Pretty BIG list today. Over 80+ brand new releases and I highlighted a bunch that made my eyes bug out! I dunno what my next read will be, but there are plenty here to tempt me (let alone the last two lists of never-before-heard of by me, goodies that have me excited)! But here are a few of the highlights that I’m exceptionally intrigued by on THIS list.
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE (Wednesday May 27th 2015)!!An entire series has been put on super-sale!! I just heard about how great this series was, and now book #5 will be out soon, so #1 & #2 have been bundled for a rock bottom price today and #3 & #4 were also just put on super-sale!! And our very own LisaS loves it!!
“Lisa S: Ditching The Dream by Author Isabelle Peterson features the bold Elizabeth, a 40+ y/o neglected housewife who ditches her husband to be independent for the first time in NYC. She meets alpha male Jack Stevens and hot Kevin Parker. The sequel is Not In My Wildest Dreams. Loved both.”
- Ditching the Dream & Not In My Wildest Dreams: The Dream Series Books 1 & 2
- Chasing the Dream: Dream Series, Book 3
- Unexpected Dreams: Dream Series, Book 4
And here are the ones on THIS list that are extra-exciting me…
Like… Consolation (THAT blurb + THOSE reviews + book #2 – Conviction – releasing tomorrow, also? YEAH 😀 I gotta!! ), and The Other Man (one of my favs, R.K. Lilley’s latest release) and Irrevocable (I LOVE me some Evan Arden bad-ass, but I have to catch up on a book or two in this series before I jump into this latest), and 21 Stolen Kisses (sounds like PURE forbidden… and I don’t know how exactly, but that blurb TOTALLY gave me a blurb jolt <— I think this will be my next!!) and Veiled Obsession (her husband has gone BAD… and this one scares me big time!) and Tell Me coming out in just two days… and this one is all sorts of forbidden romance-angst too. They all sound so amazing. And don’t even get me started on Beautiful Sacrifice (one of the Maddox twins!!! coming out on Sunday). *sighhhhhh* Travis….
And of those of you that missed my latest review, it was a 5 STAR rating to one of my favorite authors, Book Review – Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid but it’s not out until July, so I posted it in the pre-orders below.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AUDIOBOOK RELEASES PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal ————->
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Easy Love by Kristen Proby
- Chasing Claire: Hells Saints Motorcycle Club by Paula Marinaro
- Rock Hard: Rock Kiss, Book 2 by Nalini Singh
- Dearest Rogue by Elizabeth Hoyt
- Searching for Beautiful by Jennifer Probst
- Consumed by Fire: Fire by Anne Stuart
- Shadow Hunt by L.L. Rand
- Full Contact: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston
- Fear of Falling (Fearless series Book 1) by S.L. Jennings <— ON SUPER-SALE ’cause book #2 was just released, below!
- Consolation (Book One in the Consolation Duet) by Corrinne Michals <— A TON… AND I MEAN A TONNNNNN of awesome reviews and book #2 will be out tomorrow!! 😀 (I posted it below in the pre-orders). WHOA!!!!! “Liam wasn’t supposed to be my happily ever after. He wasn’t even on my radar. He was my husband’s best friend — forbidden.”
- Bridenapped: The Alpha Chronicles by Georgette St. Clair <— RECENT RELEASE/SUPER-BARGAIN and the law says they can just “take” the bride of their choice. ” …the law is still on the books, and quite enforceable. And even worse, the sexy new Alpha of the Verhold Pack has the nerve to stake his claim – on the one human in Lakeville who has reason to loathe him the most…“
- Badass: A Stepbrother SEAL Romance <— Tee hee!! Okay I knowwww, I knowwwwww the “stepbrother book craze” is way over the top right now, but this one has a bunch of great reviews, is at a rock bottom price, and he’s a Navy Seal. 😉 “…He’s a jackass. A bad boy. An arrogant, womanizing, patronizing, Harley-riding jerk. A one-night stand. One night of the most incredible sex I’ve ever had. Shane is trained to kill with his bare hands in 300 different ways—and he knows 300 ways to f**k me, too. Now my father is engaged to his mother. And we’re heading to Mexico for the wedding. He’s threatening to ruin their big day if I don’t surrender to his demands…“
- When Darkness Ends (Guardians of Eternity Book 12) by Alexandra Ivy
- Never More (The Gray Court) by Dana Marie Bell <— “Now that he’s seen her in person, he’s certain. She is his truebond, though it will take a delicate, feather-light touch to bring her into his world…”
- Hades: A Demonica Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Larissa Ione
- A Leopard’s Path (Ashwood Falls Book 5) by Lia Davis
- Shifting Destinies: A Paranormal Interracial Story (HIdden Hills Shifters Book 3) by Vella Day
- Up in a Blaze (Texas Vampire Rangers Book 3) by Alice Brown
- Embracing Her Love (Anamchara Book 3) by Lynne St. James
- Beauty & the Beast: Some Gave All by Nancy Holder
- A Man of Character (Matters of Love Book 1) by Margaret Locke
- Beauty (Tales from the Kingdoms Book 3) by Sarah Pinborough
- Saving Evangeline by Nancee Cain <— SOUNDS SO GOOD! Everyone in her town thinks she killed her boyfriend, and now she’s alone… and an angel is sent to help her (although he can’t reveal his true identity)… “Forced together on a cross-country trip, a forbidden romance ignites and love unfolds. A host of heavenly messengers try to intervene, but Remiel and Evangeline are headed on a collision course to disaster. Will his love save her, or will they both be lost forever?“
- Dash (Recast) by Yolanda Sfetsos
- Shadow Unit Box Set by Tigris Eden
- The Medium Path by Elizabeth Davies
- Give Up The Ghost (Entangled Covet) (Phantoms) by Kelly Moran
- Mile Marker 59 by B.J. Betts
- Twists of Fate (Dukkha Fate Series Book 2) by Christina Ow
- The Other Man by R.K. Lilley <— It’s FINALLY LIVE ALERT!!! I waited all day yesterday for this one… 😀 She talked to me about it here in this video.
- Afraid to Fly (Fearless series Book 2) by S.L. Jennings <— It’s FINALLY LIVE ALERT!!!
- Rough (Chicago Underground Book 1) by Skye Warren <— I LOVE THIS AUTHOR and this one sounds so good!! “I’m a cautionary tale. A statistic. A victim. A single teenage mother from the poor part of town. Most of the time I’m too busy working and struggling to care what people think. Survival doesn’t come easy. I have a dark secret, a pressure valve, a rare moment just for myself. On these nights I visit a club. There I find men who give me what I need. Men who aren’t afraid to take what they want…“
- While We Waited (The Reed Brothers Series Book 8) by Tammy Falkner! (series reading order)
- REVELRY (Taint Book 1) by Carmen Jenner <— ROCK STAR ALERT! “Between the parties with rock royalty, booze, groupies and performing to crowds of thousands with his band Taint, life seems pretty sweet. There’s just one thing missing: the feisty little red-head that took his baby and ran off with his heart. Throwing himself into music is the only thing keeping him sane. Until a run-in with a nonplussed, package-wielding PA throws everything off balance.“
- Behind Your Back by Chelsea M Cameron <— At a rock bottom price! He’s up to no good… “To get to him, I need to use her.I’ll play her like a violin and have her falling in love with me before she even knows what’s happening.It will be easy. I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again…“
- Irrevocable (Evan Arden Book 5) by Shay Savage <— EVAN ARDEN!!! I love this series!
