Monday Earlybird Book Releases – 05-07-18

by Maryse on May 7, 2018 · 51 comments

Happy Monday everyone!! Another week and quite a few books jumped in early!

LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE :D !

• Bad Boy Brody by Tijan <— LIVE!!! TIJAN’S LATEST!!! “…The media didn’t care he was grieving his brother’s death. They descended on him, but to change his reputation, his manager got him a deal. Act in an indie film, one that already had Oscar buzz, and he’d get the movie roles he needed to secure his future. He took the deal. Yet he wasn’t prepared for the real-life people behind the script. He wasn’t prepared for the murder the movie was based on. And he really wasn’t prepared for her, the biggest secret of all...”
  • Lead Me Home: A Fight for Me Stand-Alone Novel by A.L. Jackson <— LIVE!!! A.L. JACKSON ALERT!! “…She’s the girl I’ve loved my whole life. She’s gorgeous. Caring. Every single thing I’ve ever wanted but denied myself. She was my sister’s best friend, and I destroyed any chance of keeping her. When her safety is threatened, I have a second chance to do the right thing. But as soon as she moves in, I want her in all the wrong ways…”
  • The Wreck of Our Hearts by Yajna Ramnath <— LIVE!!! TWO BROKEN SOULS MEET.. “...Aria has spent the last year trying very hard to get over the guy who crushed her heart. While the world thinks that she is being dramatic, Aria cannot escape from the heartache that haunts her like a ghost. Dasher has spent two years trying to get over the death of someone who meant the world to him. While his family thinks that it is high time he move on and stop acting out, Dasher cannot escape the emptiness he feels where the one he loved should be.  On a dark night in the middle of Brooklyn Bridge, an accident brings both these broken souls together. They form a pact to hold each other up, no judgement, no questions. But love is a fickle beast that creeps up on even the most unsuited couples...”
  • Hooked On You (The Chicago Rebels Series Book 4) by Kate Meader <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! “...Bren St. James has been labeled a lot of things: the Puck Prince, Lord of the Ice, Hell’s Highlander…but it’s the latest tag that’s making headlines: washed-up alcoholic has-been. This season, getting his life back on track and winning the Cup are his only goals. With no time for relationships—except the fractured ones he needs to rebuild with his beautiful daughters—he’s finding it increasingly hard to ignore sexy, all-up-in-his-beard Violet Vasquez. And when he finds himself in need of a nanny just as the playoffs are starting, he’s faced with a temptation he could so easily get hooked on. For two lost souls, there’s more on the line than just making the best of a bad situation…
  • Adrift (Cruising Book 1) by L.A. Witt <– M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! They’re on a cruise… “…When the two men run into each other—literally—it’s crush at first sight. Now Andrew can’t think of anyone else, and Eric only wants one man in his bed. The sparks fly, and it’s the perfect vacation fling, especially since ten days isn’t nearly enough time to develop feelings. At least, it’s not supposed to be…”
  • Secret Sundays (Fat Fridays Group Book 3) by Judith Keim
  • Love, Inevitable (Colorado Mountain Novels Book 1) by Xana Jordan
  • Saving the Bride: An Accidental Marriage Romance by Kira Blakely
  • Red (A Brett MacLean Duet) by J.M. Walker <— LIVE!! J.M. WALKER ALERT!! “...that happiness faded away when she came into our lives. No control. No power. Just heartbreak and unwanted submission. We were forced to our knees at the sight of her. The words falling from her lips were like nails digging at our soul because we knew. We would have to go through hell to get out of this…”
  • The Ruthless Gentleman by Louise Bay <— LIVE!! SHE’S A STEWARDESS ON A YACHT… “…Hayden Wolf’s a man who’s used to getting exactly what he demands. Despite being serious and focused. Demanding and ruthless. He’s also charming when I least expect it as well as being devastatingly handsome with an almost irresistible smile. But guests are strictly off limits and I’ve never broken a rule. Not even bent one. My family are depending on me and I can’t lose my job. Only problem is Hayden Wolf is looking at me like I just changed his life. And he’s touching me like he’s about to change mine…”
  • Seasons: The Complete Seasons of Betrayal Series by Bethany-Kris & London Miller <— MAFIA SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!! Oh my!!! “...One, Russian—a Bratva heir. The other, Italian—a Cosa Nostra princess. Life, family, and tradition demand they keep their distance, but lust and love never learned to play by the rules. With fathers like theirs, determined to keep them apart no matter the cost, New York City isn’t ready for the hell they’ll rain down for this.  No one is...”
  • Aiden: Vested Interest #2 (Vested Interest Series) by Melanie Moreland <— LIVE!! “…Haunted by memories of his past, Aiden plays the part of the happy-go-lucky friend. Always ready with a teasing smile or a joke, he is good at hiding his pain. Using his impressive physique as a shield, he keeps his past buried beneath his rugged exterior. Except, one woman sees through his façade...”
  • My Every Breath: A Romantic Suspense Novel (The King Family Book 2) by Brittney Sahin <— LIVE!! IRISH MOB ALERT! “...After ten years of living in the shadow of the Irish mob, Gia Callaghan wants nothing more than to escape the darkness of her life. Her burning desire for answers about her past has her constantly plotting new ways to flee. When she comes face-to-face with the one man who might be able to help her, she’ll have to decide exactly how much his life is worth…”
  • Let Me Watch: A Dark Romance by Sansa Rayne <— SHE GOES VIRAL & HE’S A MONSTER……She’s an artist, beautiful and fearless. Her sexually deviant exhibitions have rocked the New York art scene. Her perverse public performances go viral every time. But one obsessive fan wants to do more than watch. Pretty soon, watching won’t be enough. He can’t control his urge for much longer..
  • Fallout Girl: A Romantic Suspense Novel (Hollywood Lights Series #5) by Katie Rose Guest Pryal <— LIVE!! SHE’S ON THE RUN... “...She wants to disappear and start over. She arrives on the Los Angeles doorstep of college friend Daphne Saito, and even though Miranda hasn’t seen Daphne in years, Daphne welcomes Miranda into her home and her makeshift L.A. family. The problem is, Miranda is on the run from family. All family. Family, in Miranda’s experience, can get you killed. Miranda takes off again, but this time her plan is much more sinister...”
  • Recipe for Disaster (Men of the Secret Service Book 1) by Tracy Solheim <— LIVE!! THE WHITE HOUSE CHEF & THE SECRET SERVICE AGENT ALERT!! “...White House pastry chef Marin Chevalier desperately needs a date to her cousin’s society wedding. Unfortunately, her busy schedule leaves her little opportunity to meet eligible men. When a sexy Secret Service agent shows up in her kitchen—and just about everywhere else she goes—Marin believes she’s finally met the perfect date. But when a series of frightening accidents and near misses plague her, Marin must rely on Griffin as more than just her “plus-one…
  • Royal Brat by Madison Faye <— LIVE!! “...It takes a strong hand to be King. It takes discipline, and control. I may be rough around the edges, but as King, my rules will be followed, not challenged. …That all goes to hell when she barges into my world. Duchess Riley Noles – blonde, blued-eye, and five-foot-four of pure f**king trouble. She’s wild, out of control and all sorts of challenging – a pretty little hurricane crashing right into me…”

