WEDNESDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! TWO MORE BOOKS JUST WENT LIVE!
- Maverick by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!! It’s super-bargain priced today AND it can be read as a standalone! 😀 “…When it comes to women, though, Maverick errs on the side of caution. For all his cocky charm, rugged good looks and sexual swagger, he remains as unreachable as the surrounding peaks. Hot, wild sex? He’ll tell you there’s no better way to spend a cold, wintry night. Relationships? He’d rather freeze. That is until he lays his eyes on American Riley Clarke...”
- Illusions of Evil (Illusions Series Book 1) by Lily White <— LILY WHITE DARK READ ALERT!!! “...I was Eve. His light. His salvation. His bridge to Heaven’s gate. I failed him because my faith was not strong enough. He punished me for not giving in...”
HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY!!! 80+ on today’s list, and I already have my next two reads all lined up (and we’re buddy-reading). :D!!! They’re in the reader recommendations section below (Drive and Unloved <— you can’t miss ’em ’cause they come with incredible reader reactions) but BOTH are very recent releases, and I’m so excited. I just KNOW they’ll be in my top favorites!
But you now how it goes… new shiny books for today certainly gave me blurb jolts ;). Like that one to the left. Most of All You to devour (Mia. Sheridan. Need I say more?) Ruthless King (Meghan March’s latest and he sounds like a huge jerk-face, and Kooloo is LOVING it as we speak!), In Too Deep (he treats her staff at her restaurant horribly, but then he has an accident and she saves him, and pretends to be his wife to find out how he is… and he believes her!! Tee hee!!), Shiver (Ela Frank’s latest M/M romance, but nooooooo. NOT romance, ’cause he’s a stalker and this. sounds. DARK!!),
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Hard Wood by Lauren Blakely
- Show Me the Way: Fight for Me, Book 1 by A.L. Jackson
- Save a Truck, Ride a Redneck by Molly Harper
- Peripeteia: The City Series, Book 2 by Sarah Lyons Fleming
- Tate: Temptation Series, Book 5 by Ella Frank
- Hold Tight: A For Him Novella by Alexa Riley
- Duke of Desire Elizabeth Hoyt
- Lilac Lane: A Chesapeake Shores Novel, Book 14 by Sherryl Woods
- Ruthless King: The Mount Trilogy, Book 1 by Meghan March
- Dirty Little Promise: Forbidden Desires, Book 2 by Kendall Ryan
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!)
- Drive by Kate Stewart <— EVERYONE’S GOING CRAZY FOR THIS ONE… MAYBE EVEN THE BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR??? I’ve heard that a few times actually… and I’M READING THIS NEXT!!! Wanna buddy-read???
Amy: I just saw this post and *GASP!!!!!!* A Kate Stewart book with Room 212 feels?!? MINE MINE MIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!
Cheryl: Amy, it’s been a while since a book has consumed my thoughts; and yes the “feels” and angst like room 212. I put it down to go to sleep, but my mind kept thinking about it. At work, I’m thinking what does *this* mean in the prologue, who is it she’s talking about?? I HAVE to finish it tonight, even though I know I’ll be crying at some point. *grabs a glass of wine and Manny and goes into blankie fort*
Amy: Oh man Cheryl, that settles it…I’m starting it tonight!
Maryse: BUDDY READ AMY!!!! I’m starting as soon as I finish tomorrow’s big new release list!
- Unloved, a love story by Katy Regnery <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE IT’S THE OTHER BIG HUGE HIT OF THE LAST WEEK OR SO!!!!! This one is ALSO my “next”. LOL! How can I read two at once? I dunno, but I want to SO bad.
Rebecca: It was so damn good. It was kind of a tough intro because of recent events IRL but it doesn’t dwell there and the story is beautiful and amazing. Top 10 of the year for me!
Maryse: I’m either starting Drive tonight, or Unloved. GAH!! I think Unloved. MY HEART CAN’T TAKE IT and I haven’t even started yet. 😉 THAT TITLE!!!!
Jean: Maryse, I can’t wait for you to start Unloved!! SO AWESOME!!!!!
Kooloo: Ohhhhhh “Unloved” … only 11% in and I’m bawling my eyes out! So good so good so good
- After We Break: (a standalone novel) by Katy Regnery <— SPEAKING OF KATY REGNERY, Nancy found us this one!!
Nancy: AFTER WE BREAK is a standalone, second chance romance. It is now on sale… I think this sale might have been over looked will all the well deserved excitement of Katy Regnery’s new release UNLOVED.
- Mercy by Annabel Joseph <— ANNABEL JOSEPH SUPER-HARDCORE (DARK???) BDSM BOOK ALERT! And Nancy for us this one bargain-priced!
Nancy: Mercy has been in my Wish List it seems like forever
CaroleDee: Just about anything from Annabel Joseph is amazing. She absolutely pushes the limits, but in an amazing way 🙂
- One by Jewel E Ann <— Was on last week’s list and Cheryl went in and enjoyed it! “I finished One- it was a sweet, funny, feel good read”.
- The Three series by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY ALERT!! All three books are on sale today!
- Master of Magic by Angela Knight <— ANGELA KNIGHT ALERT!!! “Olivia Flynn finds herself on the brink of death, unable to call upon her Sidhe magic, when a handsome stranger rescues her. But this male is no ordinary human, and Olivia wants nothing to do with him. The foreign magic boiling around him is far beyond the power of even the Sidhe...”
- Wood by Lauren Hawkeye and Cathryn Fox <— TIME TRAVEL ALERT!!
