HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY & ELECTION DAY!! 😀
Okay, yes… it’s half the list it usually is (’cause well… ELECTIONS!!!) so I have a feeling that has a lot to do with the smaller number of releases today. I’m not sure how much reading will go on over the next day or so, but I know we’ll ALL be ready for a good read (and escape) very soon. Maybe even right now! While this list may be smaller, it has some goodies for sure!
P.S. I’m still adding the reader recommendations as we speak (I’ve had quite a few come my way over the last few days) so keep checking back.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Night School: A Jack Reacher Novel, Book 21 by Lee Child
- Leopard’s Fury by Christine Feehan
- Turbulent Desires: Billionaire Aviators by Melody Anne
- Someone to Love: A Westcott Novel, Book 1 by Mary Balogh
- One Snowy Night: A Heartbreaker Bay Christmas Novella by Jill Shalvis
- The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer
- Turbo Twenty-Three: A Stephanie Plum Novel, Book 23 by Janet Evanovich
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Willing Victim (Flynn and Laurel Book 1) by Cara McKenna <— CARA McKENNA ALERT!! HARDCORE & SOMEWHAT SHOCKING & I LOVED IT!!!! And Skye just found out it’s on super-bargain sale today!! (P.S. Here’s my review)
The re-release of Willing Victim is on sale… I’m so psyched for Brutal Game <3
- Kicked by Celia Aaron <— FOOTBALL PLAYER & HE BROKE HER HEART (and she’s on the team!) “I know the real him, the one who broke my heart and pretended I didn’t exist for the past two years. I’m the third-string kicker, the only woman on the team and nothing better than a mascot. Until I’m not. Until I get my chance to earn a full scholarship and join the team as first-string. The only way I’ll make the cut is to accept help from the one man I swore never to trust again.” (super-bargain priced today!)
- Mr. Perfect: A Mister Standalone (The Mister Series Book 1) by J.A. Huss <— J.A. HUSS ALERT!!! Book #1 is super-bargain priced today!!
Lisa M: Mr. Perfect & Mr. Romantic by J.A Huss!! Love this series. Apha males & bad boys my favs!!
- Safe With Me: A psychological thriller so tense it will take your breath away by K.L. Slater <— SHE’S A RECLUSE & NOW HAS HER CHANCE FOR REVENGE ALERT!!! “Anna lives a solitary existence, taking solace in order and routine. Her only friend is the lonely old lady next door. She doesn’t like to let people to get too close – she knows how much damage they can do. Then one ordinary day Anna witnesses a devastating road accident and recognises the driver as Carla, the woman who ruined her life all those years ago. Now it’s Anna’s chance to set things straight but her revenge needs to be executed carefully …” (sounds nerve-wracking, and it’s super-bargain priced today!)
- Written in the Scars by Adriana Locke <— SOUNDS SO SWEET & HEART-WRENCHING! “…When Ty shows back up with a new found determination to put his family back together, Elin’s torn between the fights of the past and the possibility of a new start. This is the man that holds her heart, the man she loves beyond anything else. But this is also the one person in the world that can cause her the most pain…” AND!!! Jenn LOVED it!
Penn: I just finished “Written In the Scars” by Adrian Locke-Beautifully written story and I was sucked in from the beginning-absolutely loved it!!!.
- HALO by R.C. Stephens <— HE LEAVES HER PREGNANT… and Jenn ALREADY recommends this one!
Jenn: Now I am reading “Halo” R.C Stephens and I know already this will be a 5 star read too. Just thought I’d throw these two books out there for those in a funk
- Dirty (Raw Family Book 2) by Belle Aurora <— LONG AWAITED SEQUEL OF A DARK/CRIMINAL/STALKER READ is much loved! Jean is having fun with this one!! (I sure did love #1 – RAW)
“Oh you guys, I’m reading Dirty (2nd book to RAW) and I am totally LOVING IT!!!!! You have to read it if you’ve read Raw already!”
- Girl Underwater by Claire Kells <— BLURB JOLT ALERT!!! Kathy just found us this one and I ONE-CLICKED IT SO HARD
Kathy: Girl Underwater by Claire Kells is on sale … The summary states that is is about a female college swimmer who survives a plane crash with a fellow swimmer and three children. I have to say it has me intrigued. My next read for sure!!
Maryse: Oh MY Kathy!!!!! I just one-clicked that one. It sounds perfect for me!!! :D!!!!
