Nay: I’m 11% in on Wild Like the Wind and I’m already LOVing it! Hound’s great, but when a Chaos book starts out with a decent dose of Tack Allen, I’m ALL in!
But that’s not the only one that has me squeeing. In fact, I’ve one-clicked quite a few, and I have no idea what I’m going to start next, but here are the ones that make me extra excited:
MY MINI BLURB JOLT LIST: Wild Like the Wind (Kristen Ashley’s latest biker book!), My Oxford Year (recent release that’s on super-sale and I keep hearing how AMAZING this book is – teacher-student and will rip my heart out? Yup, I one-clicked!), Sunshine and the Stalker (recent release that Tessa found for us and that I totally missed last month. It sounds creepy and forbiddeny – K. Webster, so you get an idea – and well… I’m intrigued!), Ravensong (T.J. KLUNE’S LATEST in his werewolf series that had SO MANY going crazy a year or so ago!!!), Roughing the Kicker (SHE is in the NFL!!!!! And she’s got to deal with the guy that broke her heart… AND!! Don’t forget to check out her guest post today ➔ Eden Butler’s Top 5 Swoony Books To Read Over and Over), I Am Grey (gave me a total blurb jolt… I can’t quite get a handle on this synopsis but I know I want to read this badly) and one from yesterday’s list: Butterface (she isn’t considered pretty but she’s getting attention from a sexy cop that she has a crush on)…
P.S. While you’re here, don’t forget to check out my latest review (and yesterday’s earlybirds!!):
- Monday Earlybird Book Releases <— Yesterday’s earlybirds ANNNNNND…
- Book Review – Someone Else’s Ocean by Kate Stewart
LET’S READ!!!! !!!!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Playboy by Katy Evans
- Wild Like the Wind by Kristen Ashley
- The Child Thief by Bella Forrest
- Confessions: Julien: Confessions Series, Book 2 by Ella Frank
- Hating You, Loving You by Crystal Kaswell
- Taste of Torment: Deep in Your Veins Series, Book 3 by Suzanne Wright
- A Weekend Affair by Noelle Vella
- Protecting Kiera: SEAL of Protection Series, Book 9 by Susan Stoker
- Because You’re Mine by Claire Contreras
- Untamed: Irresistible Bachelors, Book 9 by Lauren Landish
- Born to Be Wilde: The Wildes of Lindow Castle by Eloisa James
- Straight up Love: The Boys of Jackson Harbor, Volume 2 by Lexi Ryan
- Single Dad’s Hostage: A Fake Marriage Romance by Penelope Bloom
- Bedfellows by Lola Leighton
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order)
- My Oxford Year: A Novel by Julia Whelan <— OMG!!!! RECENT RELEASE IS SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED & it sounds SO GOOD!! I one clicked it!!!
Amy: My Oxford Year (teacher-student drama!)… is on sale… Oh, you KNOW My Oxford Year was an immediate click for me. I had seen buzz for it before it was released, but the price made me a bit hesitant. But as soon as I saw it was on sale…CLICK! 😀
Cheryl: My Oxford Year scares me; to be compared to Jo Jo Moyes and Nicholas Sparks and a “heartbreaking story.” Think I’ll wait for someone else to guinea pig it and let me know. *whispers I think it’s one of “those” books*
Maryse: That just makes me want to read it more.
Michele: This book was a 5 star fave for me!! It is one of “those” books but I thought it was done very well! So worth reading!!
- Playboy by Katy Evans <— KATY EVANS LATEST RELEASE & Lisa M HAS FEEDBACK for us!!
Lisa M: I finished Playboy by Katy Evans yesterday. Could not put it down. I freaking love her writing style. Hooks me every book!!
- The Mafia and his Angel series <— Back on the list because Kandace LOVES IT NOW, TOO!!
Kandace: I am blaming you all for my lack of sleep. I fell down the rabbit hole of the Mafia and his Angel. I’m half way through book 3. When I first started I wasn’t sure but the more I kept reading the more consumed I became with their story. My kids are camping with my parents. I was suppose to organize the house while they were gone instead my wrist hurts from holding my kindle for endless hours and I haven’t cleaned anything. My husband keeps giving me *SIDE EYES*. I may have to lock myself in the bathroom so I can finish without his glaring looks at me. *sigh*. Thanks for the rec, girls!
- Sunshine and the Stalker by Dani René and K. Webster <— K. WEBSTER STALKER ALERT!!!! Tessa found one that she’s unsure she wants to read so who wants to guinea pig this one? I think it’ll be me. 😉 😛
Tessa: Alright, I found a blurb that sounded so me I really wanted to read it. A really awkward woman and a stalker guy. Except, he’s in his 40s and she’s 18. WHYYYYYY? Needless to say, I stopped after only two chapters when I found out their age. However, it did come recommended so if anyone is not like me with issues, then try it out. Erm, so the book had an actual title. *blushes* Sunshine and the Stalker by Dani René and K. Webster.