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (look what’s going live at MIDNIGHT!! :D )

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Nay May 7, 2018 at 6:16 AM

Good morning! Looking forward to starting the Atheists Who Kneel and Pray BR this morning!!

D.G. May 7, 2018 at 6:39 AM

*whispers morning to Nay*. Been up since 3:30 am to head off to adventures in DC with the kiddos. Need a lot more coffee, a sleep mask and earplugs…
But I did start Fallen Heir last night and there are a ton more that look awesome of the list. Plenty of reading time on this 13 hr bus ride!

Leslie M May 7, 2018 at 7:14 AM

Good Morning. What is the opposite of a glitter bomb? A stink bomb?

*sets off stink bomb ’cause Monday mornings stink*

I need someone to light a giant spark under my butt to get me motivated.

Maryse May 7, 2018 at 8:02 AM

*ugh runs from stink bomb*

*gags a little* :P

*looks fo bev so she can make us yummy coffee ’cause Leslie is causing a stink!*

Leslie M May 7, 2018 at 8:27 AM

Sorry…..*sprays air freshener*

Lead Me Home cover is niiiiiiice and story sounds good too! I am also liking The Wreck of Our Hearts.

bev May 7, 2018 at 9:05 AM

Ok.
We should try and have a good Monday. I’ve been so blah and blech lately.

We should all treat ourselves to a nice coffee or whatever drink today. And just sit and enjoy it. Buy it and sit and people watch, read, come here or make it at home and turn on some music whatever.
So I have been really irritable lately and part of me wants to blare DMX Up In Here, lol.

But I think I will take a gentler approach to my Monday. No not going through a break up but love the feel and imagery of this song:

bev May 7, 2018 at 9:06 AM

DG!!! So LUCKY! I’d love to see DC. Listen to Hamilton. Are there still cherry blossoms?

Tessa May 7, 2018 at 9:32 AM

Magic Triumphs comes out Aug. 28, not this month. It was pushed back a while ago when they had a family thing that took precedence.

*one clicks Bad Boy Brody* Even though the title… UGH. You know how I feel about that phrase in a title.