- Dawn (Hero Society Book 1) by Jessica Florence <— SUPERHEROES!!! “...Immortality was given to him as a gift, a gift that failed him and turned him into a shell of the man that has nothing left but to wait out the end of existence alone. Until her...”
- Smoke (Dragon Heartbeats Book 2) by Ava Benton
- Mating Needs (An A.L.F.A. Novel) by Milly Taiden
- Men And Beasts (Fate – Fire – Shifter – Dragon Book 6) by Kris Austen Radcliffe
- Once Hunted, Twice Shy: A Cozy Paranormal Mystery (The Happily Everlasting Series Book 2) by Mandy M. Roth
- Sleeper (Hunter: A Thieves Series Book 3) by Lexi Blake
- Princess of Draga: a space fantasy romance (Draga Court Book 1) by Emma Dean
- Freeing the Beast (Taming the Beast Book 1) by Tina Donahue
- The Emperor of Evening Stars (The Bargainer Book 3) by Laura Thalassa <— Tessa says: Oh Maryse, yesterday Laura Thalassa’s Bargainer series’ prequel went live – The Emperor of Evening Stars. I finished it yesterday (that’s pretty much why I was mostly quiet). Super good and 5 stars. It’s The Bargainer’s story from pre-birth up to the end of the second book, so it has to be read AFTER the second one.
- Bound by Dreams (Cauld Ane Series Book 5) by Piper Davenport
- The Incubus’ Lies (The Incubus Trilogy Book 2) by Adele Huxley
- Queen Bitch of the Callowwood Pack by Siobhan Muir
- Marked Beauty by S.A. Larsen
- Most of All You by Mia Sheridan <— MIA SHERIDAN ALERT!!! SHE MISTRUSTS MEN… and has hardened her heart… “...Then Gabriel Dalton walks into her life. Despite the terrible darkness of his past, there’s an undeniable goodness in him. And even though she knows the cost, Crystal finds herself drawn to Gabriel. His quiet strength is wearing down her defenses and his gentle patience is causing her to question everything she thought she knew…”
- Revealed (Uncovered Book 2) by Amelia J Hunter
- Boone by Robin Cranney
- How Not to be a Bride by Portia MacIntosh
- Christmas at Whisper Beach: A Whisper Beach Novella by Shelley Noble
- Dignity (The Breaking Point Book 2) by Jay Crownover <— JAY CROWNOVER ALERT!!! HE SHUT THE DOOR IN HER FACE… BUT NOW SHE’S DISAPPEARED ENTIRELY… “…I couldn’t figure out how to help myself, so there was zero chance I knew how to save someone else. That someone else was Noe Lee. She was the unkempt, unruly thief who was just as smart as I was and twice as street savvy. She was annoyingly adorable beneath the dirt and grime, and she was in trouble. In way over her head, I told myself it wasn’t my job to keep her from drowning. In the Point, it was sink or swim…“
- Saving Zola (Sleeper SEALs Book 4) by Becca Jameson
- Joyfully His (Sterling Canyon Book 4) by Jamie Beck
- SEALs of Honor: Ryder by Dale Mayer
- Snowbound in Starlight Bend: A Riding Hard Novella by Jennifer Ashley
- Ruthless King (The Anti-Heroes Collection Book 1) by Meghan March <— MEGHAN MARCH ALERT!!! HE’S THE KING OF NEW ORLEANS AND HE’S GOING TO OWN HER… “...I didn’t need to loan money to a failing family distillery, but it amuses me to have them in my debt. To have her in my debt. She doesn’t know she caught my attention. She should’ve been more careful. I’m going to own her...” <— KOOLOO is excited!! :D!!! “Maryse babe!!! I’m reading Meghan March’s latest and dare I predict greatest, “Ruthless King”, maybe we will see… only 30% in and FLOVE her alpha male Gerrrarrr!!! *excuse me* in this one – total A-hole but still sooo sexy now back to Mr Lachlan Mount!!! Teehee“
- I’ll Go (Joaquin & Nayeli Book 2) by B. Love
- In Too Deep: Station Seventeen Book 3 by Kimberly Kincaid
- When God-Fearing Women Put On Boots: A Southern Chick-Lit Mystery (The MisAdventures of Miss Lilly Book 4) by Kalan Chapman Lloyd
- Fiancé for the Night by Melissa McClone
- Capture: River City Heroes 3 by Elle Rush
- Burn for You (Slow Burn Book 1) by J.T. Geissinger <— FAKE MARRIAGE TO A BILLIONAIRE ALERT! “…Bianca would sooner douse herself in hot sauce than cook for Jackson again, but when he asks her to cater his fund-raiser, Bianca can’t refuse, knowing the cash will help pay her mother’s medical bills. Then Jackson makes another outrageous request: Marry me. The unconventional offer includes an enormous sum...”
