Monday Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight! 01-14-19

by Maryse on January 14, 2019 · 42 comments

Good morning and Happy Monday everyone!! :D My Book Review of Verity by Colleen Hoover is up!!! FIVE STARS!!

<—And… that book there to the left sounds like my catnip, and there are a bunch of others that went LIVE early that are right up our alley.

But first… three things:

1.) My sister is back home, and now the Holidays are officially over for me. *sigh*

2.) I’m excited about a fun photo collage I put together that I’m having Vistaprint print in poster size that I’m going to frame. :)

3.) I just bought a big leather bound bible that is from 1866!!! It’s in pretty good condition considering how old it is, and the inside even has photos of the family that owned it. It is TOO cool!!!

LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE :D !!!

1. River Wild by Samantha Towle <— SAMANTHA TOWLE’S latest is LIVE!! RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!! She’s starting over, pregnant and alone, and he’s her jerk-face neighbor… “…A new town. A new identity. Pregnant and alone. And far away from a past that can never find me. River Wild. Moody. Sullen. A$$hole. And my new neighbor. I have no interest in befriending River. And he definitely doesn’t want to be befriended by me…”
  2. The Virgin Blood Bundle: Complete Series by Alexa Riley <— ALEXA RILEY SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!!
  3. Wild Ride by Bianca Vix
  4. Dark Widow’s Curse (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 24) by I. T. Lucas
  5. Seduced by You: A Steamy Billionaire Romance (Dark Billionaires Club Book 2) by Alexia Praks
  6. Art of Love by Khardine Gray
  7. London Celebrities Collection: An Anthology by Lucy Parker <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! MUCH LOVED by our group!!!
  8. Kiss Me Like You Mean It (Valentine’s Inc. Book 1) by Jacki James <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
  9. The D-Man: Redtails Hockey 6 by Stephanie Julian
  10. Reckless: a book tied to the Cotton Creek Saga (Shattered 1) by Ciana Stone
  11. Luke (Dark Water Security Series Book 1) by Madison Quinn
  12. You’ve Got Male (Chick Flick Club Book 2) by Lila Monroe <— COMPETING FOOD TRUCK CHEFS!!! “...Soon, their competition is heating up the kitchen – and the bedroom. But when the famous foodie TV show Truck Stop rolls into town looking for a new reality star, all bets are off, as Zoey and Cam compete for the prize...”
  13. Unforsaken (The Fallen Guardians Book 1) by Cassie Laelyn
  14. To Win Her Heart by Brenda Novak
  15. Love (SEAL’ed Book 2) by AJ Alexander
  16. Wrong Bed, Right Roommate (Accidental Love Book 1) by Rebecca Brooks <— HER CRUSH IS HER NEW ROOMMATE… “...First he accidentally gets into my bed, half-naked, the night before my first day at my new job.  Hello, muscles and tattoos! Then he’s there, in nothing but a towel, making me coffee in the morning. It’s more than any girl can resist. Right? But Shawn is off-limits, even if his eyes are saying differently…”
  17. Perfection In Pink by S.L. Summers
  18. Haunted by Gena Showalter
  19. Nevermore (Crossbreed Series Book 6) by Dannika Dark <— LIVE!!! Raven Black risks it all for loyalty and love in this stunning continuation in the USA Todaybestselling Crossbreed series.
  20. One Night with a Millionaire (Daring Divorcees Book 1) by Shannyn Schroeder<— OVER 40 SINGLE MOM ALERT!! “…Millionaire Miles Prescott can’t get the sexy nurse he met at a fundraising gala out of his head. For the first time ever, he doesn’t want a woman with no-strings-attached. He wants everything—even it comes with a ready-made family with a woman in her forties…”
  21. Just Come Over (Escape to New Zealand Book 12) by Rosalind James <— RUGBY STAR ALERT!! MAYBE HE’S IN LOVE WITH HIS DEAD BROTHER’S WIFE… “...Surely, being there for Dylan’s widow and their son is the right thing to do. He can control himself. He’s had forty years of practice. Until he gets a call from his lawyer, and flies to the States to find that handsome, charming, endlessly irresponsible Dylan has left yet another loose end for his big brother to sort out. This one is six years old. And her birth certificate says she belongs to Rhys…”
  22. Wild Ride by Bianca Vix
  23. Taking Back His Bride by by Madison Faye
  24. Kidnapped: A Criminal Deeds Novel by Kyle Autumn <— SHE’S INTO HER NEW NEIGHBOR, AND WAKES UP CHAINED IN HIS BASEMENT… “…Keaton Knox just moved into a new place, and he has a lot to protect. No one is allowed in his backyard. He keeps an unimaginable secret back there. So, when someone is messing around with his gate, he does the one thing he needs to in order to protect himself: knocks them out cold. But when she thinks he’s kidnapped her to make her wildest fantasy come true, things get interesting. Unfortunately, something sinister connects them in a way they never see coming–until it’s right outside their door…”
  25. The Consequence of Falling: (An enemies-to-lovers office romance) by Claire Contreras <— LIVE!!! HE’S GOING TO BE HER BOSS & SHE HATES HIM!! “…when my father informs me that he’s making Nathaniel Bradley his new business partner, and in turn, my boss, I flip out. 1. He’s an annoying know-it-all.  2. He calls me a spoiled princess every chance he gets.  3. He disapproves of everything I do. I go into this knowing I’ll hate every second in his presence...”

