Monday Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight! 10-29-18

by Maryse on October 29, 2018 · 46 comments

Good morning everyone!! Here are the latest books that just went live early, and I’ll be looking out for more. :)

Time for THREE THINGS!!

1. It was cool and slightly brisk all weekend so I finally was able to leave my windows open and feel that nice breeze!! It felt like fall!!!
  2. I was hoping it would finally be sweater-weather, but it looks like this week will be in the mid 80s *sigh*
  3. I’m working on a new fun book list as we speak, it’s already HUGE so far, but only halfway done (I posted it yesterday so keep checking it, or tell me what you think I should add to it) ➔ Reader Confession – What was the very first book that “stayed with you” even to this day?

LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE :D !!!

1. Dirty Sexy Bastard: A Prequel (Dirty Games) by by Laurelin Paige <— LAURELIN PAIGE ALERT!! SHE CAN’T INHERIT HER FATHER’S BUSINESS UNLESS SHE GETS MARRIED… “...Stock prices are strong, but under misogynistic management, the company is crumbling. True to form, I won’t be allowed to inherit, to fix this, until I marry. That’s when Donovan Kincaid walks into my life with an idea- and a man- I never saw coming…”
  2. Strip Search (Tap That Book 2) by Erin McCarthy <— A FAKE ENGAGEMENT WITH A COP ALERT!! “…When Leighton, director for the reality show Wedding Crashers, gets stopped by a cop she swears is actually a stripper, she’s determined to put the “f” in fun to save her job. But their surprisingly potent kiss is caught on camera. How do you recover from that? A fake engagement…”
  3. Taken by Natasha Knight <— NATASHA KNIGHT ALERT!! HE MADE HER HIS & THEN HE SET OUT TO BREAK HER… “…For generations, the Scafoni family have demanded a sacrifice of us. A virgin daughter to atone for sins so old, we don’t even remember what they are anymore. But when you have as much money as they do, you don’t play by the rules. You make them. And Sebastian Scafoni makes all the rules. The moment I saw him, I knew he would choose me…”
  4. Hope to Fall (Kinney Brothers Book 4) by Kelsey Kingsley
  5. Maine: Carrington Construction by Dani Lee
  6. Eight Steps to Alpha: A friends to lovers romantic comedy by Taylor Sullivan
  7. Muffin Top (The Hartigans Book 2) by Avery Flynn <— SHE WAS FAT-SHAMED… “...when some random guy suggests I might not be eating alone if I’d ordered a salad instead of a hamburger I’m shocked silent, which is a feat, trust me. That brings us to one sexy fireman named Frankie Hartigan. He’s hot. He’s funny… And he’s just apologized for being late for our “date” then glared at the fat-shaming jerk. Next thing I know, he’s sitting down and ordering himself dinner…”
  8. It Started With Christmas: A gorgeous and heartwarming Christmas romance by Jenny Hale
  9. Mr Casanova (Billionaire Bachelors Book 5) by Lila Monroe
  10. Dangerous Witness (O’Connor Brothers Book 7) by Rhonda Brewer
  11. JUDE (Mechanics & Mayhem Book 2) by Kristine Mason <— SHE’S DATING HIS BEST FRIEND… “…After his fiancée’s brutal death, he never thought he’d risk his heart again. Then Paige Daniels walks into his garage. One look at her, and his black and white world bursts into color…until he realizes she’s dating his best friend…”
  12. Fury’s Mantle (Fury Unbound Book 5) by Yasmine Galenorn <— YASMINE GALENORN ALERT!!In the wake of the second World Shift, Tam and I have spent eight years building UnderBarrow and Willow Wood into a thriving community. We’ve created an oasis of civilization, a safe haven in the vast sea of chaos left after Seattle fell. But as we settle into our new life, a terrifying danger is rising...”
  13. Come Closer: A Romantic Suspense (The Viera Triplets Book 2) by Nicole Casey
  14. Landing Eagle (Dead Presidents MC Book 4) by Harley Stone
  15. The Moreau Estates by Danielle James <— HIS BOSS’S WIFE…
  16. The Bad Boys Starter Set by Virna DePaul <— “This boxed set collection includes three full novels—Bad Boy, M.D.Hard Time, and Rock Sexy——each with a sexy, fast-paced and emotional romance inside.”
  17. Unhinge the Universe by Aleksandr Voinov & L.A. Witt <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! HE’S A POW… “...he realizes that the soldier under the SS uniform is just like him: a scared, exhausted young man who’s lost loved ones and just wants to go home. As captor and captive form an unexpected bond, the lines quickly blur between enemy, friend, and lover…”
  18. A Summer Soundtrack for Falling in Love by Arden Powell <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
  19. Be Careful What You Wish For (The Swann Sisters Chronicles Book 2) by Evangeline Anderson <— EVANGELINE ANDERSON ALERT!! SHE WANTS TO SUE HER FAIRY GODMOTHER… “...she and her sisters are 1/8th fairy–not enough to do any magic–just enough to get them a Fairy Godmother from hell whose reckless spells makes their lives miserable. When her older sister decides to take the FG to court, Cass gets caught in the crossfire. Hit by their godmother with a disastrous birthday wish, she is in danger of losing what she loves most–her ability to paint. Because the court is in the realm of the Fae, Cass and her sisters have a Court Appointed Elf who acts as their attorney slash bodyguard. But who ever heard of a 6 foot 4 muscular elf…
  20. The Bones Beneath My Skin by T.J. KLUNE <— T.J. KLUNE M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…With nothing left to lose, he returns to his family’s summer cabin outside the small mountain town of Roseland, Oregon to try and find some sense of direction. The cabin should be empty. It’s not. Inside is a man named Alex. And with him is an extraordinary little girl who calls herself Artemis Darth Vader. Artemis, who isn’t exactly as she appears. Soon it becomes clear that Nate must make a choice: let himself drown in the memories of his past, or fight for a future he never thought possible. Because the girl is special...”
  21. Beauty and the Greek Billionaire by Stefanie London <— HE DOESN’T TRUST HER & THEN… OOPS!! “...Greek billionaire and stock market whiz, Nico Galinas has built an empire from nothing. Literally. Orphaned as a baby, Nico trusts no one. Especially not the quirky, attractive woman using the worst pick up tricks in history. She wants something, and Nico decides to play along, even when she invites herself back to his place. But what happens when “the beast” accidentally knocks up “beauty”?