- Jesse’s Girl by Shiloh Walker
- The Other Half of Me (The Coming Home Series Book 1) by Jennifer Sivec
- Wild Justice (Delta Force Book 3) by M. L. Buchman
- Losing Leah Holloway (A Claire Fletcher and Detective Parks Mystery Book 2) by Lisa Regan
- Misadventures of a Backup Bride (Misadventures Book 4) by Shayla Black <— SHAYLA BLACK ALERT!! HE NEEDS TO GET MARRIED & SHE’S GONNA FAKE IT FOR HIM… “...Ella Hope is an actress happy for any paying gig, but jilting a hottie in public isn’t what she had in mind. Still, she needs rent, and he’s in a bind. How hard can it be? While playing at matrimony, suddenly their intimacy isn’t so fake. Ella can’t help but fantasize that Carson is her groom and they will live happily ever after. But once his company is safe, will he want her anymore?“
- Crazy in Love (A Love & Harmony Romance) by Crystal B. Bright
- Mi Amor by Randi Perrin
- Once a Charmer (Charmed in Texas) by Sharla Lovelace
- A Hummingbird Christmas (Glacier Creek Book 1) by Karen Foley
- Slap Shot: An Aces Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson <— HOCKEY STAR HAS BEEN GRIEVING HIS WIFE ALERT!! “…I’m not looking for a relationship. Just sex. Yeah, I know how that makes me sound. But the truth is, I’ll never love another woman the way I loved my wife. When I meet a sexy bridesmaid at my teammate’s wedding, I decide to scratch that itch. A fling with Kendra Armstrong in her posh hotel room could be just what the trainer ordered...”
- Can’t Help Falling in Love (Memphis Moments Book 2) by Annalisa Daughety
- Jagged Edge (The Arsenal Book 1) by Cara Carnes
- Mad Love (A Nolan Brothers Novel Book 4) by Amy Olle
- Forgetting Jack Cooper: The Outlaw Edition by Jennifer Chance
- In Too Deep (Doing Bad Things Book 2) by Jordan Marie <— HE’S INSUFFERABLE & THEN SHE PRETENDS TO BE HIS WIFE!! “...Mistake number three was saving his life when he fell. It would have been less complicated to hide his body. When the hospital refuses to let me know how he is, I panic. Claiming to be his wife might be my biggest mistake yet—especially when he believes me!..”
- The Company by J.A. Huss <— J.A. HUSS ALERT!! An assassin, a girl who’s been a secret her whole life, and needs to choose between two men, and a young girl who has all sorts of bad… and hopes for good.
- Character Flaws: A Standalone Romantic Comedy by Sierra Hill
- Captured (The Stripped Series Book 2) by Stacy-Deanne
- Bang (Hard Rock Harlots Book 5) by Kendall Grey <— KENDALL GREY ROCK STARS ALERT!!
- Denver’s Calling (Cooper’s Ridge Series Book 1) by JJ Harper <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Shiver by Ela Frank & Brooke Blaine <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! OOPS!! Never mind… DARK-READ STALKER ALERT! ”Warning: This is not a love story. It is not a romance. This is an obsessive stalker lust story that contains darker themes that may serve as a trigger to some readers. Shiver is a standalone novel.“ “Everything I told you is true—I’m not a good man, but you choose what you want to hear. You shouldn’t have come that night. Maybe then you’d be safe. But it’s too late now. I want you because you remind me of him. I need you to give me back what I lost.”
- Returning for Love: A Western Romance Novel (Long Valley Book 4) by Erin Wright
- The Big D by Brittany Crowley
- Almost Always (Book 2) by Christie Ridgway
- Crave, Part Two (Crave Duet Book 2) by E.K. Blaire <— E.K. BLAIRE’S DUET IS NOW COMPLETE!!
- NSFW by Piper Lawson <— He’s her boss… “Avery Banks, our resident rising star, is a shark. The tall, blond, and gorgeous kind with zero patience and even less forgiveness. Good thing I’m the Mae West of executive assistants. I live to put grown men in their place….
- His by Deception by Stephanie Morris
- Wild on the Red Carpet (The Hollywood Showmance Chronicles Book 3) by Olivia Jaymes
- The Eventide Hour: City of Sin by Ursula Sinclair
- Luck isn’t a Lady (The Portland Pioneers Book 3) by Beth Bolden
- The Day She Cried by K. Webster <— K. WEBSTER’S LATEST & HE HATES HER!!! I *think* it’s a dark read? I’m not sure, but it sounds dark….. “...Now she’s back. Cracked. Broken. Lost. And for the first time in a long time, I feel free. Free from our past. Free from my present that suffocates me. Free to destroy her future. Her misery is my music. Thrilling. Invigorating. Intoxicating. For so long, all I’ve done is hate her. So why do I love her?”
- The End (Stained Duet Book 2) by Charlotte E Hart
- Good Day Johnson (The Good Johnson Series) by Rose Silverstone
- Going All In by Stephanie C. Lyons-Keeley and Wayne J. Keeley
- Wicked: A Small Town Romance (Love in Lone Star Book 3) by Ashley Bostock
- F*cking Shattered by K.B. Andrews
- This Is Not About Love by Carissa Ann Lynch <— ALL THREE WOMEN WANT HIM… “…All three women have their sights—and hearts—set on Michael. They each share some kind of connection with him, which is why not one of them is willing to back down. And when you have three women vying for the attention of one man…it means war…“
- Holiday Risk (Pelican Bay Security Book 2) by Megan Matthews
- Unbreakable Beauty by Tara Sosa
- Captured Memories (Cupid’s Café Book 3) by Katherine McIntyre
- Smoky Mountain Brides by Katt Anderson and Pam Watts Harris
- Like a Boss (Double Trouble Duet Book 1) by Liz Matis
- Bad Friends (Wild Love Book 6) by Red L. Jameson
- Scored by Sloane Howell <— BASEBALL PLAYER ALERT!! HE WALKS INTO HER STORE… “...Maybe it’s my rocker style or my lack of filter that intimidates the boys. So I’m pleasantly surprised when Matt Stallworth waltzes into the indie record store where I work and gives as good he gets. Turns out Matt is a professional baseball player, which should mean he’s out of my league...”