Amy: Tessa…I don’t have those type of issues and even *I* don’t think I could read that one. A barely-legal teenager and a grown-a$$ man stalking her? *shakes head*
Maryse: For me it’s not the age so much that worries me, since I love crazy stalker-books (and we know stalkers have no “reasoning” and are crazy-scary, so it would be fair to assume in this case too). I’m tempted because I love reading and exploring “how they tick” … and the scary stuff that comes with it.
- If I Wake by Nikki Moyes <— TEAR-JERKER ALERT!! Tessa LOVED it!
Tessa: Oh, FYI to anyone who likes emotional YA with time travel-ish. I finished my TBR challenge If I Wake by Nikki Moyes last night and OMG, it’s everything I’m usually looking for in a book. Its concept was different and unique, my heart ACHED a lot, and it all felt real. Seriously, though, there were major tears at one point. Big heads up on that.
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES
- Cathian (The Vorge Crew Book 1) by Laurann Dohner <— LAURANN DOHNER ALERT!! “…When Nara Barns and her tiny crew find themselves with a choice between jail or the sex-slave auction block, it’s an easy choice. Especially when they plan to escape their buyers as soon as possible, anyway. Even better, Nara’s buyer wants her for just six days, long enough to get him through his heat until women from his planet can come to his aid. Six days and then freedom? Sign her up...”
- A Cage of Moonlight (Dark Fae Academy Book 1) by Jenna Wolfhart
- The Blackstone She-Bear: Blackstone Mountain Book 7 by Alicia Montgomery
- A Wolf Apart (The Legend of All Wolves) by Maria Vale
- Brant: Science Fiction Romance (Enigma Series Book 11) by Ditter Kellen
- Ravensong (Green Creek Book 2) by T.J. Klune <— T.J. KLUNE M/M ROMANCE WEREWOLVES ALERT!!! “…they faced the beast together as a pack… and won. Now, a year later, Gordo has found himself once again the witch of the Bennett pack. Green Creek has settled after the death of Richard Collins, and Gordo constantly struggles to ignore Mark and the song that howls between them. But time is running out…”
- Infernal: A Dark Paranormal Romance (The Marked Saga Book 4) by Bianca Scardoni
- Aimless Witch (Questing Witch Series Book 1) by Shannon Mayer
- Hunted: Katieran Prime by KD Jones
- Don’t Stop Bewitching: A Happily Everlasting World Novel (Bewitchingly Ever After Book 1) by Mandy M. Roth
- The Krinar’s Obsession: Krinar World Novella by Melody Dawn
- True Light (From the Stars Book 1) by G. Bailey
- Submission Games (A Krinar World Novella) by Francesca Baez
- Phoenixash: A Reverse Harem Romance (The Rogue Witch Book 4) by KT Strange
- Taken (The Condemned Series Book 2) by Alison Aimes <— “Run-away breeder Ava Davies only wanted to live life on her own terms. Now she’s captive in a labor camp deep within Dragath25’s core, a sweltering maze of caves overrun by brutal prisoners-turned-slaves. Her only chance for survival? Appeasing the leader of the most powerful subterranean gang: a man from her past with his own score to settle…”
- Shades of Darkness by Nora Ash
- Edge of Nowhere by Felicia Davin
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES
- Wild Like the Wind (Chaos Book 6) by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY ALERT!!!! “…Hound has a secret. He fell in love with a woman years ago. She’s untouchable. Unattainable. And even when her status changes, for Hound, it remains the same. Keely Black had it all early and lost it all not long after. Thrown into an abyss of loss and grief, she’s faced a life of raising two sons alone and battling the rage at all that had been ripped from them. And why. Words spoken in anger open Hound’s and Keely’s eyes. For Hound, he sees he’s wasted his life loving the wrong woman. Keely sees she’s wasting her life not opening herself to the love of a good man.”
- Protected: A Masters and Mercenaries Novella by Lexi Blake
- Shadow’s Bane (Dorina Basarab) by Karen Chance
- Sweatpants Season by Danielle Allen
- CW Boys: Tell Me No Lies by C. Shell <— STARTING THE NEW YEAR WITH A HEARTACHE... “...I wasn’t supposed to start the New Year being single with my heart broken into a million jagged pieces, and yet, that is precisely what I’m dealing with. Dex might have hurt me, but I’ll be damned if I let his betrayal define me. Besides, I’ve got other things to deal with…”
- At Midnight: Billionaires in Disguise: Flicka (Runaway Princess Book 4) by Blair Babylon <— SERIES CONTINUATION (The Princess’s bodyguard alert!!) “…Dozens of military personnel, maybe hundreds, surrounded them, trying to kidnap Flicka. The only way out was with mercenaries hired by Raphael’s father. But Raphael’s father has other plans for them...”