- Falling Hard: Bad Boys Undercover by HelenKay Dimon
- Searching for Beautiful (Searching For series Book 3) by Jennifer Probst <— RUNAWAY BRIDE ALERT/BEST FRIENDS!! And her guy best-friend is there to help her pick up the pieces… “When Wolfe catches his best friend falling out a window on her wedding day, he doesn’t ask questions. He whisks her away, determined to watch over her and discover the truth behind her desperate escape.“
- Ultraviolet: A Novel by Jessica Sorensen
- Breaking Noah by Missy Johnson & Ashley Suzanne
- The Illusion of Annabella by Jessica Sorensen
- Something Wicked by Teresa Mummert
- Against the Tide (The Brodies Of Alaska Book 3) by Kat Martin
- Somewhere, My Love: An inspirational romance novella collection about taking a leap of faith for love. . . by Susan May Warren
- 21 Stolen Kisses by Lauren Blakely <— WHOA. THIS ONE ALERT!! FORBIDDEN ROMANCE!! “…the one man I’ve always wanted, is also the only guy I absolutely can’t have… And he wants me just as fiercely. “
- Cold Fear (Cold Justice Book 4) by Toni Anderson
- Red Hot Bikers, Rock Stars, and Bad Boys (11 Contemporary Romance Books by Bestselling Authors) by Cassia Leo, Chelle Bliss, Julia Kent, Deanna Roy, Blair Babylon, Olivia Rigal, Sarah M. Cradit, Daizie Draper, V. J. Chambers, Amber Lin, Shari Slade, JC Andrijeski <— ROCK BOTTOM PRICE ANTHOLOGYjust for a limited time and over 1500 pages of bad boys!!
- Hidden Devotion (The Trinity Masters Book 5) by Lila Dubois
- Texas Tough (The Tylers of Texas) by Janet Dailey
- Delivered Fast (Portland Heat) by Annabeth Albert <— M/M ROMANCE!
- Northland (The North Novels Book 2) by Cara Dee <— M/M ROMANCE!
- The List by Kate L. Mary <— BEST FRIENDS & BOTH INTO HER...
- Sea Glass Sunrise (The Brides Of Blueberry Cove Book 1) by Donna Kauffman
- Consumed by Fire (The Fire Series) by Anne Stuart
- unDefeated: Spencer and Olivia (Wayward Fighters Book 3) by J.C. Valentine
- Rebel Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles Book 3) by Laura Wright
- Just One Taste (Pine Mountain) by Kimberly Kincaid
- Boots and the Bachelor (Ugly Stick Saloon) by Myla Jackson
- Havoc Series Box Set by Autumn Grey <— THE WHOLE SERIES BUNDLED!!! (rock bottom price!) “After a painful divorce, she finds herself in Paris on a working holiday, hopeful that this will be the opportunity she has been waiting for. She intends to have fun and maybe find someone to flirt with; someone who will show her a good time, treat her right. What she does not expect to find is Remington St. Germain and his adorable son, Adrien…“
- Baby Momma Drama (A Man’s World Series Book 3) by Carl Weber
- Mackie’s Men by Lynn Ray Lewis
- Love Always, Damian (Love Always Series Book 2) by D. Nichole King
- Once Upon a Summertime (Follow Your Heart Book #1): A New York City Romance by Melody Carlson
- Under the Lights (A Boys of Fall Novel Book 1) by Shannon Stacey <— SPORTS STAR ALERT! “...he starts falling for the last person he should—Coach’s gorgeous daughter…“
- Hope In Every Raindrop by Wesley Banks
- These Are the Moments by Jenny Bravo
- Uncaged Love: The Boxed Set by J.J. Knight <— FIGHTER SERIES BUNDLED! MMA FIGHTER TRAINS HER! “When Colt witnesses Jo’s raw fighting talent during a brawl with street thugs, he knows she has what it takes to win in the cage.”
- A Life of Inches by Douglas Esper
- Self Destruct (Destroy Series Book 1) by K.D. Carla
- Forever Dom (Private Delights Book 6) by Lavender Daye
- Flipped! (A Spinning Hills Romance) by Ines Saint
- Secret Brother (The Diaries series Book 3) by V.C. Andrews <— V.C. ANDREWS ALERT!! “A young boy suffers amnesia from a trauma he suffered in what feels like must have been another life. He’s adopted into a wealthy family—but what will happen when he learns the truth about his past?”
- Cherry Lane (A Cavanaugh Island Novel Book 5) by Rochelle Alers
- Play Me by Kailey Hart
- Shades of White by Ki-Ela
- Stardust (The Starlight Trilogy #3) by Alexandra Richland
- Color Me Crazy (Entangled Select Contemporary) by Carol Pavliska <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! “Cleo is determined to keep things strictly professional – until Julian turns out to be every dream she’s ever chased. When he risks it all to hit the road with a band again, Cleo fears he’ll return as the one thing she can no longer abide – a rockstar…“
- Rules of the Game: A Stardust, Texas Novel (Stardust, Texas series Book 2) by Lori Wilde
- Leap of Faith (La Flor Series Book 1) by M.L. Rodriguez <— SHE LOST THE LOVE OF HER LIFE ALERT!! “At twenty-five, I was left a widow, pregnant, and mother of two…“
- Family Trees by Kerstin March
- Any Way You Dream It: An Upper Crust Novel – Book 2 by Monique McDonell <— FAKE FIANCE ALERT!!
- Kissing Mr. Wrong (Entangled Lovestruck) (Wrong Man) by Kerri Carpenter
- Absolutely True Lies: A Novel by Rachel Stuhler <— SHE GETS A JOB WRITING THE MEMOIRS OF A POPSTAR…”…and soon realizes that the young celebrity’s squeaky-clean image is purely a work of fiction…”… “As Holly struggles to write a flattering portrait of a teenage millionaire who only eats “nightshades” and treats her employees like slaves, Daisy has a public meltdown—and suddenly, her book is the cornerstone of resurrecting her image. But working at all hours trailing a pop star has taken its toll, and Holly must decide if becoming the ultimate insider is worth losing a starring role in her own life…“
- Indecent Exposure by Faye Avalon
- Last of the Red-Hot Riders: A Hell’s Outlaws Novel by Tina Leonard <— RODEO RIDER ALERT!!!
- No Better Man (Heart of the Rockies) by Sarah Richardson
- Rescuing the Bad Boy (Second Chance) by Jessica Lemmon
- Arctic: Book One: The Lite Series by H.L. Rasmussen
- The Hookup Hoax (Entangled Lovestruck) by Heather Thurmeier <— FAKE GIRLFRIEND ALERT! “Now he needs a girlfriend-for-hire. Someone he can trust. Someone he could never, ever fall for… Someone like his best friend’s sister.“
- The Jennifer Crusie Collection by Jennifer Cruisie <– SEVEN BOOK BUNDLE!!!
- Perfect Kiss (Hope Falls Book 9) by Melanie Shawn
- Skin Tight: Skin Deep #4 by J.M. Stone
- Veiled Obsession (His Agenda 1) by Dori Lavelle <— SOUNDS DARK/BAD HUSBAND ALERT!!! “From the outside my life is every woman’s dream. I’m married to Jude Macknight, a sexy multimillionaire who loves me…too much. Once upon a time, I loved him. But that love is dead. Unwilling to let me go, I’ve become his obsession. He will stop at nothing to make sure I remain in a marriage I no longer want, inside my gilded cage…“
- Torque (Jack ‘Em Up Book 2) by Shauna Allen <— TONS OF GREAT REVIEWS ALREADY ALERT!! “She gives me hope. But hope is a dangerous thing for a criminal like me. I am hopeless. Infinitely flawed. Tainted.“
- Conviction (Book Two in The Consolation Duet) by Corinne Michaels <— TOMORROW ALERT!!!!