- SIREN by Jaimie Roberts <— SUPER-DARK READ (and scary cover!!) that one of our group is reading as we speak. She’s not necessarily recommending it yet, but the way she describes it has a few clamoring to read it! 😉
Sharon: I went for a blurb jolt, and it’s a doozie! Check out Siren by Jamie Roberts, Kellie Dennis, Shannon Stted and Dave Kelly. It sounds sick and twisted and not fluffy at all. Just what I need!
Sharon: Siren is quite . . . Well, there is a lot of sex. Rough sex. I know it will get rougher. Makes Fifty Shades of Grey seem like unicorns and flowers. I’ll take one for the team and keep reading, but this one is not for everyone.
Lisa: I tripped over myself in a rush to one-click Siren. Makes FSOG seem like unicorns and flowers made me actually giggle out loud right at my desk.
Maryse: LOL!!!! 😛
- Leopard’s Fury (A Leopard Novel) by Christine Feehan <— HE’S AN ICE COLD CRIMINAL & ONLY SHE CAN TAME HIM ALERT!!! “With her own bakery in San Antonio, Evangeline Tregre made a new life far from the brutal lair of shifters she was born into. Though she is all too aware of her leopard-shifter blood, she never felt the sensation of a wild animal stirring inside her. Not until Alonzo Massi walked into her bakery. The powerful shifter is as irresistible as he is terrifying, but his icy demeanor tells her to keep her distance…“
- Locking Up Santa (Haunting Me Series Book 2) by Nikki LeClair
- Shadowed Ascension: Shadowed Series Book 3 by Wendi Wilson
- The Mad Scientist’s Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- Fate is a Mated Bitch (Lupinski Clan Book 1) by Emmy Gatrell
- Dracones betrayed: Book Three by Sheri-Lynn Marean
- Living Covenant: The Complete Series (Living Covenant Trilogy) by Amanda M. Lee
- Mayhem: Goddesses Of Delphi by Gemma Brocato
- Saving His Heart (Sisterhood of Jade Book 11) by Billi Jean
- Comes the Dark (A Dark Tides Romance) by Celia Ashley
- Blow: A Virtuous Paradox Novel by Heidi McLaughlin <— HE’S FAMOUS BUT HE SUCCUMBS TO ADDICTION with the pressures of stardom… “When Bodhi ends up in rehab, he doesn’t expect to meet someone as cool and down-to-earth as Kimberly Gordon. Although he’s enjoyed the company of beautiful, charming women before, none of them have tried to get to know the “real” Bodhi. But Kimberly isn’t fazed by his stardom...”
- Hunter (7 Brides for 7 Brothers Book 3) by Melody Anne
- Turbulent Desires (Billionaire Aviators Book 2) by Melody Anne
- Take My Dare: A Stark International Novella (Stark International Trilogy Book 4) by J. Kenner
- Dirty Wicked: A Wicked Lovers Novella by Shayla Black
- Top Shelf: An Aces Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson
- Perfect Paige (The Piper Sisters) by InÉS Saint
- The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer <— STEPHENIE MEYER’S LATEST WENT LIVE EARLY!!! The hidden U.S. Government agency she worked for believes her to be a liability and now she’s in danger!!! “When her former handler offers her a way out, she realizes it’s her only chance to erase the giant target on her back. But it means taking one last job for her ex-employers. To her horror, the information she acquires only makes her situation more dangerous. Resolving to meet the threat head-on, she prepares for the toughest fight of her life but finds herself falling for a man who can only complicate her likelihood of survival. As she sees her choices being rapidly whittled down, she must apply her unique talents in ways she never dreamed of…“
- Made for You by Kelly Elliott <— KELLY ELLIOTT ALERT! And this one CAN be read as a standalone: “For Holden Warner and Emylie Sanchez, the road back to each other has been long and jagged. Each of them hiding from the truth, but unwilling to move on from the love they share...”
- The Rookie (Calling the Signals Book 1) by Ann Jacobs
- KYLE (Sterling Falls Book 2) by Evanne Lorraine
- The 24 Days of Christmas by Linda Lael Miller
- Accidentally in Love: A Talyton St George Novel by Cathy Woodman
- Drifter (The Nomad Series Book 1) by Janine Infante Bosco <— BIKER EX-VETERAN & SHE NEEDS A HERO… “Sometimes the strong become vulnerable. Or worse, the victor becomes the victim. Sometimes we lose control or in my case it’s stripped from you. Defeated. Broken. Haunted. They are the three things I have become. In my darkest hour I admit defeat. In my darkest hour I need one person. I need him.”
