Monday Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight! 05-21-18

by Maryse on May 21, 2018 · 22 comments

Happy Monday everyone!!! Earlybirds snuck in today, and I’m half way through a book I have been DYING to read (The Idea of You: A Novel) and I’m loving it. I see where all the fanfare comes from. It’s the ultimate romance fantasy (falling in love with a rock star) but it has quite the dilemma… and the writing is fantastic!!! I’m so nervous you guys. I know this one’s gonna hurt!

But in the meantime…

LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE :D !!!

• The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time Series Book 1) by Calia Read <— CALIA READ’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! OOOOOOOH BOY this is going to be an angsty love-triangle DOOZY!!Will is my fiancé. The shy man I met years ago in college. The person I’m supposed to spend the rest of my life with. This is the life I’ve always wanted until finding a picture of four men changes everything… Étienne says he’s my husband and the year is 1912. He can’t stand the sight of me, but I don’t know why.  Oh, and he’s one of the men from the picture. I’ve done the impossible and have become trapped in time and I know Étienne is my key to going home. The more time I spend with Étienne, the further I fall for him until I’m questioning which time I belong in...”

Jessica: Its sooo good! Left me with a hangover for at least a week. I still think about this book.

Maryse: *gasp*!!!!! I LOVE when that happens. This one sounds so intriguing and mystical and heartache-y!!!!

Jessica: It’s a beautiful story. By the end I was like OMG, please don’t end, don’t ever end! Calia is the queen at screwing with my mind lol

Talon: Fave read. Hands down. It’s so different from anything else out there right now.