- Tin by K.S. Thomas <— TOMORROW ALERT!!!! “I can’t feel. I don’t have a heart. Period. And it’s going to take more than following some magic yellow brick road to get me a new one. Even if that road does lead straight to Riker ~The only soul on earth who’s as close to being dead as I am… and brings me as close to being alive as I’ll ever be.“
- Tell Me by M. Jane Collette <— May 28th 2015 (YIKES!!! Look at this blurb… “Old friend. Oldest of friends. Favourite of ex-lovers. Married now, as am I. Both anchored in lives full of obligation, responsibility to others. Safe. What’s the harm? We’re neither one of us stupid enough to risk our marriages, our families, are real lives. Are we?”“
- Sneak Attack (Tapped Out Book 2) by Cari Quinn- May 29th 2015
- Beautiful Sacrifice: A Novel (Maddox Brothers Book 3) by Jamie McGuire – May 31st 2015
- Finders Keepers: A Novel by Stephen King <— June 2nd 2015 (GAH!! STEPHEN KING!!!)
- Amber to Ashes: Part One in the Torn Hearts Series (The Torn Heart Series) by Gail McHugh <— JUNE 9th 2015
- Fighting for Forever (The Fighting Series Book 6) by J.B. Salsbury <— June 23rd 2015
- Violent Things (Chaos & Ruin Book 1) by Callie Hart <— June 30th 2015
- Maybe in Another Life: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— July 7th 2015
This list is awesome! I’ve been waiting for this day especially While We Waited!! Love that series!
I tried the Belonging Duet by Corinne Michaels on Sunday. It didn’t work for me for some reason and turned into a skim read/dnf.
On June 2, Asking for It by Lilah Pace comes out. Really do not like the title but so much positive buzz I have to try it. Just hope it lives up to the hype.
Bev, weren’t we going to buddy read Asking for It???
Amazing list!! Thanks Maryse *hugs*
I started reading 21 Stolen Kisses and loving it! It’s such a beautiful story and quite unique. Its so romantic!
Okay lemme add asking for it!! 😀
Jean!!!! Yes, I’d love that. 😀
YAY Anne!! The that is my next one for sure. 😀
It’s definitely a new-release-Tuesday martini kind of day, especially if I want to survive all the adrenaline and anxiety I’m getting from the insane amount of blurb-jolt books that have come out over the last week. Are we in book heaven? Yeah, I think we’re in book heaven. 😉
What about martini heaven?? Which one today? I have peaches!! I wanna put peaches in a martini!
BAM!! Here ya go…
I have white peaches right now but no peach nectar, so what I’m going to do is puree the peaches in the food processor. Yay!!! Peach martinis for us tonight!! 😀
OMG! A must read I stumbled upon and I was HOOKED! The Broken Trilogy by J.L. Drake. Book 1 & 2 out now and book 3 due next week. I think I have a new BB. Cole Logan….mmmmm. Savior with a safe house and oh man the other guys, Mark and Keith and and and, oh the ultimate a$$ York! Scared, happy, sad, anxious, mad… I felt it all! ❤️Cole **SWOON**
OT question. But does anyone else feel the urge to cut their hair off around this time of year? My hair is not even that long but keep seeing these cute bobs. *sigh*
Oh Bev, I hacked mine to my shoulders not too long ago and still have yet to adjust to it. 😕 But I do understand that hair-cutting urge. Obviously. 😉
Who has read the Captive series by Erica Stevens? I just finished Broken, and that’s about what I feel like right now. My heart just took a serious beating. My chest hurts. I’ve got a lump in my throat. What. The. He!!. It is a prequel about Atticus (Braith’s abhorrent father… *sigh* Braith) but shouldn’t be read unless you’ve read the series because of spoilers, and she even says so in the blurb. Gah! I wasn’t expecting it to be THIS kind of read! *sniffle* But I loved it.
Jean…And After yet? Come on, I need someone to be melancholy with me right now!! *snort* Only here can we talk like that and others just get it. 😉
Hacked it off to your shoulders~ was it very long?
Mine is a bit past shoulder length. Grows very very slowly. Cut it above or bit shorter every couple years. Prob wait a bit longer until it feels too hot and heavy. And frizzy, lol.
*blinks* That list is insane. Revelry and Veiled Obsession are the two that have my interest the most. Oh, and Behind Your Back! That blurb sounds scary, though I always worry they won’t be too, erm, dark? You know, where you see the male POV, so suddenly you aren’t scared. *sighs*
I finished Malice and the second book, Avenge, by Amity Hope. It was extremely good and had me riveted through both. Now, just waiting for the third book to come out on the 29th… and money. *sighs*
Veiled Obsession… OMG does that look scary! Like super scary. I so want to read it, though I’m finishing the second book of that book I went insane over, Owned. Well, more like still just starting. (33%) It doesn’t have that gut wrenching feeling so far that Owned did. This seems almost like a healing book. They hinted at trouble coming, though!
Revelry, *grins* Rockstar book which I love and a prior girlfriend who ran off with their baby. Yeah!
Amy, I still have to read the third book of the Captive series. I loved the first two, but the third is slower. I’ll eventually have tears with you, promise!
Bev, I have done that whole CHOP thing. Thankfully, naturally curly hair, so it just fluffed and you couldn’t see the uneven ends. I get tempted, but then, I can’t put it up off my neck if I do! Maybe if I dye it lighter, I will. *grins*
Ooh, I totally used Kindle Unlimited and got Bridenapped. That looks pure fun. Also want Badass, for the same reason.
Wow. *blushes* Sorry about the um… insanity?
Tessa, we are hair twins, lol. Why it grows so slowly, cause it curls up.
TOO MANY GOOD BLURBS ALERT!! 😉 I do not even know where to start…eeny meeny miny moe…
Bev, I want to cut my hair short again. I got a really short pixish cut 2 years ago and it took a while to grow out so I want something in between but can’t decide on a cut yet.
Well, mine grows fast. I cut it to the neck, and less than a year later, it’s past my shoulders. *shrugs* Now those curls… They hate me! Though, maybe with strawberry blonde it’d look better? lol There’s my excuse to dye my hair. To make my curls better.
Moved Malice up my list Tessa thanks. I have Avenge too so it must have been free. A lot of her books I’ve gotten free once I just looked (I have like 7 of her books) so maybe if you wait and I keep an eye open, the third will end up a freebie.
Mine stretched straight gives me around 5 more inches.
Michelle, I wish I could do a pixie. I do not have the face or hair. I adore Carey Mulligan & Michelle Williams pixies.
Tessa, I wish mine grew that fast. Sometimes want to try long hair again but the wait. Strawberry blond is such a pretty color. I like the way the bayalage coloring looks, but I’m not an upkeep type, so rare highlights for me.
Exactly. Add to that, my hair is naturally a multitude of colors. I have random light blonde streaks, red highlighted browns, medium ash highlighted brown, and dark red brown. *rolls eyes* Thus why I haven’t dyed it yet. It would take bleaching it.
Michelle, definitely move them up in your TBR. I seriously loved them. I grabbed another one by her that’s free so I think I’m going to keep a look out for all of them. I got Avenge the last day it was on sale for 99 cents. *grins* It was well written and a twist on the whole witchcraft thing.
It was to about the middle of my back when I chopped it off. I used to have natural loose curls but over time that changed for whatever reason (hormones, overstyling, the sun not shining right *eyeroll*) and now I have that inbetween hair that is neither straight nor curly, and it takes me a stupid amount of time just to make it look presentable let alone actually styling or curling it. I chopped it off to make it easier but it *still* takes me a stupid amount of time!
Amy, that is a big chop. Hair definitely changes. I.think it sounds like you have beautiful waves. I love those little beachy like waves.
Tessa, it sounds like your color is already lovely.
*grins* Thanks. I just put a red dye on it about two weeks ago for fun. Except, I used the red blonde without bleach just to add shading so all are red shades, no ash. It’s already fading. lol
Amy, styling time? *looks at her pony tail* I hate using time on styling!
and ACK. I went to Goodreads to put in what happened, and I saw a HUGE spoiler. I am trying to read this, but darn it! Now the end is known, and I can’t stop thinking on how it ends.