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (going live at midnight!!!  :D )

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Leslie M January 14, 2019 at 7:45 AM

Oooh, happy Monday! I like the sound of lots up there!! :)

River Wild, You’ve Got Male, Wrong Bed, Right Roomate and The Consequence of Falling.

Jenn January 14, 2019 at 8:02 AM

Good Morning and Happy Monday! (or not so happy since it’s the beginning of the work week :-( )

Great List Maryse and the blurb of “Kidnapped” Yikes! I definitely want to read River Wild and a few others.

3 things:

1-I am currently reading “Behind the Bars” that Miss Picky Pants (aka-Leslie :-) herself has raved so much about and for good reason IT IS AWESOME! Note to self-when Leslie gushes over a book READ IT!

2-As many of you know my mother in law and her husband have been down in Tampa FL since end of October, and because they are having the time of their life they extended their stay to beginning of April-and than they are going to stay a month in Myrtle Beach so at this rate we might see them sometime the end of May except hubs surprised me and we are going to visit them next month-I am a little sad though as I will MISS my girls like crazy. From the time we got them till now the only time I was without them is when they got fixed at 6 months old, that was rough I cried myself to sleep that night thinking of them all alone. So this is going to be a week and I don’t know that I can do it. We are not putting them in a kennel the only way I told my hubs I would go is if they got to stay home and we had somebody stay at the house so a friend of ours is going to do that for us.

3-I saw The Upside with Kevin Hart over the weekend. I absolutely loved it! Not a Star is Born loved it but still really good!

Tasha J January 14, 2019 at 8:10 AM

Great find with the Bible, Maryse. I love that it has pictures too, how cool!
I think I’ll try The Consequence of Falling, sounds good and I love Claire Contreras.

I know I had a list of new releases for 2019 that I was excited for, but I seem to only be able to remember 1 or 2 anymore- hmmm.

I share kindle with my Mom and we now have Educated by Tara Westover with free audible (yea! even though my focus on audible is crap, lol) so hopefully getting to that soon.

3. And The Passage tv show releases tonight at 9 on Fox. I’m going to try and watch it. I was really into the book a while back.

Tasha J January 14, 2019 at 9:05 AM

Woohoo, The Consequence of Falling was Kindle unlimited. :D

Leslie M January 14, 2019 at 9:05 AM

Tasha, have you tried audiobooks using earbuds AND at same time doing something mindless like dusting, chopping veggies etc? I find using earbuds blocks everything else out so I can focus and it also helps if my hands are busy. It honestly is just a matter of getting used to them. I hated audiobooks at first.

