News tidbits!!! Signing reveals, bargain books & freebie finds (scattered throughout the news posts, below), upcoming book details, Best Sellers and more!!
- Sempre (Forever) by JM Darhower!! I loved this one and I’m hoping this huge price drop is because #2 will be out soon. *fingers crossed* ALSO!! BIG NEWS!! Here is a link to the SEQUEL TEASER!!!! Eeeeeeeep!!! (and this one is from back in Sept but also a fantastic romantic teaser)
- The Texas book signing that hosted three of my absolute favorite authors (Colleen Hoover, Jamie McGuire and Tammara Webber) was a HUGE success!! Everyone appears to have had a blast and these gorgeous pictures (one each of the author’s Facebook pages) make it come to life for the rest of us! Do yourselves a favor. If you haven’t read their books yet, you must!! All best sellers and with good reason. These books rocked my world!! (my reviews: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Easy by Tammara Webber – plus their other books did too. Absolute favorites of mine, the bunch of ’em!!)
Nancy attended the signing and provided us some wonderful tidbits!! (and uploaded these pictures Jamie McGuire and signed message –> I’m a wee bit jealous. LOL!!!)
- “One more Beautiful Disaster tid bit I picked up today regarding the movie. Follow Julia Hart on Twitter for lil updates about the screenplay Julia Hart”
- “Jamie also said it will take about 6 months for Julie Hart to complete the screenplay….then on to casting Travis!!”
- “Jamie…..she was such a sweetheart! I told her Maryse turned me on to her books & the wonderful Travis!!”
- “We will have books about all of the Maddox brothers!!!! Per Jamie”
- “release date for Between The Line s book 4 sometime in August. Tammara would not reveal the name of the book though”
- Congratulations to Colleen Hoover for being #1 on the NYT Best Sellers List for the 3rd week in a row!
- Tracey Garvis Graves (author of another one of my favorites “On the Island: A Novel“) has just released awesome news!! (here is my Review – On The Island) She says:
“Hey everyone! For those of you who miss Anna and T.J., you’ll get to see them again (and Ben, too!) in the upcoming Isle of Bones. I’ll post more information (and a teaser) as we get closer to the publication date this spring. This is an eSpecial (similar to a Kindle single), and you’ll be able to read the first chapter of Covet at the end.”
- Many of you have notified me of a new freebie today! Overwhelm Me (Callahan Series) by AC Marchman is free! I haven’t read it yet, but I’ve added it to my TBR list.
- Kylie Scott (author of “Flesh” – LOVED IT!! See my book review Flesh) has just updated us (on her Facebook page) of her own writing progress and upcoming books. She says:
“Sorry guys, Bone (Book 3 in the Flesh series) won’t be out till later this year. I’ve discovered I can’t write books back to back that are set in the same world. So in the meantime I’m working on my first New Adult book. Not a single Zombie will hit the page. I will however admit to there being a Rockstar involved.Skin (Book 2 in the Flesh series) will still most definitely be hitting the digital shelves 1st of February. Less than two weeks now!”
- Also on the NYT Best Sellers list – congratulations to Abbi Glines for one of my favorites “Fallen Too Far” (at #11), The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen at #4, Someone to Love by Addison Moore (at #5) and the The Valentine’s Arrangement at #23. And of course I’d like to send a continued congratulations to EL James (Fifty Shades of Grey) and Sylvia Day (Bared to You) for their extended stay on The NYT Best Seller list. 😉
- Speaking of Jessica Sorensen, Jules found us this upcoming book teaser! She says:
“Yes, there is a Book 2 to Callie and Kayden’s Story! Release date coming soon! Teaser #1 from The Redemption of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)”
- Kitty Thomas (author of some seriously dark reads that I admit to having indulged in – guilty pleasures or more like “guilty psychological terrors” 😉 – see my review of her Comfort Food here) is writing a vampire one as we speak!! She says: (on her Facebook page)
“Wrote the first scene of the new vampire book today. This is going to be INTENSE. I can already tell this book is going to drain me, but… I think it will be worth it.”
she also said:
“I am SO so excited about the new book I’m about to start. Like I CANNOT wait! I was going to switch to my other pen name for a book or two but I still need that idea to percolate a bit more. I was going to do Brian and Mina’s book (for this name) but that, too, needs to percolate a tiny bit more. I’m excited about that book but it is nothing compared to how I feel about THIS book at this moment. It’s something that has sort of percolated for quite some time in the back of my consciousness and I am SO ready to set this baby free. I need to write the one I’m most excited about. There is a vampire, but it’s very different from The Last Girl. So if you liked Last Girl, be prepared for a different vampire mythology than that one. If you didn’t like The Last Girl, don’t let this put you off this one, again… very different. It doesn’t have even a tentative title yet, but… man I’m so excited to write this!”
