would stop. About a year ago I only bought a book when I was going to read it…There was nothing on my Kindle I hadn’t read…and then I starting watching this blog and the Bargains…I am all about a sale and now I have about 100 unread books….Should I do it anyways? Hmm…Yeah probably! 🙂
Very cool to know Fabi!! Maybe I’ll listen to it… before bedtime. 😉
Jean SLOTH is my biggest surprise-looking stand-out on this one!! I’m SO curious about where THAT one is going…
bev don’t be scared!!!! Er… or maybe. Maybe be scared. LOL! 😛
Tessa YES!! And Trailer Park Fae also is one that has me giggling. I bet it’s going to be awesome…
Jean… The Ground Rules does give you some of those Thoughtless tummy aches & butterflies. 😉
My pleasure Bethany!! 😀
LOL Nicole!!! We are right there with you… we’re a bunch of ebook-hoarders.
I’m staying away from The Ground Rules for now…although I loved your video mini-review on it Maryse!!! It was awesome!! You definitely need to keep doing those!!
I’m reading Sloth next…there is a Kellan in it Marse 😉
Maryse***** stupid keyboard..grrrrr 🙂
Well Sloth sounds JUST right for me… keep us up to date Niki with that one, please.
And thank you for the video encouragement. I sure love doing ’em, so I think I will continue!!
I am tempted to shake things up. But have two i need to tackle & the KA comes out next week. So would probably be the beginning of July if I do. I’m worried I’ll turn into a ranty mcranterson.
I saw a discussion on best albums so far since half way through the year. I think my top favorites so far are E&P, ViS, Station Eleven, & Kulti. I know I have a couple more, but what I could think of off the top of my head not looking at list.
Ah man! You had to go and throw in some half-Fae guy in there, didn’t you? I’m such a sucker for the Fae!!!! And she looks like his dead wife? Rut Roh! Now I’m even more interested in Trailer Park Fae (HAHAHA on that title too). You know it’s going to have a great first line, Bev.
I have to pick up Lora Leigh’s Breeds #30, because I read all other 29…. sheesh…. those sexy shifters never get old with Lora Leigh!
And I am sure I’ll be picking up The ground Rules since it is getting 5 stars from you (you haven’t let me down yet with your 5 star books).
OMG – I just went to buy Bengal’s Quest (Breeds #30) and it’s Gideon’s book, aka, Graeme!!!! Just wanted to throw that out there for any fan of this series. I have sooooooo been looking forward to his book. He’s so mysterious! yay….. except it’s eleven books for the Kindle version…. boo…
I’ve come close a dozen times in the past week…..but I’m afraid to read it too. I’m just weird about cheating…can’t stand it when a book starts to head in that direction.
Yes, MichelleS. Share about Hawaii. Are you going to read the new KA, chaos book?
Lauren I get you. There have been two that I liked but for the most part stay far away. Just my sympathy goes to the hurt one. Plus I’ve seen the devastation and incredible hurt this causes in real life.
At the same time curious cause so many five stars and wonder why, you know? Is it the ride your taken on, is it that it says something that resonates, the style and structure? Just curious, lol.
Girls!! Read THE GROUND RULES!! I promise every negative or nervous thought you’re feeling is way worse in your head than how it plays out in the book. It’s so good. I had butterflies the entire story.
Lauren – I agree, but I may cave and read it anyway. My fear is that it will spark the same kind of reaction that 50 Shades did: usually vanilla people trying to be kinky – and now, usually vanilla people trying to be swingers? AND, I don’t ever want to have the conversation with my husband, or anyone of my friends, even for fun, about who we’d pick – because that would hurt my feelings…. you think so-and-so is hot? I never knew!!! .
Bev – yes, definitely getting KA’s new one when it comes out. Looking forward to it. Wished it was out earlier, would have been a good Hawaii read.
Speaking of Hawaii – it was awesome. Such perfect weather. That water must be fake, it’s so unbelievably blue and aqua. Anyhoo – got hardly any reading done. Started, but abandoned, Love in Rewind (sorry for whoever loves that book – I really really tried, I promise). Read Serpent of Time #2 (love that series – Michelle recommended it – it’s fantastic). Started Downside Ghosts #2, still need to finish that one. Read The Pact, and loved that one. And E&P was in my queue – but I needed something steamy at the time (on the beach) and I assumed that wouldn’t fit the bill.
Wow!… so many people are afraid of THe Ground Rules! It’s really not as kinky as it appears… lol!
THanks again Maryse for the shout-out and youTube video review…. I LOVED ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it!!!… so funny!