- CHRISTMAS WISH (HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS Book 3) by Patrice Wilton
- BloodWar (Smoky Mountain Series Book 5) by Lee Wardlow
- Hide and Seek (Vigilance) by Desiree Holt
- The Year of No Rules by Rose McClelland
img src="https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51FUqqHVt5L._SL75_.jpg" alt="" />
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Thrill of Love: Ty Braden (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor Book 6) by Melissa Foster – October 18th 2017
- Bountiful (True North Book 4) by Sarina Bowen – October 20th 2017
- Hard Wood by Lauren Blakely – October 23rd 2017
- Falling Fast by Aurora Rose Reynolds – October 24th 2017
- Hallow Be the Haunt: A Krewe of Hunters Novella by Heather Graham – October 24th 2017
- A Little Too Late by Staci Hart – October 24th 2017
- Strange Weather: Four Short Novels by Joe Hill – October 24th 2017
- Leopard’s Blood (A Leopard Novel) by Christine Feehan – October 24th 2017
- Forever Right Now by Emma Scott – October 24th 2017
- Tainted Butterfly (Tainted Knights Book 2) by Terri Anne Browning – October 24th 2017
- Go to Hail (The Hail Raisers Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale – October 27th 2017
Good morning! Time to check out all the goodies and start clickety clicking!
Good morning Nay!!!!!
*sprinkles “First” fairy dust all over Nay*
*hugs you REAL hard* 😀
Brrrrr…frost on my windshield this a.m.
New Meghan March? *click*
I knew that was coming, Leslie! lol
Yay for REAL hard hugs!!! :hugging:
Oh, darn! My emoji didn’t work.
Morning lovelies! Late for work shit… was up trying to finish Meghan March’s new one and still not done 🙁 But I have no fear since Audiobook Town is near (ok lame I know) it’s downloading as we speak!! 🙂
MARYSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST FINISHED THE GHOSTWRITER AND WITAF WAS THAT! MY EYES ARE STILL PUFFY! AND HERE I THOUGHT I WOULDN’T LIKE IT WITH WHAT THE FIRST 77% KINDA DRAGGING???
THAT, Ela, was getting Torre’d.
You never know what to expect with her books except to expect the unexpected. 😉
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! 😀 I LOVE when that happens!!!
Loved Ruthless King!! Not so much the insomnia I had & started reading in the middle of the night!! Had to stop to try & get some sleep but finished it this morning!!! Can’t wait for the next one!! Sometimes I wish I could just wait till they are all out so I wouldn’t have to suffer in between!!! So many good choices on what to read next. Have to read something to get my mind off the anticipation of what will happen next.
I started Drive last night but didn’t make it far.
I started last night too, and I’m already hooked. I already feel the “feel”… and this is TOTALLY awesome old-school angsty, heartache, tumultuous romance. YAY US!!!!!
Every thought I’ve ever had, chastising myself over crushes and heartache and mistakes… here. I’m already HER. The writing is excellent.
Ghostwriter was so darn good!!! It just slammed up hard against a wall – after waiting for what felt like an eternity to get to it, the ending sure delivered in a heart-wrenching way! Ela cried…then I cried. And you all should read this and cry too!!!
I’m reading Womanizer by Katy Evans and it’s giving me all sorts of happy. Unfortunately, last night I went to sleep at 10ish, and woke up at 11 with allergies like crazy. I took something and it didn’t work. *sighs* So I was up until 4am until I could take something else safely. And I was so tired, I wasn’t reading. I couldn’t lie down without pain. Woke up this morning to find out, oh, another fire. Stupid smoke.
So today I am home and will happily read Womanizer! (Now that I finally woke up. 😛 )
Gah! She’s in Austin. Live music capital of the world! Book-hooked!
Alright, so I was wrong. Instead of reading, my game, GW2 started Halloween earlier than 5 pm tonight. So instead, I ended up playing that.
Yeah!! Just saw that Ghostwriter is now free on KU!! Quickly downloaded it!
Holy moly…just the prologue alone last night had my heart aching. And her relationship with music and memories is SO relatable for me. Maybe that’s why I’m already aching for her even though I don’t know the whole story yet. This, from the prologue:
“The lyrics sometimes set the tone for my day, and as a slave, I followed. But some songs were like a sharp fingernail poking into open-wounded thoughts. Because music is the heart’s greatest librarian. A few notes had the ability to transport me back in time, and to the most painful of places.”
GAH!! A sharp fingernail and open-wounded thoughts is RIGHT! That is totally me when I turn on one of my iPhone playlists and instantly I’m right back in an emotional time period…or (more often) one of one of our beloved books. 😉
Exactly Amy! I was already hurting just reading the prologue and feeling the emotions from the songs.
I just finished it today. I LOVED it- maybe even my favorite of the year. It also had my favorite ending-ending. Usually I’m saying I loved the book but wished for more of an ending, but have to say this one had everything and it even gave me pause and I wanted to throw my kindle, but then I didn’t. 😉
““Tell me that life magically starts to happen.” “One minute past desperation, baby. I promise.” *sigh, my heart*
Ok, Maryse–all I had to do was read, “old-school angsty, heartache, tumultuous romance” and that was enough, but when I see that a book makes you identify so much with the character, I’m all in! I’m starting Drive right now!
Btw, finished Ghostwriter as well and loved it! Such a unique, heartbreaking mystery that I didn’t want to stop reading!
LOOKIT US BUDDY-READING LIKE CHAMPS!!!!!
YES I’M PULLING AN ELA AND SCREAMING!!!!!! :D!!!!!
*giggles* you guys are amazing
Sorry to admit the Ruthless King Audibook narrators sucked ass definitely did not sound like the voices I heard in my head.