- Speaking of authors with the name “Kitty”, Chrissy brought this price reduction to our attention: Knight and Play (Knight series) by Kitty French.
- A new release that has been discussed (and enjoyed) by a few of our fellow readers: Collide by Gail McHugh <– Lisa says: “I decided to buy Collide by Gail McHugh and OMG, I cannot put it down. I ♥ it so much”
- Groupie/Rock Star Bundle by Ginger Voight is bundled and even more bargain priced today. Thank you Nancy!! Here are my reviews!!: Groupie and Rock Star (Book #3 “Mogul” will be out early February!)
- All Over You (Devoured) by Emily Snow is another freebie today!! Short prequel but I really liked it!
- Kelly Favor “For His Pleasure” fans…#14 (With His Belief (For His Pleasure, Book 14)) is now live on Amazon!
- Remember that book “Risking It All” by Jennifer Schmidt that I read last year (check out my review)? The author says… “Who would like a little more of Kennedy and Memphis?” (see her blogpost)
- S.C. Stephens fans! She posted a Kellan teaser last week, on her Facebook page! She said:
“Would you guys like a teaser to help you get through the wait? How about one from the bonus Kellan POV that will be attached to chapter two of Reckless? Hmmm? I’m going to assume you all said yes. Here you go! (Note: It’s Kellan, so there are a couple of f-bombs in here)”
- And another freebie!! Midnight Man (Midnight) by Lisa Marie Rice (he’s a SEAL!)
- Bargain priced book! Thank you Sarah for pointing out —> A Song for Julia (Thompson Sisters) by Charles Sheehan-Miles. Great read! Check out my review.
OK a non-related comment. Don’t you just hate when a books says it’s #1 in a series, but when you go to look for book #2 there isn’t a book #2? Just saying.
hehe… yah. We’re all suffering through needing more in a series right now. Lot’s of great #1’s… and we’re now in #2 limbo. 😉
Donna and Maryse, I agree, I am currently following about 10 or more series!! Sometimes I get the characters and books confused and have to ask myself…’now who did that? or how did that one (cliff-hang) end?’ 😉
Great author updates Maryse, don’t know how you found time if your still reading “Truth”. I’m about 30% into “Truth” and I swear, sometimes I think Claire is one of “THOSE” women (groupies) who fall in love with serial killers…
I clicked on overwhelm me and its $2.99, not a freebie:( looks good tho:)
You are my go-to source for my book/author updates, Maryse. Thank you so much for keeping us all in the loop! 2013 is going to be a good year for us book addicts and our sequels and series!
Thanks guys! I love finding out the tidbits, and I’m glad to know you do too!
I got Overwhelm Me… Already read it, it’s okay, glad I got it for free!!!
Just finished reading Sempre (LOVED IT !!!!) can not wait for the sequel!!! Hope we will hear more about the release date soon 🙂
Thank you for all the updates and teasers. I can’t wait for the rest of Callie & Kayden’s story!
“Ever After” by Kim Harrison released TODAY!!! 🙂 YAY!! 🙂
The book signing was so much fun! All 3 authors were so nice and accomodating to the hundreds and hundreds of us that were there. And yes, it was so great to hear that Jamie McGuire is going to do books for the other Maddox brothers… I can not wait! She said she had at least one, if not two, stand alones before those though.
I’m gonna dedicate a shelf to the Maddox brothers. Oh. Yes. 😉
I just want Beautiful Disaster to be on sale for at least one day so i can finally get it 🙁
Thanks for the mention.:O)
Knight & Play will be on @ half price until the end of January.
I just wanted to say I love your blog and I usually do my homework here before I read anything, but I did just finish one that I think you will love and haven’t seen on any of your lists…A Beautiful Lie by Tara Sivec. It was fantastic and had me completely hooked. Also just finished Vain by Fisher Amelie and really liked that one as well, so thought provoking. Keep up the good work!!
Have been going back and fourth on a books to read and I finally broke and read Sempre and I’m glad I did I saw that you gave it a 4.5 review and read the book description and I thought something completely different glad you rated it good I would have missed out in an awesome book!
Can’t wait for the next book!
Mogul is out on iBooks!!!
Whoa that was FAST!!! It was supposed to be a Valentines Day release but awesome for early!
Reading “Someone to Love” right now and loving it! It’s all kinds of sexy but also sweet and the writing is fantastic. Big bonus is that it’s super cheap right now! :o)