Finished Anna and the French Kiss & Against the Dark. Liked them both. DNF for Belonging Duet. Now part way through Blood in the Fountain. Hopefully finish tomorrow. Taking some time to catch up on a tv show tonight.
Then thinking between The Parfait Knight or Slow and Steady Rush. Or a few others.*shrug*
Tessa, I remember the third Captive book slowed down a bit during some parts (except for when Aria was making a BIG decision *eeeep!*) but the ending! OMG! Freaking CH and I was freaking the freak out ’cause the fourth book wasn’t out yet. It’s one of those “oh sh!t, no no NO!” kind of CH.
And now Broken…”Sometimes I think that maybe one of these days I will wake up and you will not be the first thing on my mind. That day has not come yet.” I wasn’t expecting this level of heartache. And the last line before the epilogue…oh, my heart.
I’ve been growing my hair out, but it grows so slow. The good news is because it is fine it doesn’t take long to style it or it’s easy to put in a pony tail.
Still reading Carter Reed #2 and listening to Virtuous while I run. Both are ok.
Hehe, I wish I had beautiful waves. Try part of it hanging straight and the rest going in all kinds of crazy directions. 😉 I think I’m in love with Tessa’s hair color though!
*holds hand up to Cheryl and turns head away* Nope, don’t wanna hear it. So not fair. 😛
Awww! I’ll get to the third book. I so loved the first and second, that the slow down was a disappointment. However, I’m still only about uh… *goes to look* Yeah, I’m on chapter 2. Looking at it, I think I’ll read the last two chapters of Renegade, then go into Refugee.
Rofl My hair isn’t that interesting. It’s still brown. Just a very confused many shaded brown with funky blonde streaks of random.
“many shaded brown with funky blonde streaks of random”
If you could bottle that you’d be an overnight millionaire.
I lost all my natural shading when I went pixie a couple of years ago. I love the style but hate the uniform color now.
Tessa, your description reminded me of something. Phury. His hair.:-)
Hahaha I swear, I still see it as brown. *grins*
I’m so close to dnf’ing this one. It’s steam, steam, steam… steam. GAH!
Oh yeah Bev, I knew there was something familiar about that hair. 🙂
Phury has brown hair then. 😛
I want to chop my hair too. Mine grows fast so I don’t mind cutting it short. I want to dye it red too. I don’t know but redheads are kinda sexy and I want that ya know? Lol
So I finished 21 Stolen Kisses and loved it! The writing and story are so beautiful and poetic. Its a very romantic read.
I think I am starting Revelry next. Love me some rockstar romance!
Go red! That’s just fun, if nothing else. *grins* You have to tell me about Revelry when you are done. The whole rockstar thing. Oh, and if it really is a rockstar, or just he’s a rockstar, but they have a semi normal life.
Just finished 21 Kisses in one sitting! I thought it was great and ended just the way I had hoped!!
I just can’t seem to jump onboard the stepbrother train….that sounded kinda weird didn’t it? Anyway, I was actually going to read one but then had dinner at my dad’s….his wife’s son was there (yes, stepbrother….but we were adults when they married so it feels wrong to call him that) and, well….huh….how do I put this….he looks NOTHING like the stepbrothers in the books (I could never be that lucky)….and it soured me on the whole stepbrother craze.
All this talk about Phury and Tessa’s hair is making me squirrelly for some PNR or UF. This Sulfur Heights book is not doing it for me. Interesting enough idea, just the execution is off. I’m going to try to finish tonight, but I have been walking away, not a good sign.
Which ‘Malice” do I keep hearing about? There are dozens on amazon. The Faithful and the Fallen says it is a “dark epic fantasy” which totally sounds like my thing, but I am not thinking that the Malice you are all talking about, right?
You guys are all more brave than I am. I’m too chicken to chop my hair!
Amy, I read So Long Lollipops and loved it! Gave me a whole new perspective of you know who!!
Then I got a little sidetracked. Read Prick (loved it and the ending) and then an ARC I received a while ago, Sebastian’s Lady Spy (historical romance which isn’t really my norm). Then I read While We Waited in one sitting yesterday. Love this series so much!!! ¡
OK, back to And After….or maybe Irrevocable…..or…..yeah haven’t really decided yet.
As most of you know, I’ve never watched Walkind Dead (who’s Daryl?). Nor have I ever watched a zombie movie that I can recall. I’ve also been on a bit of a book slump. Maybe not a total slump, but definitely a coasting. So I asked for an ARC of a zombie book. Why not? It couldn’t really get worse for my reading trend right?
So I just finished an ARC that I believe comes out tomorrow. It’called Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews.
*new, official zombie fan here*
This was one of the most enjoyable books I’ve read in awhile. This story had a bit of everything in it. It was funny in places, had action & adventure, had a really sweet mm love story and had some hot, dirty sex scenes. I’ll be honest. I wasn’t 100% sure this plotline could be pulled off. I mean zombies AND shifters? Well my fears were for nothing. This author hit it out park.
I bought Revelry on a whim. Fingers crossed Anne reports back she liked it.
Tessa, Come Dancing by Leslie Wells. It definitely feels like they are rock stars. Its also only .99.
MichelleS, Have you read The Bastard by Inez Kelley? It was one I got and sure I’d read right then. But squirrel here. A review blog I read loved it. Fully plan on going back to it.
I know a lot of you on here are makeup shoppers but I’m happy because tomorrow hair product and soap shopping, lol. I love pretty smelling soaps and lotions, etc.
Plus just found a conditioner that I love and want to see if they have a deep conditioner(rare buy) and ran out of gel yesterday.
*shrug* treat for myself. This is my makeup sprees, lol.
*grins* You have to give brand types, Bev, so we know! Then again, I only use certain soaps, and rarely lotion, so anyone lucky enough to indulge I’m jealous of. I’ll look into Come Dancing. I just went through a whole bunch of emo poetry disguised as writing lyrics or “We went to the concert, which rocked, and then came home.” I kid you not. That was the “rockstar” moment.
MichelleS, Malice and Avenge are by Amity Hope. They are YA PNR (No NA really. I think she said that just in case the violence was too much? Not sure) The one you found sounds good though! Gotta love generic names. /sarcasm The price though. I wonder if my library has it.
Finished Claimed by M. Never. No where as good as Owned, but that’s because of the whole healing/ trust issues. Honestly, it took half the book before the H started acting like himself again. Now to find something else because that DEFINITELY wasn’t dark. I have Desolate by Ker Dukey. Anyone read that or know if it is as good as Empathy? It’s either that or buy Veiled Obsession. I’m not sure which.
Jean, I loved Prick. It was awesome. I have yet to read Tool though. I’m not sure if it’ll be as good or not.
Lauren, I totally get where you’re coming from. I can’t handle any where they are raised together. (Exception being Plausibility). That’s too weird for me.
I got Life of Anna part 3 on loan so I guess I’m going to dive back in to that madness. MishelleS did you read the third one?
I loved the 3rd book fabi. And the final book in the series makes it all worth it!
I know the stepbrother thing is getting a bit old. Personally, I would like to see more MILF books… Just my opinion.
It is. The Badass one just looks interesting at this point. But yeah, the stepbrother thing is like the bbw shifter books. Old and been done a billion times.
Lol Michelle F! I have to agree! I don’t always go for the stepbrother thing either. MILF sounds good to me! Haha!
Great list Maryse, thank you.
I got 21 Kisses, there is something about the guys POV that lures me in. And of course, I have a thing for forbidden romances, so I got Badass as well…
I am reading “Damaged,” HM Ward, so good. It’s laugh out funny….
Tessa, what is bbw shifter book?
Jean, I got sucked right in as soon as I started reading it. I swear that story has some kind of magical juju that sucks a reader into the dark pit of blackness.
