Monday Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight! 12-11-17

by Maryse on December 11, 2017 · 51 comments

It’s Monday and I’m happy ’cause we have some earlybird book releases, and today I get to decide what my next read will be. *rubs hands together with gleeeeee* Anyone have a “must-read” for me? Old or new, I’m all ears. :D

I’m also happy ’cause I decorated my Christmas tree AND I just bought more of my beloved “Peppermint Mocha” coffee creamer. I didn’t realize I had a brand preference, but after sticking it through an entire bottle of “meh” I’ve returned to my HAPPY place of “International Delight” version. ;) I’m usually not that picky about anything but OMG the difference in flavor and richness is staggering.

Whoa… I just went on a morning coffee rant, didn’t I? ;) On that note, time for coffeeeeeee!!

Oh and…

Lookit! These just went live early!

1. Over Us, Over You: A Novel by Whitney G. <— WHITNEY G’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL, it’s up and it’s working!! And it sounds AHMAZZZZZING!!! Unrequited love? He was just *ahem* with his best friend’s little sister, and he’s stopping it, immediately!

“…Just in case you’ve forgotten, you’re my best friend’s little sister. We will never be anything more. (We can’t be anything more.) Our previous friendship is still unresolved–or “over” in your terms, so I’d prefer if we worked on becoming ‘just friends’ again since you’re in town.

Nonetheless, I’m not a man who leaves questions unanswered–even the drunken ones, so to properly close our inappropriate conversation:

1) Yes, I liked the way your lips felt against mine when you were on top of me.
2) Yes, I do “prefer” rough sex, but I’m pretty sure I wasn’t rough with you.
3) No, I had no idea you were still a virgin…

This message never happened,
Corey”

1. Man Hands by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby <— SARINA BOWEN ALERT!! THE TV RENO REALITY STAR & THE DIVORCEE…Too bad my ex shows up with his new arm candy. That’s when I lose my mind. But when my besties dare me to leap on the first single man I see, they don’t expect me to actually go through with it…
  2. A Love Fulfilled (Life & Love Duet Book 2) by Angela K Parker
  3. Chaos and Control by Season Vining <— SHE ROCKS HIS CONTROLLED WORLD… “Preston is a gorgeous, mysterious man, whose life is ruled by routine and order. Yet somehow, he finds Wren and her wild ways captivating. While their relationship grows in a delicate dance of chaos and control, the danger Wren thought she’d left behind during her travels is inching ever closer…and just may destroy them both…”
  4. The Deadbeat Next Door (Catalpa Creek Book 1) by Katharine Sadler <— NEIGHBOR PROBLEMS!!One night. One drunken mistake of a night and Carrie Harrison is forced to pretend to be engaged to her obnoxious, deadbeat, inconveniently gorgeous, Neanderthal of a neighbor or risk losing her job. How hard can it be?”
  5. Torrid Little Affair by Kendall Ryan <— KENDALL RYAN OFFICE ROMANCE ALERT!! “t’s the haunted look in her eyes that speaks to me. Like she’s taken just as much shit in her past as I have—maybe more. We both deserve a little fun…”
  6. Winter’s War (Her Guardians series Book 4) by G. Bailey
  7. His Country Heart (Sierra Creek Series Book 2) by Reggi Allder
  8. West Coast Love (Journey to the Heart Book 3) by Tif Marcelo
  9. Steam and Ink: Two Novels of Ink Plus Two BONUS Short Stories by Carrie Ann Ryan & Chelle Bliss
  10. Brave (A Wicked Trilogy Book 3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!!!

PREORDERS (Just a few of those going live at midnight!! :D)

1. Dawn of Surrender: A MacKenzie Family Novella by Liliana Hart – December 12th 2017
  2. Millions (Dollar Book 5) by Pepper Winters - December 12th 2017
  3. Miss Mechanic by Emma Hart - December 12th 2017
  4. What the Hail (The Hail Raisers Book 4) by Lani Lynn Vale - December 14th 2017

Nay December 11, 2017 at 7:31 AM

Good Morning and happy Monday!. Exactly 2 weeks until Christmas and I’ve gotten about 10% of my shopping done! Wah!!!!