Uh what… WAIT that didn’t come out right
You know what I mean – right
Shit ELA help me out here
LOL Kooloo… I have yet to listen to a full audiobook yet… so I kind of get you. 😉
I’m still not reading. So….let’s play. What are some song/book combos?
When I read True Love Story by Willow Aster this is the song that played in my head
Oh I have this!!!!
When I read Beautiful Disaster for the first time, THIS was the song I was hearing…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrr3lRLjZ1Y
Yep. I just love that song…
“…you’ll never get away from the sound of the woman that loves you…”
Wow. How profound and deep is that?
“I can’t be held responsible
This is all so new to me
Just when I think I’m invincible
You come and happen to me”
I didn’t read it but when you all were talking about CH’s It Ends With Us I kept hearing this
Ooh good fit. I always think of that Hinder song…..they danced to it in the book, I think?
HECK YESSSSSSS THAT HINDER SONG. Oh my… that song gets me every time.
P.S. I LOVE Fleetwood Mac SO HARD… this is perfect, bev.
P.S. I lied.
I loved ALL of Crossfade back then… but I just pulled up my review and THIS was the song I “imagined” as Travis:
OOOOOOOH!!!! I LOVE THIS!!! Please keep posting your songs, ladies. I relate music to books so often, and I’m always looking for more.
Since we’re BR’ing a Kate Stewart book, I have to use this one for Room 212:
The part where she is crying in the stall…GAH!!
THIS. SONG. KILLS. ME.
And it’s all your fault Amy.
Amy you have a true gift.
Maryse, the first song is like Abby and the second Travis.
In Silver Springs I love the way she sings at him at the end of the song in that concert. From 20 years ago!!??? The songs older but I remember that reunion. Eeep.
bev one of my all time favorite bands… from wayyyy back when to the reunion, to just Stevie Nicks is Fleetwood Mac. You are speaking my language my friend. I can barely get through “Landslide” without crying.
Thanks guys! I’ve been lost in music land for the last 45 minutes! How does that even happen?
LOL R! Me too…
R. Because of Veronica Mars I have had I Turn My Camera On by Spoon and I Hear The Bells by Mike Doughty on repeat.
The song is called “In This Shirt” and THIS was the song that I had playing while I read Helen’s goodbye letters and Mark’s epilogue in the Ghostwriter – I cried like baby!
The song is haunting on its own but the dancers take it to a whole new level… enjoy
Dang it bev. Stop it just stop it! I’m supposed to be beta-reading!
I was SOOOO NOT going to add any more to my tbr. But, whatevaaaaaaaa.
*gives in and clicks on kindle sample of Drive*
Maryse, you are enabling our mad addiction to books!!!
YOU GUYS are book enablers!!!!! Not me. 😀
Yep Maryse, it’s THAT song. *giggle*
This was MY Beautiful Disaster song (for obvious reasons ;)):
And this song ALWAYS makes me think of The Edge of Never (Camryn and Andrew…*sigh*):
R, lol. The Bells one is from the “Epic” scene at the prom. Veronica tells Logan she likes this song as that scene starts. I posted on here after watching it, cause I ended up liking the song too, lol.
Amy, it is funny cause you post a lot of women singers and you also are very drawn to female Pov in books.
I thought It was going to be The Civil Wars, lol. I always think of this cause I could so picture the scene
Plus I love the song so could hear it.
In Sweet Dreams by KA this song is played at the most surprising & perfect time. And the song is so familiar I could “hear” it. Made the scene poignant which you wouldn’t think but it worked.
That is my last one R, promise.
bev, it won’t load for me. Which Civil Wars song is it? I love that duo.
This one is for Kellan in Thoughtless:
Aaaaaaand of course this is for Full Tilt:
And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself.
Listening right now… since I’m reading this… right now. :D!!
For Atheists Who Kneel and Pray:
“Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to leave it all behind?”
STOP IT AMY.
Damien Rice is my love. Every song he sings.
Don’t listen to this one. This one KILLS me. And I love it.
THIS IS MY SONG (from him) for “How to Kill a Rock Star” (and every other tragic angsty love triangle book-love-of-my-life):
Okay, going waaaaaaaayyyyyy back, but this one makes me think of Bella after Edward left in New Moon:
Damn, the pipes on that woman give me the chills.
No,I was surprised you didn’t post a CW song.
I always think of Laugh, I Nearly Died by the Stones.
My song for Kellan.
Amy, you’re killing me with all the songs. So good!!
Now for a debbie downer moment i’m reading Unloved. Having trouble getting into this one. Hope it picks up.
song for Brynn in Unloved.
Seriously?!? “Don’t listen to this one.” You know I would anyway and now my heart hurts! So…so…so don’t watch this video (since it made you cry last time :twisted:):
OMG I WON’T!!!!!
*clicks on video*
Got to lighten this up.
For some of Ela’s reads. 😉
Aw bev…that song! It seems like he’s gathering his strength and then…
“And it will be nice to be alone
For a week or two
But I know that I will be
Right back here with you” 🙁
*goes to listen to Cheryl’s songs*
Cheryl, is Unloved all in his POV?
Okay, this one isn’t depressing and I would SO sing it at karaoke. I totally sing it at the top of my lungs while driving. But it is PERFECT for Jack and Lexi in Avoiding Commitment:
Oh,Cheryl. I have not listened to that Everclear song in forever. I always loved the line of never knowing the joys of a welfare Christmas.
This is so cool! I’m not great at pairing songs with books. But if I do, 95% of the time, it’s a song from the 70’s or 80’s.