It’s a paranormal shifter book where the heroine is always full figured, aka big beautiful woman/ bbw. Look up bbw or shifter and you’ll see a billion of them. The alpha bear, The bear and his bride. The lion and his mate… all sorts. My kindle keeps trying to recommend them, because I adore paranormal, but I’ve only gotten one, because my nephew went to hand my tablet to me and clicked it without me realizing it until it was too late.
Oh and they are usually erotica. Again, nothing against bbw, shifters or erotica, but there are SOOOOO many of them. More than step-brother books!
“Magical juju that sucks a reader into the dark pit of blackness”…… couldn’t have said better fabi!
I have to admit older woman/younger man does not really appeal to me. Sometimes it works, OTI, but usually I can not get over how annoying young men can be. Lol.
Fabi, I’m the biggest wimp ever. A lot of my WD watching involves peeking through my fingers and FF then Rewind, lol. Though now it is to the point that the humans are more frightening than the zombies. But if you like stories that take time to build and grow the characters, for better & worse, this does that. And if you like the made family trope, this is it, with the relationships built slow & true. And very interesting pair ups within that family, in a platonic way. The made family is total catnip for me.
I would love this set up and story building time for some of our type stories. Meaning more romance & hea/hfn.
Tessa, the last gel I used was Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Souffle. I liked it and will probably re buy, but may try something new. The conditioner is Acure clarifying conditioner. I use it daily for the past couple weeks. Just started leaving a little bit in. They carry it at a local store, so want to see what all they have.
A recent splurge because it was on sale for earth day and close to my bday was Osmia Organics body oil: light. The small bottle. It’s a bit pricey for my cheap self. Smells like lemongrass and a few drops before drying off goes along way. Though I still use too much. Had a different scent of theirs a couple years ago. My cheap version is usually coconut oil with eo mixed in.
Ok that’s my makeup talk, lol.
I had to DNF Desolate. It just went to dark for me to handle. Good story, but just too much for me. I still cheated and read the end, though. 🙂 Good and interesting ending. I just… can’t.
So, I went to open a happy book after that. This should have been a Thursday book! I said if I got a good first line, it wouldn’t be on a Thursday.
“Here’s some advice: when a gang of geriatric biker witches tells you they’ve cleared out all of the spells left at Big Nose Kate’s Biker Bar in 1977 – don’t believe them.”
The Last of the Demon Slayers, by Angie Fox
Hehehe Bev. I love your “make-up” talk. Especially since, if I use too much lotion, that just leads to break outs. My hair is Pantene Pro-V due to the twists? not really curls but banana curls. So I get all envious of people who can use the nice fancy stuff. *grins*
I’m also with you. Older women/ younger men doesn’t appeal to me. There have been rare exceptions, but in those, the older woman acts 20 and the younger man acts like he’s thirty something. 😛 No annoying hero syndrome. Heck, maybe that’s why I love Mason. He doesn’t act 19. He acts 35. lol
Just finished Worth the Trip, short novella to Fisher’s Light, and I cried like a baby! It was soooo good!!
I’m with ya’ll… older woman younger man thing doesn’t do it for me. Except for On the Island. Lone exception.
Bev – The Bastard – was a DNF for me about a year ago. Could have been my mood?
Fabi – Life of Anna – I need to revisit it so I can get to her HEA… just need to be in the right mood for that level of wicked. I finished 3 books so far. And since you may like Zombies now, did you read the Holy Trinity Series? It has some zombies, but it’s not the focus. It’s post-apocalyptic (of course, zombies) but it’s PNR too, or UF, or whatever we are calling it. So so good. Nothing else like it. Can’t compare it to anything. Amy will tell you, right Amy? Sooooo good.
It is good. I’ll put my two cents in about the Holy Trinity series. Loved it, though I’m STILL waiting for number three. *grins*
On Older/ younger, I was thinking of Noah. He definitely didn’t act younger.
Okay yes I’m so far behind in these comments, so mine is in reference to your comment WAYYYYY up there…
AGREED. I could do with less of the guy’s POV ’cause it eases my fear or anxiety or desperation… too much.
I LOVE not knowing what he thinks, ’cause in real life, we never TRULY know what he thinks, right?
bev… I’ve only ever cut my hair above the shoulders once. I really loved it.
I don’t know why I haven’t again (now I have super long hair and have for years). I guess I’m just afraid my cute “short do” was a fluke… and that the next will massacre it.
Maryse, you have great hair. I doubt it could ever look massacred, lol.
I have that boring, middle aged-mom hair (just below shoulders, some layers but not totally committed to that, with highlights and low-lights, and some bangs, but not totally committed to that either). It is not straight. And it’s not curly. It’s coarse and will hold any shape (scary perms once upon a time never came out, had to grow out). I wish I had a cool shorter do in a cool color. Not brave like that.
Okay bev and Amy and crew… here’s when I cut my hair:
I totally have in-between hair too. I used to have super-curl ringlets through my teens… then long loose shiny curl-waves in my twenties & early 30’s… and now. Yah. In between.
Those curls in my pics? Curling iron. ALWAYS. No matter what I do, i can’t get the naturals back.
Maryse, your baby face! Though seriously spill your secrets you do not look that different. The cut looks adorable.
My hair first grew in really curly, then fell out though also kept short. Then got curly again. I have heard many say same thing.
In curl “talk” it’s 3a botticeli curly. Very prone to frizz.
bev I avoid the sun at all cost. LOL! And lots of “Olay” and Kiehls…
But yeah… I’m very pale. I wanted to be tan. I tried tanning… all I got was itchy.
LOL!!! So I gave up.
And my hair, if not “styled” with some sort of heating device and products, is just a wavy frizzy mess. Some curls. Some waves. Some straights pieces. Nothing the way I want it. Choose already!!! LOL!! 😛
How cute was that? And therein lies the problem: being really short (I can relate) means you get a ton of “cute” comments anyway, so adding cute hair just makes it more of that. We can’t be called “sexy” until we get some long hair!!!
MichelleS have grey coming in and use highlights to blend. Thinking maybe low lights, never tried them. So kind of getting the mom hair.:-D
Only the fact it’s kind of has a mind of its own keeps it from being too respectable.
I love bangs just can’t really do them.
Maryse, cute, cute short cut. Looked great on you. But I agree with the other ladies, glorious hair like yours (with or without styling) should be kept long.
OMG, Bev, I wish my hair would curl like that. Mine is more riotous, except the weird front hair which are straight. You know, the ones you want curled the most? Yours sound pretty!
MichelleS, yes I read Holy Trinity last year. Awesome book!!! Can’t remember if it was you or Amy who recommended it to me. But definitely one of the great ones.
I gotta admit I’m still thinking of Kick of the Darkness. It was a five star for me. Maybe because of the humour. Not sure. But I thought the characters and pacing were perfect.
Maryse, that does look cute. I’d say do what you want and feel happy with. Short is fun, but if you love it long, keep it. Though, I can’t talk. Mine’s long right now. *grins*
Thank you guys!!! Yes… cute is my “word” LOL!!!
But I appreciate your suggestions to keep the length. Will do!! 😀 We should post more pics. 😀
Michelle S, if I was all cute and little and wavy haired I would do an Audrey Tautou type bob. So effortless and slightly mussed and French to me, lol.
Thanks, Tessa. But not, lol. It’s a mop and a mess that looks different day to day. As anyone with any curl or wave can relate to. Yes get the straight pieces that for me are usually frizzed out.
But you know took a looooong time to feel comfortable with it so now embrace it.
Though not long ago saw a girl with this perfectly straight sheet of long blonde hair. Looked like pantene commercial. And had that old tiny twinge of envy.
