Monday Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight! 09-17-18

by Maryse on September 17, 2018 · 40 comments

<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!!! MIA SHERIDAN ALERT!! Dane’s Storm JUST WENT LIVE & I AM DYING TO READ it like ASAP NOW (their plane crashes and they are the ONLY survivors, and they are divorced… from EACH OTHER!!! And have to rely on each OTHER. OMG!!!!! MINE!!! eek). Yep. That’s at the top of my TBR list (like right now as my next read!!!!

But!!!! That’s not all…

LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE :D !!!

1. Dane’s Storm by Mia Sheridan <— MIA SHERIDAN’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! EX-SPOUSES STRANDED TOGETHER AFTER A PLANE CRASH ALERT!! How can we possibly resist THIS?? HOW? Not I. I’m in!!! “...When Dane offers to fly his ex-wife from California to Colorado to help correct a wrong, he never imagined the harrowing twist of fate awaiting them. When their plane goes down in the snowy mountain wilderness, Dane and Audra are stranded with no one to turn to but each other...”
  2. Professor Feelgood (Masters of Love Book 2) by Leisa Rayven <— LIVE!! LEISA RAYVEN’S LATEST!!! She gives him a book deal but… “…she realizes she’s made a terrible mistake. Sure, the professor is incredibly talented and sexier than any man has a right to be, but the man behind the persona isn’t at all who she pictured. In real life, he’s intense, arrogant and infuriating, and his uncanny ability to rub her the wrong way turns her dream project into a total nightmare…”
  3. Casting Curses (Bewitching Bedlam Book 5) by Yasmine Galenorn
  4. For the Love of the Lady (The Noble Hearts Series Book 4) by Callie Hutton
  5. His for Now (The Byrne Brothers Book 1) by Sofia Tate
  6. American Asshole (Bachelor International Book 1) by Tara Sue Me <— LIVE!! SHE HATES HIS GUTS!!! ;) “Tenor doesn’t see why it’s his fault Mia didn’t know about the loan. In fact, he thinks he’s being very magnanimous when he offers to forgive the loan if Mia closes her own matchmaking business and works for him for five years.  But as he gets closer to Mia, he realizes two things: 1) he doesn’t want her as an employee and 2) she hates his guts…”
  7. Irish on the Rocks (Murphy Brothers) by Magan Vernon <— LIVE!!! HIS DAD’S WILL SAYS HE NEEDS TO MARRY… “...The woman maddens me, but she’s a longtime friend of the family, so giving her a job as my assistant is the only way I can keep everyone off my back. But the more time I spend with her, the more I find myself looking differently at this girl from my past. Too bad she’s decided not to give me the time of day…”
  8. A Royal Embarrassment: The Young Royals Book 6 by Emma Lea <— LIVE!!! HER SECRET HAS BEEN FOUND OUT… “…The daughter of an impoverished viscount, Savannah had nothing to lose and everything to gain by being included amongst the new queen’s entourage…as long as no one found out about her secret. Savannah loved her son. Archer was the sun and moon of her life, but being a single mother would mean instant disqualification from the ladies in waiting. So she hid him from the queen and her new friends…for two years. Now someone had stumbled upon her secret and Savannah would do anything to ensure that she didn’t become a royal embarrassment…”
  9. Through the Layers (Rumor Has It series Book 4) by RH Tucker
  10. Mountain Man Daddy by Chloe Maddox & Angela Blake
  11. The Mate by Abigail Owen <— SHE JUST FOUND OUT SHE’S A SHIFTER... “…Finding out she’s a dragon shifter was one thing—she never quite fit into the human world, and this new reality feels…strangely right. However, discovering the next step is to choose a mate, and if she chooses wrong she’ll die, is the other side of crazy…”
  12. Make Music With Me: A Straight Wicked Novel by Kristine Allen
  13. Pretend To Be Mine: A Marriage Contract Romance by P.G. Van
  14. Broken Hearts: A Dark Captive Romance (Heartbreaker Book 2) by Stella Hart
  15. His Sexy Cinderella: A Crown Affair Prologue by Pamela DuMond
  16. Lawbreaker (Unbreakable Book 3) by Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion <— LIVE!! THE BAD GIRL & THE GOOD BOY... “…As they begin to open their hearts, they up the stakes with a one-week pact. She shows him the power in breaking the law. He demonstrates the virtue of following it…”
  17. Reid: Vested Interest #4 by Melanie Moreland <— LIVE!! “...his future overshadowed by his prison record, his life an endless loop of loneliness. Until he is given a second chance and a new life emerges. A career he once thought he could only dream of, surrounded by people who show him that family and home aren’t simply words. And a girl who shows him the greatest, most complex code he could ever write…”
  18. OPEN YOUR HEART (Material Girls Book 1) by Sophia Henry <— “When an aspiring surgeon from a prestigious family loses her promising career, she locks up her heart. A sweet, sexy musician from the wrong side of the tracks just might hold the key.”
  19. Snatched (Outlaw Warriors) by Cathleen Ross <— BIKER KIDNAPS HER… “…Stacey will do anything to save her brother. Even if it means surrendering in ways she never imagined to her beastly kidnapper. But as their relationship heats up, neither realizes that someone else is plotting a far more deadly payback…”
  20. Knitting in the City Coloring Book (Volume 10) by Penny Reid <— PENNY REID COLORING BOOK JUST WENT LIVE!!!