I’m about 20% into Drive and really liking it so far–anxious to see where this is going!
*passes tissues to Maryse*
*dabs own eyes*
Right there with ya, Nay! I’m savoring every line of it. 😀
Amy, no it’s both their POV’s. Have to say so far it’s been tough and depressing views.
Bev, that’s the line I related to Reid in Drive.
I am not good with pairing songs with books either. But….I am one of those people that bawl when I hear an emotional song that triggers a memory. Even if its a fictional book memory. THIS song is perfect for Tristan & Danika. (Or any heart wrenching romance book break up) I can’t listen to this without sobbing. In fact, I couldn’t finish video while searching for it on YouTube just now.
I have a bawling my eyes out when song came over car radio moment after finishing Thoughtless series. (Thoughtless haters step away from this post, nothing to see here)
In case you haven’t read series yet (WTF are you waiting for bu the way??): WARNING SPOILERS!!!
This song came out when I was pregnant and I already have emotional attachment to it but OMG in that moment it wrecked me. All the “feels” from Thoughtless came crashing over me. All that Kellan/Keira went through and that m
Whoops….hold that thought….my phone went cray and posted before i was ready
I have a bawling my eyes out when song came over car radio moment after finishing Thoughtless series. (Thoughtless haters step away from this post, nothing to see here)
In case you haven’t read series yet (WTF are you waiting for bu the way??): WARNING SPOILERS!!!
This song came out when I was pregnant and I already have emotional attachment to it but OMG in that moment it wrecked me. All the “feels” from Thoughtless came crashing over me. All that Kellan/Keira went through and that moment at the Grammys when he was so emotional accepting the award and found out Kiera was pregnant! Gah!! That was best part of whole series for me.
YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!! I GOT AN EMAIL FROM BARNES & NOBLE THAT MORE CREDITS ARE COMING MY WAY! YOU KNOW FROM THAT 2012 SETTLEMENT….ANYONE ELSE???? THEY SAID I SHOULD KNOW SOMETHING IN THE NEXT 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!
OMG! This book is killing me simply because I KNOW it’s going to kill me! I can just feel it building. And it doesn’t help that the Eagles are my all time favorite band and every time she mentions Don Henley… And with ‘Wasted Time’ on the playlist….*swoon*
Hey Maryse, I know how much you love book lists…do you have one for “enemies to lovers”? I didnt see one and thought of it as someone on GR was asking for recs.
Julie James has some good ones. Practice Makes Perfect, Something About You, Just the Sexiest Man Alive.
Others that come to mind: Playing for Keeps, Beautiful Bastard, Hollywood Dirt.
Good list suggestion Lisa!! I’ll get it started. 😀
Ela, more settlement money?? Wow! That is great. The email I use for my Nook account isn’t my regular email so I’m going to run and check it now.
Ela!!!! Thanks so much for mentioning it. I guess I am getting one too!!
*free books happy dance*
Have a good day everyone.
That was fun last night, thanks. 🙂
I’ve not been reading either, Bev. The last one I read was Something Like Happy @ the beginning of the month. I think I’m just too preoccupied to focus on it right now, even though I know I’ve got some goodies lined up. So for entertainment purposes I’m watching Veronica Mars when I can. I’m on disc 5 for the 1st season yet and I’m really liking it. I read there were a couple books by Rob Thomas that take place after the movie that I’m totally planning on reading.
bev…that WAS fun. 😀
Looks like I’m getting a credit, too! Yay us!!
To get everyone through hump day (I seriously can’t stop looking at these and cracking up…y’all should see the looks I’m getting):
Amy, I just spit out my food. That is HILARIOUS.
Bev, glad the monkey is back.
AMY!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omg… I missed it all. I have a *really* good reason I promise. You’ll see, next week, lol!
Any who… My music to book link that I’m thinking of so hard is, To Wish Impossible Things by The Cure for Emma Scott’s new book, Forever Right Now that comes out next week…
OMG, Amy! That’s SO hilarious! So funny that David Beckham still looks good!
Leslie–I agree. Great to see the monkey!
hey maryse ! can u help me find a book that is driving me insane?
I’ve been searching it for a quite sometime but i cant seem to find it so here it goes hopefully u guys will help me.
The book is about a highschool sweethearts couple that married young but later got divorced, i got the impression that the H left the h. That separation lasted for 7 years and they reunited again when the H came back to the town to his sister wedding. The h is still very close to the H’s family and she didnt really understood why the H left her i think..
this book is not standalone.
The H came to the town with a ow.
the H has bipolar disorder and i think that was the reason he left the heroine.
thank for the help guys, hopefully we’ll find the book.
Love it Amy.
Beyonce is still beautiful, but kind of shows how having the money to have people keeping you looking good helps.
Tasha it is weird feeling, huh?
But I’m just going with it.
It is funny how the avatars almost become our face, lol
What’s funny is JayZ just looks like JayZ. Britannica looks like that toddler pageant kid’s mom. Even the expression!
Kool ooh, I’m reading Ruthless King and am loving it! Thanks for the rec!
Tessa we will have to wait until December to finish the series! I KNOW!!!!!
So I’m gonna be smart and wait for both books to be out this time to finish slow burn sexy as sin tale… a little preXmass gift to ME
I’m reading The Company by J.A. Huss and I’m sooooo into this one it’s like it was written just for me!!! I FLOVE this author and not just cause she has a Masters degree in Forensic Toxicology (she’s a big nerd like me)!
*sigh* I liked the cop. I didn’t feel a Logan connection like that, yet. It feels forced.
