PARANORMAL ROMANCE SERIES ALERT!! Author Rebecca Hefner is this week’s newsletter sponsor, she’s a huge fan of the BDB (like us 😀 !!! ), and she’s preparing for the release book #4 in this series (in just a month!!).
To celebrate (and get us caught up on the series) she’s sent over a five fun facts (I love it ’cause we get to see who the characters were inspired by, plus more cool tidbits), and she’s giving away an e-book of book #1 to one lucky commenter here.
P.S. The first two books in the series are available in KU!!! 😀 YAY US!!! Also, they are better enjoyed if they are read in order, so definitely start with ➔ The End of Hatred (Etherya’s Earth Book 1). That one up there to the left.
The author says:
The Etherya’s Earth series is best read in order, so that the reader can enjoy the evolution of the characters. After all, the author loves a good twist and wants the reader to uncover them organically. However, readers of romance rest assured that each book has its own featured hero/heroine and HEA.
5 Fun Facts About The Etherya’s Earth Series
- The author loves pop culture references so you’ll find quite a few throughout the novels. Be on the lookout for a Princess Bride or Buffy reference or a “that’s what she said” here and there!
- Miranda is a fan of heavy metal. See if you recognize all of the songs/bands she rocks out to throughout The End of Hatred.
- One of the Slayer or Vampyre compounds on Etherya’s Earth is named for the author (Rebecca is actually the author’s middle name!). Can you guess which one?
- Crimeous was loosely influenced by Darth Vader while Miranda has shades of Princess Leia. In true Star Wars fashion, the author loves a good twist. Might we find ourselves surprised by Darkrip, Crimeous’ son? Is there more to him than meets the eye?
- Arderin is a huge Bravo fan. She references several Bravo shows in The Darkness Within!
About book #1:
These are dangerous times on Etherya’s Earth…
Slayer Princess Miranda, heir to the throne, has hated the Vampyres for a thousand years. Since the Awakening, she’s fought to protect her people, choosing to be a warrior more than a royal. When a female Vampyre washes up on the shore of her compound’s riverbank, she seizes the moment to take the offensive.
Sathan, King of the Vampyres, distraught at his sister’s disappearance and captivity, agrees to travel with Miranda to resect the Blade of Pestilence, also hoping to change his people’s state of endless war. Although the woman hates him due to the constant raids on her compound for the Slayers’ life-giving blood, he can’t help but admire the stubborn and strong princess.
As their journey progresses, both begin to understand that they are aligned in their hatred of Crimeous, leader of the Deamons, as well as their hope for peace between the Slayers and Vampyres. Determined to fight their growing attraction, they forge a tentative truce. But old wounds run deep and trust is scarce. Their faith in each other must remain strong or all will be lost…
- The End of Hatred (Etherya’s Earth Book 1)
- The Elusive Sun (Etherya’s Earth Book 2)
- The Darkness Within (Etherya’s Earth Book 3)
- The Reluctant Savior (Etherya’s Earth Book 4) – releasing May 23rd 2019
Now for the giveaway!!
The author is giving away:
- An ebook copy of The End of Hatred (Etherya’s Earth Book 1)
How to enter for a chance to win it?
- Just leave a comment below,
- Follow the author’s Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18637390.Rebecca_Hefner
- Follow the author’s Amazon page
and by 10pm EST, Sunday May 12th 2019, I will randomly select one lucky commenter as the winner.
Also, while not necessary to enter, it would be awesome if you’d share this giveaway on Twitter or Instagram, or Facebook.
The winner will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond confirming their email address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. The ebook will be sent to the winner directly by the author.
Giveaway open to International!!!
About the author:
Rebecca Hefner grew up in Western NC and now calls the Hudson River of NYC home. In her youth she would sneak into her mother’s bedroom and raid the bookshelf, falling in love with the stories of Judith McNaught, Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts. Years later that love of a good romance, with lots of great characters and conflicts, has extended to her other favorite authors such as JR Ward and Lisa Kleypas.
Also a huge Game of Thrones and Star Wars fan, she loves an epic fantasy and a surprise twist (Luke, he IS your father). One day, over a decade ago, she began writing her own stories and recently mustered the courage to leave her corporate medical device sales job and become a full-time author.