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (going live at midnight!!! :D )

1. Archangel’s Prophecy (A Guild Hunter Novel) by Nalini Singh - October 30th 2018
  2. Elevation by Stephen King – October 30th 2018
  3. Shades of Wicked: A Night Rebel Novel by Jeaniene Frost - October 30th 2018
  4. Dragonfire: A Dark Kings Novel by Donna Grant - October 30th 2018
  5. Pierced (Tall, Dark, and Handsome Book 2) by J.A. Huss – October 30th 2018
  6. Secrets (Web of Sin) by Aleatha Romig - October 30th 2018
  7. Southern Devotion (Southern Heart Book 4) by Kaylee Ryan - October 30th 2018
  8. Dark Harmony (The Bargainer Book 3) by Laura Thalassa - October 31st 2018
  9. Hate Notes by Penelope Ward & VI Keeland – November 6th 2018

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Leslie M October 29, 2018 at 6:24 AM

Happy Monday!! :)

*fakes positive attitude while sleepily pouring coffee #2*

Jenn October 29, 2018 at 6:27 AM

Good Morning Maryse! I do not see two books on your Nov list that I have been looking forward to and it makes me nervous they won’t be out as planned.
Heartbreak Warefare-Heather M Oregon and Kate Stewart. It finally has a cover *squee* and I think it was to be out early Nov.???Please please please!
Keeping 13-Chloe Walsh-I plan on starting Binding 13 about a week before this is to be out so just making sure it is still planned for 11/29 as the last thing I want to do is finish Binding 13 and than have to wait.

Jenn October 29, 2018 at 6:33 AM

Oh and 3 things.

1-Loving “The Butterfly Project” Emma Scott-I think Beckett might just be my new #1-I would love to be loved the way Beckett loves *sigh*

2-Spent some time with Amy *sobbing/rocking in corner* over Hill House!

3-Had to say goodbye to my mother in law and her husband last night :-( as they left for Tampa, FL this morning in RV and they will be gone for 5 months, So sad they are breaking our “Every Sunday Dinner” Thanksgiving and Christmas traditions. I am going to miss them so much!