What????? He’s like 30, lol. I think Maryse would like Logan cause his first instinct is to punch and Tessa cause he is a punk.
I typically like punks and bad boys though. I just don’t feel that kind of connection with Logan. I do like an older man though too. Not OLD, just a little older. Lol And he was very suave.
🙂 Bev, are you saying I have a type? Pfft!
Kooloo, I’m weird. I have no issues with CH. A really good book with a CH just makes my mind work harder, trying to figure out any mystery. None will compare with waiting for Harry Potter though. *sighs* I know it’s a kid’s book, but it really was intelligently written. I’ve not read anything else like it since, including her other books.
Oh man, here we go. Commence heartache in 3…2…1…
*snuggles into Tessa*
Ha Tasha. A suave H. I like that. Suave isn’t a word I hear too often, but I agree it would be great for a H.
Tessa IKWYM about the HP books. It doesn’t happen very often that you get that super-excited, tummy-twisting, thrilling feeling when a new book is coming out, or at least not to that extent as it was with those books. Really magical (LOL not because of the magic in the books but just the magic of imagination I mean).
*wipes nose on pajama top*
OMG Tessa & Jan DON’T GET ME STARTED! I am a BIG Harry Potter fan like Huge!!! Whenever I needed a break from studying or just from life HP Is my go-to… it’s like therapy.
From J K Rowling’s awe-inspiring talent to her mind-blowing books and the best EVER Audiobook series by the genius award winning narrator, Jim Dale… man those Audiobooks were the only thing that helped me sleep when my dad got cancer and I dropped out of Med school to take care of him (NOT because they were boring lol BUT because Jim Dale’s vocal talent transports the listener to another reality)
If you have not invested (they are $$$) in the HP Audiobooks narrated by Jim Dale DO IT and DO IT NOW. Do it for yourself or for your kids but just do it!!!
Now back to our regularly scheduled blogging………….
(I warned you not to get me started lol)
Oooooooh!! I am SO mad at Reid. Who the hell does he think he is?!?
*looks at clock*
Crap! I’m going to be late for work if I don’t get moving. Stupid real life getting in the way of an addictive book…
I LOVE THE STUPID ADDICTIVE BOOK!!!!
Still reading it, and I think I’m where you’re at, Amy. 😉
Amy–addictive is right. and Reid is SO pissing me off! This book is breaking my heart and I’ve been crying ALLLL morning. Where are you %??? (I’m at 61%).
Maryse–have you finished?
Drive by Kate Stewart
Sweet Little Lies (Sweet #2) by Abbi Glines is live.
Okay I’ll add it to the Friday list, Ela.
Ditto on the Drive FLT. Hopefully I’ll get back to that one today!
The Trouble with Lexie by Jessica Anya Blau is on sale for 1.99 from 9.99. Amy, didn’t you read this one, not too long ago?
How’d I not know that salted Carmel was back? That’s my pumpkin spice.
Salted caramel is the bomb! I make it homemade for Christmas every year!
*waves* So, speaking of HP, yesterday I was at Target, and little dude was looking at the vacuums (he loves those things) and I glanced at the clearance section. I found an HP bookmark that had an Undesirable @1 poster on it with a pen with Harry’s Patronus all over it for 88 cents. 😀
“Don’t work too hard,” she says to me as she kisses me goodbye in the morning.
Retrosexual by Ainsley Booth and Sadie Haller
It’s a short story that happens at the same time as the beginning of Prime Minister. 🙂
Tessa have you and little dude (too cute btw) been to Pottermore yet?
It’s where you get Sorted into a house, get your own Petronius and Wand!
I posted your reader questions here. Let’s see if we find the answer. 🙂
Kooloo, I wish! He hasn’t seen or read the first one yet. He says it’s too scary and basically runs the other direction. Mind you, he thought that Guardians of the Galaxy was a scary movie and couldn’t watch it. *shrugs*
I am Slytherin, my Patronus is a buzzard (thankfully the English meaning, not American), and my wand is a 12 1/4 inch Hawthorne with a unicorn hair and my Ilvermorny house is Thunderbird.
I’ve done that house sorting four times now, and EVERY time, Slytherin. lol Yet, everyone who knows me just rolls their eyes and tell me I’m Ravenclaw. 🙂
Same as Nay and R. 😀
Nay…I’m at 81%. I got all my teary-eyed snuffles out of the way yesterday and now I’m just p!ssed off at Reid. I seriously want to nut punch him.
Tasha…yep, I read The Trouble With Lexie and REALLY liked it! I would definitely rec it, even if some of her decisions will make you cringe and do a face palm.
Not sure which book Catarina is looking for but *I* want to know it, too…it sounds like it could be angsty fun!
Princess Elle Vida was born at precisely 12:01 a.m. on a snowy January 1st.
(Bad Princess by Julianna Keyes)
Not that far into it, but so far, so good.
Scratch my FLT. I just got another beta book. Drive will have to wait.
“Stassi sucked in as much air as her lungs could hold, then let it escape in one long, slow exhale.” Craving Stassi by my super awesome friend Erica Lynn!
Well LISA AND I GOT ARC’S OF FOREVER RIGHT NOW BY EMMA SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“I barely heard the doorbell under the pounding music and the laughing conversations of a hundred of my closest friends.” Forever Right Now, Emma Scott
Boo hiss!!! *stomps foot and pouts A LOT*
I’m new to Facebook this year and it has some serious downsides, but being in author’s reader groups isn’t one of them. That’s where they post all the ARC/beta reads! There are some definite perks. It’s worth having a FB just to join those groups!
blah, I’m not on Facebook.