Grey December 11, 2017 at 7:48 AM

*puffs glitter in Nay’s face* Here’s your Christmas spirit… *giggle*

Ela December 11, 2017 at 7:53 AM

Christmas shopping? What’s that? Yeah *gasp* our family stopped since there are no little kids and the hubs and I just don’t really care…yup! Bahumbug

Leslie M December 11, 2017 at 7:57 AM

Maryse, I could wax poetic for several paragraphs re: coffee aka sweet nectar of the gods! *giggles*

Nay, chop chop with the Christmas shopping! Whatcha waiting for? ;) I do actually have quite a bit of gifts bought but I am always last minute with the cards and wrapping. The cards stress me out. I havent even got a pic of my son yet…nevermind getting cards processed then addressed and mailed! Humbug!!

I am reading Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins. Buddy read over on GR for anyone who wants to join in. :)

Nay December 11, 2017 at 8:57 AM

Yay for Something in the Way! Hope y’all love it as much as I did!

Grey–thanks! I’m on it! Now that I’ve got this pesky medical stuff out of the way, I’m ready!!

Leslie–I’ve just had too much crap getting in the way! I quit doing cards years ago. I admire you for even attempting to send them!

I have shopped for DH. I got him a 9.7″ Ipad for $275 with the Black Friday deals! He already has the latest Kindle Fire because he reads as much as (if not more than) I do. But I’m tired of listening to him yelling at it because he’s trying to surf the NON user-friendly internet on it. It was clearly made for reading!

I told the fam this morning that I’m changing the Amazon password and they’ll have to use their Prime household accounts until after Christmas, so I’m ready to do some serious shopping!

Ela–you got a HOUSE for Christmas!! I’d say that’s an awesome gift for y’all to get each other!

Kelly December 11, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Maryse, have you tried Vicious by LJ Shen? The Reluctant Socialite by LM Halloran?

Sherry :) December 11, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Just an FYI my friend, you need to try White Chocolate Raspberry coffee creamer

bev December 11, 2017 at 9:43 AM

A house is a huge awesome gift.

Maryse December 11, 2017 at 10:13 AM

Is it International Delights, Sherry?? I LOVE white chocolate raspberry ANYTHING!!

Maryse December 11, 2017 at 10:14 AM

I have Vicious by haven’t started it yet. I actually jumped in to the latest one in that series but I feel like reading the series from the start would give me a better experience. So I will bring it back to the top. Thank you for reminding me, Kelly!!

Oh and off I go to look up your second suggestion. :D

Ela December 11, 2017 at 11:23 AM

Yeah I guess a house is a pretty big deal…

Ela December 11, 2017 at 11:23 AM

Would it be too much to ask for a new luxury SUV????

Tessa December 11, 2017 at 11:29 AM

BRAVE IS OUT!!! I thought that was tomorrow. By this afternoon it will be mine! FYI for those who love FAE, yes, that’s right FAE! Just saying. Oh, and adult, not YA.

A house for Christmas would be nice. lol Leslie, I don’t do cards either. I’ll maybe send out one to someone who always sends me one (she’s such a sweetie!), but that’s probably it.

Alright, looked up The Reluctant Socialite by LM Halloran. I’m curious, though I’d like to point out that he’s actually kind as opposed to Vicious. Vicious is NOT kind.

Cheryl December 11, 2017 at 11:33 AM

Happy Monday. On lunch break from work and so far IT HAS BEEN CRAZY. Is there something in the water. Crying, and screaming and throwing up kids!!! And we had a fire drill. Ugh!!

I have done very little shopping so far.

Ela, that’s what we are doing- hubs and I are shopping for a SUV. My minivan days are OVER!!!!

Nay December 11, 2017 at 11:34 AM

Me! Me! I LURVE Fae!! That’s my fave!

Nay December 11, 2017 at 11:36 AM

I wasn’t even aware of this J.A. series! But it says YA, Tessa. Is this another COTAR YA?

Nay December 11, 2017 at 11:37 AM

Lucky you, Cheryl!

D.G. December 11, 2017 at 1:03 PM

Maryse – Malachi and I!!!!!!!