R. Renee October 29, 2018 at 6:35 AM

1. I’m home from Vegas, and wow I had no idea how intense a signing was from start to finish. Eat breakfast.
2. Hot cop is hotter in person.
3. I’m making Maryse’s pot roast which is why I’m up!

Jenn October 29, 2018 at 6:38 AM

Maryse silly me-ignore my Nov question, as you only post pre-orders and neither of these have one. Hell Keeping 13 does not even have a cover yet or a blurb so I guess I kind of got ahead of myself there…I am a little sleep deprived this morning so I will blame it on that. *giggles*

*drinks a coffee with Leslie* :-)

Leslie M October 29, 2018 at 8:02 AM

Robin! Omg…did you meet Becca & Krista Richie in Vegas???

Tasha J October 29, 2018 at 8:07 AM

1. I got only a few hours of sleep last night Bc I stupidly let the babe take super long naps all day yesterday.

2. It’s almost November and I can’t believe it. November says winter to me. The amount of Christmas decorations out now blows my mind!

3. I’m craving hash browns and have been all week. Why??

Maryse October 29, 2018 at 8:20 AM

Tasha, because hash browns are delicious, that’s why!!! :D I like it when they soak up my over-easy egg yolks.. YUMMMMMM!!!

That’s another thing about Keto that I struggle with. I can’t really eat my eggs over-easy or sunny side up anymore, because I have nothing to soak up the runny yolk anymore. Then it’s just wasted. So scrambled it is…

*sigh*

Maryse October 29, 2018 at 8:22 AM

LOL Jenn!!! I appreciate it, though!!! Help me stalk the preorders? ;) I’ll post as soon as they go live.

Maryse October 29, 2018 at 8:23 AM

R.

I can imagine… ;) Is he nice?

HEY I made the pot roast yesterday!!

Maryse October 29, 2018 at 8:24 AM

Awww Jenn… that’s a bummer on missing part of your family for the Holidays. Although Tampa is pretty great in the winter. ;)

Maryse October 29, 2018 at 8:25 AM

I could use another coffee, Leslie. I’m still sleepy even though I slept so deeply.

Tasha J October 29, 2018 at 8:39 AM

Mmmm that sounds delish, Maryse. I’m gonna break soon!!

Leslie M October 29, 2018 at 8:43 AM

I had 3 cups and am still tired and now pot is empty. :(

Everyone is over tired around here from staying up late watching all the Red Sox games.

Now I am craving eggs and hash browns but will make some banana oatmeal which is almost as good.

bev October 29, 2018 at 9:09 AM

1. I hate starting the beginning of the week so tired.

2. Wednesday and Thursday are still my favorite days because of my shows.

3. Found a little group to talk with about my psychopath. We can’t decide if we want the heroine to save him, though not her job, or run.

4. A light Halloween rec. Yes, korean but a movie not a drama. It’s a horror/comedy and was really fun, though I tend to stay far away from Horror. It’s called Spellbound. It’s fun and has Lee Min Ki who is just delightful.

Grey October 29, 2018 at 9:31 AM

1. I made Maryse’s pot roast… In the Instapot… Last week.
2. Heartbreak Warfare is scheduled to come out on 11/8, it is amazing. You’re gonna love it.
3. It has rained for 40 days and nights here, I’m ready to build an ark.

Jenn October 29, 2018 at 9:36 AM

Oh thank you Grey-*HAPPY DANCE* I feel sorry for whatever book I am reading at the time because it will be put to the side to read that.

Robyn October 29, 2018 at 9:38 AM

Hey Maryse, Dark Harmony is out. It showed up on my kindle October 27th.

1- it’s a beautiful day in Maryland. I love watching the trees turn all these beautiful colors. We don’t see that in AZ.

2- that being said I’m making a lot of fall comfort foods. Tonight is corn chowder with this yummy looking baguette.

3- I’m still looking for apple cider donuts. Where the heck are they? If anyone knows a place I can get my fix near Columbia, MD let me know. I think time is running out.

Amy October 29, 2018 at 10:24 AM

Good morning, ladies!

1. It’s my day off, and I had all kinds of plans for an early start to errands and such…then I overslept. :roll:

2. We added another animatronic to our collection for Halloween, and this year we’ll HAVE to stand outside handing out candy because any kid under 8 will probably avoid our house.

3. I’m not keto but I still avoid anything white (rice, bread, potatoes, pasta), and hash browns sound AMAZING right now. Crispy and salty on the outside, soft and warm on the inside…YUM!!