You guys are killing me. I’ve always had nothing but stick straight flat hair. Oh, the hours I’d spend on it in the 80s trying to get the “big hair”. I still shudder thinking about the hours of styling for a half hour of hold my hair would yield. Ugh ugh ugh. You ladies with curls and waves are so lucky.
Fabi, you probably have the hair I envied. Shiney and sleek while I looked like Roseanna Danna, lol. Pin straight is always the in hair, ok maybe not in the 80s.
Has anyone read Dark Current by Jacqueline Carey? I saw it mentioned recently. Too much $$ right now but I’m curious. I read, many moons ago, the first in her Kushiel series and I think a standalone.
I haven’t touched her stuff since reading Kushiel’s Dart. That was definitely not my thing.
I read a few of the Kushiel’s series but nothing since then.
…and straight hair didn’t really become a thing until the 90s at the earliest. My mom STILL perms her hair.
Maryse, I agree you looked adorable with short hair, it really brought out your eyes, but I like the long better!!
Amy, just saying I’d be ok with having to spend more time on my hair if it was thicker!! Not fair to be short and have fine hair!! :>
Omg, I can remember getting perms growing up-the smelly home one’s and also getting my hair cut short because “it would grow out thicker.” Uh, neither worked well for my hair.
Lol Fabi. Every salon used to smell like sperm solution.
I remember my mom telling me of getting odd looks because she fell asleep with braids and had to go out with crimped hair.I think late 60s maybe? The whole ironing your hair, or wrapping it to get it straight.
I don’t remember not liking kushiels dart. I don’t remember much. The back tattoos.
Omg my phone did Amy!!!!!
My phone that won’t say a$$ or hooker says sperm instead of perm. LMAO!
OMG!!!!!! Sperm solution?!?!? LOL!!!!!
*laughing and gasping for breath*
I can’t even… *snort* Okay, okay. *deep breath* I’m okay now.
Oh lord, I’ll be back in a minute…OMG!!!!
Could be good for the hair…protein and all, right??? *cackling*
Dang it I knew I should of stopped by the bathroom before coming back to read again.
Hahahaha – we’re on a roll ladies. Freudian slips right and left.
That solution occurs naturally when Amy throws things. But hopefully it doesn’t occur too often in salons. (hair salons)
I can’t believe it did that. My phone is a sweet innocent prude. It likes words like he’ll, shirt, nutella, and ponies.
Amy & Fabi ewww. *scrunched up face* remember the Something About Mary scene?
You ladies were chatty today and there’s so much to comment on!
Okay, here goes: Stepbrother books…no ick factor for me but there are too many out there right now, especially when a whole row of recs for me on Amazon is nothing but SB books. Older woman/younger man books…ehhhhh they’re okay for me as long as it isn’t more than 10 years difference (with the exception of OTI) ’cause the difference between a 20-something’s ripe guy body and a 30- or 40-something’s overripe lady body? *looks at own late 30-something body* Yeah…no. Just no. Dual POV books…used to *love* them but, like some of you said, it dampens the angst.
I totally saw SPERM and I was all… yeah… is THAT what it smelled like??!!
I had been contemplating that observation for a few minutes until you came back and said it was an autocorrect fail. LOL!!!!!!! 😛
Still though… is it far off?
OMG Fabi!!!! LOL!!!!!! And yes, I remember that scene from Something about Mary. *gag* Oh! Remember in Silence of the Lambs, when she is down in the prison area and it hits her in the face??? Ewwww!!! *retching*
“Is it far off?” Oh lord Maryse, you had to go there…if it ever smelled like perm solution then dude would need to get his a$$ to the urologist ASAP. Just sayin’. 😛
“Contemplating that observation” ~now I can’t breathe. Oh, my.
Heheheh you girls make me giggle so hard. I’m all alone in my living room… snorting. I think I scared my dog. 😛
hahahaha So much wrong in that, especially the something about Mary. Geesh.
Big question. Am I the only one who get the BBW shifter books as recommendations? I think about ten come out a month, at least.
Oh my god Maryse *contemplating that…* hahahahaha
Its so good of you to just roll with it knowing you have a bunch of loonies commenting on your blog.
Whatever gets posted, you just sit back, nod your head, and contemplate *yes, that could be* I can even see you twirl the ends of your hair with a thoughtful look on your face. 🙂
Tessa, I don’t know if you’re the “only” one, but I don’t get them. I didn’t even know what that meant.
Jean…(in answer from waaaaaayyyyy up there) so you pretty much have book ADD kicking in? That is seriously contagious around here. And I loved seeing what you-know-who went through in SLL. *oomph* Sorry, And After just kicked me in the chest again. 😉
Tessa and Fabi…Holy Trinity!!!!!! *whooping* We gotta get more ladies to read it! *oomph* Dangit! Another kick in the chest from book 2 of that series. Did you guys read the novella, The Lost Souls? If you didn’t then you need to ’cause there is some STUFF in it you won’t want to miss.
Cheryl…being short has it’s pros though. My hubby says that I couldn’t get away with being loud and hyper like I am if I wasn’t so short! *snort*
*snort* You’re cracking me up, Fabi. 😛
Maryse! Love the short hair with your face shape! I’m with everyone else though…don’t chop off the long locks. 😉 And I swear you were describing my hair…wringlets to loose curls to waves and now with a frizzy mind of it’s own. *sigh*
I think I’ll grow mine out again and start getting Pravana Perfection treatments again…absolutely amazing for frizzy or coarse or out of control hair, ladies!! 😀
Apparently I didn’t read Lost Souls. Who knew? I totally meant to!
Fabi, now I have that image in my head, lol.
Amy, I’ll cut my hair off but those treatments scare me. Either my hair will break or stay straight.Then I’ll have to actually style it, lol. I’m a scrunch gel in, plop, air dry. Very lazy.:-)The before and afters look beautiful though. Pantene hair.
Wow you guys are on a roll! Love it!
I cut my hair today 😀 I am now rocking a medium length bob (just above the shoulders) and loving it! I have naturally wavy hair so it looks really summery and fun! Next week I am going back to have it colored. Summer here I come lol
Lol at the sperm autocorrect! Those always crack me up!
I read Revelry and liked it! Just beware *spoiler* there’s a love triangle of sorts, so if that’s not your thing maybe this is not the book for you. It didn’t bother me though. Also it was a pretty hot! I give it a 3.50/5.
I think I am going to read The No Asshole Rule next.
First, awesome on the hair. It’s always fun to do different for the sake of different, isn’t it? *grins* Going red? And thank you on the Revelry info. I was looking at it, and bought it, especially with a triangle. Was it rockstar like,or just guys who say they are?
Amy, I was thinking the same thing, if spem smelled that strong then something is so wrong. Just saying perm smell is way worse than sperm smell. *as it should be* 😉
Still thinking about Worth the Trip today! Seriously, if any of you read Fisher’s Light, I hope you read this…… It was fantastic!!!!
Amy, started And After today…….
Nice, Anne. What color are you having done? I have never changed my color. Too chicken.
I’m not sure when I’ll do mine. But man it was hot on my neck yesterday, lol.
Tessa thanks! I love changing my hair 🙂 I think I am going with a blonde copper kinda color. Not straight up red but more like an Emma Stone kinda red.
Revelry was rockstar like. They are a signed band working on their second album. There’s the whole sex, drugs and rock n roll thing going on.
Bev I love changing my hair color. I’ve had it black, blonde and one time even pink lol. But I can totally understand it can be scary for some people. Its a big change! This time I am going for a red/copper color similar to Emma Stone’s hair 😀
I think bev recommended this one a while ago….. Home is Where You Are by Tessa Marie….. it’s on sale today for. 99$….I just 1-clicked it!