- Paradox (The Thornfield Affair Book 2) by Amity Cross
- Taking Time (Servants of Fate Book 2) by Wendy Sparrow
- Her Marine Prince (Going Royal Book 6) by Heather Long
- Chasing Paige (Falling for Words Book 1) by Tiffany Janine <— SHE MEETS HER FAVORITE AUTHOR but doesn’t know it’s him… “A 28 year old widow who owns a bookstore called Chasing Pages meets someone unexpectedly after two years of her husband’s death. Little does she know he’s the one who writes her favorite novels and has a secret he is keeping from her…“
- One Snowy Night: A Heartbreaker Bay Christmas Novella (Kindle Single) by Jill Shalvis
- Love in the Fast Lane by Melissa Kate
- A Whole Latte Murder: A Java Jive Mystery by Caroline Fardig
- Keep Coming Back To Love (Drawn To The Rhythm) by Christa Maurice
- Letting Go by Kate L. Mary
- Someone To Love (A Westcott Novel) by Mary Balogh <— LATEST HISTORICAL ROMANCE BY MARY BALOGH ALERT!! Jan wanted me to share the glad tidings of this new release with everyone saying: “…a brand shiny new Mary Balogh historical romance comes out on Nov 8th too. It’s called Someone To Love and it’s the first in a new series. (The Wetscotts). Woohoo! Anne and I are pretty excited. Cos it’s already Tuesday here, I’ve got it on my kindle right now and I’m about to start it, now I’ve finished Trust. *rubs hands together in anticipation* …Squeeee!! I have really loved some of Ms Balogh’s HRs, especially Heartless, the Four Horsemen series, the Mistress series and the Slightly series, which I’ve just been rereading. She writes great characters with moving love stories and a nice bit of spice. I haven’t loved all of her books, but her best ones are really wonderful. If you like Judith McNaught’s HRs, odds on you’ll like Mary Balogh as well.” and Anne is happy too!! “Jan I love Mary Balogh’s books too! I didn’t know she was coming out with a new series! So excited!!”
- When You Wish by Alexandra Ivy <— ALEXANDRA IVY HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!!! The author says: “Long before I wrote my sexy paranormal romances, I wrote traditional Regency romances as Debbie Raleigh. Now I’m thrilled that three of my favorites are available once more. As fresh and filled with adventure as ever, this trilogy features the indomitable Creswell sisters, known throughout London as the Devil’s Daughters—and rejected by the ton because of it. But like their charming rascal of a father, the Devilish Dandy, nothing can crush their spirits—or stand in the way of their hearts’ desires…”
- Disorderly Conduct: Alpha Males on Both Sides of the Law by Holly S. Roberts, Alexis Abbott, Blair Babylon, Theresa Hissong, JJ Knight, Meli Raine, Olivia Rigal, LS Silverii
- Sex, Lies & Black Tie (Sex and Lies Book 6) by Kris Calvert
- Fall Dirty (SEALs Undone Book 8) by Zoe York
- Harmony and High Heels (The Fort Worth Wranglers Book 2) by Tracy Wolff & Katie Graykowski
- Trust by Jana Aston <— SHE’S AWKWARD & HOPING TO FALL IN LOVE… It CAN be read as a standalone, but best to read the entire series, because characters reappear. 😉 “I’m Chloe Scott. The most awkward single girl in the city. But I’m going to get it together. I am. I’m going to learn how to date like a grown up. I’m going to have an orgasm not given to myself. I’m going to fall in love and live happily ever after. Right after I get out of this interrogation room.” And here’s the series reading order
- Suddenly Dating (A Lake Haven Novel Book 2) by Julia London
- Risk (Desired Affliction Book 3) by C.A. Harms
- Deadly Waves (Hardy Brothers Security Book 23) by Lily Harper Hart
- Soulless by MV Kasi
- Dyeing to be Loved (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #1) by Aimee Nicole Walker <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back Book 1) by Felice Stevens <— M/M ROMANCE “Drew leaves his lucrative medical practice to set up a clinic for abused young men and women. The decision has more repercussions than Drew could ever imagine when the dark and sensual Ash Davis volunteers to help. Although Drew isn’t gay, Ash is inexplicably drawn to him…“
- Safe Haven by Caitlin Ricci <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Happily Ever After (Student Bodies Book 9) by Pandora Pine <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Student Bodies Collection by Pandora Pine <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Brothers in Arms by Megan Slayer, Helena Maeve, Anna Lee, Lucy Felthouse, Thom Collins
- Love Between the Lines: An Adult Coloring Book for Book Lovers by Christina Collie
