Monday Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight! 01-07-19

by Maryse on January 7, 2019 · 32 comments

<— HAPPY MONDAY!!! What a way to start off the week!!! And there are quite a few more that went live early that have me clapping with glee (plus I’ll add more if we get any more early bird surprises).

But first… three things:

1.) My Christmas Tree is down. I miss it already…

2.) I’m so sleepy this  morning (nice deep sleep that I woke up from) that my coffee came out as hot water. Yep. Forgot the coffee (it’s rebrewing now..)

3.) Annnnnnd my coffee is calling meeeeee!! YAY MEEE!! Cofffeeeeeee…. (sorry, I totally cheated today’s three things). LOL!

P.S. A few fun things:

• HUGE KINDLE UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP DEAL <— OMG!!! eek Amazon extended this super-bargain membership (<— 3 months for a super-steal)!!! Did you miss it the last time? Now’s your chance. JUMP ON IT!!! :D !!!! This deal ends in just a few days…
  • AMAZON IS STILL HAVING A KINDLE UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP DEAL!!! This is valid for EVERYONE and not just new members!! :D !!! Instead of the monthly payment plan, you can save BIG time if you sign up for (P.S. This deal ends in just a few days…):
  1. ➔ 6 MONTHS (20% off!) ➔ https://amzn.to/2GBquXg
  2. ➔ 1 YEAR (33% off) ➔ https://amzn.to/2SfXmGt
  3. ➔ 2 YEARS (40% OFF) ➔ https://amzn.to/2Gwonns

LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE :D !!!

1. The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen <— L.J. SHEN ALERT!!!!!! LOVE TRIANGLE/MARITAL STRIFE INTENSITY!!!! OH MY MY MY!!! “...They say the vows you take on your wedding day are sacred. Mine were broken before we left church.They say your heart only beats for one man. Mine split and bled for two rivals who fought for it until the bitter end. I was promised to Angelo Bandini, the heir to one of the most powerful families in the Chicago Outfit. Then taken by Senator Wolfe Keaton, who held my father’s sins over his head to force me into marriage.  They say that all great love stories have a happy ending. I, Francesca Rossi, found myself erasing and rewriting mine until the very last chapter. One kiss. Two men. Three lives. Entwined together. And somewhere between these two men, I had to find my forever.”
  2. Brant’s Return by Mia Sheridan <— LIVE!!!! MIA SHERIDAN’S LATEST!!! HE DOESN’T TRUST HER… “When he learns that his estranged father is dying, he must return to his family’s Kentucky horse farm – and to a past he thought he left behind. While facing long-buried truths, he collides with his father’s secretary, Isabelle Farris. Despite his undeniable attraction to the beautiful, independent young woman, he sees secrets in her eyes...”
  3. Prisoner of Night (The Black Dagger Brotherhood series) by J.R. Ward <— J.R. WARD BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD ALERT!! “…Duran, betrayed by his father, imprisoned in a dungeon for decades, has survived only because of his thirst for vengeance. He has been biding his time to escape and is shocked to find an unlikely and temporary freedom in the form of a determined young female...”
  4. Ransom (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team Book 1) by Laramie Briscoe <— LARAMIE BRISCOE ALERT!! HE’S A K-9 COP & SHE’S KNOW HIM SINCE THEY WERE SMALL… “…When I’m stuck in an examination room holding a hurt woman and a man with a gun, I do the only thing I can. I sneak out, call 911 and hope help comes quickly. It does. In the form of Ransom Thompson. He and I have known each other since we were babies. Our mother’s are friends, our dad’s work together, and we’ve always been friends. Only, the last few months I’ve started to notice things. How mature he is, how alpha he can be, the chiseled six-pack, and the abundance of ink spreading across his body. When I offer to cook him dinner for saving me, neither one of us know how that one moment will change the course of the rest of our lives…”
  5. VAS (The V Games Book 3) by K. Webster and Ker Dukey <— K. WEBSTER & KER DUKEY ALERT!! MUST BE READ IN ORDER: “...Games have been played, and now, they must end. I am Vas. Vocal. Voracious. Vindictive. Volkov. A devil in love with an angel, and together, we’re going to rule Hell on Earth…”
  6. Forgiving Keven: A Stand-Alone Second Chance Romance by Siobhan Davis
  7. Alpha Bonds (Alpha Horde Book 2) by Milana Jacks
  8. Forward Progress (Men of Fall Book 1) by S.R. Grey
  9. Hold On To Me by Taylor Holloway
  10. Finding Alexei by Kendall Ryan <— KENDALL RYAN ALERT!! PRO FOOT-BALL PLAYER HELPS HER... “…I’m fiercely independent and need a man like I need a second period each month. So when our worlds collide, I never expected him to be the one to jump in and save me. Especially not when my roommate disappears, leaving me with her baby. I’m clueless about babies—and it shows. Good thing Alexei isn’t…”
  11. Asher (Heartbreakers & Troublemakers Book 6) by Hope Hitchens <— THEY’RE TOTAL OPPOSITES… “…I knew my life changed forever the moment he walked into it. I’m breathless. Fighting my own desires. I’m falling for him. Deep, hard and fast…”
  12. Wishing On A Star (A Shooting Stars Novel Book 3) by Terri Osburn
  13. Privilege (Renzo + Lucia Book 1) by Bethany-Kris <— SHE’S A MAFIA PRINCESS & HE’S A DRUG DEALER… “…She’s high society from the upscale suburbs. He’s a drug dealer from New York’s slums. They just weren’t meant to be … until they were...”
  14. Tease Him (ManTrap Book 2) by Olivia Jaymes
  15. Down & Dirty: Linc (Dirty Angels MC Book 9) by Jeanne St. James
  16. Save Me From Myself (Nashville Secrets Book 1) by Stacey Lewis
  17. Playing with Love by Jess Gleam <— SINGLE MOM & BROKE & HER NOISY NEIGHBOR… “…I’m a single mom. I’m flat-out broke.
    I need to prove to my estranged parents I’m neither of those things.
    The only way I can do that? Invite my violin-torturing neighbor into my life.
    For the sake of my son’s future, we’re about to embark on a fake relationship. If only he could fake an interest in me…”