Have not read that one. But apparently bought it in Oct. Must of been on one of Maryse’s lists. 🙂
Amy, I totally get the change to different colors thing, though I’ve never done extreme colors. Wanted to, but haven’t. I just haven’t gotten the guts to bleach my hair for a real dye for what I want: strawberry blonde kind of like Nicole Kidman. I’m pale enough to pull it off. *grins*
First Line Thursday! I’m excited because I’m finishing the book I started yesterday (which was good, of course. The Biker Witch series is awesome for light paranormal fun.) For once, a decent first line! YEAH!
“Here’s some advice: when a gang of geriatric biker witches tells you they’ve cleared out all of the spells left at Big Nose Kate’s Biker Bar in 1977 – don’t believe them.”
The Last of the Demon Slayers, by Angie Fox
Tessa & Anne those are both beautiful colors.
Tessa, you got your first line!!! Whoot!
I have ten pages left in my book so will probably have 2 first lines today.
“The yahoos came by just after the dinner party broke up.” –A fountain Filled With Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming
Tessa, do it. I’m very brave with other people’s hair, lol.
But if it’s something you’ve wanted for awhile and it will grow out again. Just find a good colorist.
Woo-hoo Jean!! Keep me updated on And After. 😉 Hey, is Worth the Trip a novella or a full book? I remember Trip from Fisher’s Light…
Tessa and Anne…yay for red shades!! 😀 my hair used to have much more red in it from my Irish genes (not straight up red, more auburn) but it has faded a bit as I’ve gotten older. And I made the mistake of telling hubby about the title Dirty Red…one guess what he likes to call me now. 😐
First line Thursday!!
Recovered from the exertions of your wedding night, lover? And the honeymoon?
~ Tell Me by M. Jane Colette
Amy, it’s a novella but so worth the read! I can’t stop thinking about it! Trip is Fisher’s grandfather…… I know, I didn’t expect that, but Ahhhhh sooooo great!!!!!!
Tessa, I love your first line and Amy’s too!!!
My first line is boring today, but not the book!
“It’s still dark when I wake for my breakfast shift at the restaurant – that’s what we call the dining room area here at the farm”. And After, by Sarah Lyons Fleming
Oh wait, I thought Trip was the friend…now I really want to read it knowing it’s the grandfather! 😀
Amy, Tell Me’s blurb sounds interesting. How is it?
First line: “There’s a man watching you.” Tijan. Carter Reed 2
I have to share this. Here’s the first line from Irrevocable which I wanted to start…..”I’m f#%king annoyed.” Typical Evan Arden!!!!!!!
Yes Amy, the grandfather. It’s a quick read and I think you will love it!
Oooo Cheryl, I’m intrigued!
Yeah. I have a little red in my hair, but nothing extreme and in the fall, it gets more red. *shrugs* I just want something more than ashy, reddy brown-ish.
That book is done, and now, new first line. lol
“My version of the story goes all the way back to the once upon a time with the three little princesses, each more beautiful than the last.”
The Twelve Kingdoms: The Mark of Talia by Jeffe Kennedy
As far as first lines, not that bad.
*grins* I have to say, the other first lines got me onto Amazon so fast. I really got to get around to reading Carter Reed 2. I have it. I started, then got distracted. I can’t even say by what.
I just love red hair! I have green eyes so I think it’ll look good on me 😀 I am really excited about it!
First line: “How long would you pine for someone you loved?” Forever Branded- Jessa Eden
Loving all those first lines! My TBR pile is getting bigger and bigger 😉
My favorite redhead & redheaded moment.
Tessa, keep us updated on the Jeffe Kennedy. Recently heard Darynda Jones mention her so am curious.
Ok, I have two more line. Lol, sorry. I want to chose one of these as my next read just can not decide which one.
” “Abandon all hope ye who enter here,” Darcy Wilde intoned with the city limits sign in sight.” –Slow and Steady Rush by Laura Trentham
“The day was hot and the sky a vast, uncharted ocean of blue”—The Parfit Knight by Stella Riley.
Neither so great but one will be tonight’s read.
First, I’ve been eying slow and steady rush, but anyone who quotes Dante wins in my book. I’ll keep you updated on The Mark of Tala. (I misspelled it up there. 😛 ) It’s good to hear that Darynda Jones liked her. I just was browsing the Kindle Unlimited selection and poof, there it was.
I love green eyes. I’ve hazel eyes. The “tri-color” type. Yeah, my eyes followed my hair’s pattern and can’t choose a color. Shades of yellow and green. They are confused.
Oh Jean, I got Irrevocable on pre-order and its still sitting in my tbr. Awesome first line. Can’t wait to see how he gets out of the mess he’s made. I just adore Shay Savage. Just anything she writes I love.
I’m still finishing up Life of Anna part 3.
“It’s kinda early,” Ben commented as he and Anna rode the Sapphire’s elevator up to their floor together. “Do you want to come to my place for a bit? We could watch a movie or something.”
Embraced by Marissa Honeycutt
Such an innocuous first line for the kind of book it is. Sneaky, sneaky Ms. Honeycutt.
First line Thursday…. “She walked as she always walked in these dreams. Slowly.” The Secret (Irin Chronicles Book 1) by Elizabeth Hunter.
I am LOVING IT. I’m an idiot. Have had it on my Kindle for 2 months and held off. Why do I do this? It’s a series I love and an author I love. If you like well written urban fantasy, this is your book series. Really smart. Ahhhhh…. some good writing for a change. Anyone else reading Irin Chronicles?
Bev, my daughter has red hair. Its so unusual. It allways stands out.
Tessa you’re so funny describing your colouring. But it really sounds lovely.
PS. I don’t know why my new phone insists on the English spelling of words instead of the American like “coloring”. I have to fight it to spell American and it doesn’t seem worth the trouble since all of you will understand just fine in either spelling. Funny, but my new phone’s GPS also speaks European English, accent and all. Now, if it was a male voice instead of female I might feel like I hit the jackpot with this phone. 😉
MichelleS I’m putting Irin Chronicles on my wish list. Sounds good!
I meant to say Irin Chronicles Book THREE. And BTW, the first two were fantastic. Oh yay Fabi. I think you’ll like them. They are slow building and super smart. When I read The Others (WiR, etc) it reminded me of this series.
Oh Fabi – I just saw that book one is only 99 cents for a limited time. I’d pick that one up for sure, when the Urban Fantasy mood strikes you.
There I go, hogging the board…. sorry…
Fabi – my mom set her phone to a German keyboard so it wouldn’t keep correcting all her German words, but when she texts me it is so funny – because she does that in English. We get some doozies for auto-correct. Your phone must be set to Oxford English or something. LOL.
WIR comparison. Had to grab. Now when I will read it, who knows.
Libraries, return one pick up three. Lol.
I know, Fabi, Tessa’s coloring sounds great. I’m plain dish water, lol. Always thought Anne was silly to wish her red hair away. I’ve met a couple people with redheaded children that come from some Great or Great Great grandparents and a surprise to all.
I once accidentally had mine set to Spanish and german and was trying to text someone quickly to figure out bus stop. I was like what is going on.
I’d keep it Fabi. Nothing wrong with a little European flair.
I wish I was a natural redhead. My natural hair color is dark blonde *boring* lol
Tessa your eyes sound so interesting! Hazel eyes are so beautiful!
Another positive rec for Asking for It. Nice. Pre ordered and more than I’d usually pay for new to me author. Well I think New to me as apparently they’re using a pseudonym and already have books out.
Ok, I need to step away from the library. It’s only a stack of 4, so not too bad if don’t count the five at home, lol.
MichelleS you think I should go ahead and pick up book 1 while its 99 cents. I saw it was reduced earlier but didn’t know if/when the price would go up. Like WiR huh? Definitely sold now.