- Semi-Scripted: A Wanderlove Novel by Amanda Heger <— HE’S GOT A LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW & SHE’S IN THE AUDIENCE ALERT!!! “Evan Abramson thought an internship at the So Late It’s Early Show would be the start of a long television-writing career, but their ratings are sinking. With every show, his plans seem one step closer to collapse. When a backstage crisis throws him into an onstage encounter with a gorgeous and charming audience member, Evan and Marisol become overnight sensations. And soon their made-for-television romance is the only thing keeping So Late from getting the axe…“
- Room 208 by Michelle Sullivan
- Dark Corners: A True Heroes Novel (True Heroes Series Book 3) by A. M. Madden
- Ashes Adrift: A New Adult/College Romance (The Ashes Series Book 3)
- Not Quite a Scot (Kilted Heroes) by Janice Maynard
- Holding Out for a Hero: A Men in Uniform Novel by Codi Gary
- A Small Town Christmas, 3 novels and 1 Story: Nine Lives of Christmas, Angel Lane, On Strike for Christmas, and A Very Holly Christmas by Sheila Roberts
PREORDERS (next few days & next week’s!!! )
- Unapologetic by Pamela Ann – November 11th 2016
- Endurance : A Sin Series Novel (The Sin Trilogy Book 4) by Georgia Cates – November 11th 2016
- 367 Days by Jessica Gadziala – November 11th 2016 <— Nay found us this one!!! “Maryse–I just added a book to my ‘to read’ shelf on GR that sounds really good, and I didn’t see it listed with your upcoming releases. It’s called 367 Days by Jessica Gadziala and is a romance mystery standalone about a woman who wakes up and has lost a year of her life. It’s up for preorder on Amazon and coming out in just a few days! 11/11/17.”
- Drowning on Dry Land: an erotic short story by Megan Hart – November 13th 2016
- Dirty Deeds (An Office Romance #2) by J.L. Beck – November 13th 2016
- Sweet Cheeks by K.Bromberg – November 14th 2016
- Santa, Baby by Lisa Renee Jones – November 14th 2016
- Daring Fate (Silver Tip Pack Book 1) by Megan Erickson – November 14th 2016
- Managed (VIP Book 2) by Kristen Callihan – November 14th 2016
- Fractures in Ink by Helena Hunting – November 14th 2016
- Split by J.B. Salsbury – November 15th 2016
- Beautifully Broken by Laura Lee – November 15th 2016
- The Takedown (The Hookup Book 2) by J.S. Cooper – November 15th 2016
- Turbo Twenty-Three: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich – November 15th 2016
- Claimed (Nightwind Pack Book 1) by Kele Moon & Laurann Dohner – November 15th 2016
- Beauty and the Billionaire: The Wedding (Billionaire Boys Club) by Jessica Clare – November 15th 2016
- In This Life by Christine Brae – November 15th 2016
- Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty Book 1) by Raine Miller – November 15th 2016
- Dark Crime by Christine Feehan – November 15th 2016
- Mischief and the Masters (Masters of the Shadowlands Book 12) by Cherise Sinclair – November 15th 2016
- Twined Bond (Holly Woods Files, #7) by Emma Hart – November 17th 2016
- Falling For The Billionaire (One Night Stand Series Book 5) by J.S. Cooper – November 17th 2016
- Tristan’s Temptation (Wired Series Book 2) by Sabrina York – November 17th 2016
- Hold My Breath by Ginger Scott – November 18th 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Wow oh wow! Girl Underwater! One clicked it and it was amazing. Different from what I usually read but yet I couldn’t help think of On the Island. You will be rooting for Avery and her companions the whole book. 5 star read for me. I miss them already
I can’t wait to start that one, Jen! Maybe tonight even. 😀
Ooooooh lawd. Y’all wish me luck. I starting Willing Captive and that is SO NOT my typical read. I wanted something different so here I go. My stomach is already doing the tango because I’m stepping outside my “box”. Gah I’m nervous and all I have read is THIS: “Reader advisory – this book contains intense but consensual rape role-playing scenes that some may find upsetting.”
Great list Maryse!
I finished reading The Dark One by Kathryn Le Veque a couple of days ago and really liked it! It was one of those epic reads I truly enjoy. This was my first book by this author but it sure won’t be my last.
I am currently reading The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne and really loving it so far! Its a different type of HR. Very refreshing.
Anti-Amy? *grins* Hiee!
I get a kick out of the anti-Amy name. LOL!!!
No worries… we’ll convert you to the Marmy crew. 😉
Oh I love epic reads, Anne!!!! 😀
Did you see what she’s reading. I totally want to read that.
I cook. And I’m very clean. And I come with the cutest little poodle. Who will take me in?
R. do you want to run away from home? I’m thinking of moving to Canada after this election.
Cheryl I am so crushed. Can I come with you?