God… I NEED to read this SLOTH book… looks fantastic!! … and Priest! too many books!
Don’t go getting all comfy reading. Don’t you have some writing to do? *wink* I heard Maryse mention book 2 in her video. *hugz* I can’t wait to read Ground Rules.
You guys it’s not “kinky” like that. They don’t have orgies and group sex or anything like that… it’s not “erotica”…
They just… date each other (and stuff) separately (with permission)… without details so as not to cause jealousy… but feelings (good & bad) still come into play… of course. 🙂
For me it’s not the kink that scares me, lol. If it was straight up erotica *shrug* no problem.
It’s the crossing the line into feelings that bothers me. The part outside the mutual ok.
Has anyone here watched Scandal? So Melly is completely unsympathetic and yet totally want her to kick Liv & Fitz a$$, lol.
Where is Amy? This is so her catnip, lol.
I know, right? She would LOVE this book!
I think I’m posting this everywhere today! I read Sloth and it’s SOOOO good! I loved it!!
Reading Landline. The heroine just found out from her daughter that the ringtone her husband has for her is Good Day Sunshine.
She says,”That’s a good song.”
And I think, oh, yes, yes it is, lol.
I have sweet tea all over my iPad screen thanks to your video. 😛 That book…THAT BOOK is SOOOOOOOO my catnip!!!!! Definitely my next read, but you are gonna owe me a Dirty Swingers drink when I freak the freak out because I don’t have book 2 ready and waiting for me. And you know I WILL freak out. And just so you can get the drink ready for me…
Holy freaking YUM!!!!!
I woke up with a migraine (migraines can suck it, by the way) and my meds knocked my butt out for most of the day, so now I’m really behind on my work and can’t get back to Mason and Sam and Logan until late tonight. *pouting* But as soon as I’m done with FFD I’m gonna be all over Ground Rules!!!! Yay me!!! 😀
*giggle* I’m wearing off on you, Jean? My work here is done. *bows*
On second thought, I may have to put off my Mason time to finish putting my books on GR…y’all need to start borrowing from me as soon as it’s done so I can feel less guilty about having them all and then I can one-click MORE from that list up there!!
Loved your video review Maryse. You almost have me reading The Ground Rules, even though I’m trying to wait until it is complete.
*scrolls up to see comments by Roya Carmen… *waves at Roya* do you have a tentative timeline for books 2 and 3? 😉
Tessa, I’m reading True North now too. I’m loving the story and Trevor too, even though there’s minimal rock star/concert interaction. Hey there’s even a Kellan in it too!!! Haven’t decided if I’m going to start book 2 or read something else.
Sloth sounds really good!
Ok… So I’m waffling on Ground Rules or Sloth or Meet Me in the Dark… sell me, oh marvelous peanut gallery on which one should get my…readership 😉
Ok Roya, I downloaded the sample so we will see…. Starting Sloth now!!!
Awww Amy migraines suck donkey balls. Glad you’re feeling better. 🙂
Amy, migraine s do suck. Glad you are feeling better.
MichelleS, I have the worst book memory ever. Even books I adore and re-read I have to look up names and titles, lol.
I’m still tempted but rarely seem to keep up with a trilogy.
Awww Amy, hope you’re back to 100% by tomorrow. Glad you have something to take for those. Migraines are viscious.
I’m still reading FFD. I’m not very far into it yet. For me its a slow start like book 3 was. But 3 took off after the halfway mark and became a crazy rollercoaster, so I still have high hopes for 4.
*hugs* Sorry about the migraine day. I’ve seen the results and can’t imagine.
Cheryl, somehow this Kellen isn’t the same. 😛 I love him though. I wish we had more of him, actually. I agree on not much rock experience. That part is a huge disappointment. Usually, that normally kills the story for me, but in this case, the whole story was so sweet, I’m okay with it. Besides, my rocker need will probably be fulfilled with Insider. Olivia Cunning knows how to right a rock experience!
Ground Rules is dating each other? I could handle that. (oh, boy angst!) Actual swinging and passing back and forth, can’t.
I just looked(stalked) Maryse’s fb update. And no. Agree with Sadie, you definitely want to read Gone Girl before the movie. Way more impact in the book. Though you’ll definitely want Amy’s hair in the movie, lol.
You know what thriller type movie i remember creeping me out? Rear Window. One little scene I remember in particular. I should watch again see if it still does.
Hmm. I just love the way she writes.
“Neal didn’t take Georgie’s breath away. Maybe the opposite. But that was okay–that was really good, actually, to be near someone who filled your lungs with air.”