I’ll begin Atheist as soon as my re-read is done (almost done).

Leslie M May 7, 2018 at 9:52 AM

I sooooooo want to go DC. Me & my son WICKED want to vacation there but hubs thinks it’s boring. I think we need to ditch him and go on our own.

But some exciting news. My son is taking a day trip to NYC with his school to visit 911 museum & holocaust museum.

Jean May 7, 2018 at 10:12 AM

Happy Monday!

I had to 1-click Bad Boy Brody too Tessa!

Loving, loving, loving Atheists Who Kneel and Pray!!! I think my heart’s gonna get hurt though….

Nay May 7, 2018 at 1:50 PM

Jean–me too!

DG–Oooh, have fun! I loved DC when I went there back in college. I really enjoyed the Smithsonian Inst. and Museum and the Alexandria Historic District.

Leslie–how great for your son to get to visit those museums!

bev May 7, 2018 at 3:12 PM

How great for him, Leslie. Do you get to go?

D.G. May 7, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Bev, I will have to let you know once we get there if the cherry blossoms are still in bloom. Still on the never ending bus ride. Need sleep…stat. Need protein…stat. Need coffee…major stat!

Leslie- NYC is amazing! Hope you get to go with your son!

Ashley May 7, 2018 at 5:09 PM

Bane by L.J. Shen went live. Also, the Audible daily deal is Ghosted by J.M. Darhower. I bought it this morning and listened to it at work today…it was SO good! I love a great second chance romance.

Leslie M May 7, 2018 at 5:11 PM

No, I am not going with him. :(

Leslie M May 7, 2018 at 5:12 PM

Ashley, Ghosted is one of my all time faves!!!

Amy May 7, 2018 at 6:19 PM

Jean! I’m so glad you’re reading Atheists!! By the end I was drained emotionally but my heart was so full. And yes, your heart is gonna get hurt. Just sayin’.

Amy May 7, 2018 at 6:20 PM

I second bev’s idea.

*looks at clock*

Well, maybe tomorrow since it’s after 4:00 here. Or we could have drinks! :D

MichelleS May 7, 2018 at 6:42 PM

I’m reading Balance – the hot gymnastics coach who falls for his athlete. I don’t want to cringe at the age difference (he’s 32 & shes 15). Gasp!!! I’m just pretending I’m a gymnast & it’s every girl’s dream.

MichelleS May 7, 2018 at 6:43 PM

Ooh. A new LJ Chen book? Love her writing!

Jan May 7, 2018 at 7:10 PM

Hooked on You. Hmmm. Blurb sounds good, except for for the ‘all-up-in-his-beard’ bit. Ha ha ha. Do I go there? I’m craving a decent new sports romance. The cover is a bit odd. What’s he doing with his shirt??????

*goes to download sample of Hooked On You*

Hubs and I are going out to do some shopping soon. Will pick up coffees for all you coffee cravers.

Jean May 7, 2018 at 7:18 PM

Finished Atheists and absolutely loved it! Sorry I waited so long to read it. Tarryn Fisher has a way of creating totally real characters that I become completely invested in.

MichelleS, I have found I love all LJ Shen’s books too! Have to check that out.

bev May 7, 2018 at 7:35 PM

I didn’t get a chance for a drink either. Oh Mondays. Tomorrow for sure.

I’m actually happy because new eps of My Ahjussi comes out this week. It’s like an anticipated book release.
I need to try LJ Shen. I know I have one downloaded….Midnight something? I think?

Cheryl May 7, 2018 at 7:45 PM

I have Atheists on my tbr but honestly I have been scared to read it. I know it’s going to hurt, because of course it’s TF, but also scared it’s one of “those” books. *winks at Amy & Maryse*

Jean May 7, 2018 at 7:50 PM

Cheryl, it’s really good. You would love it! I was hesitant too.

bev May 7, 2018 at 7:58 PM

Because they both die at the end? I know. I was shocked. That was brutal, but …
I mean I read the blurb and saw:

Neither is willing to surrender, but religion always requires sacrifice.

I just didn’t mean they meant human sacrifice I just thought the author was being melodramatic.
Kudos to her.

Cheryl May 7, 2018 at 8:07 PM

Yes Bev, exactly that. *sarcasm with jazz hands* ;)

marina May 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM

I love LJ Shen too! Love her Sinners of Saint series and Bane is a new one right? I’m anxiously finishing Ride which has totally sucked me in. And on to Bane next.

Tessa May 7, 2018 at 8:49 PM

Jean, you finished and I just started Atheist. Not happy with there being a prologue like that, but I still am all for it!

bev May 7, 2018 at 9:08 PM

Lol.