I haven’t had too many dnf’s lately I guess because I’ve been using Kindle Unlimited and reading those books. Kinda feel like even if it’s not a 5* I’m getting my money’s worth with my membership.
Have to look at Halo again- started it and was bleh… maybe it was the mood I was in.
They said that so many looking into Canada crashed the website.
I’m very interested to see reviews on Stephanie Meyer’s The Chemist. I loved, loved, loved the Twilight series but The Host not so much although it was ok.
Oooh Willing Captive…that has been on my TBR forever…I like new cover.
I’m still trying to get through Royally Screwed. It started slow, then got better, but for some reason I’m dragging my feet. I also still have 3 more books to finish for a 2016 challenge.
I couldn’t sleep last night…I am shocked about election!!
Cheryl-you have got to go back to Halo yes it is slow moving at first with going back to past then present but trust me it is all so very relevant! I’m 70% in and at work but I keep sneaking back to it as I have got to finish it. I absolutely am in love with this story…and Tyler St. John
Terri, I feel the same about the new Meyer’s book. Wait and see.
I suggested on Maryse’s FB we make Leslie be the guinea pig! But yeah, that price. Should we start a GO FUND ME for her?
Leslie or Anti-Amy, who is the author on Willing Captive?
Packing my bags now R. I’ll swing by and get you!
Lisa – Belle Aurora
Thanks Cheryl. All I need are my books and my toothbrush.
You know what’s interesting about being in California? We are considered the most democratic state, to the extent that poll closed, and before a single vote was counted, we were declared as a win for Hillary. Yet, we seem to be second only to Texas about keeping the death penalty. It just makes me grin. A measure to remove it was on the ballot, and we were all, heck no!
Oh and I started reading bed wrecker, and I don’t know yet, but the sexy times aren’t all that sexy. And it’s been mostly that.
Anti-Amy Amy????? Is this like the imposter GR Bev vs. our bev? (notice GR Bev is B capital while our bev is b lower case) in case people didn’t see the difference….
Tessa…that is damn awesome!
What is everyone reading today? I’m thinking The Turning Point by Freya North…
You guys. OMG.
And the T-Rex looks like my hubby when I shoot my mouth off in public. 😛
hahaha Amy, you need to frame that and put it up in your house
Well I just finished “Halo” and although I have to say it was the blurb that initially attracted me to this book; it was so not what I was expecting…it was so much more!!!!! I do not want to give anything a way; just know for me at least this was definitely a very powerful-heart warming and heart wrenching story that I will remember. 5****** 🙂
And WHOA Jenn… now I want to read Halo even more than I wanted to read it. You have me so very excited!! I love when a book is even better than the awesome blurb!
Now I don’t know what to read. I really want to read “The Sun Is Also Star” but I have a hard time choking down $10.99 for a book…and also thinking with the last few books I have read I am needing something lighter….or a psych thriller….any body have any recs?
It’s Manny’s girlfriend. *giggle*
I am really curious about HALO (especially after Jenn’s comment) but I have such a hard time with military-related books. I end up rolling my eyes or cringing and not giving them a fair chance. *sigh* Maybe I’ll try one more time…
I’m trying to finish Marriage Games, but for some reason I’m not loving it. 81% in and I’m just not connecting. I’m hoping it all comes together. After that, I’m diving into Rush (Emma Scott) cuz R told me it’s a must read – especially cuz I think my most favoritest book ever now that I’ve finally read it was Archer’s Voice.
Hey bev. Psst…bev.
And they are SO pretty, too!!!
Lisa, Rush is SO good!! 😀
And Archer’s Voice…*dreamy sigh* I LOVED it. That was one of those kicking-myself-for-not-reading-it-sooner books. When he wanted to know if it bothered her that he couldn’t make *ahem* sounds…oh, my heart. 😥
Amy, don’t make me go there. Nothing broke my heart more than when he said “Don’t walk away from me. I can’t call after you.” Arggggghhhhhh. Or that “he taught himself a language that he never was able to use with anyone” (before her of course). Geesh, I could just ugly cry thinking about it.
OH NO Did I offend someone????? I didn’t mean to be rude, just curious thinking Amy is pulling something over on us?????
Amy-I understand what you mean and I can’t say that there were not times that I thought well hell this book is not for me but all the little quirks I had with the book they truly were all relevant to the story. I had a hard time even in the beginning with how juvenile the writing seemed but then I had to remind myself well hell they are teenagers; and I just kept going with it and I am so glad I did.