Meet me in the Dark is worth your time, Grey 😉 I’m also planning to read both Sloth and Ground Rules. But now I’m reading KING and it’s AWESOME 🙂 I will recommend KING over Meet me in the Dark, because it’s more up my alley. But if you like monsters you should go for the dark one 😉
SLOTH is amazing. It’s smoking hot, and Cleo is so strong & independent, you will adore her. Kellan’s secrets keep the tension in this book like walking a tightrope — you just can’t.stop.reading.
Any idea when the two books for Ground Rules is coming out? I heard its a trilogy. So, so good!! We needed a new plot line and something keeping us on our toes and it got me out of my book funk!
I absolutely loved ‘ The Ground Rules’ , it’s so well written and girls there is nothing to be scared of. I can’t wait for the second book to come out.
25% in ‘Sloth’ really loving this one as well, it’s all mysterious still but am hoping that it all start to make sense soon.
OMG – you guys….. YOU GUYS…… I decided to go ahead and go with Ground Rules, and not wait for Maryse’s review, based on her little video cheerleading alone. OMG. I stayed up until 3:00 trying to finish it because I couldn’t put it down. But my eyes were hurting so so bad. I had to go to sleep. Now I have about an hour left and I have a “do not disturb” sign out (figuratively speaking). This book is so good. Don’t be afraid. It’s not weird or kinky or anything. Just constant butterflies in my stomach!!! YAY!!!
MichelleS, your going to have me one clicking. But again not scared of the kink, more will i sympathize with the hero & heroine. Are they hurting others, espc with kids, lol.
Guess I’ll have to take plunge and find out.
Yeah im scared of the ground rules too!
Michelle I totally love the breeds it’s been a while since I read them mind you but what I really want is cassie’s book! Do you think her mystery guy is dog?
I’m in a funk I don’t know what to read so I ready KA’s chaos again now I don’t know what I feel like!! Help me! I have so much on my tbr but I keep looking at it and thinking meh
Ok – add me to the list that is scared of The Ground Rules. Also, I’m not sure about SLOTH? I need more confirmations!
I was on vacay last week and spent a week lying on the beach reading! Read 5 books and liked them all! I read Grey (loved it! 5 stars – especially liked where it left off at the end; I hope she does more), Big Little Lies (4.5 stars; loved the characters and totally didn’t figure out who got murdered before the end), All Played Out (4 stars; enjoyable & sweet – a great addition to the series), Sweet Ache – Driven #6 (4 stars – hot chemistry!), and Isla and the Happily Ever After (4.5 stars – thoroughly enjoyed!).
Now what to read next? I’m thinking Rock the Heart, Thoughtful, Sweet Filthy Boy, The Librarian Principle or Blood & Roses. Any thoughts??
Fabi, I am also listening to Grey and loving the narrator…Was just curious after reading the book and now hooked on the audio… ha!!! Ladies, the audio is so much better… Sexy voice… 🙂 I didn’t see the movie and hadn’t read the books in years so forgot just how much Christian pulls at my heart strings…
I vote Sweet, Filthy Boy just because I want to know how it is. 🙂
Finished Endgame, Night School series. It needed 50 more pages. Bow tie ending.
Sloth is good so far 33% in!!
I found a good looking new release Pulse by Liv Hayes…has the word forbidden in the blurb;) also Wicked Ride by Rebecca Zanetti sound good!
Just finished KING! OMG!!! What am I suppose to do now??! I LOVED it, but I desperately need more! <3 *Goingbatshitcrazy* I guess I have to start reading Ground Rules.. 😉
I’m reading again. 😀
“When I wake up on Sunday mornings—late, you always let me sleep in—I come looking for you, and your in the backyard with dirt on your knees and two little girls spinning around you in perfect orbit. And you put their hair in pigtails, and you let them wear whatever madness they want, and Alice planted a fruit cocktail tree, and Noomi ate a butterfly, and they look like me because they’re round and golden, but they glow for you.”
Margaret, the narrator makes Grey for me. I was even going to skip the book since I didn’t much like Christian in that first one. But once I heard who the narrator was I couldn’t resist. I mean, Christian, with a sexy voice? Yeah, I’m all over that one. It’ll take me a while to get through it though since I only listen while I’m driving.
Aw, thanks for caring ladies. Migraines DO suck donkey balls (Cheryl, that’s one of my favorite phrases!) but the meds I have work wonderfully.
Question for those who have read Sloth…is it a male-only POV or dual POV?