Hey , I’m spoiling all the books until Maryse watches My Ahjussi.
All her favorite books….have we talked about the one that ends with a
” I hear that train a comin”

Maryse May 7, 2018 at 10:01 PM

*gasp*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryse May 7, 2018 at 10:03 PM

Agreed Jean! Tarryn is a one-click for me ALWAYS.

Maryse May 7, 2018 at 10:04 PM

MichelleS GASP!!!

That must be the “EXTREMELY FORBIDDEN” that was mentioned…

Jen C May 8, 2018 at 2:16 AM

I’ve just finished an arc of Arrogant Devil and utterly adored the two main characters. Funny and entertaining as I now expect from Rachel but had some deeper things going on to really give the book a bit of heart.

And couldn’t agree more with the Tarryn comments. HANGING OUT for her book with Willow eeee, can’t wait!

MichelleS May 8, 2018 at 8:54 AM

Maryse.,. Right?!?!? I’m sure some major drama is just around the corner. Her coach, he’s friends with her dad, jealous other gymnasts, a girlfriend, sheesh. It’s going to hit the fan soon. Real life me hates this guy. Wants to string him up. Book me secretly likes it. I’m warped.

MichelleS May 8, 2018 at 8:57 AM

And he’s Russian… and hot… and never uses contractions of speech… cause he’s Russian… and hot. Did I mention how hot he was? Of course she’s attracted to him! But he knows better. Bastard. Need to get back to the story… (I’m having a love-hate relationship with this book. It’s messing with my conscience.)

Amy May 8, 2018 at 9:09 AM

MichelleS, this question won’t surprise you but…his or her POV?

Because I’m all kinds of intrigued right now. Cringing, but intrigued.

MichelleS May 8, 2018 at 9:13 AM

Just her POV. Which is why I like it. No clue what he’s thinking! Of course she’s drooling.

MichelleS May 8, 2018 at 9:16 AM

I work at a High School, I see girls her age every day. My ethical side says, “oh no he didn’t!”… my evil book twin say, “oh yes he did”. The struggle is real.

Jean May 8, 2018 at 10:22 AM

Omg MichelleS…… you are literally having an internal fight with your conscious! You are cracking me up and making me want to read the damn book!

Tasha J May 8, 2018 at 11:10 AM

I just made barbecue turkey chunks in the air fryer! I feel like chef boy r d!! Lol…I didn’t even know turkey breasts existed until last month, they look like chicken breasts. So, I cooked em like the medallions. They’d be great w/some corn on the cob and tater salad or something, but I’m too tired and lazy for that. So chips and melon it is. Lol
And I’m drinking iced coffee with it, don’t judge! :P

Amy May 8, 2018 at 11:26 AM

Okay, I’m sold. Clicking it now.

Amy May 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM

You know, Balance reminds me of the other taboo books dealing with older man/younger girl storylines which just worked…even if I cringed the whole time. Not all books which have tried this have been successful, but when they have it is tummy twisting! Drowning Instinct (oh, my heart), The Truth About You and Me (he didn’t know she was only 16…EEEP!), and so many others.

I’m still on the fence about Suicide Woods…she was pretty messed up to begin with, and the book left me feeling some odd feels. Like, REALLY odd feels. And yet I couldn’t NOT finish it. :?

Nay May 8, 2018 at 1:37 PM

I’ll say it again–I LOVED Balance and Execution!!! I was *that* girl when I was younger, so it’s very easy for me to put myself in her place. I never dated a guy that much older, but I wanted to–badly–and someone I knew did, and it was so dangerous and sexy!! The closest I got was dating a 25 year old when I was 17.

Tasha J May 8, 2018 at 6:11 PM
Jan May 8, 2018 at 6:42 PM

Oh yeah, I’m not surprised they’d make The Passage into a TV series. It’s pretty epic, and has all the right ingredients. I’d watch that, as long as it’s DONE WELL.

Jean May 8, 2018 at 7:24 PM

Here’s me being stupid…..I didn’t know The Passage was a vampire story. I’ve had it on my TBR forever!

Tasha J May 9, 2018 at 7:23 AM

I hope it’s good! I’ll watch when it comes out too!

Maryse May 10, 2018 at 9:30 PM

Nay!!! I love your confession <— THAT is why we GET these books. So many of us have been there in a way (or THAT way)…

Kiblee May 11, 2018 at 4:48 PM

Just finished Jewel Ann’s Epoch from the Transend Duet in shortest time ever. There are no tissues left in my house and my daughter has a cold. She’s stuck with napkins until I make it to the store. Has anyone read Jewel’s other books? Are they just as good ? I going to jump in to Jack and Jill series.

Jean May 11, 2018 at 9:11 PM

The Jack and Jill series is really good! She is a great author!