• Loving a Stranger: A Kindred Tales Novel (Brides of the Kindred) by Evangeline Anderson <— LIVE!!! EVANGELINE ANDERSON’S LATEST!!! “A warrior able to take over the body of another. Thrust into his enemy’s life. Soon he begins to love his enemy’s lonely, abused wife…”
  • Hotbloods 6: Allies by Bella Forrest
  • The Red Ledger: 1 by Meredith Wild <— LIVE!! MEREDITH WILD’S LATEST!! HE LOST HIS MEMORY (& HIS JOB IS KILLING…)… “...I was ready to write Isabel Foster’s name in my ledger of unfortunate souls until she uttered the one word that could stop the bullet meant for her. My name. She knows my face. She knows me. She’s the key to the memories I’m not sure I want back. Now nothing is simple. I still have a job to do, and my soul isn’t worth saving. I’m not the man she thinks I am. I can’t love her…”
  • Goal Keeper: A Pearson Players novel by Sarah Nego <—LIVE!!! HER CAPTAIN LAYS DOWN THE RULE!! NO DATING THE MEN’S SOCCER TEAM!!Luci Ryder is determined to make the most of her college education. Armed with a partial scholarship to play soccer at Pearson University she knows the next four years are going to be a lot of hard work. Long hours in the gym will be paired with even longer hours in the library. So when the team captain lays down a new rule: No dating the men’s soccer team, Luci couldn’t care less…”
  • Mrs. February (The Calendar Girl Duet Book 2) by Karen Cimms <— LIVE!!! KAREN CIMMS ALERT!!! THE DUET IS COMPLETE! (this is the super-angsty author of that rock star trilogy that so many here love like crazy (At This Moment (Of Love and Madness Book 1) – the second one made me furious so I’m giving it er… I mean myself ;) a timeout – but I digress!!! This one is from a different series. P.S. Here’s book#1: Miss February (The Calendar Girl Duet Book 1)
  • Stormy Love: Steamy Fake Boyfriend Fiance Romance (Wet & Wild Series Book 1) by Lexy Timms
  • Savage Love: Stranded Billionaire Romance (Wet & Wild Series Book 2) by Lexy Timms
  • S.E.A.L. Mine (Sons of War Book 3) by Lizzy Ford <— LIVE!!! NAVY SEAL HAS TO TAKE CUSTODY OF A DAUGHTER HE NEVER KNEW HE HAD… ”…One phone call changes everything. The daughter he didn’t know existed has been orphaned after the death of her mother, leaving Riley her legal guardian and sole parent. Riley welcomes the break from rehab and travels to the girl’s hometown to retrieve her. The task seems easy enough, until he meets Tonya, the little girl’s aunt…”
  • Fox (Stone Cold Fox Trilogy Book 3) by Max Monroe <— MAX MONROE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! And now the trilogy is complete!!
  • In the Black: Black Star Security by Cynthia Rayne
  • My Redemption (The Elite Securities Series Book 1) by Jennifer Hanks
  • More Than Us by Dawn Barker <— LIVE!! OMG THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE INTENSE MARITAL/FAMILY DRAMA!!! And by the blurb, I can’t even figure out where it’s going (but I have all sorts of ideas running through my head)… Their son has severe OCD and social issues… “…When Paul’s career comes to a shuddering halt, he descends into a spiral of addiction, gambling away the family’s future. By the time he seeks help, it’s his new boss Damien who recommends and pays for a rehab facility. While Paul is away, Emily has to make a tough decision about their son. She keeps it from Paul knowing he’ll disapprove. And when a terrible accident reveals the truth, Paul takes his son and goes on the run, leaving Emily to care for fourteen-year-old Tilly, who unbeknown to her parents is fighting battles of her own…”
  • Beautiful Savage (Savage & Ink Book 2) by Victoria Ashley <— LIVE!! VICTORIA ASHLEY’S LATEST!!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE… “…She’s my Lex. It doesn’t matter if I have to destroy everything in my path that leads to her—I will. I’ve been in love with her since the age of nine. I lost her once, and you better d@mn well believe that I will walk through the fires of Hell before losing her again. She’s broken… Ripped apart by the world. I’m making it my mission to piece her back together again and claim her as mine...”
  • In the Black: Black Star Security by Cynthia Rayne
  • Brody Judge (Heartbreakers & Heroes Book 5) by Ciana Stone
  • As I Am by Mel Teshco
  • Now Lovers (LOVE in the USA, A Hollywood Love Story Book 2) by Z.L. Arkadie
  • Sundays are for Hangovers by J.D. Hollyfield & K Webster <— LIVE!!! COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! THESE TWO NEIGHBORS HATE EACH OTHER!!! :P “…She drives him crazy with her loud nineties rap music. He gets under her skin the way he obsesses over his stupid perfect lawn. She fantasizes about having sex with the hot nerd—but with duct tape over his dumb mouth. He has dirty dreams of the bombshell beauty where he bangs the crazy right out of her—nightmares of course. Anger isn’t the only thing heating up between these two…”

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
  1. Illuminae: The Illuminae Files, Book 1 by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff <— Cindy loved the audiobook!
Cindy:  I listened to it on audible. There were lots of sound effects and several narrators. Amazing to listen to…it was intriguing.

PREORDERS (look what’s going live at MIDNIGHT!! :D )

Leslie M May 21, 2018 at 5:45 AM

Happy Monday everyone!

Maryse May 21, 2018 at 5:55 AM

Happy Monday Leslie!!!!!! :D

Nay May 21, 2018 at 6:34 AM

Good morning! Just found a pre-order by Roya Carmen concerning a troubled marriage and a hall pass! One Week coming out on 6/21–and it’s on pre-order sale for $.99!

Leslie M May 21, 2018 at 6:54 AM

Ooooooh Nay, that one sounds good!!!! I so loved The Ground Rules.

Leslie M May 21, 2018 at 7:02 AM

*holds mug out to Maryse*

hit me with more coffee please

Kandace M May 21, 2018 at 7:39 AM

This Idea of You is such an unforgettable book. It really made me think hard about how society is acceptable of a man dating a much younger women but the same isn’t true for a woman dating a younger man. Sometimes the soul wants what the souls wants! I loved the dialogue. The things that came out of his mouth had me swooning! I think I could relate more to the story because I’m closer to the same age of the heroine.

D.G. May 21, 2018 at 8:01 AM

Morning ladies!

