Johanne: It is sci-fi and very political (it’s about two species – humans that arrive on a planet that’s already colonized) and so interesting, but there is romance and I can’t wait for it to happppppeeennnn!!!!
About book #1:
The groundbreaking novel that launched Cherryh’s eponymous space opera series of first contact and its consequences…
It had been nearly five centuries since the starship Phoenix, lost in space and desperately searching for the nearest G5 star, had encountered the planet of the atevi. On this alien world, law was kept by the use of registered assassination, alliances were defined by individual loyalties not geographical borders, and war became inevitable once humans and one faction of atevi established a working relationship. It was a war that humans had no chance of winning on this planet so many light-years from home.
Now, nearly two hundred years after that conflict, humanity has traded its advanced technology for peace and an island refuge that no atevi will ever visit. Then the sole human the treaty allows into atevi society is marked for an assassin’s bullet. THe work of an isolated lunatic? The interests of a particular faction? Or the consequence of one human’s fondness for a species which has fourteen words for betrayal and not a single word for love?
- Foreigner: 10th Anniversary Edition (Foreigner series) <— My sister’s review
- Invader: Book Two of Foreigner (Foreigner series 2) <— My sister’s review
- Inheritor (Foreigner series Book 3)
- Precursor (Foreigner series Book 4)
- Defender (Foreigner series Book 5)
- Explorer (Foreigner series Book 6)
- Destroyer (Foreigner series Book 7)
- Pretender (Foreigner series Book 8)
- Deliverer (Foreigner series Book 9)
- Conspirator (Foreigner series Book 10)
- Deceiver (Foreigner series Book 11)
- Betrayer (Foreigner series Book 12)
- Intruder (Foreigner series Book 13)
- Protector (Foreigner series Book 14)
- Peacemaker (Foreigner series Book 15)