It… umm… it is Superbowl Sunday, right?
Eeeeep! I hope so or else it will be obvious just how little I know about baseball. *snort* LOL!!!! I KNOW…. I KNOW!! I was just teasing. Sorta. FOOTBALL. Actually any “ball”. I know nothing about any of ’em.
Just that when there are sports on, there are parties, and really delicious bad-for-you food, and Facebook feeds loaded in cheering and grumbling with “tackling” and stuff. Funny! But I just stick to my books, and giggle at the sport-rants and raves from over here. And the commercials updates. Behind my iPad.
AND OMG this Superbowl Sunday (or at least I hope it is… or else *blush* how embarrassing)… there are a TON of AWESOME tried and true books that went on supersale at rock bottom prices, and a few new releases that look so good. I can’t just leave ’em there! So I made a list! YAY LISTS!!
- Clipped Wings (The Clipped Wings Series Book 1) by Helena Hunting <— On SUPER-SALE!!! I hear this one (that used to be a fanfic – and you know I love me some fanfic) is AMAZING!!! Melanie says: “clipped wings was a twilight fan fic but a really good one,i really liked it back then…” and Melissa LOVED this one! “I‘ve read the novella and the first book and I am hooked!! Cannot wait to read the rest. I think that you will really like them, they are full of angst and lots of delicious tattooed boys!“
- Fallen Too Far: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 1) by Abbi Glines <— SUPER-SALE RUSH-CRUSH alert!!! This one was SO fun, right up my romance-angst alley and I couldn’t help but 5-star it!!! And Allie agrees: “I finished Fallen Too Far in 3.5 hours last night! It was so good and I couldn’t get enough.” Teresa too: “Fallen Too Far is one of my absolute favorites. ” See? LOL! Check out my review (it’s a funny one).
- Keela (Slater Brothers 2.5) by L.A. Casey <— JUST RELEASED!!! The first book drove me nuts (but kind of in a good way… the push-pull of these two fairly obnoxious characters was addictive and crazy-making). But I know a TON in our reading crew loved ’em, so in case you’re in the mood for more romance punishment, here’s the latest one in the series!
- Enslaved (Brides of the Kindred Book 14) by Evangeline Anderson <— JUST RELEASED!! “Thrace S’ver is an unwilling slave. Drugged and bound, he is taken to the Flesh Bazaar and put up for sale to the highest bidder. But this is not the first time Thrace has been on the auction block—he has a past full of horrors he doesn’t intend to repeat. Desperate to be free, he swears he’ll kill whoever buys him.” And SHE ends up buying him…
- FUSE by Deborah Bladon <— JUST RELEASED!!! Standalone. He’s a super-successful artist in pain from the loss of a woman (or two?) and she’s running away from her past and starting anew in law school.
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens <— SUPER-SALE!!!! ADDICTIVE and unputtdownable!! This is one of my all-time romance angst (and I MEAN ANGST!!!!) favorites in the whole world. Kellan and Travis were neck and neck for me for the LONGEST time, so you know this one rocked my world. Quite literally, since Kellan is an up-and-coming rock star. If by chance, you haven’t read this yet, and love romance angst, READ IT!!! It’s at a rock bottom price right now, and #2 & #3 are on sale right now, too!!! MUST MUST MUST READ!!! (my review will say it all, but no spoilers, so no worries).
- Effortless (Thoughtless Book 2) by S.C. Stephens <— ALSO ON SALE!!! (and very angsty and fun!!)
- Reckless (Thoughtless Book 3) by S.C. Stephens <— ALSO ON SALE!!! (book #3!!!). AND there WILL be a book #4 in just a couple of weeks. *squeeeee!!*
- Thoughtful (Thoughtless book #4) by S.C. Stephens <— PRE-ORDER (and will be coming out February 24th so catch up with #1,2 & 3). We are in for a treat!!!
- KICK (Savage Saints MC Book 1) by Carmen Jenner <— RECENT RELEASE!! (BIKER ALERT!) “When I was twenty-seven, I betrayed that brotherhood. I’ve spent every day since running, avoiding paying back that debt.”
- 12 Days of Forever (The Beaumont Series) by Heidi McLaughlin <— JUST RELEASED!!
- The Book Affair: Volume 1 by by Elizabeth Miller, Bev Elle, B.L. Mooney, Michele Stratton, Vanessa Marie, Lisa N. Paul, Phalla S. Rios, Lisa M. Harley, Nicole Andrews Moore “Nine Authors, nine stories and over nineteen hundred pages of romance come together in this anthology to raise awareness and benefit the American Heart Association. Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women. Help us make a difference. Go Red and Speak Red. All proceeds of this anthology will go to the American Heart Association – Go Red for Women campaign.“
Is it possible I have read none of the Thoughtless series….hmm bought the first one…should I buy the others??