Amy October 29, 2018 at 10:28 AM

I’m still worked up over not being able to buy all the cute clothes I see on Pinterest. Why…WHY would someone post an adorable outfit but not say where to get the pieces??? UGH.

Robyn’s three things just scream Fall. :D

Michele G October 29, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Good Monday Morning everyone!!

1 – I made the Pesto Chicken again yesterday…cause hubby loves it, my super picky eater (youngest son) eats the heck out of it and my daughter was in from college and wanted to try it…and most obvious reason – - it’s so dang easy!! Anyway, huge hit again! I’m making the roast tomorrow. Tonight…not quite sure yet…

2 – I’m addicted to pumpkin and pecan oatmeal from Trader Joe’s. Went there yesterday to buy a few more boxes before it disappears until next year! Super yummy!

3 – I’ve been reading several books over the weekend — all of them very good. I’m currently obsessed with the audiobook I’m listening to (Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens). Truthfully, it surprises me how much I’m loving it. Even though it’s received so many good reviews, it looked to be a little different from my typical book choices. However, it is set in North Carolina which is where I’m from (and my parents still live there) – - so that was a big reason that I chose to read/listen to it. Otherwise, I really don’t know if I would have tried it but I’m so glad I did. I’m about 75% through. It’s a beautifully written story about survival, with a mystery, a love story and so much more thrown in.

Tessa October 29, 2018 at 11:22 AM

I second what Robyn said. Dark Harmony by Laura Thassala. I already started it and wow, stuffs happened pretty darn quickly. :D

1. It’s going to be a high of 69! Less than 70! YAY!

2. I’m out of pumpkin spice. No, not the creamer, the actual spice. When out of creamer, you can just add a little milk, a sugar (or truvia), and a few dashes of pumpkin spice, and you end up with basically the same flavor. SOOO good.

3. More Halloween music needs to be made. My tv has a “seasons” music channel and the actual quantity of Halloween music they have available is pathetic. They even play “spooky sounds” that contain like, cats screeching and ghost sounds all without music. *rolls eyes* That said, they do play the Marilyn Manson version of “This is Halloween” so that’s a win.

Tessa October 29, 2018 at 11:23 AM

Amy, I want to trick or treat at your house. I love Halloween decorations!

Nay October 29, 2018 at 11:39 AM

Good morning!

1) My brother was #3 in a 6-car pile-up on the interstate this morning. Totaled his Mustang but not a scratch on him, thank God!
2) For anyone waiting for the next book in L. Franco’s Off Balance series, Release, the publication date has been pushed back (it was November). She hasn’t announced a new one. :(
3) I am hooked on two YouTube channels and have been watching them all weekend. I can’t stop!!!

Amy October 29, 2018 at 11:42 AM

Tessa…I’ll send you some pics of the house when it’s all done. ;) And for some reason, your recipe for homemade pumpkin spice creamer just made me drool!

OMG Nay!! What is WITH the males in your life testing that ticker of yours with car accidents??? Seriously though, I’m glad he is okay. Pileups are scary.

Nay October 29, 2018 at 11:43 AM

I posted some freebies and bargains on GR this morning, and a couple to note are:

The Beast (BDB, #14) by the Warden is on sale for $1.99.
Dating You/Hating You by Christina Lauren is on sale for $2.99

Amy October 29, 2018 at 11:48 AM

Speaking of milk, have any of you tried Fairlife milk? It is incredible! It’s ultrafiltered and has more protein than regular milk and half the sugar (and no lactose), and it tastes so freaking good. It doesn’t taste like Lactaid milk, and even the chocolate milk has half the sugar! And ohhhhh my, the chocolate milk is divine…

Lisa Aiello October 29, 2018 at 12:08 PM

And it stays good for months and months, Amy. I’ve been drinking Fairlife for quite some time. And you are right – the chocolate milk is heavenly!!!

Michele G October 29, 2018 at 1:04 PM

Nay, I’m glad your brother is okay – - but how scary! No more car wrecks for your family please!!

And please say you are fibbing…Release is pushed…to an unknown date. I’m now very sad indeed. Ugh!