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (going live at midnight!!!  :D )

1. The Brightest Stars by Anna Todd  - September 18th 2018 <— P.S. Check out the giveaway we’re having right now!! A hard copy of this book AND an Alex and Ani bracelet!!
  2. Rebel Hard (Hard Play Book 2) by Nalini Singh  - September 18th 2018
  3. Don’t Trust A Killer by Cynthia Eden – September 18th 2018
  4. I Know You Know: A Novel by Gilly Macmillan - September 18th 2018
  5. Vampires Like It Hot: An Argeneau Novel by Lynsay Sands – September 18th 2018
  6. Why Not Tonight (Happily Inc) by Susan Mallery - September 18th 2018
  7. Restless Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs Book 2) by Carrie Ann Ryan – September 18th 2018
  8. Misadventures with a Speed Demon (Misadventures Book 14) by Chelle Bliss - September 18th 2018
  9. Happily Ever After  (Runaway Princess: Flicka #5) by Blair Babylon - September 18th 2018
  10. Time’s Convert: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness - September 18th 2018
  11. Booted (Trails of Sin Book 3) by Pam Godwin – September 18th 2018
  12. Austin by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette
  13. Wicked Wedding: A Wicked Horse Vegas Novel (Left at the Altar Book 4) by Sawyer Bennett – September 20th 2018
  14. and…
  15. Once Upon A Wild Fling by Lauren Blakely – October 8th 2018

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Leslie M September 17, 2018 at 6:30 AM

*yawns*

Happy Monday! Lot’s more coffee, please.

Nay September 17, 2018 at 6:40 AM

Good morning! I was going to read Dane’s Storm right away, but I’ve been seeing some MAJOR love for No Tomorrow by Carian Cole.

It’s being described as ‘epic’, ‘devastating’, ‘heartbreaking’, and ‘angsty’, so after getting a 5-star recommendation from Paula, who I think has read every rock star romance out there and has never steered my wrong before, I can’t wait to dive in!

Leslie M September 17, 2018 at 6:51 AM

Nay, that DOES sound right up your alley. Hopefully it isn’t one where bunch of people die.

I have had my eye on Dane’s Storm and Professor Feelgood.

I got some pumpkin biscotti I am about to dive into with coffee #2 so I can feel somewhat human.

Leslie M September 17, 2018 at 6:53 AM

Maryse, how are you doing in Alaska?

Magan Kathleen Vernon September 17, 2018 at 6:54 AM

Morning! On Coffee cup number two right now.
Thanks for sharing my new release and I’m looking forward to Dr. FeelGood. Mainly because I have a thing for doctor and vet books.