Grey December 11, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Ive been reading a lot of CR lately… I need a bully and/or a real dark/psych/mindmess after the BR. TESSA… Lol! You in???

Tessa December 11, 2017 at 3:38 PM

Nay, The Wicked series is New Adult, not YA. It’s urban fantasy, and definitely Fae. *grins*

Grey, when I have I EVER turned down bully/ mindmess? Which book? Speaking of which, why is all of Sam Crescent’s books $4.99? I’d buy more of them, but that price, the book has to be awesome, and the one I read really wasn’t. I liked it but it wasn’t pure awesome and it was done too soon. Oh, and I have to read Comfort Food. Nay picked it for me. :D

Can you all tell I’m running on a sugared peppermint white mocha? *bouncy bouncy, spaz spaz*

bev December 11, 2017 at 3:46 PM

Gann
Or
To Tell the Truth

Tasha J December 11, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Really, someone should read Tell the Truth soon. It’s SO good! I just ran across it earlier on my kindle and thought of it again. We bought a van recently, October I think. So many big purchases lately, this Christmas will be more mellow.
It’s gonna get crappy tonight and tomorrow here. Snow squalls. lol I thought that was a funny word. And lots of wind and possible freezing drizzle. *shivers*
I’m still on a bit of a reading break, though I’m totally getting Miss Mechanic tomorrow. I’ve started Suits on prime. It’s addicting.

Grey December 11, 2017 at 5:02 PM

IDK…lol, you have read more of them than me. *giggle*

I will try and look though. this week is a total killer. Hence part of the reason I didn’t participate in the SS thing. Although, now I’ve got the sadz, haha!

Cheryl December 11, 2017 at 5:22 PM

Grey, same for me. Life/work very hectic so didn’t participate in SS, but still conflicted/sad about it!! :(

Tessa December 11, 2017 at 6:11 PM

I found one I got as a freebie a while ago. Treacherous by Chloe Walsh.

Maryse December 11, 2017 at 7:13 PM

What’s the SS thing?

*scrolling back*

MichelleS December 11, 2017 at 7:21 PM

***** ears perk up **** Fae? Adult Fae you say? Checking my Amazon budget right this second!!! Catnip alert,

MichelleS December 11, 2017 at 7:23 PM

Who is the author? I’m getting the Disney movie Brave here…. oy!

bev December 11, 2017 at 7:23 PM

Secret Santa.

Don’t feel conflicted about that.
Feel conflicted about not reading WiR.

Look Maryse, that is Tasha’s very polite and understated way of recommending To Tell The Truth.

MichelleS December 11, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Is it the Wicked Trilogy? I thought that was YA? No???? It’s a MichelleS style Fae book????

MichelleS December 11, 2017 at 7:29 PM

Grey – “I need a real dark/psych mind mess”… I agree with Bev… GAAN. So dark (sci fi erotica dark). El Diablo was dark too (contemporary). And the series I’m reading now is dark fantasy. (Beautiful Monsters).

Ash December 11, 2017 at 7:39 PM

Hey Peeps! Has anyone here read Ten Thousand Points of Light her? Good gracious I’ve been in a book funk since September and this officially got me out of it. I loved everything about it – it made me have butterflies and all the smiles. Go in blind if you haven’t read it, it’s so worth it and such a fresh storyline. Anyway, I haven’t heard it discussed on here yet and I love talking about reads. (That’s my hint/plead for someone to pick this up and love it as much as I do!!)

Tessa December 11, 2017 at 8:02 PM

Wicked Trilogy, and yep. Not YA. It’s new adult. When I grabbed it, it was her first adult book writing as Jennifer Armentrout. :) The Seth books are also adult too. :) However, MY SETH!!!

Tessa December 11, 2017 at 8:38 PM

Grey or there is In The Band by Jean Haus but I think Treacherous is more our type of book, looking at the blurb. Also, why is there an A in the word treacherous? That doesn’t make sense.

Cheryl December 11, 2017 at 8:44 PM

Ash, I seem to recall someone on here talking about reading TTPOL. Was it you Maryse??