Tasha J October 29, 2018 at 1:49 PM

So, I have a picture in my head for each of you. Even though I’m sure at one point you’ve said something about yourself that recants what I picture, my picture still holds firm. And so I was reading your comments and my imagination just placed you, Nay, as a sort of heroine in a Kristen Ashley novel. I think you’re bada$$ And probably have a bunch of alpha males in your life with bada$$ cars to boot! Plus, I remember you saying something about Tennessee and the music scene and how you’ve met some big names or something. You could be like a rock chick or something! (In my head, lol) I’m sure I could picture each of you as a typical heroine in a scene or whatever from an author we love’s books.

Tasha J October 29, 2018 at 1:51 PM

Totally off topic, I know, don’t forget I’m sleep deprived. Hah! But, so glad your brother is ok too!!

Michele G October 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM

Tasha, I love the imagery…gave me a mid afternoon chuckle! Although I do suspect Nay is quite a bada$$ too!

Leslie M October 29, 2018 at 3:01 PM

Tasha, hopefully you are picturing me to look like a Victoria Secret model, as that’s exactly what I look like!! ;)

I know what Nay looks like…and she’s pretty adorable! I have seen a pic but don’t know what she sounds like. In my head, she has wicked cute southern accent.

It’s funny we know what Maryse looks and sounds like, but she doesn’t know most of us.

Leslie M October 29, 2018 at 3:05 PM

Nay! For the love of all that is holy, your family needs to stop with the car accidents!! Thank goodness everyone is ok and hopefully you are too.

R. Renee October 29, 2018 at 3:37 PM

OMG Leslie! I was just thinking that. No more driving for Renee’s fam until further notice! And I’ve heard her voice but never seen her pic! We need to compare notes!

I didn’t get to meet hot cop or Becca and Krista. Emma’s table stayed super busy so I only met the authors who stopped by.

I have images of everyone in my head too, but Leslie I always envision in a cheerleading outfit with blonde pigtails!! :D

Tessa IDK if you saw it in the group Saturday, but this is my 5 hour Halloween playlist that the hubs and I put together for our parties. https://spoti.fi/2zbsPRG

Tasha J October 29, 2018 at 3:44 PM

You’re a blonde in my head too, Leslie. Totally a bombshell model! ;)

Leslie M October 29, 2018 at 3:58 PM

Nope….old & frumpy and brunette. :(

Jan October 29, 2018 at 4:13 PM

*hugs Nay* So relieved your brother is OK.
Amy your house sounds like it’s gonna be creepy but fun. Halloween isn’t really that much of a thing down here in Australia, and you just don’t really see cool animatronics and stuff in people’s yards. We don’t even have pumpkin spice. It sounds nice though.
Jenn I’m looking forward to Keeping 13 too. It’s only next month. Not too long to wait.

Tessa October 29, 2018 at 5:29 PM

OMG, R, I absolutely LOVE this list. There were a few that made me grin. This is exactly what I was looking for. You even have the Marilyn Manson version on there! *squee* I have that CD… somewhere. lol Or not anymore. Hmm… or my brother has it and I borrowed it a long time ago. lol Now you just need Sally’s Song by Amy Lee. :D (Same album)

R. Renee October 29, 2018 at 5:31 PM

It’s collaborative so if I’m missing anything, add to it!

They’re not necessarily all Halloween, but fit the theme in some way.

Amy October 29, 2018 at 6:11 PM

Aaaaaaand DONE!

I’ll admit Trailer Park Heart was a little slow and redundant for me for the first half, but when it finally took off…BA-BAM!!! Emotional with just the right amount of angst, nothing drawn out too long or over the top. *sigh* WINNER!! :D

bev October 29, 2018 at 6:35 PM

Hmm. Leslie I’ve said before all in black. Like black chucks and hoodie.

Jenn October 29, 2018 at 6:50 PM

Awe Nay *hugs*, glad he is okay.

Nay October 29, 2018 at 7:59 PM

I can assure you that I’m about the furthest thing there is from a bada$$ or a rock chick! lol But I love the sound of it!

I’m getting kind of nervous for anyone I know to drive. Gah!

Maryse October 29, 2018 at 8:19 PM

AWESOME bargain finds, Nay! I’m getting them both!! :D

Jan October 29, 2018 at 10:58 PM

Ooh. I see a new Susan Fanetti book is out (Oct 13). *squees quietly* How did I miss that? Someday (Sawtooth Mountains Stories Bk 2). Oops, I haven’t read Bk 1. LOL. Oh well, now I’ve got 2 to read :D