Erin!!!!!!!!! READ IT!!!! NOW!!!! *gasp!!* I’m SO jealous of you right now.
Well now I have too….not sure why I never have. Bring on a fabulous book over football any day!! Let me get started!!
Actually any “ball”. I know nothing about any of ‘em. <—— *snort* Sure you don't, Miss pure-as-the-driven-snow…BOOK-wise, I mean. Miss PATDS with books. Not in real life. Nothing untoward implied! Ya know that, right? Um…hugs? *giggle*
OMG Erin!!! I'm in the jealous boat with Maryse right now. Freaking angst up the ying-yang with that one, particularly the first book. *Especially* the first book. That was my intro to angst. 😉 I'm all giddy for you! 😀
I needed to talk to you ladies a long time ago. I have started….but I have to work tomorrow. Maybe I should of waited until the weekend. Now I am super excited!
I was thinking the exact same thing….so jealous of those who haven’t read it! I was late to the K. Bromberg Driven trilogy & all the books were already out & everyone was going nuts over Colton Donavan & I remember thinking, “what’s the big deal?” Then I read them….
Thoughtless is another besides Archer’s Voice and On The Island that I’m missing out on. 🙁
Have you read Apples Should be Red by Penny Watson. Very different take on of an alpha in this novella. He is 62, cusses like a trooper, she is 59 and is miss prim and proper. This was such a good story with a great feel good factor and different. Give it a go.
Fabi – I highly recommend you read Archer’s Voice right now!!! Just drop everything and pick. up. that. book. That is one that sticks with me long past reading it. Same with On the Island. Will never forget that one. Ever!!!! Now Thoughtless…. I know that I liked it a lot, because I turned around and bought book two immediately. But I’ll be danged if I can remember any details. I got nothin’. Literally. No names, places, plot lines. Nothin’. So…. based on that…. I’d pick Archer’s Voice…. COME ON!!! DO IT!!!! 🙂 (Just so we can do a happy dance when you love it).
I’m reading Cartel. I think I need a shower…. it’s so dirty, and dark. I am hoping someone starts acting hero-like soon! I can’t stand it when the bad guys stay bad guys for this long!!! I think I am going to have to go with the A Second Chance at Paris after this, just to get some sweet romance.
I already know I’m going to love those books. I swear they are at the tippy top of my tbr list. I’ve just been sidetracked by new releases lately. Hopefully February will be a catch up month for me and I can get to those brilliant books that everyone has raved about.
Loved Archer’s Voice. It was a beautiful story. I finished Indebted #3 yesterday and am loving this series. Another snow storm so I am starting A Second Chance At Paris.
MichelleS – Cartel looked good to me. I might have to grab it. I also need to get the 4th book of the Roam series which is fantastic!
Fabi, I haven’t read Thoughtless either- it scares me, lol. I bought it cause it was like 99 and very talked about and loved, but then noticed that a lot of love came from loving the hero not the heroine. So I was like, “uh-oh”. I’ve had it forever should give it a whirl soon.
Odd man out here, I absolutely hated Thoughtless. I bought all 3 books and barely made it through the first.
I did love Archers Voice and On the Island was amazing.
Lots of food for thought on Thoughtless. The other two are falling off the top of my tbr pyramid since they are so high up there.
Tracy stay safe in all that snow. Paris will warm your heart if not your toes. 🙂
Tracy I want a little bit of your snow. I love the stuff. Aim reading two books with snow so there is that.
I should just stop being a chicken and read it.
Lori I have been that odd one. It’s kind of funny cause I’m looking at book like really!?! But have loved books too that others are like “meh” about. And you know that hurts, lol.
Oh ladies, read Thoughtless so I can live vicariously through you. Pretty please? With a manatee on top?
Yes – please read Thoughtless!! Lori, try the second book – you must read it to experience all that is Kellan Kyle. Bev – he is worth it. I don’t love angst as much as Amy, but I loved the series of 3 books – have read them several times.
I’ve been the odd one before, and I’m ok with it bev 😉
Jackie, to read the 2nd book, I’d have to read the 1st one again since it’s been so long, and I just can’t do that to myself lol
Hey! Don’t y’all be trying to take my oddball title from me now. <—read that with a southern twang
I actually love the company. I'm never upset when someone doesn't like a book I like. It still surprises me that some of you occassionally like the same book I like. *hugz*