All this reminiscing about Archer’s Voice is making me want to go re-read it. There is only one book so far that I re-read every year and that is The Sea of Tranquility. My first visit to Maryse’s blog was the day she posted her review to this book and I’ve been hooked on her ever since 🙂
Awwwww Jenn you just made my day with that sweet comment. Archer’s Voice brought us together. Now I love that book even more. <3
Oh crap! What am I guinea pig for?
The new Stephenie Meyer book.
To all my American firends….come live with me. My doors are always open…
Cant blame that one on autocorrect!
Eeeeeeeh gads!! *gags* No way, Jose!!! I’m not reading The Chemist. I’m sorry R., apparently we weren’t properly introduced, my actual name is:
Leslie if-it-don’t-have-romance-I-ain’t-reading-it M.
Also, I have a little bone to pick with Ms. Meyers! What the *bleep* is *bleep*-ing wrong with her?? Writing more *bleep*-ing books without *bleep*-ing finishing Midnight Sun???? Seriously?? What in the actual *bleep*???
Sherlock themed Mani/pedi party at Amy’s!!! Woot! Woot!
I love those colors Amy!
Thanks Lisa. Cheryl was coming to get me but I think she’s been detained. I’m on my way!!
Haha Leslie. I haven’t even read the blurb for it. I’m a little put out after Midnight Sun AND not releasing a book in forever that she’s so quick to charge a small fortune for this one. Ballsy move.
Hey Ela, the “anti-Amy Amy” is an actual person also named Amy. She doesn’t like rip your heart out books like the original Amy….so she cleverly re-named herself so we wouldn’t get mixed up. (She also has great sense of humor like original Amy)
Those are great Amy, I have been thinking of darker polishes.
I say we move the party at Lisa, Jan, Pia, or Maryse ‘ s mommy’s house.
Is it bad to leave our fellow Americans at this time?
I was going to say something but I erased it instead. Going back to reading now… <3
But yes, I'm good with those locations! I'll bring the bon bons.
Hey girls. You’re welcome here anytime. You bring the polishes. (and bonbons) I’ll supply the sauvignon blanc and sympathy. Oh LOL bonbons! autocorrected into BONDS. It’s not that sort of party. Ahem.
Amy yes yes read the Turning Point.
Thanks Leslie M! You are a sweetheart to repeat something that was probably discussed a many many times and other boards no less….
It’s totally Amy just playing a joke.;)
Didn’t read a word last night. Was glued to TV. So tonight I’m losing myself in Whitney My Love. Need a total escape!
I did finish Court of Mist & Fury. Woo-ee-mama! Loved it!!! 5 stars!
Aw! Archer’s Voice! That was a good one. Jealous of you who are reading it for first time.
*does happy dance* I’m so glad you liked Court, MichelleS! I was a little worried, but I swear I adored that book so much.
A part of me just wants comfort reads.
bev needs comfort.
Hot chocolate and a 100 mini marshmallows.
Mashed potatoes and gravy.
Ok I read Willing Captive and I wasn’t thaaaaat disturbed. I actually enjoyed it. The characters grew on me and it was different. The only thing I didn’t like was the length. It was short and had a to-be-continued feel. Not a cliffhanger because it ended in a complete story but you don’t know if it’s “forever” yet. My reaction was more “oooh that’s kinda kinky” and less “man that’s some crazy $*#t”. Does that earn me Marmy points? I think my Anti-Amy opinions are more against the death of main characters than anything dark or twisted (as long as it ends HEA of course **wink**). I also purchased a book from an author I had never heard of, Sara Rider. It’s called For the Win. It’s the first book in a sports romance series and is definitely for me fellow low-angsters. It was light and funny with likeable characters. Definitely romantic comedy and I enjoyed it enough to buy the second book. Ela– I wasn’t offended at all. The first time I posted I knew I needed to distinguish myself from the illustrious (original) Amy or chaos would ensue. Leslie M– thanks for saying I have a good sense of humor! My wonderful husband like to tease me about my corniness and always
says “Pumpkin, you definitely have a way with words….I just don’t know what way that is”. LoL
Willing Captive, or Willing Victim, Anti-Amy?
LOL! It cracks me up calling her that. *snort* 😛
Bear with me while I do it a few more times.
And if it was Willing Victim, I’m so excited ’cause I TOO enjoyed it even though back when I read it (years ago!!) I had NEVER read anything like that before, so I gulped a few times and checked to see if anyone was reading over my shoulder. Hahahahah!!
Well there’s a sequel about them coming out.
Haha R. I’ve been painting, especially if selling my house to move to Canada or with Lisa. 🙂
LOVED Archer;s Voice. Not sure what I’m reading yet, but think needs to be something lighthearted to off-set the last 24 hours. Going to soak in the tub and decide on a book.
