Our Facebook friend (and fellow reader), Paige, has created us a “zombie apocalypse” list (in honor of more “The Walking Dead” that started last night). In the mood for more zombies in book format? Some even have romance!! Those are my favorite. 😀
I have an Apocalypse section on my Kindle …have MANY zombie recommendations! Maryse, please take over this list as you see fit. Hope this gives my fellow zombie fans a few options!!
Apocalyptic/Dystopian/Zombie Books (she hasn’t read ’em all but these are in her Kindle + I’ve just added a TON more that have been recommended by our fellow readers!! Starting with Danielle who says: “I love Zombie books! I know of a few others…”):
- Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End by Manel Loureiro <— a movie is in the works for this one
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Flowertown by S.G. Redling <— Paige noted “loved!” next to this one! Anima enjoyed it, too saying: “flowertown was really good – quite interesting story.”
- The Scourge (Kindle Serial) by Roberto Calas
- Apocalypsis: Book 1 (Kahayatle) by Elle Casey
- 2060: On The Run (A Future Noir Thriller) by Robert Culligan
- The Infection by Craig DiLouie
- The Killing Floor (a novel of The Infection) by Craig DiLouie
- Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days) by Susan Ee
- Lust After Death by Daisy Harris <— this one looks pretty steamy!
- Plaguesville, USA by Jim Lavigne
- Sundered (A Zombie-ish Apocalypse, Book 1) by Shannon Mayer
- Bound (A Zombie-ish Apocalypse, Book 2) by Shannon Mayer
- Dauntless (A Zombie-ish Apocalypse, Book 3) by Shannon Mayer
- Scattered (A Zombie-ish Apocalypse SHORT Story) by Shannon Mayer
- Inheritance by Joe McKinney
- The Remaining by D.J. Molles
- The Remaining: Aftermath by D.J. Molles
- The Remaining: Refugees by D.J. Molles
- After: The Shock by Scott Nicholson
- The Dead by Mark E. Rogers
- 2013: Beyond Armageddon by Robert Ryan
- The Gauntlet Assassin by L.J. Sellers
- Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 – 5) (Silo Saga) by Hugh Howey
- Apocalypse Babes: The Complete Series by Bella Street
- This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers <— suggested by Sarah!
- The Kill Order (Maze Runner Prequel) by James Dashner <— these were recommended by Alyssa: “Ok so there is an amazing series called the Maze Runner series. Young adult, but I loved it!!!”
- The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Series #1) (Maze Runner Trilogy) by James Dashner
- The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner Series #2) (Maze Runner Trilogy) by James Dashner
- The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) (Maze Runner Trilogy) by James Dashner
- Reign of Blood by Alexia Purdy <— Jenny recommends this “Zombie/Vampire Apocolypse”
- Disarming (Reign of Blood #2) by Alexia Purdy
- Feed (The Newsflesh Trilogy) by Mira Grant
- Deadline (The Newsflesh Trilogy) by Mira Grant
- Blackout (The Newsflesh Trilogy) by Mira Grant
- Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin)) by Jonathan Maberry
- Dust & Decay (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin)) by Jonathan Maberry
- Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin)) by Jonathan Maberry
- Taking on the Dead (The Famished Trilogy) by Annie Walls <– Jackie says “I really enjoyed Taking on the Dead by Annie Walls…”
- The Darkening (A Zombie Awakening) by Cynthia Melton
- Hollowland (The Hollows, #1) by Amanda Hocking
- Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) by Amanda Hocking
- Flesh by Kylie Scott
- Skin by Kylie Scott
- Chivalry is Undead (Just Another Zombie Love Story) by M.A. Rogers
- Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles) by Gena Showalter <— suggested by Chinyere
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan <— recommended by Nicole!
- Matched by Ally Conde <— Alyssa recommends this one, too! “since you have a dystopian section now: how about the Matched trilogy? Another young adult but so good.”
- Crossed (MATCHED) by Ally Conde
- Reached by Ally Condy
- Wither (Chemical Garden) by Lauren DeStefano <— Jenny recommends this dystopian trilogy!
- Fever (Chemical Garden) by Lauren DeStefano
- Sever (Chemical Garden) by Lauren DeStefano
- Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha <— super steamy dystopian that so many of us loved!! <— Tracy says: “This is dystopian and I really liked it: Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha. Great story and VERY steamy.”
- We Kill Dead Things (Zombie Exterminators, Book One) by Sommer Marsden <— Kasey says: “THANK YOU! I had asked for this kind of list (:
Should add “We kill dead things” by Sommer Marsden”
- The Soul Mate (The Holy Trinity) by Madeline Sheehan <— Kasey recommends these saying: “Love those books”. Julie agrees saying: “Don’t forget “The Holy Trinity” series by Madeline Sheehan! I LOVE those!!!! Can’t wait for the next one”
- My Soul To Take (The Holy Trinity) by Madeline Sheehan
- The Host: A Novel by Stephanie Meyer <— Paige also remembered this one (and I agree! OMG this is one of my own favorites!!)
- My Life as A White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland
- Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) by Jesse Petersen
- Flip this Zombie (Living with the Dead, Book 2) by Jesse Petersen
- Eat Slay Love (Living with the Dead, Book 3) by Jesse Petersen
- The First Days: As the World Dies by Rhiannon Frater <— Terri recommends these saying: “An excellent Zombie Apocalypse series I don’t see on here is the As The World Dies trilogy by Rhiannon Frater. They’re so good!”