Jenn, I am so happy for you and your trip! I remember you being sad about MIL leaving. It’s great that your babies can stay at home and not be uprooted. You guys reading Behind the Bars is bringing back all the emotions. I wish I knew why some books make me feel the characters so deeply. *sigh*

Ela January 14, 2019 at 9:20 AM

CHARLEY DAVIDSON LAST BOOK COMING OUT MIDNIGHT/TOMORROW!

Maryse January 14, 2019 at 9:33 AM

YESSSS!!! That’s right!!! Thank you Ela!! :D I just added it.

Tasha J January 14, 2019 at 9:34 AM

I had earphones for my only successful audiobook, Salt to the Sea. I had to be doing nothing and it had to be quiet or my mind would wander. I could visualize it like a movie, Titanic like feels. I was driving the other day listening to Bird Box by myself and it went well. Quiet, doing things on the computer, folding launders (no headphones) did not go well. I don’t like not hearing what the kids are doing and they are literally always attached to me or talking to me or following me at all times so at this point in my life, they’re not going to work for me. Maybe 5 years from now. Lol

bev January 14, 2019 at 9:43 AM

1. Leaving the coffee at home so I’m drinking water all day instead. We will see how it goes.

2. Started my day with a light breakfast and daily vitamin. I just need to find more energy throughout the day.

4. Been walking on my lunch break. Only like 20 minutes but I noticed it helps with my mood for the rest of the day.

Robyn January 14, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Maryse January 14, 2019 at 1:45 PM

Thank you Robyn!!! I’m adding it. :D

Ela January 14, 2019 at 2:02 PM

ANYONE ELSE STOKED FOR CHARLEY????????

Tessa January 14, 2019 at 2:32 PM

It was really good. :) A lot of action, though I had some concerns. Talk to me about it once you are done with it, Ela!

“Nevermore just dropped. It’s the next book in Dannika Darks Crossbreed series! So excited!” Grr, how did I miss that? *one clicks*

Tessa January 14, 2019 at 2:35 PM

1. I was up late last night finishing Behind the Bars by Brittany C. Cherry. GAH, so good, though there was a very heartbreaking part.

2. My new headset came in! I paid extra for it to be green because, with the black one, it was hard to see the main button. I don’t care about seeing the volume or fast forward type buttons, but the main one is pretty important to see. The others will be used when it’s on my ear anyway so those are okay to know by feel.

3. I am now waiting on my fairy shirt. Because, fairy! :) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EU9W320/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Theresa silverberg January 14, 2019 at 3:47 PM

Did I miss Marsye Best of 2018 list?

Maryse January 14, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Theresa that’s coming this week (likely Wednesday). :) It’s the last one.

Jan January 14, 2019 at 5:02 PM

Oh cute shirt Tessa. And yep, Maryse, that old Bible sounds like a really cool find.

I might read Just Come Over. I’ve liked some of her books. Hey, who doesn’t like a hot new zealand rugby player, right?

3 things:
1. We’re still in a mad heatwave here. 42 yesterday, 44 forecast for today, 46 tomorrow. EEEEEP!! Our air conditioner is working overtime. BTW that’s 108, 111 and 114 fahrenheit. Yup, I can hardly believe it either. They’re saying tomorrow will bust some records. We don’t usually get many days over 40.

2. I’m going to bake some Norwegian cookies this morning (before the house gets too hot LOL). Lemon and cardamom. I saw them on a cooking/travel TV show called the Hairy Bikers Bakeation. (IKR?) But they look yummy. (The biscuits that is LOL not the hairy bikers). Kind of shortbread. https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/cardamom_and_lemon_74033

3. I’ve been watching the latest Little Women TV series. It’s lovely. A fav book from when I was a girl and the series is done beautifully.

MichelleS January 14, 2019 at 6:05 PM

Tessa – LOVE the shirt, cause it’s, well a FAIRY!

Love the Crossbreed series. Must. Get. Caught. Up. Christian Poe is just so yummy with his accent & vampire hotness.

MichelleS January 14, 2019 at 6:09 PM

I’m currently reading Ruined (McIntyre Body Guards Series 6). Was on someone’s list somewhere! Loving it. It’s a m/m, done so well. AND it’s younger/older… loving it.