- The Scarlet Affair (Blackwood Security Book 10) by Elise Noble
- The Case of the Sexy Shakespearean (The Middlemark Mysteries Book 1) by Tara Lain
- Hate to Crave You by Bella Love-Wins
- Reese (Sinners and Saints Book 2) by Piper Davenport
- Have Me: A mafia romance (Collateral Book 3) by LP Lovell
- Roughing the Kicker (Saints and Sinners Book 1) by Eden Butler <— EDEN BUTLER ALERT!! SHE’S THE NEW NFL KICKER (YES… SHE!!!!)… “…The NFL. A pro career. All eyes on the league’s new kicker. Millions of people expecting her to fail. But Reese wasn’t a novelty and the spot she landed on the New Orleans Steamers was one she planned to keep. With her teammates giving her hell and the world doubting her every move, Reese will have to fight harder than anyone else to make her dream a reality. Even if that means following the lead of Quarterback Ryder Glenn —the only man who brought her to the edge of ecstasy and the depths of heartbreak…” P.S. Don’t forget to check out her guest post today ➔ Eden Butler’s Top 5 Swoony Books To Read Over and Over
- Beyond the Bases by Kaylee Ryan
- JOKER: An Evil Dead MC Story (The Evil Dead MC Series Book 9) by Nicole James
- In High Cotton: Neely Kate Mystery #2 by Denise Grover Swank
- What Happens at Con: A Geek Girl Rom Com (Fandom Hearts Book 4) by Cathy Yardley
- Half Empty (First Wives Series Book 2) by Catherine Bybee
- Maneuver (Men of Inked: Southside Book 1) by Chelle Bliss <— CHELLE BLISS ALERT!! HE OFFERS HER AND HER BABY A PLACE TO STAY… “No money, no phone, and abandoned on the streets of Chicago. With my baby in my arms, I wander into a bar in a shady neighborhood and ask to use their phone. When my father turns us away and completely disowns me, the bar owner, and total hottie, offers us a place to stay…no strings attached…”
- Forever Guarded: Forever Bluegrass #10 by Kathleen Brooks
- Asp (Guardian Shadow World Book 2) by Kris Michaels
- Rogue Rapids (Redemption Mountain Historical Western Romance Book 11) by Shirleen Davies
- Called to Protect (Blue Justice Book #2) by Lynette Eason
- Love Me Tender, Love You Hard (Cooking With SEALs Book 1) by Sharon Hamilton
- Wounded Hearts by Julia Sykes <— HER ONE NIGHT STAND SHOWS UP AGAIN… “…Another night flirting with strangers; another night pretending I wasn’t desperately lonely. I met a man with pain in his eyes and lies on his lips. A man even more isolated and damaged than I was. For one passionate night, we held together the broken pieces of each other’s souls. When he shows up in my life months later, it can’t be coincidence…”
- Wounded Hearts by Elle James
- Anything For Us (The Hunter Brothers Book 3) by Lola StVil
- Born to Be Wilde: The Wildes of Lindow Castle by Eloisa James
- Double or Nothing (Shepherdsville Book 3) by Shawna Lynn Brooks
- Love, Loss & Baseball by Audrey Ravine
- I Am Grey by Jane Washington <— OH MY THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!!! “Me and you. It’ll never happen. Not today, not tomorrow, not five years from now. Not when some idiot breaks your heart, or when you realise what your little sundresses do to everyone. Not when you’re thirty, not when you’re fifty. I’m going to push your limits, break you down, make you cry, and in the end … I’ll save you.”
- Hacker Revelation (White Hat Security Book 5) by Linzi Baxter
- Covet (Vegas Sins Series Book 2) by Rosanna Leo
- Tightrope: Book 2 by Maddie Wade
- Dune Drive (The Chesapeake Diaries Book 12) by Mariah Stewart
- Puck Drop (Utah Fury Hockey Book 1) by Brittney Mulliner
- Mr Unforgettable: Lost Boys #3 by Karina Bliss
- Besotted (Beguiling Bachelors Book 4) by Madison Michael
- Bad Days (Four Days Book 3) by A. S. Kelly
- Darkest Night (Wired & Dangerous) by Megan Erickson
- The Protector: Games People Play by HelenKay Dimon
- Wanting You (Hollywood Heat) by Leslie A. Kelly
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Forget You, Ethan: An Enemies to Lovers Romance by Whitney G. August 3rd 2018
- The Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting – August 7th 2018
- Rush by Samantha Towle – August 7th 2018
- The Simple Wild: A Novel by K.A. Tucker – August 7th 2018
- Good Luck with That by Kristan Higgins – August 7th 2018
- Bad Man: A Novel by Dathan Auerbach – August 7th 2018
- As Dust Dances by Samantha Young – August 7th 2018
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time by Kylie Scott – August 7th 2018
- Fighting for What’s His (Warrior Fight Club) by Laura Kaye – August 7th 2018
- His True Queen (Smoke & Mirrors Duology Book 2) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – August 7th 2018
- Tailspin by Sandra Brown – August 7th 2018
- Serpentine (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton – August 7th 2018
- Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons Series) by Sarah J. Maas – August 7th 2018
- Too Bad So Sad (The Simple Man Series Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale – August 8th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).