I was thinking that LoA3 was maybe not quite as bad as the previous two. Then…I read chapter 55. WHY am I reading this? I don’t even read thrillers or horror or watch any of that on TV or movies. WHY? Am I just looking for some sort of redemption for this poor broken girl? Is it that I want all those a$$holes to get what’s coming to them? I don’t know but as addicting as this story is it is very hard to read. The Tied Man has nothing on these books.
∆∆∆ sorry…had to vent
I’m going to agree with MichelleS. Irin Chronicles was sooo good. I read them a year or two? Ish? Awhile ago and loved it. I can see what she means by WIR feel. Both are more fantasy romance than anything. That’s also why I’m liking Mark of Tala so much. Pure fantasy romance.
Bev, Asking for It does seem insanely good, but I never trust the first reviews. I go by blurb, and that blurb… eep goodness.
Anne, I wish I had green like your eyes. Seriously. I got this weird mix of my parents on all coloring, so I get envious of bright eyes and especially red or blonde hair.
Fabi… *hugs* You’re braver than me. I read that beginning and said NOPE.
Cheryl…I didn’t get very far today with Don’t Tell so I can’t say yet, but I’ll let you know! 😀
Fabi – I loved Irin Chronicles, so at 99 cents, I’d say yes. I paid 5x that. Remember, this is E. Hunter – she wrote the Elemental Mysteries series… so it’s THAT level of writing.
Bev – very very much like WiR to me. I could make all the comparisons but don’t want to give anything away. Read no blurbs. Go in blind.
Tessa – did you read book three that came out in March? That’s the one I’m reading now. Took FOREVER to release book three. Probably why I was sitting on it.
Amy, why?? And After…oh my gosh, I just can’t… Had to put it down. Don’t know if I can continue.
Because I haven’t posted enough today, Im going to post a lot more.:-\
MichelleS, I didn’t read the blurb, lol. Just clicked over to amazon and hit buy based off price, comparison, and your enthusiasm.
Amy!!! Do a buddy read with Jean & I? C’Mon you scared and scarred us with TTT.
Tessa, those five star amazon reviews on the day of release always make me hesitate. Well, now they do. I first heard about it on a podcast when the editor(?) was talking it up. Then Jane Litte mentioned having read it. Then Scandal another book blogger read it early and one of her favorites for the month. And now one of the contributors at H&H picked it as her May favorite. I may not agree with them when I read it but not worried they are street team.
Oh sh!t Jean…you’re at THAT part. I’m choking up just thinking about it. 🙁 *sniffle* Need a snuggle? ‘Cause I need a snuggle just thinking about it. *snuggles up to Jean* I even have the manatee here. You gotta continue it! Michelle and I will get ya through it, m’kay?
Bev, what are we buddy reading???
Um, how was for sure going to read one of those books? Yeah, no. A couple months ago I had big plans to read Heart of the West and never got to it. Well, at library saw The Outsider and this time determined. Opened it on bus and was smiling like a loon all the way home.
The heroine, Rachel Yoder, is of the Plain People, recently widowed, & a mom to a young boy. Not first line but about her hair 😀 and bittersweet.
“She did her hair last. It was thick and long, curling down to her hips, and it had the color of polished mahogany. Or so the only man who’d ever seen it let down had once told her. A soft smile touched her lips at the memory. Polished mahogany, he had said. And this from the mouth of a man who’d been born into the Plain life and known no other, and surely never looked upon mahogany, polished or dull, in all of his days. Oh, Ben.”
If I love love love it as much as I did before I’m going to be non stop talking and quoting. Apologies in advance.
Amy, Asking for It by Lilah Price. Please? Jean will let you pet her hair.
Oh no Jean push on…I know it’s a gut punch but keep going! I promise it will be worth it in the end, although just thinking about that part chokes me up *snuggles in too*
MichelleS, I haven’t yet, nope. I didn’t even realize it was out. I saw you read them, and forgot I had been waiting forever for the third. I loved it though. I read it so long ago. Though, when I went to put it as to read on Goodreads, I accidentally pushed read. oops?
Bev, you asked, and that blurb made me say yes. *grins* That’s all I really need. Friend asking and good blurb. Heck, bad blurb but friend saying, no, really, it’s good, works too.
Like WiR! Who, what, where!
*scrolls up more* oh Irin Chronicles well I’ve had the first two books for a while now since I love E Hunter so that’s a HUGE shove to read them for me!
LOL Bev!! *snort* I don’t know if Jean is too terribly happy with me right now though. I’m reading Tell Me right now but how about after that?
Tessa!!!! Happy Dance!!
Amy, doesn’t come out until June 2nd.
A couple days ago a blog was talking about trusting someone’s recs even if not your reading twin. I thought of you ladies. Now I see what Jean’s rec has done to Fabi & Amy’s rec to Jean. And now my rec for buddy read, lol.
That should be Pace not Price.
Maryse is telling ghost stories. Though I think her misuse of mustard scares me more. =-O
Hahaha Bev “misuse of mustard”
Mustard is delicious!!!!
Finished Forever Branded and it ended with a CH. Thankfully it wasn’t a huge one but still I thought this was a standalone :/ I liked it although I wasn’t blown away. I will read book 2 cause I want to know how their story ends but overall it was a 3.5/5 read for me.
Amy and Michelle, I am devastated. Couldn’t even sleep last night…..sigh…pains n my stomach and an ache in my heart!!!!
I’m going to try to go back to it today, but……
Aw Jean, see why my heart STILL hurts months later? It’s a rough road to get there but I promise the series ends well!
Michelle?? Michelle!!! I need some help here! *grabs Jean* She’s trying to jump ship!! 😛
OK I’m going to trust you on this one and get back to it during my lunch hour. I just spent all morning crying to my coworkers…. they think I’m crazy!
Oh my goodness Jean! What are you reading again? You actually like those gut punch books so I need to know the title to make sure its not on my tbr. I would need psychotherapy to recover from reading what has you so emotional.
Fabi, And After, the second book to Until the End of The World.
Just finished Mark of Tala and I really liked it. It wasn’t unputdownable, but it was definitely interesting. The world building alone was good. I wish some of the characters were more fleshed out, but they were still interesting and fun. I guess number two is about the little sister. I’m gonna TBR that one since my mood for fantasy is done, but I really liked it enough to want to read number two.
Oh ok Jean. Thanks. I guess I’d seen you post the title several times but somehow I missed that it was the sequel. Those titles are deceiving (IMO). I would have been very tempted, especially by the first one.
Don’t let my angst scare you fabi, the books are really, really good, especially the character development!
Now THAT is a high-five-worthy snort. 😉
Is the Until the End of the World series a teen series? or adult? I can’t do teen post-apocalyptic angst! But adult…..
Haha Maryse! I can be sweet and fun!
MichelleS, no not teen at all. Heroine is about to turn 30. I really love the series!
Oh no I missed helping keep Jean on the ship but see ya kept at it without our assistance! YES though on character development, major yes especially with how somebody goes from me wanting to see them become zombie lunch to me gushing over them!
You should give the series a try, MichelleS! Fair warning though, book 2 is a game changer…it takes a turn that I don’t think any of us saw coming.
Bev I was going to jump on buddy reading with you, but then I noticed that there is a book 2 that doesn’t come out until Sept. I don’t do well with cliffhangers or waiting for the next book to come out. 😉
Ah, Cheryl. :-[ You know the waiting can be half the fun or we may not like the first at all.
Help, I need the name of the student teacher book , but it’s not black rainbow , the girl in it is just a young 18year old student , her teacher is just 7years older than her , I only read about it the other day .
Lorraine, I can’t remember the exact ages of the H and h in these books off the top of my head but I’ll throw them out there for you…Unteachable, Good, Veiled Innocence, The Force of Gravity, Drowning Instinct, Wilson Mooney series, Loving Mr. Daniels. Those are the ones I have read, and the h’s are all in high school.
The book you are looking for, is she in high school or college?