When a fellow reader asked for a twisty-turny unputtdownable series possibly featuring an ex-military hero (“…one that’s exciting and full of plotline twists…“), this one came up, adamantly! AND!! This series is an absolute FAVORITE of a few of our fellow readers… even though it’s not considered “romance” one of my friends had fallen head over heels with the hero, and of course… there are always love stories along his journey.
Aislinn: What about Lee Child’s Jack reacher Series, He’s Ex-Military and I definiately can’t put down his books until I’ve finished it!
Maryse: Oooh I keep hearing about how awesome Jack Reacher is.
Betty: Definitely jack reacher
Aislinn: Absolutely Brilliant! Try is, you wont be dissapointed.. Well, only because you’ve finished the book! lol
Monica: Yes…. jack reacher for sure!!!!
Lori: Yes Maryse i loved the Jack Reacher books, one of my favorites before I switched to indie romance!!
Lily: have you read Jack Reacher by Lee Child? Not romance and not paranormal – but wow – I love Jack… He is a kick ass real life no special powers kind of hero.
Lily: He writes a series about Jack Reacher- a ex army mp major who left the service voluntarily in the 90’s and has wandered the country from coast to coast never staying in more than one town for more than a day or two. In the first novel (the only one I didn’t like) he is a small diner in Georgia for about 5 minutes when he is arrested for murder. Turns out the guy who was murdered was his older brother Joe, who should not have been there. This town is perfect. Like The Stepford Wives perfect. So pretty but something is wrong. He is trying to track down who killed his brother and blamed it on him. Jack always finds himself in the most outrageous moments of wrong place/wrong time. He has a code that says don’t mess with me and I don’t mess with you. I mess with you, you’re dead. Awesome as far as just thriller. The second one is my fave by far. … Die Trying because thats when I fell in love with Reacher and Tripwire because you meet Jody and there is a lot old history there and one scene in the kitchen that is like WOW!
Maryse: Sexy! Any romance in them?
Lily: Of course!
About book #1:
Ex-military policeman Jack Reacher is a drifter. He’s just passing through Margrave, Georgia, and in less than an hour, he’s arrested for murder. Not much of a welcome. All Reacher knows is that he didn’t kill anybody. At least not here. Not lately. But he doesn’t stand a chance of convincing anyone. Not in Margrave, Georgia. Not a chance in hell.
- Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, Book 1)
- Die Trying (Jack Reacher, Book 2)
- Tripwire (Jack Reacher, Book 3)
- Running Blind (Jack Reacher, Book 4)
- Echo Burning (Jack Reacher, Book 5)
- Without Fail (Jack Reacher, Book 6)
- Persuader (Jack Reacher, Book 7)
- The Enemy (Jack Reacher, Book 8)
- One Shot (Jack Reacher, Book 9)
- The Hard Way (Jack Reacher, Book 10)
- Bad Luck and Trouble (Jack Reacher, Book 11)
- Nothing to Lose (Jack Reacher, Book 12)
- Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, Book 13)
- 61 Hours (Jack Reacher, Book 14)
- Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher, Book 15)
- Second Son (Kindle Single) (Jack Reacher book 15.5)
- The Affair (with bonus short story Second Son) (Jack Reacher, Book 16)
- Deep Down: A Jack Reacher Story (Book # 16.5)
- A Wanted Man (with bonus short story Deep Down) (Jack Reacher, Book 17)
- High Heat: A Jack Reacher Novella (Kindle Single book 17.5)
- Never Go Back (with bonus novella High Heat) (Jack Reacher, Book 18)
- Not a Drill: A Jack Reacher Short Story (Kindle Single book # 18.5)
- Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel
- Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel
- Night School: A Jack Reacher Novel