Laura…*scoffs* Aren’t you supposed to be finishing the Pierced series? Hmmmmm??? Yeah, that’s what I thought. 😛
Grey…I haven’t read any of those, but I never turn down a chance to throw peanuts!! And since Ground Rules seems to be getting a bunch of love right now… *throws Ground Rules peanut at Grey* Oh, Sloth is getting some love too! *throws Sloth peanut* Wait, also King!! *throws King peanut* Did ya see Marit’s reaction?
Bev is back to reading!!! YAY!!!! 😀 Was startin’ to worry there for a bit… 😉
Jean, where are you? @74% FFD the twist with the BFFs? WTH?
Amy, did you bail on us and FFD?
That was good.
Really really good.
Just read the blurb for her new book coming in Oct. Oh, yeah definitely reading that.
Now i need to read Fangirl,and will have read all of hers.
You know, I had to go back and look which twist you were talking about. Yeah, that one was very interesting, 🙂
Aww Bev! That’s awesome. I love when people find a great author.
Amy, it’s a dual pov… Happy to hear you are feeling better:)
Oh, Tessa. I just love the way she writes. Which is good cause all of her stories have totally different setups.
She does great dialogue, funny.
One review i read said of Landline it made her cry. It didn’t hit me that way, wondering because not married. So maybe some of the little moments didn’t carry the same weight.
But did laugh, lol.
Now going to start my first Susanna Kearsley. Have heard a lot of positives, so am excited. Has anyone read her?
Fabi, I’m only at 60%.
I think I’m going to read Sloth, it’s the only book right now that isn’t part of a series that isn’t complete yet. or maybe The Offer.
I did read on the author’s site that the Ground Rules trilogy is already written, it’s now up to the publisher when book 2 & 3 will be released.
Thank you Niki!! 😀 That one might be next for me after Grind Rules.
Nope Fabi, I didn’t bail on you guys…just been busy playing catch-up after yesterday. I’ll be able to get some reading time in tonight! 😉
Oh FFS…GROUND Rules. *eyeroll*
@93% 🙁 waaaaa I don’t want this to end.
I know! I totally know! See why I said Logan will tug at your heart?
Guess what I/m having for dinner tonight Bev and Amy? Crow. That’s right, I am eating so much crow right now it’s not even funny. I just finished Eleanor and Park. Just knowing that this book sat on my Kindle, unread for months…. ….. man, that was so good.
I am giving it 4.5 stars – the ONLY thing keeping it from 5 stars is the ending. I needed just a wee bit more. Maybe an epilogue? Something. Just something!!! So sweet. So good. Just a great reading experience, you know? You guys were so right.
Oh yeah, he’s had it since book 1. I just hate when I get to the last book in a series. It’s like saying goodbye to some great friends you’ll never see again. I was so sad when Lux was over last year.
MichelleS, LMAO. I got stuck on your first two sentences. I was like, “You ate WHAT??!!”
And telling Amy & I because of The Others.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it.
And, whoa, that was fast reading. Weren’t you up all night reading The Ground Rules?
Bev – yes, I was (up all night reading Ground Rules). I’m home from vacation and NOW I’m finding all the good stuff? I told everyone I was recovering from vacation and just needed a day to relax, but the truth is I couldn’t stop reading E&P once I started. It was just that good. Why didn’t she give us a little more at the end??? WHY?
LOL MichelleS!!!!! That was great!!
And I still have that recipe for a crow cocktail if you want something to wash your CROW down!
Fabi…did you ever read the Lux bonus scene which takes place a little while after the end of the last book? Soooo sweet! Oh, and this…
https://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/oblivion/ *happy Daemon dance*
Lol, I was ok with it. It fit the book and Park’s reaction was great. Saying that, if she wanted to give us more I’d do a happy dance all over my house.
She has said that she wanted to write a sequel right off, but it was put off. I think she said something like her editor said it would be like she wrote her own fanfic, lol.
And now the book is so big, its hard to live up to it.
Or goodbye until probably the end of the year. She’s writing the fifth one as we speak, so I’m not too worried about waiting for a long time.
I felt that way after the other Jennifer Armentrout series, Covenant series. Gah, I adored everything, especially Seth. I actually liked that one more than Lux, though Lux was super awesome. Still, more Daemon is always welcome. 🙂 Oooh, and the last of the Dark Elements series is next month! *jumps for joy* Yeah!
Fabi, do you still like Adam?
Tessa, is that the last book?? ‘Cause I’ve been wanting to read that series but her CH’s ’bout made me lose my head with the Covenant and Lux series. If you look on her website, there are several Covenant extras…ya know, in case you need an Aiden fix. Which I definitely do from time to time. 😉
OMG guys…okay, okay, sorry for another posting another link but I came across this on GR when I was *supposed* to be adding books to my profile but then got distracted. Anyways, I thought y’all would find it pretty funny considering the “scene” includes Edward, Travis and Christian.