Nay September 17, 2018 at 7:13 AM

Leslie! I just spit coffee all over my computer screen! I think you should definitely read Professor Feelgood so that you can tell (warn me) if it’s ‘sweet’ and/or ‘slow burn’.

Yum! Pumpkin anything sounds wonderful! I ran out of my creamer yesterday and I’m already jonesing for it today.

Maryse September 17, 2018 at 7:39 AM

Almost done, Leslie and I’m still loving it. Her writing just “warms” me…

Maryse September 17, 2018 at 7:40 AM

Ugh I could use some SERIOUSLY strong coffee. I already had one and it was not enough….

Leslie M September 17, 2018 at 7:50 AM

Yay Maryse! Glad you are enjoying it.

Nay, I will keep you abreast *snort* (I love saying that word) of Professor Feelgood deets. ;)

I love pumpkin, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, apples, ginger bread…all that stuff. Yum! I added a little pumpkin spice to my coffee to be extra fancy.

Claudia S. September 17, 2018 at 8:05 AM

Happy Monday,

Maryse, did you read the Pepper Winters books “The boy and his ribbon”, and “The girl and her Ren” ? Been waiting on your reviews.

MichelleS September 17, 2018 at 8:27 AM

Good morning! I’m playing hookie today. I’m currently reading three books at the same time. I don’t think I’ve ever done that! I tried for a fourth (Alaska), but couldn’t manage that many. I’ll wait for Maryse’s review. It’s $8. I’m cheap.

Maryse September 17, 2018 at 8:42 AM

LOL!!!!! :P

Maryse September 17, 2018 at 8:42 AM

Not yet, Claudia but I want to BADLY!!!

MichelleS September 17, 2018 at 8:46 AM

Claudia – I read them! One of those stories you’ll never forget. Touching, real, forbidden, sad. Loved it!!! 5 stars.

bev September 17, 2018 at 9:26 AM

Good Morning.

Melanie Moreland September 17, 2018 at 9:54 AM

Thank you for adding me to the list!

Cheryl September 17, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Good morning. Ugh, it’s monday, where did the weekend go??!! * sips 2nd coffee*

Amy September 17, 2018 at 10:48 AM

I’m sipping my London Fog, all revved up and raring to GO! Unusual for me but whatever because I have arms to stick!

“How can we possibly resist THIS?? HOW?” <——- *clears throat* I think the question you should be asking is, “CAN we possibly resist THIS?” so we can answer, “I think NOT.” ;) Click!!

Amy September 17, 2018 at 10:52 AM

But first…HOLY FREAKING MOLY!! Nay, thank you so much for the heads up on No Tomorrow! That one is mine, mine, so freaking MINE. The blurb promises all kinds of angst (I hope it delivers!), and the cherry on top is the guy on the cover could be Jason Mamoa. *falls back on fainting couch*

My. Next. Read.

I would invite Maryse to BR but she will probably be in a book fog from being in Alaska, and no book stands a chance when that happens. :P

Maryse September 17, 2018 at 11:15 AM

I’ll buddy-read with you Amy if you can give me until Wednesday. I want to read it (as well as everything she’s written).

Grey September 17, 2018 at 11:33 AM

No Tomorrow. *interested sufficiently piqued*

Amy September 17, 2018 at 11:39 AM

Really?? YAY!!!! *happy dances* I’ll get the blankie fort ready and whip up some Nutella brownies and chocolate martinis. :D

Wednesday is perfect for me as well. I’m trying to finish skimming…er, reading my current book, and tomorrow I promised the day to my bestest friend for shopping and a mani/pedi/facial day. Wednesday it is!!

Amy September 17, 2018 at 11:40 AM

Join us, Grey!!! We always have room for more in the blankie fort. ;)

Jenn September 17, 2018 at 1:21 PM

Amy-I am finishing up The Truth Duet by Aly Martinez which I am so loving…..and I would like to join you in the blankie fort….I am a sucker for books about first love and never getting over your first love because well um…. I relate to those stories…Never quite got over mine :(

Steph N September 17, 2018 at 4:54 PM

I think I would recommend reading Carian Cole books in order. I read the third one first by accident and I wish I hadn’t. But I’m also not sure if this is a standalone or not. I don’t think it is. I 5***** every book by her and this one I have been staring at, saving it for something. :)

Nay September 17, 2018 at 5:13 PM

Steph–I just looked and C.C. says it’s a standalone and not part of her current series. I haven’t had time to start it yet because I’ve been gone most of the day. I’m sitting down and getting moving on it in a bit and I can’t wait!