It’s OK Cheryl. I’m safely hiding out in my compound with my poodle and reading November 9. I’m a walking cliche today, folks!
Here bev…I made roast beef, green beans, mashed potatoes, and gravy for supper. *serves up a plate for bev* How’s that for comfort food? 😉
Awww, it’s my Fantastical doppleganger!!! *waves to Amy* Although, I have to admit when I see “Anti-Amy” I think of someone leading a protest against me… *snort*
Amy your yesterday’s supper was my last week’s supper!!! 😀
R can run away with Cheryl. I’m running away with Amy.
MichelleS (good to see you!!!) and Tessa…I accidentally found out a spoiler to Court of Mist and Fury, and I’m not sure how I feel about it. 😕
It’s my own stupid fault though for seeing the spoiler. What’s the saying? Oh yeah…if you’re gonna go around picking up rocks, don’t be surprised when something crawls out.
But…but…but…I’m not running anywhere! I like my new house too much. 😛
You’re still welcome to come eat at my house anytime though.
I can just imagine.
Honey, this is bev, I met her on the internet. She needs comfort and mashed potatoes.
Yes, she is a stranger. And strange. And I’ve told her a lot of things about you.
It’s ok, next week she goes to Tessa.
For those of you who have Kindle Unlimited, Full Tilt by Emma Scott and the sequal All In are now available to read with KU. I wish Amazon would tell us when books on our Wishlist are now available with KU.
Thank you Kathy!! I LOVED both of these books. 😀
I have cats who will not cuddle. Good luck on that comfort, Bev. Lol
*waves to Anti-Amy* Welcome back. Too bad it’s a short book, but it still looks good.
Amy! If someone had given me spoilers to Court, I’d have questioned it too. But, OMG! things just work. Look at MichelleS’s reaction. It works! Feel free to message me if the spoiler is super bugging you.
He would just say, “um, yeah…I’m just gonna go hang in my man cave now.”
That’s okay, more mashed potatoes for us!! 😀
I probably will end up messaging you about it because I am NOT pleased if that is what actually happens. Dangit, I don’t want that to be what happens! No, no, NO. <—– channeling my inner toddler there
*squee* Thank you Kathy!
That last one was for you, Tessa…I forgot to say so.
Then me and Tessa ‘ s cats will sit side by side. Until little dudes like, she’s got to go and you send me off to MichelleS.
bev…the cats may try to attack you though if you play with my bird before leaving for Tessa’s. Just sayin’.
You can always come here bev! I have tons if liquor leftover from Halloween. And some fudge pops.
lol Go ahead and message me Amy.
Hehehe Little dude will be asking you the same questions over and over… and over all week long. Then you’ll leave and he’ll tell me for three months that he misses you. Then he’ll start saying, after three months of course, Remember when Bev visited? I miss Bev.
We seize control…..of the man cave. Line it with built in book shelves. Fill the shelves with books, only good covers, and candy dishes. Comfy chairs, floor lamps, charging stations. It’s our fort.
And now I’m the proud borrower of Full Tilt. I shall read it in the new non-man cave.
Aah. I miss little dude. R, if I was attacked I need to stop the Professor and the Nurse’s house first. Hellooooo, Cheryl. I need band aids.
And hot chocolate.
Just told my husband he has to build an extension to house all my visiting online friends and he looked at me like I was crazy.
I hosted my RL book club here last night so he’s a bit dazed about the bunch of girls drinking and all talking at once about books!
I can’t believe how happy I get when I see books I enjoyed mentioned. I was reading a blog post and one writer mentioned they are currently reading JR because Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil was so amazing to them. I was smiling like a loon.
Some one has to read Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil. Cmon, you know you all want to.
‘It is no secret that reconciliation is the least popular sacrament.’
Priest by Sierra Simone
I DNF’d Bed Wrecker. The heroine is 20 something and acted like a 16 year old. I did like the underlying story, just not the whining.
Honestly Unfaithful is a new release and I loved it. It’s something different on the romantic spin, and co-written by two people. https://www.amazon.com/Honestly-Unfaithful-1-L-Wood-ebook/dp/B01LYQD3EW/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
“For what was probably the thousandth time, I looked through the scope of my rifle and rested my finger on the trigger as I drew in a breath and held it.”
Absolution (The Protectors, Book 1) by Sloane Kennedy
“Alone in his truck on an empty stretch of road in the middle of Thompson Country, Scott cursed out loud though no one could hear him.” ~ The Turning Point by Freya North
Aw crap, Tessa…and I clicked that one a few days ago. 😐
I know the feeling! The story was the whole love hate thing which I adore. Just, I couldn’t. 🙁 That said, Priest seems okay so far.
