Leslie: “Audiobooks rule!!! I have no idea how I lived without them.
…At first, I couldn’t get into them. They couldn’t hold my interest, I’d fall asleep, tune them out etc. I kept trying them (lucky for me my library has good selection) and I FINALLY got used to it. Now I am obsessed with them! I use them like other people do music. While driving, cleaning, cooking, etc. You wouldn’t believe how much extra reading time you can squeeze into a day when you do audiobooks!! Best invention ever!!”
Leslie’s been with us for quite awhile but she’s JUST started sending us her “Favorites Lists”, and I’m thrilled we now have a second one. This one! Don’t forget to check out her first Favorites List that she sent us (and also get to know her, ’cause I’ve got tons of fun details about her) ➔ Reader Favorites – Leslie’s Favorite Low Angst Romance Books.
About her love of audiobooks:
“I simply adore audiobooks and rarely go a day without listening to one. They are such a great way to squeeze more reading time in AND keep me company during chores/driving.
Two of my stand by audios when I can’t figure out what to read are Twilight Series and Hunger Games series. These both have excellent narration and I’ve re-listened to them a gazillion times. However, it may seem a little weird at first if you are used to the movies. (since Kristen Stewart & Jennifer Lawrence are not narrators) But I promise you get used to “new” voice.”
- Twilight: The Twilight Saga, Book 1 by Stephenie Meyer
- New Moon: The Twilight Saga, Book 2 by Stephenie Meyer
- Eclipse: The Twilight Saga, Book 3 by Stephenie Meyer
- Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4 by Stephenie Meyer
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire: Hunger Games, Book 2 by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay: The Final Book of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
“I absolutely adore audiobooks but of course my enjoyment is contingent on the narrator voice. I find I get annoyed when male narrator tries to do female voice. It’s like nails on a chalkboard to me. Seems like most female narrators can get the male voice ok though. Weird! I do love it when male voice is sexy and good accent! *Swoon* Too bad I already read ebook of Dirty English. They really need to have Sam Heughan (actor who plays Jamie Fraser on Outlander) narrate books. He has sexiest voice/accent on the planet.”
“Audiobooks are ALL about the narration and these were all excellent!”
- Heat Wave by Karina Halle <— “Heat Wave by Karina Halle. Sort of forbidden-ey. She is crushing on her dead sisters hub. Who happens to be a hot Aussie. *swoon* Oh yeah, and story takes place in Hawaii!!!”
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy <— “Dumplin’ was not only a good audio, it was a good story. It was perfect YA for me. Not OTT annoying drama, but realistic situations and characters you can relate to no matter how old you are. My only complaint, I wanted more. I needed an epilogue. It would have been 5 star if it had one.”
- Listen to Me: A Fusion Novel by Kristen Proby <— “I actually just finished reading (well, listening to) Listen to Me and I’m reading Close to You: A Fusion Novel right now. The audios are great and I love the stories. “
- To Love Jason Thorn by Ella Maise <— “To Love Jason Thorn was a fave of mine, major swoon… I love it when it goes back to childhood. For ex: in To Love Jason Thorne the H grew up next door to h and was bffs with h’s bro. They flashed back to when h was 6 and met him and it was so freaking adorable.”
- Tapping the Billionaire: Bad Boy Billionaires Series, Book 1 by Max Monroe <— “ hilarious!!”
- It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover <— “I’m so glad I had the guts to read It Ends With Us. It is a “Marmy” at its finest! Def one of my faves for the year too. …how cool that despite how different we all are, most of us LOVED “It Ends With Us”? Such a phenomenal story.“
- Offside by Shay Savage <— “I really like it. It’s one of those “H starts off like a jerk and you hate him, but then he makes you fall for him” stories. It has actually made me tear up a few times too.”
- The Pact by Karina Halle <— “…a friends to lovers story I enjoyed.“
- The Offer by Karina Halle <— “I can also recommend The Offer by Karina Halle (hot Scottish H)”
- Roman: Cold Fury Hockey Series, Book 7 by Sawyer Bennett<— “I just finished Roman and loved it. However, narration might be a little weird for some…when h did H’s voice it was different accent from when H spoke. It was noticeable to me, but it didn’t take away from my enjoyment.”
“These also had great narration but story was a “like” rather than love”:
- Playboy Pilot by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland <— “…was cute, but just not as good as Cocky Bastard. *frowns with disappointment*”
- If You Stay: Beautifully Broken, Book 1 by Courtney Cole <— “This one def starts out with a bang! Yowsa!!”
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata <— “I didnt love this story as it was too slow burn for me, but narration was excellent“
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal!
AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!