Good morning and happy Monday everyone!!! LOOKIT WHAT JUST WENT LIVE EARLY!! My coffee is brewing and i’m going to put a big dollop of sugar-free whip cream on top and start this new week off right. 😉 I had a wonderful weekend that I’ll never forget. Let me tell you about it:
1.) I went to a graduation this Saturday. I’d never been to one before (other than my own so many years ago 😉 ) and it was such a beautiful ceremony, and we were all so proud (he graduated with honors!). A wonderful day spent with friends and family and loved ones and we had a small celebration party at my house. Grilling and swimming and laughing and taking so many photos. I was exhausted but elated by nighttime and fell asleep with a smile on my face.
2.) I am SO IN LOVE with Reformation dresses. Especially the mini dresses. So flirty and leg baring but really classy. I just got a great deal on two of them (this one and this one) that were on sale because they only had one left in my size and I squeeeeed so loud. What luck!! On me, they’re not as mini as they are on the models ’cause I’m so short, so I wore the grey one with the tie around the neck to the graduation ceremony.
3.) I want to thank Jan, Linda and Mari for adamantly recommended their 5-star May favorite, “Carry the World“. I am devouring it as we speak, and absolutely in love with it. It’s not my usual genre (the story is taking place during the Depression era) but the rest of it totally screams MY THING!! It’s about a librarian that delivers books to those living reclusively in the mountains and there’s one grieving single father of 2 little ones that she’s particularly fond of. Oh I AM IN LOVE with this book!!! I’m absolutely positive it’s going to be 5 stars for me too. The writing is exquisite, and I feel like I’m living in it, not just reading it. Hooked and happy!!! I think for me, when it comes to historical romance, I’m not so much “Victorian/Regency and more… this. The historical romance books I’ve loved tend to be wartime and depression era struggles. Next might just be “Years” by LaVyrle Spencer that so many recommended. I’m ready.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- In the Arms of the Elite: A High School Bully Romance (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep Book 4) by C.M. Stunich <— C.M. Stunich’s latest in her bully-book series is LIVE! MUST BE READ IN ORDER!! “…We fell in love with the charity case. Idols of the school, the kings of the campus, and we’re nothing without her. Marnye Elizabeth Reed. This girl has twisted our world upside down…”
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: A Standalone Romance (Always Satisfied Book 1) by Lauren Blakely <— HIS PARTNER’S DAUGHTER ALERT!! “…She’s the one who got away, and now she’s back in my life, working in my office, where all I have to do is resist her every single second of the day. Then, she starts it. She issues me a challenge I can’t back down from. Make her purr like no man has done before. Fine, she’s my business partner’s daughter. And, yes, she happens to be my ex-fling…”
- Cruel Intentions: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Rydeville High Elite Book 1) by Siobhan Davis <— THEY RULE UNTIL THREE NEW GUYS SHOW UP… “…Life is a cruel game where only the most ruthless survive. It’s a truth my mother rebelled against, and she paid for it with her life. Now, I play their game. Publicly accepting the destiny that lies in wait for me when I turn eighteen. But, behind closed doors, I plot my escape. Trent, Charlie, and my twin, Drew, rule the hallways of Rydeville High with arrogance and an iron fist. I execute my role perfectly, hating every second, but they never let me forget my place in this world. Everyone obeys the rules.…”
- Any Witch Way But Goode: A Cozy Paranormal Mystery ((Un)Lucky Valley Book 2) by Michelle M. Pillow
- Penance by Sharon Sala
- Wrath of the Goddess (Goddess with a Blade Book 5) by Lauren Dane <— LAUREN DANE ALERT!!“…Rowan Summerwaite, elite hunter and human vessel to the goddess Brigid, has returned home to Las Vegas—and she’s mad as hell. It seems someone thought they could eliminate Rowan and everyone she holds dear. That someone was dead wrong...”
- Summer Kisses by Sarah Morgan
- Prince of Killers: A Fog City Novel by Layla Reyne <— No indiscriminate killing. No collateral damage. No unvetted targets. “…Dante looks like a rock god and carries himself like one too, all loose-limbed and casually confident. He also carries a concealed weapon, a private investigator’s license, and a message for the prince. Someone inside Hawes’s organization is out to kill the future king...”
- My Summer of Love (Angels of Mercy Book 1) by SA Collins <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…On the cusp of his senior year at Mercy High, Elliot Donahey, an out but terminally shy gay young man who keeps to the shadows—never wanting to be seen or noticed—suddenly finds himself in the arms of the highest profile jock on campus, local star quarterback, Marco Sforza. Their lives, and the ones of those closest to them, will never be the same...”
- Forever: The Companion (Renzo + Lucia Book 4) by Bethany-Kris
- Man Fast (Bergen Brothers Book 1) by Krista Sandor
- Broken Baby (Sugar Babies Book 2) by Charity Parkerson
- The Trunk by Linda Mooney
- The Trials of Blackbriar Academy: an academy reverse harem fantasy romance adventure series by Olivia Ash
- No Jerks on Monday by Misti Murphy and Tami Lund <– HE WAS A JERK… “…Jake Anders looks like he should be on the cover of an Australian firefighters calendar; instead he owns a winery that makes a fabulous rosé. The first time I met him, he was a jerk…”
- Until You: A Standalone Romantic Thriller by Clair Delaney
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Fix Her Up: A Novel by Tessa Bailey – June 11th 2019
- Hide Your Crazy (KPD Motorcycle Patrol Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale – June 11th 2019
More Than Anything (The Broken Pieces Book 1) by Natasha Anders – June 11th 2019
- Dirty Money: Neely Kate Mystery #3 by Denise Grover Swank – June 11th 2019
- Man of the Year by Caroline Louise Walker – June 11th 2019
- The Summer Guests by Mary Alice Monroe – June 11th 2019
- The Summer of Sunshine and Margot by Susan Mallery – June 11th 2019
- The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn) by Jamie McGuire – June 11th 2019
- Kickin’ It (Red Card Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken – June 12th 2019
- Wild, Crazy Hearts (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill – Oak Falls Book 4) by Melissa Foster – June 12th 2018
- Written with You (The Regret Duet Book 2) by Aly Martinez – June 13th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).