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (going live at midnight!!!  :D )

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Leslie M January 7, 2019 at 7:53 AM

Good morning! :)

1, My tree(s) came down yesterday and I miss them too. I miss the lights and festive feel. I still have misc. decorations to put away.

2, Getting caught up on laundry and grocery shopping. I think I will make pasta fagioli for dinner.

3, Just started Making Faces by Amy Harmon and I have feeling it’s not going to be for me. *defeated sigh* It’s reminding me of A Different Blue which was too fiction-y/not enough romance for my taste which makes me bored. Third person narration w/o a lot of dialogue is also hard for me to follow.

Leslie M January 7, 2019 at 8:36 AM

Two extra things:

4, It’s 10 degrees here but the “feel” is -2. Brrrrr. *grabs blanket and hot coffee*

5, Maryse, did you get my best of list? I emailed last week. For some reason I can’t send via the “contact me” thing on blog. No biggie, just checking.

DG January 7, 2019 at 8:54 AM

Good morning lovelies!

Three things…
1. Since some folks – no names called – lured me into reading The Cruel Prince, I am waiting impatiently for The Wicked King to drop.
2. I have a crazy week ahead…school,work, watch my kid wrestle, repeat.
3. My coffee did not do its job this morning…I really need another cup!

Thanks Maryse for the wonderfully list today…found a couple that might tide me over.

DG January 7, 2019 at 8:56 AM

Leslie, just no. Anything around 10 is way too cold for me. We are at 49 but should be around 70 by afternoon.

Amy January 7, 2019 at 9:06 AM

Okay…why the name Vas? Because I can’t see Vas without thinking deferens. PLEASE don’t tell me the name was intentional… :?