I have it on my tbr. Now to decide between that one, Man Hands, Over Us, Over You or Everest. Although I read the sample of Everest and was having a hard time getting into it.

Grey December 11, 2017 at 9:00 PM

*flicks peanut at Maryse and Amy* you girls forget… *I did* read Gann! Those two left me all by my lonesome back in February when we did the scifi challenge month! I kicked Gann’s ass!

Tessa December 11, 2017 at 9:23 PM

GREY! Choose a book! In the Band or Treacherous. So treacherous there’s a sneaky A I keep forgetting to type. You might have Treacherous since at one point it was free. :D

Grey December 11, 2017 at 9:24 PM

This is what I just posted in another thread here at GR… In case anyone else is interested in joining and picking a theme month… Usually Ela, Melinda, Jan, Jean… Maryse?

Come one, come all… *tosses glitter*

January 2018 ~ Tessa’s pick ~ Musical Themed books (ahem… Robin’s!)
February 2018 ~ Kooloo’s pick ~ Second Chance Love
March 2018 ~ bev’s pick ~ Spring/Renewal
April 2018 ~ Nay’s pick ~ Someone’s Name in the Title
May 2018 ~ Grey’s pick ~ Continuation of a Series Read
June 2018 ~ Leslie’s pick ~ The Month of Maryse! (a recommendation off the blog or a favorite of our fearless leader!)
July 2018 ~ Michelle’s pick ~ Reread a Favorite Book!
August 2018 ~ Amy’s pick ~ Drink Themed title

OK this is what we have so far!!

R. Renee December 11, 2017 at 9:30 PM

I soooo want to try to do this next year! I was a complete failure this year!

If there are any months left, I’ll pick “book with a mostly pink cover”

Kooloo December 11, 2017 at 9:48 PM

Ela is too busy tonight unpacking sh@t – lol
it looks like shat lol

Kooloo December 11, 2017 at 9:49 PM

Grey babe please save Oct for Elabelle and I will remind her to pick a theme tomorrow!

Kooloo December 11, 2017 at 9:55 PM

Cheryl, Grey and Maryse!!!! The SS thang is just a rehersal, a dry run so to speak – we are still getting the kinks out this year… so that next year when you join it will be Epic!!!

PS Cheryl are you on GRs – if so please find me.

Kooloo December 11, 2017 at 9:58 PM

oy!!! LMAO MichelleS
I loved Brave the movie – and their saxy accents
ummm can I say that about a Disney movie

Cheryl December 11, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Grey- how about for September- since it’s usually start of school, teacher-student theme?

Cheryl December 11, 2017 at 10:16 PM

Or Grey since it’s football season a sports theme for September??

Kooloo December 11, 2017 at 10:18 PM

HEY ASH!!!! Lurv your bitmoji you look like a rockin’ bunny tomato…
SO I HAVE read Ten Thousand Points of Light when I was in the “What to read after DRIVE” listy that Maryse made!!!!
AND YESSS I agree t’was a beauty – with a some-what unique premise (loved the whole Before/After amnesia bit). The characters felt real and the writing was strong which made the FEELS just that much more.
Oh and EVAN was soooooooooo

Cheryl December 11, 2017 at 10:22 PM

Kooloo, I sent you a friend request on GR.

Kooloo December 11, 2017 at 10:28 PM

Jan what was my Pick4You this month I want to read it too.

Melinda December 12, 2017 at 5:30 AM

Grey, I will do a rockstar/ movie star one in whatever month.

I am trying to finish my Xmas shopping I’m about half way. Have about 25 people to go. Omg. And I have Xmas at my house. 35 people. Killing me with trying to work.

Leslie M December 12, 2017 at 7:34 AM

Melinda, I hope you can do some online shopping. I also hope you have help with cooking for those 35 people coming over. I would DIE! I have anxiety just feeding my own family at holidays.

Ash December 12, 2017 at 12:51 PM

Kooloo YES! I need more books with feels. Gimme gimme.

No clue how I have an atomic bunny as my avatar. I’ve been following this blog since…2009ish? Must have given me something default at my initial signup!

I think I might try the new Whitney G. next.