Amy, that was hilarious!! 😉
It’s the last, yep! That’s why I’m excited. You know she wrote good men when she couldn’t even decide who to pick as the one she ends up with. I couldn’t either! I literally didn’t vote because I liked both guys equally.
That review is awesome. I love Edward’s reason for being there. lol
I keep forgetting there’s extra stuff on her website. Thanks Amy.
Tessa, yes I love Adam but he really wasn’t a part of this book. I feel so bad for him. Like he was nothing more than the author’s punching bag. Of course, I love Logan too. And Mason, of course he’s awesome. *sigh* as much as I hate to, I have to finish this last 5% tonight.
But on the bright side, tomorrow I get to start SoT. 🙂
Warning: SoT causes book fog!
I just went to Tijan’s facebook page and she had a Logan POV up. If nothing else, it shows how the Adam thing didn’t start with Sam. There’s more story there, though I’ve no idea what it is.
Logan is evil in his thinking, you all know that? https://www.facebook.com/TijansBooks/posts/471949076288642:0
Fabi, I sometimes get upset when there are characters that are always dumped on and/or in the wrong.
Edith Crawley from Downton Abbey. Barbara Havers from the Inspector Lynley novels both come to mind. I want them both to get a little happiness.
EC: I really shouldn’t be here. I’m perfect just the way I am.
CG: No, YOU are here because you are a hundred-year-old virgin.
Thank you for the link Tessa. That was a treat.
Oh and thank you for the warning of SoT. I have a busy day today so I better wait to start it tonight. Books have been known to distract me from work on occasion. (understatement of the year)
Amy, that review was hilariously perfect. Only a group like this one would get all the references. Thanks for linking that.
I don’t know how you ladies always find such cool things on the Internet. Every time I search for anything I end up spending hours reading tangents until I look up and realize I forgot to look for what I needed. I think it’s some sort of reading ADD. No ceral box is safe around me.
Started reading Sloth, just not getting into this story right now, which is disappointing because I know a few of you have commented about how great it is. *sure it’s just me or wait maybe Amy rubbed off on me* 😉
Now reading the sample of The Offer- I do love Karine Halle.
That script was great Amy!
So I think I am slow reading FFD because I don’t want it to end. I’m at 85%! I love Logan! His sense of humor and wiseass comments crack me up every time! Hope to finish at lunch and then will be dying for the next book. Tessa/Fabi, is there a CH? I hope not!
Fabi, can’t wait for you to start SoT!! I am either going to start Ground Rules, Beat, Rocker Who Hates Me or Blood & Roses series……yeah, I don’t know what the heck I’m reading next….. I miss Logan already and haven’t even finished the book yet….. Sigh….
You ladies are making me want to finish FCH series. Bumping it up.
30 year anniversary of Back to the Future? I’m old.
Triple digits over the weekend. Tall cold drinks, air conditioner, and books. This is my plan.
” I lost my only sister in the last days of November.”
–The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
Jean, I felt exactly the same way when I got close to the end. 🙁
So glad I had I had my next read lined up, else I’m sure I would have headed into a slump.
I need to get back to Blood and Roses too. I really like that series.
Oh bev, that first line sounds so sad!!!
It does. That makes me want to avoid the book.
Six foster homes in one year had to be some kind of record.
Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon
Lol, I’m only a few pages in, so can’t say much, but I like it’s voice so far. The blurb on the front says,”..she could write the modern Rebecca.” That is how it “sounds” to me.
Bev – Susanna Kearsley – I think I got the sample for Winter Sea, but didn’t purchase it. It was when I was in the mood for Outlander and Gabaldon hadn’t put out a new book yet. Is that the one you are reading? Let me know if it’s worth a second look!
Hmmm yeah ok Amy I am supposed to be reading the rest of pierced but!!!! I am reading lawes justice lora Leigh because I realised I haven’t read from then onwards in the breeds!! And they are steamy hot books you know so I have my fan handy!
MichelleS, Its the Rose Garden. It’ll be a couple hours until i can sit back down again with it but will let you know.
“Live with no regrets.”
The Offer by Karina Halle.
Not a bad motto to have. 😉
I can’t post my first line today ’cause it’s from Fallen Fourth Down and would be spoilery. 😕
But hey, I’ve got something for y’all…have you ever known anyone who has managed to get a horrid sunburn on their t!ts after visiting a tanning salon for the first time in about 10 years? No?
