Michelle: I have to plug it again because it really is one of my favorite series – House of Korba came out today which is the newest book in the Ghostbird series by CL Stone. They are crazy addicting… It looks like a young adult novel but especially in the later books, ramps up on mature topics and romance. It is already riske since there is one girl and 7 guys who are all into her. And the Academy part is not what you think…ie not just a school.
Fabi: Michelle, I downloaded it. It sounds right up my alley in reading taste. Thanks for the recommendation.
Tessa: Anyone read the Ghost Bird series? It’s a YA book, but pretty good. The character is a Mary Sue, but it works. Normally Mary Sues become DNF books, but the relationships within and why she is one has me hooked. I’m reading Night School just to ease out of my YA mood and read Second Debt. I for a bit contemplated just reading the rest of the series rather than the one I’ve been dying to read for months.
Michelle: Tessa, I LOVE the ghostbird series. Each book gets better for me! It’s one of my auto buys now and there are going to be a lot of books in the series – like I think she has 20+ planned.
Tessa: I went back to the Ghost Bird series. *sighs* I love this series so much.
Tessa: Finished Ghost Bird 4. Still love it, though the suggestion of where it’s going had me going, huh? *grins* I still love the series.
About book #1:
With an agoraphobic mother and a barely-there father, Sang Sorenson abhors the isolation keeping her in the shadows. What she craves is a fresh start and to be accepted as ordinary, because for her, being different meant being cast out alone.
When her family moves to a new school district, Sang infiltrates a group of boys, each nearly perfect in every way. Grateful for an influence outside of her parents’ negativity, she quickly bonds with the boys, hoping to blend in and learn from them what it means to have friends.
Only the boys have secrets of their own and they’ll do anything to keep her safe from the knowledge of the mysterious Academy they’ve sworn allegiance to. Bit by bit, Sang discovers her friends are far from what she’d expected. Will her loyalty change when she’s forced to remain in the dark, or will she accept that she’s traded one house of secrets for another?
Meet Kota, Victor, Silas, Nathan, Gabriel, Luke and North in a story about differences and loyalty, truth and mystery, friendships and heart-throbbing intimacy.
The Academy, ever vigilant.
- Ghost Bird: The Academy Omnibus Part 1: Books One – Four <— The first 4 books bundled at a bargain price! OR
- Introductions: The Ghost Bird Series: #1
- First Days: The Ghost Bird Series: #2
- Friends vs. Family: The Ghost Bird Series: #3
- Forgiveness and Permission: The Ghost Bird Series: #4
- Drop of Doubt: The Ghost Bird Series: #5
- Push and Shove: The Ghost Bird Series: #6
- House of Korba: The Ghost Bird Series: #7 (The Academy)
- Sound of Snowfall: A Ghost Bird Series Winter Short Story (The Academy – a quick free scene)
- Touch of Mischief: A Ghost Bird Series Halloween Short Story (The Ghost Bird Series Book 7.5)
- The Other Side of Envy: The Ghost Bird Series: #8 (The Academy)
- The Healing Power of Sugar: The Ghost Bird Series: #9 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)
- First Kiss: The Ghost Bird Series: #10 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)
- Black and Green: The Ghost Bird Series: #11 (The Academy) – June 20th 2017