Darkest Perception: A Dark and Mind-Blowing Steamy Romance <— DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! This one JUST WENT LIVE, it’s super-bargain priced (only for now – it’s a “new release special” ) & it’s on KU!! This sounds like a book after my own heart, when the author told me the feel of the story was “angsty and dark.” <— GASP!!! That’s for me!!!
After losing everything, she had an offer that she couldn’t refuse… 😉
“I was young, innocent, and looking to start my career in psychology. However, it turned out I was in the wrong class, with the wrong professor, at the wrong time. One decision to become an apprentice changed my entire life.
After being left with nothing, including my true identity, money, family, and friends, I was evicted from my apartment. I knew I’d have to run and hide while struggling with starvation, but then a shady job offer became an appealing option in the midst of my desperation.
I was fully aware of the risks involved, but I’m well versed in reading people and assuming their intentions. Therefore, I was confident I wouldn’t end up being that woman who ran into a trap, decorated with luxurious accommodations and high-class amenities. I also wasn’t the type to reach for bait disguised as a gorgeous man with lust pooling in his eyes.
As it turns out, though … I was wrong about everything—almost everything.
I fell into the rabbit hole where nothing was as it seemed from the outside, and I had no clue I was the puppeteer of it all..”
Yep. Blurb jolt for me!!
But… that’s not all. The authors gives us a bit of introspective in her experience writing this one. 😉 I lovvvvve juicy tidbits!! I asked her for them, and boy did she come through. 😛
As for the juicy tidbits, let’s see:1. I started sharing the first few chapters of Darkest Perception with readers a couple of years ago since I planned to do a weekly chapter on my website. I thought it would be fun to ask for feedback and opinions from my readers about where the story should go. With their opinions, the story developed into a much larger plot than originally planned, so I decided to turn it into a full-length novel.
2. I had to do a lot of research on interrogation methods, which was a bit scarier than I imagined it would be. However, this is why I love writing … I get to learn something new everyday.
3. I was about halfway through the book when I started watching the show, Blindspot, and Sullivan Stapleton (yum) reminded me so much of one my main characters, Axel. He became a great muse for my character development. I guess I’m a softy for the tough, brooding, quiet, and passionate type. Oh and super hot. Although, after some debate with my early readers, Axel is younger, so we went Scott Eastwood as Axel’s p physical look-alike ;).
4. There is a psychological component to the story, and as I was writing, I began to wonder if what I was saying could be true (in real life). As an author, I always root myself within my characters, and sometimes I go too far and scare myself haha. I definitely had some fantastic nightmares while writing this book.
5. The original idea for Darkest Perception came from my hubby. He was shooting out all these crazy ideas to me and I totally glossed over with confusion at first. I told him I didn’t think I could write such an intense story, but he pushed me to do it because he wanted to see what I’d come up with. That’s why I started with the weekly chapter episodes on my blog. After I decided to turn into a full novel, I shared some of the new chapters with him, which was when he kindly let me know that I took his ideas a little too far and he was scared to sleep next to me that night haha. That was probably the best form of encouragement to continue on :).
P.S. I’d love to hear of a nightmare or two (Hey, I can’t help my need for adrenaline rushes and creepy stuff), but… maybe we’ll save that for our Halloween feature. 😛
Now for the giveaway!!
- a signed copy of Darkest Perception and a $20 Amazon gift card!!!
How to enter for a chance to win the signed book and gift card? Just leave a comment below (and… better yet, if you ever had a story stick with you so hard you dreamed about it, let us know!!) and by 10pm EST, Sunday May 20th 2018, I will randomly select one lucky commenter as the winner.
Also, while not necessary to enter, it would be awesome if you’d share this giveaway on Twitter or Instagram, or Facebook.
The winner will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond with a mailing address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. These books will be sent to the winner directly by the author.
Giveaway open to U.S.!!! (However all are welcome to comment)
About the author:
Shari J. Ryan is an International Bestselling Author of heartbreakers and mind-benders. Shari was once told she tends to exaggerate often and sometimes talks too much, which would make a great foundation for fictional books. Four years later, Shari has written eleven novels that often leave readers either in tears from laughing, or crying.