Well, now you can say you have.
“*sure it’s just me or wait maybe Amy rubbed off on me*” <——– HEY! You say it like it's a bad thing, Cheryl. *pblttttt*
Finished FFD!!!! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!! Thanks for the rec guys! OK, so when is the next book coming out?????
Okay, so first line Thursday:
“Wanna f*@k?” Beat by Vi Keeland
(For some reason, my first lines are always sexual… Lol!)
I decided to go with Beat since Throb is still fresh in my mind and I loved Flynn in the first book! And I need to prep myself for Ground Rules…….
…and sexual first lines are a bad thing? *snicker*
No you can’t post the first line of FFD Amy! I was going to because I just finished it today but when I saw what it was, I was like “uh no”…..
Ugh Amy, sunburn from tanning salon? Ouch!! You need an aloe rubdown from your hubby!
Amy, those things are dangerous.
Aloe! Tons of aloe. Those things HURT!
Jean, if you look, Tijan puts up little sneak previews of her book. RIght now, she’s saying before the end of June, she’ll have a cover. So… hopefully before 2016?
I know, ladies! My friend had a free pass where she goes, and I haven’t gone to one for about 10 years (and even then it was not often). I figured one time is no big deal but didn’t think about how my girls haven’t been exposed to UV rays in a looooooong time.
No burns anywhere else. I’m a freaking idiot. *snort* And no way would I let hubby near them right now, even to rub on some aloe. He might get ideas and that is NOT happening today. 😉
Have I said how much I love Logan? Well, I do. *sigh*
Amy never said it was a bad thing!!! 😉 Kinda like the flu that was going around, I think I have the book flu, finding it difficult to settle on the right read.
And yes I have had my tits burned in a tanning salon, the really sad part was I was trying to get some “color” so I wouldn’t look so washed out in my wedding dress. Yeh, good times.
*looking at my previous post* Amy, I meant the rubbing off comment not the burned tits!! Not sure that was entirely clear!!
Awww Jean I loved Beat!! 🙂
Cheryl, I am loving it already and I’m only at 10%!!
Amy, yay, Team Logan! I can’t resist him!!!! Did you finish?
Finished Beautiful Demon. I thought I’d read that series before I started the NA series. Pretty okay so far. *shrugs* I have a feeling the NA will be better.
Alright, I’m torn. I went to the library and had FIVE books on hold waiting. Why the capitals? The list!
Lady of Light and Shadows by CL Wilson
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
God Save the Queen by Kate Locke
Desert Spear by Peter V. Brett
Add to that, I got Shadowfae randomly by Erica Hayes. What am I supposed to read first?
Seriously though, its actually a fast read.
So I mentioned last week or so a book I’ve tried to read like three times. And had me thinking what i think is the “hardest” book was that I’ve read and finished. I tried Joyce once, like two pages, lol.
But for me i think it would be Moby Dick.
What do you guys think was yours?
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. OMG, that book was BAD. I had to read it for Freshmen English in high school and that beat out a lot of horrible books I had to read for school.
Tessa: you can guess what I would pick, right? Lady of Light & Shadows, of course!!!!
Bev: I tried to read The Sun Also Rises, by Hemingway… I tried… Couldn’t do it. I guess I have no taste?
Moby Dick for me too Bev. I’ve tried and tried but cannot get through it. I’ve read a lot of classics but that one defeats me.
Ooohhh Tessa, you’re going to continue with The Demon Cycle series. I’m just tickled pink.
Amy, ouch, ouch ouch. And those burns sting so bad. No hug for you, just arms length sympathy.
Jean, I’m jealous. I want to read Throb and Beat.
I have to go pick up The Sea of Tranquility from the library tomorrow. I didn’t get home from work early enough today. We still have roads blocked off due to flooding because, even though the rain let up, all the lakes are overflowing.
Fabi & MichelleS, be safe.
Fabi it really became a chore, not sure why I finished. And all I really remember of it is the slog it turned into,lol.
I have not read Great Expectations or The Sun Also Rises—–do not tell me what this says about my taste, lol.
With Dickens I did really enjoy David Copperfield & the Christmas Carol.
Oh, MichelleS, I just saw a positive early review of Ride Steady. Kinda super excited.
Bev, Dante’s Inferno for me.
Cheryl, I’ve read Dante’s Inferno several times. It’s probably my second favorite next to Pygmalion. (not counting the sci fi classics). (Or the Greek ones). Ugh, I just have too many favorite books. I confuse even myself at times.
Several times, Fabi? Whoa. That one was only because it was required reading and I never went on to read the rest of the Divine Comedy.