Amy January 7, 2019 at 9:10 AM

Three things:

1. I don’t want to go to work. Let’s play hooky!

2. I had too much raspberry wine last night. But MAN was it good!

3. I finished the Dr. Death podcast (so hauntingly good) and now I’m hooked on the Dirty John podcast.

Tasha J January 7, 2019 at 9:25 AM

1. I’m eating chicken & apple sausage with French toast and an almond milk latte with cinnamon and I can even taste chunks of apple in the sausage. Yum. Chili for supper tonight.

2. I’m WAY behind on all readers favorites. My goal is to catch up this week and actually write out a list of to-reads.

3. I’m sad xmas break is over. I got so little accomplished. So, today I’m organizing Bc Christmas toys have messed up my system.

Steph N January 7, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Good morning! Can someone tell me what HNF means?

1-Signed up for two of the reader challenges on GR. I’m not on there too much but I finally put it on my phone so I can maybe check in during lunch and not be such a stranger! :)

2-I’m looking for a great queso recipe without velvetta. Does anyone have one?

3-I work Wednesday to Saturday currently. Hoping for a schedule change soon. Fingers crossed. I’m much rather work the only other option which is Sunday to Wednesday. I work at the place where we buy a LOT of our books from. :)

Maryse~ I sent in a reader question and a favorites list. Can you see if you received them? I ask because I’ve sent in some stuff previously and never heard anything. Thanks!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Michele G January 7, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Steph, I don’t know about HNF…maybe they meant HFN which I think is “Happy for Now”? If you find a good queso recipe without velveeta, I’d love to see it…not a velveeta fan myself…

DG – I’m also eagerly awaiting the drop of The Wicked King. Did you get a chance to read The Lost Sisters? It’s a novella…written like a letter from Tarryn to Jude trying to explain her actions…it actually kind of helped me understand a few things a little better. It’s only about 50 pages long…I got it through my library.

1. I’m sad about this full 5 day work week. I loved the short holiday weeks so much more!

2. All my Christmas stuff is down and my house looks so empty. I still need to give it a good cleaning…but that’s for another day.

3. Several books up there are calling me. I’m most definitely hearing the most noise from The Kiss Thief. I have so many “on the burner” as it is right now but I realllllyyyy want to read that one.

DG January 7, 2019 at 11:11 AM

Michelle – yes! I did read The Lost Sisters. I am really looking forward to see how it plays into The Wicked King. So impatient!!!

R. Renee January 7, 2019 at 11:29 AM

HFN is Happy for Now.

And in Texas Velveeta is practically a vegetable! We’re pretty basic with our go-to queso. Mix 1 lb of Velveeta (cubed) with a can of no-bean chili OR a can of Rotel tomatoes OR both, heat and eat.

Tasha J January 7, 2019 at 11:43 AM

Sophie Kinsella’s Suprise Me is on sale for 2.99 from 12.99. I’ve not read it yet, but I wanted to.

Tasha J January 7, 2019 at 11:58 AM

So, back when I was obsessed with making homemade kids lunches, and low processed food, I started following Laura Fuentes. She had a homemade velveeta recipe that I really wanted to try, but I never had the occasion to use it. I never use velveeta either, though. Anyway, within this link is her recipe to a homemade version of velveeta, but also, this link has a way to thicken it and recipe ideas. https://www.myepicureanadventures.com/2013/08/momveeta-homemade-velveeta-cheese-and.html

Robyn January 7, 2019 at 12:28 PM

Hi Everyone!
3 things
1. My Christmas tree came down a few days after Christmas and hit the dumpster on Saturday and I was so happy! I love Christmas, but not decorating or u decorating the tree.

2. The Wicked King is out tomorrow and that’s all I can think about! I’m with ya DG! I need more paranormal/UF books STAT!

3. I’m off to exercise. My Christmas company have all left, so back to the grind and I mean grind cuz I hate exercise!

Jenn January 7, 2019 at 12:46 PM

Happy Monday Everyone!

Maryse-AWESOME list up there-thank you :-)

Leslie-it is 20 here but with windchill feels like 10; not as cold as you but freaking cold.

