It’s Amy’s turn on the TBR-LIST hot seat! And she’s sweatin’ it!
(P.S. For those just tuning in, bev posted a fun “TBR LIST QUIZ” that we can answer, to help us decide what to read next, and to help us decipher why these books are still on our TBR lists, in the first place! )
Amy: Really, Bev? As if I didn’t have enough stress…*sigh* Oh well, you know I can’t resist your polls and “question lists” so I’ll be answering it. Y’all know I have over 2000 unread books, and obviously it’s hard to remember and list the many that could be answers to Bev’s questions…so I’ll just list the first ones that pop in my head…
1. Book(s) you can’t believe you haven’t read yet? The Dark Elements series by Jennifer Armentrout, especially with how much I absolutely LOVED her Covenant and Lux series and how much Tessa loved the DE series.
2. Book(s) that the cover grabs your attention? Any cover that stands out among the others in my Kindle library. Bright colors, abstract pictures, simple covers like Eight Hundred Grapes: A Novel (currently on my TBR ), covers that look like sketches (the original FCH cover) or are cartoonish (Badger!!!), covers that make my heart clench (yes, some have covers that make my heart do that), covers that are UNIQUE, basically anything that will make me stop when scrolling through my pretties.
3. Book(s) from buzz/review? Hmmm…usually the only reviews I read and take to heart are Maryse’s, and I have been thinking more and more about The Five Stages of Falling in Love and Every Wrong Reason (both of which she loved). I’m PMSing big time and stressed out to the point of constantly feeling on the verge of tears, so I think I need a good ugly-cry book to release those tears and I think those will do it for me!
4. Book(s) from book buddy book talk? Oh good lord…most of the books that are gushed about here.
5. Book(s) you are hesitant to read? Male-only POV. Because issues. *My* stupid issues.
6.) Book(s) in part because the author makes you feel you are in that locale? Well, the books aren’t out yet but the EIT spinoff books by Karina Halle because the EIT books were set in my neck of the woods. Oh! And most of Tarryn Fisher’s books have taken place in cities near me as well. By the way, how FUN would it be to go as a group to the spooky places in the EIT books, or at least the ones that really do exist like the leper island???
7. Book(s) you really hope is what you think it is going to be? The Bronze Horseman and the Outlander books.
8. Book(s) that randomly pop into your head and you think yes I need to read that? The Driven series and the “ghost” series that Maryse and so many of you have gushed about…is it Downside Ghosts?
9. If your weekend read had to come from this list what 1 or 3 would they be? The Dark Elements series…it’s rainy and gloomy right now, and for whatever reason I love PNR books when the weather is like this. Or maybe the Outlander series.
10.) Last one. Should Maryse put her tbr away and watch the first episode of Sherlock and blog it? Ummmm, I plead the fifth as Bev has been on me to watch it as well. So…no comment.
Get Free Email Updates from me :)