I confess, Lady of Light and Shadows won solely based on my mood. I stared at them all in bafflement for a long while.
I like other Dickens story. Just not that one. It’s especially bad in my opinion. Bev, for your taste, it means you are lucky and avoided bad stuff. This beats out Walden’s Pond, which was a HUGE second place. (He hates society, and leaves for a cabin on a lake. Realizes that he made a path to the pond and hates himself. Leaves. There, now you don’t need to read it.)
Tessa, that made me laugh!
I think I got pathway through the first chapter. It seemed like one I “should” like, you know. I always thought maybe try again someday…now I don’t need to, lol.
Nope. There are those who tell me he had an enlightenment on human nature and civilization. *shrugs* I just think the guy is mental.
the closest i’ve come to Hemminway is The Paris Wife which was decent, other than that i read Wuthering Heights last year which was really tough (they say ‘ejaculate’ when they blurt something out and they ejaculated a lot in that book)
omg Tessa you cracked me up with Waldwn’s Pond! I’m not sure I’d call it one of my favorites, but it was one that stuck with me.
It did me too! Just not in a way I expected. 😛
Diane M, OMG. I didn’t notice that when I read it I think senior year of high school? That’s funny and oh so wrong!
It was weird!
Fabi & Tessa, this is why I need you to walk me through the first Lymond novel, lol.
Diane, I have to admit I never really understood the fascination with Wuthering Heights. Jane Eyre, this I love. I really liked The Tenant of Wildfell Hall,too.
Cheryl knows my pain!! *fist bumps Cheryl*
Okay guys, I finished loading my books on GR. You know that nifty little tool to transfer books from Amazon? It didn’t load all my books ’cause it’s a jerk so I had to manually enter about, oh, an a$$load!
My username is Amy_NM…will you be my friend?!?!? *snort* Seriously though, just let me know you’re from here when you send me the request (I *think* you can do that?) so that I know it’s not just some random person from GR who adds anybody and everybody. Uhhh, no offense if any of you do that… *cringes* I’m sooooo excited to be able to share my books with you guys!!! 😀
I read Sloth in 2 days. Was in a total book haze and am now in a book hangover. It gutted me. There’s no better explanation. I highly recommend it!
Oh, and that doesn’t include the 500 or so books on my Nook, which is where I began my reading frenzy and has all my “early” books like BD, Thoughtless, etc. I’ll have to enter the lendable ones from there manually. When I have a spare couple of hours. 😉
Jean, I’m still working on FFD…I’m at about 20% because I haven’t had a whole lot of reading time the last couple of days, and I want to be able to DEVOUR it whole so I’m waiting until I can sit and do nothing but read for a nice stretch, most likely tomorrow…yay me!!
Another one for Sloth…and it has the word gutted attached to it!! It may have been said before and I forgot, but is Sloth a standalone?
I just finished King. Been marathon reading. Could not put it down. 5 stars for me. Reminds me of exactly how I felt when I first read M. Sheehan’s Undeniable, except more, I think. When is book two coming out already? He’s bad. bad. bad. bad. And she’s lost. lost. lost. lost. And they just EXPLODE when they are together. You just have to read it. AMY – this is your book for sure. Gritty, but awesome.
Oh – and I tried to put the first line (prologue) for first line Thursday, but it was so so bad – so I skipped ahead to chapter one – and it was just as bad, so I just said, forget this! It was “King”, BTW….. lordy, that was a doozy. My head is still spinning and my heart is racing.
MichelleS, you are on a roll! I was tempted by King, but M. Sheehan I do in small doses. Not sure I’ll even finish that series. Too dark for my romance reading, lol. That first book? When the heroine and her bff run off to his compound? I just kept thinking your young, free, very rich bf, and your going to flirt with a dirty old man. Run to Paris or Scotland or Prague. Lol. Or if you have to chase a man around pick a rock star at least they are contributing something beautiful to the world. Oh and if i was her “friend” and what happened? Umm nooooo. I don’t care what excuses they gave her. Ok rant over. Sorry, lol.
Agreed on Wuthering heights and Undeniable Bev! But I loved Dark light of day so I’ll read King when Tyrant comes out
MichelleS you are making me want to squirrel from my TBR and read King!!!
So, after spending the last week with Logan from Fallen Crest series and now Flynn from Beat……sigh….I am in book boyfriend heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!
MichelleS, I’d heard King had a huge cliffhanger?
Jean, so do you think Throb should be read before Beat?
Amy, I’ll send you a friend request.