- Fighting to Survive: As the World Dies, Book Two by Rhiannon Frater
- Siege: As the World Dies, Book Three by Rhiannon Frater
- Poison Princess (Arcana Chronicles) by Kresley Cole <— Nancy recommends this one: “it’s more of dystopian and there is zombie in it too & YA (it’s 4.5 starts for me)”
- Aftertime (Luna Books) by Sophie Littlefield <— Valerie loves these! She says “You must put the Aftertime trilogy by Sophie Littlefield on the list (5+ stars for me). They were one of my top reads for 2011!! You must read, you won’t be disappointed!”
- Rebirth (Aftertime Novels) by Sophie Littlefield
- Horizon (Aftertime Novels) by Sophie Littlefield
A big one you left off your list: Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (4.5 stars for me & it’s YA).
Don’t anyone throw eggs at me but I didn’t enjoy Warm Bodies. I listened to the audiobook and hearing a zombie’s soliloquy about brains made me queasy.
haha!! Zombies in general make me queasy. I’m still dying to read it, ’cause I’ve always wondered how they’d handle an actual “zombie” falling in love…
I’m going to add you recommendation right away! 🙂
I love Zombie books! I know of a few others…
The Forest of Hands and Teeth series by Carrie Ryan
My Life as a White Trash Zombie series by Diana Rowland
Married With Zombies (Living with the Dead series) by Jesse Petersen
Feed (Newsflesh series) by Mira Grant
Rot and Ruin (Benny Imura series) by Maberry Jonathan
Yay for Walking Dead being back on TV!
An excellent Zombie Apocalypse series I don’t see on here is the As The World Dies trilogy by Rhiannon Frater. They’re so good!
Don’t forget “The Holy Trinity” series by Madeline Sheehan! I LOVE those!!!! Can’t wait for the next one 🙂
Love this List !!!! This one is not a a zombie book, but more dystopian and very “steamy.” I really loved it. 🙂
Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha.
So I loved Flesh and Skin, I love that love finds away in hell. I would like to read more like them, do any of you know which one’s of the list above are closest to Flesh and Skin? Thanks =)
Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha is great. It is more dystopian and very steamy. I loved it. 🙂
Poision Princess by kresley cole.It’s more dystopian and YA(it’s 4.5 stars for me)
The Poision Princess by Kresley Cole. it’s more of dystopian and there is zombie in it too &YA(it’s 4.5 starts for me)
You must put the Aftertime trilogy by Sophie Littlefield on the list (5+ stars for me). They were one of my top reads for 2011!! You must read, you won’t be dissapointed!
I loved Flesh and Skin and if anyone knows any books close to these, please let me know. Hope the author continues this series and soon!!!
I’ve read the Maze Runner Trilogy, and the Matched books. Really enjoyed them!! Even better though were Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, and the Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver. (This one is about a society that sees love as a disease and everyone is “cured” of it as a teen!!) All YA dystopic with some great love interests too. In fact, Four from Divergent is one of my all time fave book boyfriends. 🙂
Awesome list! Ive been addicted to these apocoplytic stories lately, and you have so many that I’m going to be checking out! Thanks!!!
two more to add: the Reapers Are the the angels by Alden bell was really, really good. And I also really liked Allison Hewitt is trapped. i didn’t see those mentioned
Kristy totally agree with you about Divergent, love Four! Haven’t had a chance to read Insurgent yet as my daughter is still reading it, she recommended the series and I think it’s one of my favorite YA dystopian series.
Am I the only person who read and enjoyed Dearly Departed by Lia Habel?
a really good series is THE CONTAGIUM by Emily Goodwin it does have a little romance but not to bad…also ZOMBIE FALLOUT by Mark Tufo was great.
I can’t believe NO ONE has recommended (unless I somehow missed it..) “The Island Parts 1-5” an excellent apocalyptic series!
You need to add Dead Drunk: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse… One beer at a Time. Great book that is a must read.
GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie has a different twist and some romance…
Nice list. Do you list blogs at all or just books? And may I ask why World War Z is not on your list?
Thanks for the list, I’m a huge dystopian and zombie fan. I have some to add:
A New World series (there are now 9) by John O’Brien
The Starborn Saga trilogy by Jason D Morrow
Day by Day Armageddon series JL Bourne
Zombie Youth by H.E. Goodhue
Odium I & II and prequel by Claire Riley (she’s one of my faves now…highly recommended!)
I have several more, but need to dig them out of my memory!
Also really loved these:
The Grace Series by M. Lauryl Lewis
Plaque Town The Ashley Parker Series by Dana Fredsti
I love a strong female heroine!!
I’m new to this blogging thing, but I found your page and I love it. I’ve been working on a novel for the last 3+ years and I think you’d like it. The book is called “The Enraged” You can check out my blog @ https://theenraged.blogspot.com/
My story is… The Enraged pulls you into the thrilling journey of Shay Donovan, an average American house wife, who finds herself alone during an unthinkable outbreak. Separated from family & friends, she must lean on strangers to help her escape from LA in a desperate attempt to find her family. Hoards of infected humans, hunt down the remaining survivors as the dark cloud of death continues to consume those around her. Shay finds herself in a world of kill or be killed & she becomes a killer.
I’d love to hear back from you.
Cool post – love Zombie stories myself.
I have several on Kindle. Hope you don’t mind if I mention them.
A Zombie Christmas, A Zombie Thanksgiving, and A Zombie New Year.
I also have them in this collection:
A Zombie Holiday Trilogy
if anyone’s interested im writing a zombie novel, the first draft stuff is uploaded on my blog worldnowgone.blogspot.com
until the end of the world series by Sarah Lyons Flemming is the best! Great characters and not your typical cheesy zombie book! Its actually probably my favorite series even outside the apocalyptic genre