Jan September 17, 2018 at 6:34 PM

Morning everyone. *sips coffee* Leslie, I’ve got my eye on Professor Feelgood too. Did you see that cover???? *fans self* Oh yeahhhhhhh.

Rebel Hard landed on my kindle this morning. I preordered cos I’ve been reading the series. I plan to start that one today.

I might check out Open Your Heart too.

I like the idea of the Knitting In The City colouring book, even though i haven’t read the books LOL. But I like these book-themed colouring books. Fun.

Amy September 17, 2018 at 8:09 PM

Woo-hoo! Jenn is joining us in the blankie fort as well!! It’s going to be nice and cozy in there. ;)

bev September 17, 2018 at 8:28 PM

I tried one Cole book, but just not for me.
I’m still not over the hero calling the heroine “Toots.”

Amy where are you sticking your arms?

bev September 17, 2018 at 8:29 PM

I’m curious if it will be your kind of angst Amy.

Cheryl September 17, 2018 at 9:44 PM

I’ll BR with you. It’s KU and rock star?! One-click. Wednesday works for me too.

Nay September 17, 2018 at 11:17 PM

Ugh! I hate it when I have a couple of free reading hours ahead of me and I sit down and get comfy, turn on my kindle… and promptly fall asleep!

I was all set to get a big chunk of No Tomorrow read, but now I’ve only read a tiny bit.

re: nicknames–For a certain male personality, I can see ‘toots’ working for me. The one that made me create a ‘Hate the nickname’ folder on GR was the hero calling the heroine ‘Sparkle’ in one book, but the one I abhorred was another book where the hero called the heroine ‘Puppy’. Ick! I couldn’t even make it past 30%. I also hated Joe calling Vi ‘Buddy’ in At Peace (it kept reminding me of the Chuck Taylor knock-offs from when I was younger), but since that’s one of my fave K.A. books (and since it was Joe *rawr*), I was able to overlook it.

bev September 17, 2018 at 11:32 PM

I’m one of the few that liked “Buddy”. It was just so unexpected and unique, also my first KA.
I want to say it was based on a man calling her that, but not sure.

bev September 17, 2018 at 11:36 PM

Apparently I ordered a lot of books and promptly forgot about them. Until now.
And I dont even drink or take sleeping pills.

Jan September 17, 2018 at 11:43 PM

Ha ha Nay. Yeah I loved Joe and At Peace as well, but I wasn’t that into the nickname Buddy either. bev I’m with you on Toots. Not loving that either. Puppy and Sparkle are heck to the no as well. LOL. I suppose authors want to include something a bit different from Babe. Something a bit quirky maybe. But sometimes it just doesn’t work.

Jenn September 18, 2018 at 5:32 AM

I just have to say WOW, I just finished the Truth Duet and holy hell it owned me. I do not know if anyone else has read this yet and if so I would love to hear your thoughts. It was so much more than I had expected, anticipated going in so yeah just amazing!

Leslie M September 18, 2018 at 5:32 AM

I am not sure why some H’s can get away with cringey nicknames but I guess it depends on how hot they are!

I think my fave is when Jamie calls Claire Sassenach.

JulieO September 18, 2018 at 5:38 AM

I don’t like the endearment “DOLL”. It makes me think of those old gangster movies on TV.
It was used in the book COLLIDE which kind of turned me off a little.

JulieO September 18, 2018 at 5:40 AM

I love Joe and he could call me whatever he wants.

Nay September 18, 2018 at 6:14 AM

I guess it depends on the man, because Jamie could call Claire puppy, sparkle, or buddy and it would sound sexy, Well, maybe not ‘puppy’–I REALLY hate that one,