It is suddenly Sunday… and even though that means the week is about to start, there are early book-treats waiting in our midst! The first two right off the bat are vying for my next TBR read… but no. I can’t read two at once. I have to choose. And I’m still building my “to read right now” TBR list to post later today. AND! I’m still recovering from my gorgeous Eleanor & Park read thats very last sentence took my breath away. OH YES. But… I can’t resist adding to my enormous “main” TBR list with these.
- The Offer by Karina Halle <— ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS IN THE WORLD ALERT!!! And this one’s about a single mom that is struggling big time… that is until “Her saving grace comes in the form of a tall, handsome and wealthy Scotsman Bram McGregor, the older brother of her friend Linden. Bram understands a thing or two about pride, so when tragic circumstances place Nicola at rock bottom, he offers them a place to live in the apartment complex he owns. It’s pretty much the perfect deal, so as long as she doesn’t mind living beside Bram, a man that, despite his generosity, seems to antagonize her at every turn.“
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon <— AWESOME AUTHOR/CAGE-FIGHTER ALERT!! And he sees her… and there’s *something* about her that’s very different. “No one seemed to see her at all, except for the few who squeezed past her, tossing exasperated looks at her unsmiling face. When they realized she wasn’t normal, they hurried away. Why was it that no one saw her, yet she was the first thing I saw?” What does that mean?!! And our very own Kandace has this to say about it:
“I just finished The Song of David by Amy Harmon. I can’t even put into words how much this book touched me. It’s one of the books that we are continuously searching for. Her words are beautiful and soulful. You never know where life will take you or what your future will be. But Amy showed us with the right mixture of friendship and love, you can fight the Giants!” and then she told ME: “The Song of David…. 10 stars. OMG. I’m still reeling. You’d love it. But you should read The Law of Moses to get the full effect.”
- Let Me Go (The Invisibles) by Michelle Lynn <— HE’S ARROGANT & WON’T GET CLOSE & SHE MOVES IN ALERT! “Then, just when the chains loosen around my heart, she walks into my life—or worse, the room next door. She strolls into my house with her bouncy brown curls and banging body, slithering herself through the smallest opening and making me crave the one thing I’ve denied myself these past years.“
- Only Tonight <— SHE’S A BARTENDER & HE’S A SOLDIER ALERT! “Faith Owens ran away from life two years ago, losing herself in easy living on a small private island. Preferring carefree days as a bartender to the stressful haunting of her past, Faith chooses a life of isolation. A night like every other, she expects tips but she finds the one thing she isn’t looking for–Kyle.”
- My Traitor (Nadia Wolf Character Novel) by Nicolette Pierce <— HE LOVED HER, SHE BETRAYED HIM ALERT! <— “…she was the only woman that he had ever loved. And she was a traitor. After an excruciating stint in enemy prison — thanks to her — and six years of guilt — thanks to her, again — Remy finally rid her from his system and was ready to move on. But Ava had other plans and hunted him down.
- Unlikely Allies by <— OMG I LOVE THE SOUND OF THIS ONE ALERT!!! “What happens when a single mom’s four-year-old daughter falls in love with Mr. Right and she doesn’t?“
- Vérité by Rachel Blaufeld <— ALSO JUST RELEASED NOW!!! “I was determined to hide behind my past indiscretions. That was, until I met Tiberius Jones. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d learn the truth about love from a six-foot-five basketball player.“
- Every Breath You Take (Oasis Book 1) by Ivy Simone <— STALKER ALERT!!! “The ex-fiancé she thought she’d finally escaped from returns, and her safety is snatched away. He’s determined to get her back at any cost…”
- Long Time Gone (Rough Riders) by Lorelei James <— SUPER-POPULAR STEEEEEAMY SERIES NEW RELEASE! “Calvin McKay can’t understand his twin brother’s rush toward the altar—until he lays eyes on the bride’s younger sister. But she’s far too innocent for him to pursue…”
- King by T.M. Frazier <— SHE’S HOMELESS & HE’S A PRISONER ALERT! <— This sounds awesome too. She’s homeless with no memory… and he’s just been released from prison. And this author made me LOVE her with her first book a year or two ago, and finally will be releasing another, tomorrow. I think THIS might be my next.
- Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 – 5) (Silo series) by Hugh Howey <— POST APOCALYPTIC SERIES BUNDLE FOR SUPER-PRICE!! “The world outside has grown unkind, the view of it limited, talk of it forbidden. But there are always those who hope, who dream. These are the dangerous people, the residents who infect others with their optimism. Their punishment is simple. They are given the very thing they profess to want: They are allowed outside.” <— GAH!!!! What’s outside??!!