Amy, Sloth is standalone. And yes, I’m gutted. Still recovering. But in a good way. I just can’t stop thinking about it. It’s the kind of book that unfolds in so many layers. Also, the sex is HOT!
Sloth was absolutely fantastic!!! Best book I’ve read in a longgggg time. I laughed, cried, and wanted to pull my hair out! Could not put it down!!!!!!
YES FABI! Definitely read Throb before Beat because that is where you are first introduced to Flynn…….I am loving him hard!!! Lol!!!
Damn, now Sloth is making me squirrelly too…….
King has a huge CH????? Whaaat?
Sent Amy, though you can’t say who you are. (I tried) Honestly, if you have more than one with my name, wow. 😛
Still reading Lady of Light and Shadows. Ugh, my tummy twists every time I see bad things happening. I keep wanting to yell at the characters on who to trust or stop being a greedy, power hungry jerk. Yep, it’s that good.
Amy I sent you a friend request on GR!!
Squirreling my peanuts from the gallery **hides nuts***…. errrr, ummm, Never mind, you guys know what I mean.
I decided to go with The Ground Rules… I think I’ll take Amy’s suggestion and go with King next, or Meet Me in the Dark… or maybe Sloth… aw sh*t… I’m so glad that I’m off for the summer, I can read and write to my hearts content LOL!
Yay!! I have friends on GR! *giggle* I’m such a dork but whatever…you guys get it. 😉
Grey, I can’t wait to get to all three of those…Sloth, Ground Rules and King! I can’t believe I’m actually starting to read and/or contemplate reading books with possible CHs. 😕
Yay Amy, you have friends! Lol!
Seriously, I’m struggling with which of those three books to read next after Beat. There are so many great reviews for all of them. I might have to draw from a hat or meeny, miny moe….. having problems deciding.
I’m a bit of a goodreads virgin, dont know how to work it… (where’d that dirty thought come from *shrug*) or I’d be your friend too 🙂
Whoa Amy, we have 223 books I’m common and I don’t even have all of mine uploaded on GR.
Grey, it’s actually pretty easy to sign up on GR, and I would love to add you! And if you don’t know how to work it then we have some books that can help you out there. *snicker*
Fabi, I’ll add my Nook books next and then I’m sure that number will go up!
You need to upload more books then! I already have 307 in common with you Fabi. 😀 I didn’t know you needed to add more. I do too, but darn if that’d take forever.
178 books in common with Fabi, 257 with Tessa and 423 books with Amy!
So, I just received an email from Leylah Attar, author of 53 Letters For My Lover and From His Lips (SO GREAT if you haven’t read them) and she has a new book coming out August 4th called The Paper Swan!!!! Check it out on GR…. sounds like one of our kinds of books!
Jean, isn’t the FCH series great?? Maybe one of these days you’ll believe me about SGT. Oh, wait…you have to have OTHER people recommend it as well before you’ll read something I rec’d. 😛 Come on ladies, help me out here!!
Awesome Jean. Thanks for the heads up.
I’ll try to get more books uploaded in the next couple of days. I kind of quit doing that with ones sitting in my tbr that I haven’t read yet, but its getting out of control big and will take forever if I don’t get on it soon.
*whooping* Look at those numbers!!!
We have 423 in common? And you still won’t pick up SGT, Jean? Yes, you are my target today. 😉
And I will check out Paper Swan ’cause I loved 53 Letters!
Awww Amy, does that mean you are reading Surviving Raine next? Haha! Yeah, I didn’t think so……
I do want to read it, its just other new releases keep getting in the way!
But yes, loved FCH series so much!
Oooooh, you brat!! 😛
Grrrr grrrr grrrr I just went by the library to my on hold copy of SoT and they said oh no it’s checked out till 7-5. Huh? They couldn’t update their db so I could have seen that online? I really do NOT have a good library here. I’m always so jealous of those of you who pick up piles of books from your library. This one has nothing current in print or eBook.
Wait, so you had it on hold, and rather than hold it, they just gave it to someone else to check out? That’s kinda messed up.
I think maybe it was already checked out but when I looked at the online catalogue from home it looked like it was on the shelf.
I have a goodreads account… just haven’t really used it much LOL! Is there a “Maryse peanut gallergy group”??
Finished The Ground Rules… wow, I couldn’t put it down. And it was such a cliffhanger. Gah! I love them, but hate them. Can’t wait to see where it all goes from here.
I’ve got King queued up on my kindle next. Anyone else still going to read?
Not me Grey. I’ve added Ground Rules, Sloth and King to my tbr but I won’t read them until the series is complete. I can’t even describe how much I hate cliffhangers.