Grey January 14, 2019 at 6:17 PM

1) Keto…wow, um 8 pounds down week 1. (I know most of it is water but dang!)
2) I fear I’m in a dreaded slump.
3) I’m ready to start tossing glitter all willy nilly just to ward it off!

R. Renee January 14, 2019 at 6:37 PM

The new and improved Unbreakable by Emma Scott will be released January 22nd. In addition to a new cover, it’s being re-edited and re-formatted, and the epilogue “will contain bonus sexy-time.” :D

Also, the audiobook has been cast and Cory is swoony!

Tessa January 14, 2019 at 6:58 PM

4. The shirt came and the colors are more vibrant than I thought they’d be. :)

Maryse January 14, 2019 at 6:59 PM

I wanna see the shirt!!!

Maryse January 14, 2019 at 6:59 PM

Bonus sexy time is always a good thing! ;)

Maryse January 14, 2019 at 7:02 PM

Grey!!

I lost the weight I wanted to… and THEN some. I’m PAST my goal weight, and now I have to up my calories to not lose anymore. That’s something DARN fantastic that I do not count calories at all anymore. I started Keto May 2018. I will never stop.

I have never been so NOT bloated, swollen, bubbly-bellied, and awful feeling. I feel AWESOME.

Maryse January 14, 2019 at 7:04 PM

OOHHHHHHH MY JAN!!!

THAT. IS. HOT. Florida (at least my central Florida) doesn’t get that hot… barely ever. EVER?

Maryse January 14, 2019 at 7:05 PM

Jan your cookies sound delightful.

I miss a shortbread Christmas cookie (or is it a sugar cookie) that had Anise it it. I’m a black licorice fan, so these cookies rocked my world.

Tessa January 14, 2019 at 7:09 PM

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EU9W320/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1 This is the shirt. It currently needs to air out and be washed. New shirt smell. *wrinkles nose* It smells like glue.

Leslie M January 14, 2019 at 7:18 PM

Tessa, totally weird but my son got a new shirt shipped to him the other day and it smelled like vinegar. Nasty! Why the heck would it smell like that??? I washed it twice.

MichelleS January 14, 2019 at 7:36 PM

Leslie – got a shirt from Amazon this Christmas that totally smelled like vinegar!

Jan January 14, 2019 at 8:04 PM

Ha ha ha. Vinegar?? What’s goin’ on down at that amazon warehouse???

Cheryl January 14, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Liking the sound of River Wild and The Consequence of Falling. Bonus that they are both KU!!

R. I had good intentions of waiting until the new Unbreakable was released. Then I was just going to take a quick peek at it and next thing I knew I finished reading it. Will still want to get the new one to read the epilogue. ;)

R. Renee January 14, 2019 at 8:10 PM

I saw that!! And I can’t say that I blame you!

Tessa January 14, 2019 at 8:39 PM

A bit of vinegar too. I think it has to do with the dyes and fabriqué in the shirt not being aired or washed before sealing.

Northernstar January 14, 2019 at 9:22 PM

I’m about 80% through Unbreakable and I’m loving it. I’m looking forward to the extended bonus sexy-times

Lisa V. January 15, 2019 at 9:08 AM

Plenty of great books to read.. I need help with a book I want to read but cannot remember the title.. ugh…

Maryse January 15, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Lisa V… what was it about? Do you remember any details? We’ll see if we can find it for you. :D

Jean January 15, 2019 at 3:11 PM

The Consequence of Falling….Mine!

Jean January 15, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Will my copy of Unbreakable be automatically updated? I loved that book!

R. Renee January 15, 2019 at 4:35 PM

Jean, Emma just told me the update will be available, so if you already own it, you won’t have to re-buy for new/edited content. But we aren’t sure if it’s automatic or if you’ll have to run a kindle update. I think it depends on your settings. If the new cover doesn’t automatically appear on release day, let me know and I’ll get instructions.

Jean January 16, 2019 at 9:43 AM

Thanks R! I think I’m set up for automatic updates….

Ashley January 16, 2019 at 2:15 PM

I just started River Wild and it’s off to a surprising start.