I think I may be one of the few …The Idea of You…loved it until I hated it! Never had a book put me in a bad mood while on vacation at that!

steph May 21, 2018 at 8:20 AM

I’m glad that you are loving The Idea of You (I’m bummed my email to you through “contact” isn’t working!)
This was my review of that book and I’m STILL thinking about it which is a rarity in my world.
” I loved EVERYTHING about this book.
The story, the characters, the romance, the art, the language, the ending.
Everything. ”

I sent you a LONG email about something through contact a few weeks ago Maryse, could they be going to spam?

Everyone else: HIGHLY recommend “The Idea of You” The only bad part overall? It’s her first book.

Maryse May 21, 2018 at 11:06 AM

Steph!!! It could be in my spam box, so let me do a search.

Maryse May 21, 2018 at 11:09 AM

I just searched for anything from your “purple” email address ;) and I didn’t get anything back (not even from my spam). *sigh*

I wanna read the email!!! LOL! I wonder if it timed-out in the “send process” and is now just floating lonely in cyberspace?

Maryse May 21, 2018 at 11:10 AM

GASP DG!!!!!!!!

Okay now I can’t WAIT!!!!!! I’m already a little furious… you know. Stressed.

Maryse May 21, 2018 at 11:11 AM

NAY THAT SOUNDS ALL SORTS OF TROUBLE-MAKING AND I WANNA READ ITTTTTT!!!!! <— pulling an Ela because this sounds like it deserves a proper Ela reaction. I. CAN’T. WAIT!!! I’m going to be a mess!!!!!

D.G. May 21, 2018 at 11:38 AM

Maryse- I STILL have hard feelings against this book. Over a year later!!! But everyone is different and looks for different things. After you are finished, I will explain further.

Kooloo May 21, 2018 at 5:18 PM

The new CD Reisssssssssss is out tomorrow peoples!!!!!
Whoooooohoooo

AND speaking of the dark and demented the King of dark has a new one toooooooooooo

Just click the Audiobook of it! *rubs hands together* can’t wait for my drive to work tomorrow…. nothing like a little D&D by the King to start your day,

MichelleS May 21, 2018 at 5:19 PM

Doing a quickie check-in, fly-by…. still have company, but getting reading time in when I can. I’m on book two of The Darkest Drae & LOVING IT. If you’re a fan of Sarah J Maas, this is up your alley.

marina May 21, 2018 at 6:09 PM

Hi Maryse, wrote in another link/comment so sorry to repeat but wanted to mention that CD Reiss’ The Edge series Book One, Rough Edge, comes out tomorrow, May 22nd. Cannot wait. The prequel, Cutting Edge, was intense and just pre-ordered Rough Edge. CD Reiss releases before midnight. So, I’m hoping!!

Jan May 21, 2018 at 7:18 PM

DG I didn’t love the Idea of You either. You’re not alone. *hugs DG* It was well written but it just wasn’t for me. But I know there’s lots of love out there for it. Yes. Everyone is different. Lucky there’s so many great choices out there. Thanks Maryse for another great Monday list. :D

Maryse May 21, 2018 at 7:51 PM

:D My pleasure!!!

Tessa May 21, 2018 at 8:15 PM

Michelle! I’m waiting for June 30th for book three. I do love that series! It was just a whim and totally unexpected to love it as much as I did. A lot of KU choices are whims. :D I’m glad someone else is enjoying it. Maybe this way, One of us can remember book three when it comes out.

I’d also recommend Kelly St. Clare’s Tainted Accords series. Not as good but still good (does that even make sense?) I think the duo together just bring out the best in each other. I’m on Raye Wagner’s Sphinx series and I for some reason forgot to read book three!

Jan May 22, 2018 at 2:06 AM

Eeek. A new Stephen King, Kooloo????? The blurb sounds really good……..

Jan May 22, 2018 at 2:08 AM

*looks up new Stephen King book on kindle*

*is immediately depressed at the high price*

Maybe I’ll wait till the library gets it in?????????

D.G. May 22, 2018 at 12:34 PM

*hugs Jan back* so glad I am not the only one. Give me a HEA any day!