Tasha-your number 1 made me super hungry-now I want breakfast food for dinner.

Amy-My wine chicka-you got me hooked on the blueberry one now I need to try the rasberry-Yum

DG-my coffee never does it’s job as I am immune to it I think; I can drink a cup and go right to bed…

Michele-I agree 5 day work week….not a fan and makes me sad too. I loved being home with my dogs and bundling up and going for long walks. It was awesome but short lived. By the time I get home from work I only have a 1/2 hr before it is dark so they only get a short walk. I will not walk them in the dark.

R-Velveeta/Texas/Vegetable that cracks me up. I don’t mind it at all the only cheese ruined for me (and can you really call it cheese) was the jar Cheez Whiz; as a kid one of our meals that I had to eat was poor man dinner and it was made with that-I literally will gag just smelling it.

Steph N January 7, 2019 at 1:57 PM

I’m probably going to have to resort to Velveeta again. There was a restaurant that I worked at years ago called “Tia’s Tex Mex”. I could drink their queso I was so in love with it. I’ve been on the hunt ever since to make it like that at home!

R. Renee January 7, 2019 at 2:51 PM

Oh Cheez Whiz just no! I love Velveeta but I’ll only use it in “fake queso” and as a secret ingredient in mac n cheese (in addition to the other cheese(s) to make it extra creamy). And sometimes on nachos but only for nostalgic reasons.

Maryse January 7, 2019 at 2:54 PM

I have it Leslie!!! :) It will be going up this week. I’ve got at least another 5 or 6 lists to post (including yours) so we’ve got a goooooood week of 5-star temptation coming.

Leslie M January 7, 2019 at 3:56 PM

Thank Maryse! No rush or pressure at all. I don’t care when mine posts, but am always excited to see everyone elses.

MichelleS January 7, 2019 at 6:33 PM

Steph – the rotelle plus chili is good! But you know what’s easier? Buy the canned nacho cheese (sometimes in Mexican food section, sometimes other sections). Anyway… cheaper than velveeta, already runny, and has that taste!

MichelleS January 7, 2019 at 6:34 PM

Oh – and add rotelle and meat to that.

bev January 7, 2019 at 8:47 PM

Jan 25 : 6 ep korean zombie drama on Netflix . I’d suggest live watch or try that rave app, but Elf taught me my lesson.

Still looks like it will scare me and make others happy.

Cheryl January 7, 2019 at 10:25 PM

3 things:
1. Son went back to college yesterday. :(
2.Finished putting away all my christmas decorations yesterday.
3. Re-decorated a cabinet in my kitchen that has mirror back and glass shelves and door with patterned blue plates and dishes. Found some treasures at Goodwill!

We had a quick snow/ice shower this afternoon. 30′s here.

Cheryl January 7, 2019 at 10:37 PM

OMG Amy I didn’t even think of that. Vas. Lol.

JulieO January 8, 2019 at 5:23 AM

When I make CCQ I always mix velveeta and a can of Campbell’s cream of cheddar cheese soup to all the fixings. I think it cuts that fake cheese velveeta taste.

JulieO January 8, 2019 at 5:26 AM

There are two good mafia offerings up there. The expert on mafia books please tell me which to pick. Can only get one right now.

D.G. January 8, 2019 at 6:38 AM

Woohoo! The Wicked King is LIVE and MINE! Happy Tuesday lovelies!!!

Maryse January 8, 2019 at 9:43 AM

Happy Tuesday D.G.!!!! :D

Maryse January 8, 2019 at 9:43 AM

JulieO… the one that entices me the most is the mafia princess and the drug dealer… You know that’s just ASKING for trouble!!!

JulieO January 8, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Maryse
Did you get my question about the book I couldn’t remember?
Oh hell i’m just going to click both of them and overdose on the bad boys this week.

Maryse January 9, 2019 at 8:57 AM

JulieO: The MC book question? If that was you, then yes I did. I’ll post it tomorrow. :) I love questions!!

JulieO January 9, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Maryse
Yes that was me!
Next time will just check in as JulieO