You gotta drink the Kool-Aid Jean!
ha ha ha bwaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 🙄
An Untamed State is on sale. Not an easy read but a strong heroine. Could make you cry and want to throw something across the room. But very good.
It is not YA and mostly her pov. Trigger warnings.
Amy you might like it.
bev, I miss you…..all the other girls are mean to me.
I am a JA Huss fan and bought The Company. It is on Audible. To my disappointment this is her 3 books together ,Come, come Back, and Coming for You. This is an excellent read and the audible is fantastic. It is just sad it wasn’t stated as her other books renamed. So beware. BTW it is a 5 star read.
Thank you for the update Rochelle!!!! I didn’t realize it either…
We lurve you Jean and ARE NOT MEAN!
What?? Mean? Hrmpff!
Haha! Just kidding….I’d be lost without you guys!
Amy & Maryse–sounds like we’re at around the same place. I’m at 87% now. My guts are all twisty!
YAY for our stupid addictive books!! OOH! And here’s a Reid song for us (it’s not sad, more wistful ;)):
Maryse and Nay, are you both just irritated with Reid?? That sexy, annoying butthead who thinks he can be like that…
“It is not YA and mostly her pov. Trigger warnings.
Amy you might like it.”
YEAH!!!!!! *shoots arms in the air*
LOL Amy!!!! I love your style!!! 😛
I’ll join in the group hug. *hugs everyone in squishy smoochy mass hug*
I like the sound of the new Emma Scott. The first line is good too.
My FLT – unsurprisingly a HR 😀
Considering how extremely dull her life had been up until this point, Iris Daniels, Lady Jordan had discovered quite a colourful way to die.
from Duke of Desire by Elizabeth Hoyt. Brand new shiny. Final book in the Maiden Lane series.
*gives everyone another hug for good measure*
I’m in a huggin’ mood today.
Amy–that’s perfect for Reid! lol I’m at 94% annnnd I’m bawling my eyes out…again!
Stupid, annoying, addictive, angsty book with dumb, irritating. sexy guy(s) in it!
You wanna read it Tessa. 🙂
Jean is my favorite.
You can not be mean to her.
Jean join our Halloween BR.
I’m going to be honest. No one here is making me want to read that book. Lol Though, I do adore that song.
Bev, what is your Halloween BR?
I need hugs….. still having major tooth pain! Ugh!
There is someone in your house by Stephanie Perkins.
Amy and Maryse *major side eye* promised to read it with me. I’m a wimp and might get scared.
We’ll all snuggle in the blankie fort. Surrounded by candles… holding hands… with a Ouija board in front of us to protect us. 😉 *snort*
*gives gentle hug to Jean* Tooth pain is the worst 🙁
LOL Maryse. *side eyes ouija board with wide eyes, scaredily reaches for Maryse’s hand*
Add all of us standing in front of the mirror trying to conjour Bloody Mary and you have the sleep over of my nightmares.
Haha. All it needs is a couple of creepy dolls sitting on a chair in the corner watching us with their blind glass eyes……..
Did I tell you guys that I went to see IT recently and it wasn’t even scary? Lame!!
Awwww Jean! *big hugs* Toothaches are flat out EVIL. 🙁
Yes, join us for our Halloween BR!! bev is a-scared and needs us.
Holy moly…I don’t mess with ouija boards, and even as an adult I won’t do Bloody Mary. *shudder*
You know what scared me? The EIT book where they are in the cabin in the mountains investigating those creatures (freaked me the FREAK out) and freaking Paranormal Activity movies…I love them but MAN does that kind of thing spook me. 😕
Nope. No paranormal. No Bloody Mary. No to Ouija’s because my sister-in-law’s mom’s family did those and the one time was creepy because NO ONE WAS TOUCHING THE THING MOVING! It was on a coffee table and I glanced down and nope. No touching. Just… Nope. (Though nothing bad happened.)
Wait you all are reading Drive, not Ghostwriter? See, Ghostwriter scares me because the first line from Jean’s review is this:
Quite possibly one of the saddest stories I’ve read this year.
Tessa–Maryse, Amy, and I are reading Drive. A bunch of us read Ghostwriter earlier this week, and it *is* sad/tragic. On the other hand, Drive is a wonderful angst-fest!!
I like angst fest. Just am not in the mood for sad. Nope, no sad for me. Today we had temperatures under 70 degrees. This is a happy time!
*sags against pillows and closes Drive*
The last 30% had me so mixed up, I didn’t know WHAT I wanted for her…and the turmoil was delicious. And things ended exactly as they needed to.
Tessa…you want to read this. You REALLY want to. Trust me. 😉
I am though the music thing isn’t working for me. I love the first two songs, and instead of reading, ended up singing. Lol
*goes back to singing*
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I’m Mr. Brightside.
I love that song!! The Killers are one of my favorite bands. 😀
Except…Mr. Brightside popped up on my playlist right after I read Bright Side and I started bawling. *shakes head*
As for the songs, if I recognized (and liked) them then I listened. Otherwise, I just skipped the music.
Lol Yeah, bad timing on that song. Though that book deserves its own song. Something depressing.
The 2 songs that were perfect for me were Drive, of course, and the biggie was the Eagles’ ‘Wasted Time’; At that point, I was a weeping pile of goo! Amy described it perfectly–delicious turmoil!
Amy I love the Killers.
I agree, the last 30% had me all messed up, but I did know what I wanted for her and then I thought… and I was so mad and sad and all kinds of bad emotions…until I wasn’t. One of the best ending-endings I’ve read- covered everything.