Don’t forget that Amazon has one of the absolute best return policies. Just right click on the book in Manage Your Content and Devices and choose Return.
It’s one of the many reasons Amazon has become my one-stop shop for almost everything.
FLT I started Nov 9 yesterday and even given my CoHo reservations, I’m LOVING it. She just made me cry in the bathtub! And CoHo NEVER makes me cry…except for that one time, but that was an anomaly!
“I wonder what kind of sound it would make if I were to smash this glass against the side of his head.”
“I like being fucked in the ass” Vindicativa by Angela Richardson.
“I’ve always loved the water”
Girl Underwater by Claire Kellis. This is that bargain find that I one-clicked a few days ago and sounds SO good. Olympic swimmer survives a plane crash and she and a few survivors are stuck in the wilderness. EEEEP!
Er… and Jenn’s FLT.
My first line (well, technically 2 lines) is quite risqué. *blushes*
“I can’t be sure that the girl said my name. Her voice is muffled and unintelligible and hard to understand, mostly because my *bleep* is in her mouth.”
If you Stay by Courtney Cole
This one def starts out with a bang! Yowsa!!
I remember that one, Leslie!!!! Yep… that first line…
heeey, I like the turn in reading this group is taking…
Is it wrong that I had to go make sure that If You Stay was already on my TBR list after a first line like that???
Lisa me too…I actually purchased back in April of 2013 but never read it….hmmm
LOL ladies. it’s gettin’ saucy on here! *fans self*
FLT (A pretty tame one after those. Whew!)
‘New York parties were always like this.’
From The Seduction of Dylan Acosta by Nia Forrester. It’s a few years old, but I’ve had it on my tbr for a while. Never read any Nia Forrester, and she’s got quite a backlist so I hope I like this one. It’s my first by her. I’m in a little bit of a book funk after gulping down some new books and now thinkin’, what’s next? So I’ve been looking through all the hundreds (yes, hundreds) of samples I’ve downloaded on my kindle and trying to get through some of them. I liked the cover of this one (how random is that?) and so far so good. I’m 33% in, but I’m getting a bit scared now cos I know there’s some angst coming. Those bee-arches of rich baseball wives are gunna get her, I just know it. Luckily Mark is such a sweetie (and hot too!)
Great first line, Fabi. Makes me interested in reading it. On the other hand, Leslie, I hate first lines like that!! Makes me roll my eyes & possibly abandon the book!
Bev, you can come cuddle on the couch with my two Havis & we can swoon over Bran & the Simons… and throw popcorn for Dumplin, and convince ourselves to get back to the courtyard!
FLT: “As their elegant travelling chaise rocked and swayed along the rutted country road, Lady Anne Gilbert leaned her cheek against her husband’s shoulder and heaved a long, impatient sigh.” – Whitney My Love
Whew!!! That was wordy. Loving it though!!!
OMG. I just read Jenn’s FL!!! Why are author’s doing this??? They must be reading our Thursday posts!
Maryse Girl Underwater sounds really good.
Fabi you should read it with me. 🙂
What is going on?
MichelleS, yes I want to cuddle the puppies, please.
Wait. Puppies? I LOVE PUPPIES!!!!!
FLT part 2:
‘Toni placed a second wide-angle lens into her gargantuan camera case and shut the lid, locking both clasps with her thumbs.’
Insider by Olivia Cunning
Michelle S I recently reread Something Wonderful by the same author (Judith McNaught). OMG, the funniest scene when he’s asking his new young wife if she knows how babies are made (she doesn’t….:) OMG literally laugh out loud funny. It’s worth reading it just for that super awkward, super sweet scene
LOL Jan. I can already imagine her horror. *snort* I’m adding it to todays list.
“April had curled herself into a snail-tight ball deep within her sleeping bag, but still she shivered.”
Lessons In Gravity by Megan Westfield. Enjoyable read that is really informative about rock climbing. Almost makes you want to try it. Think I’ll stick to the rock climbing wall. 😉
Maryse and everyone else I confused….yes I meant Willing Victim (Cara McKenna) oops. Am I going to be tarred and feathered and booted from bookland now? I’ve ALSO read Willing Captive (Belle Aurora) so that’s where the name confusion happened
Anti-Amy, I actually thought you meant Willing Victim by Cara McKenna. Only because I too read Willing Captive by Belle Aurora (I really liked it) and it def would not have had that warning. We both messed up title but were still thinking same thing.
Maryse-it was actually The sea of tranquility that brought us together
I think my message may have been confusing since I mentioned both books-and yes you have got to read Halo