<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! SATURDAY MAY 30th 2015 —> Happily Ever Never by Jennifer Foor <—- This one just went LIVE!! Early! HEA or no HEA? That title scares me. YIKES!!!
“I was about to marry the man of my dreams. We had it all; a life that most could only wish for. I felt like the luckiest woman in the world. Then, in the blink of an eye, it was taken from me.”
PLUS!!! LOOK WHAT’S GOING LIVE TOMORROW!!! Or maybe at midnight tonight? Whenever Amazon finally releases the pre-orders to us. Beautiful Sacrifice: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 3) by Jamie McGuire!! JUST ONE MORE SLEEP (or maybe NO MORE sleeps!!!!!!!) tee hee!! Who wants a Maddox twin? I DO!! ME PLEASE! ‘Cause once upon a time, back in 2011 (2011!!!!! *gasp!!*), I specifically asked if I could have one (it didn’t matter which, either would do). Behind the Books – Interview With Author Jamie McGuire (from back in 2011). LOL this one still makes me cackle with glee!
AND We’ve found GOODIES!!! Here’s the Friday list for all of us that need some “next read” choices! I don’t like book-deprivation. That’s just mean.
AND… You guys!! I’m reading something uber-creepy right now. Eeny Meeny (A Helen Grace Thriller Book 1) <— THIS one. I have THREE on my weekend TBR list (including this one) and I just couldn’t help myself… trying for a little adrenaline rush of the fear kind. It’ll be out in just a coupla days so this is the review copy I received, but going by reader enthusiasm, I think I’m in for a thrill ride. I’ll keep y’all up to date.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Scribe: Irin Chronicles Book One by Elizabeth Hunter <— Some in our reading crew LOVE this series! MichelleS is going crazy for it1 “I am LOVING IT. I’m an idiot. Have had it on my Kindle for 2 months and held off. Why do I do this? It’s a series I love and an author I love. If you like well written urban fantasy, this is your book series. Really smart. Ahhhhh…. some good writing for a change. Anyone else reading Irin Chronicles?” and Tessa agrees: ”I’m going to agree with MichelleS. Irin Chronicles was sooo good. I read them a year or two? Ish? Awhile ago and loved it. I can see what she means by WIR feel. Both are more fantasy romance than anything. That’s also why I’m liking Mark of Tala so much. Pure fantasy romance.” and MichelleS re-agrees! LOL!! “I loved Irin Chronicles, so at 99 cents, I’d say yes. I paid 5x that. Remember, this is E. Hunter – she wrote the Elemental Mysteries series… so it’s THAT level of writing.”
- My Coyote Ugly Life (My Life Series Book 1) by Jessica Spoon <—- HOT COPS & THE CHIEF HAS AN EYE ON HER ALERT! Oh this one looks like fun! “When circumstances take her back home, she learns things have changed… A lot… First and foremost being with the complete and astonishing overhaul and revamp of the Belton Police Department, where apparently the application was changed to state ‘Ugly Men Need Not Apply’ and the only requirement is ‘How Well Do You Look In This Uniform?’” …
- You and I Alone by Melissa Toppen <— STRIPPER ALERT! This entire sexy series is on SUPER-SALE this weekend!! Both of ‘em at a rock bottom price… ’cause #3 will be coming out in just a few days! (I posted it below). “But when she accepts a job as a dancer at one of the most secretive and exclusive clubs in the country, operating under the name Logan, she meets the one man who makes her question everything she thought she knew.“
- You and I Together by Melissa Toppen <— This is #2, and Julie says: “ The You and I series by Melissa Toppen is very good also, but have to wait for last book of trilogy to come out in June. If I had known that would have probably waited for all three at once.” Well… YAY ’cause it’s coming out in just a few days.
- Black Rainbow by J.J. McCoy <— STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!! They had a fling… then she discovers he’s her teacher. *gasp* *waggles eyebrows* “After an erotic one-week fling with a musician she meets in a bar, Thea Cunning never expects to see Levi Black again. Then Monday morning comes around, and she discovers that her former lover is not only her professor, but he’s also one of the top criminal lawyers in the state of Massachusetts…“
- Incite: Adam (Sphere of Irony Book 1) by Heather C. Leigh <— ROCK STAR BOOK ALERT! This one is at a rock-bottom price, too! Main two characters in this one started and bonded as teens over horrible circumstances… and now they are apart and he’s famous.
- Sneak Attack (Tapped Out Book 2) by Cari Quinn <— JUST RELEASED!!!! MMA FIGHTERS!!!
- Shotgun (Coda) by Marie Sexton <— JUST RELEASED M/M ROMANCE!!
- Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews <— JUST RELEASED M/M ROMANCE!!! Fabi found it for us saying: “Don’t forget Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews came out yesterday. And guys, its really good. An MM erotic romance in the middle of a Zombie apocalypse. Throw in shifters and an evil scientist and..well, it works. It really does. The characters are awesome.“
- Meant For Me (The Rock Gods Book 5) by Ann Lister <— JUST RELEASED M/M ROMANCE!! And Nicole recommends this one!! “Thanks Fabi I saw that came out but i was hesitant just seems like there is too much going on. I love her writing, but I was going to wait on a few reviews first. I bought Haunted Love when I first saw it a while back but it still sits on my kindle waiting…I just finished Meant for Me by Ann Lister which came out this week and it was absoltuely AWESOME!“
- Coming Soon by <— JUST RELEASED!! SHE NEEDS MONEY SO SHE AUDITIONS FOR AN “ADULT” MOVIE BUT.. so she escapes her abusive uncle, has had one best friend (Jace) that she’s been able to trust… and “Desperate for money, she auditions for a role in an adult film and soon discovers Jase is a leading porn producer…and her new employer. The starring role of Dagger Production’s upcoming release is hers, but how can she pretend to be a sexy vixen when all she wants is the best friend who doesn’t realize his new star is a virgin?“
- 21 Stolen Kisses by Lauren Blakely <— YAY NEXT ON MY TBR LIST ALERT!!!!!! This is one at the top of my latest TBR list and I wanna read it and now feedback is coming and Dawn loved it!! “Just finished 21 Kisses in one sitting! I thought it was great and ended just the way I had hoped!!” and Anne agrees: “So I finished 21 Stolen Kisses and loved it! The writing and story are so beautiful and poetic. Its a very romantic read.“
- Revue by K.M. Holland <— JUST RELEASED!!! OMG!!! SHE HAS TO TOUR WITH A MALE “REVUE” GROUP. *waggles eyebrows* “When freelance photographer, Corinne Lee, is required to visually document the nationwide tour of Wild Nights Male Revue, she finds herself in a world of near-naked, testosterone-fuelled men on stage—not her photographic muses of choice. She also finds herself in the arms of Josh, the revue’s star performer…” SUPER-BARGAIN priced too!
- The Road Back to Us by K Webster <— MARRIAGE TROUBLES ALERT!! <— “…Bentley isn’t ready to tell his family about the divorce, so he asks Caroline to spend one more Christmas at his mom’s under the ruse they are still happily married…”
- WRECK (DirtSlap Series Book 2) by Ashlynn Pearce <— recent release BIG BAD COUNTRY SINGER? NASHVILLE SINGER ALERT! “Ethan Tackett is a nightmare. Big as life and in your face, he makes no apologies for who he is…an orphan who grew up fighting for survival. He ends up in Nashville, the lead singer of DirtSlap—a band of misfits much like himself…“
- Leaving Me Behind by Sigal Ehrlich <— RECENT RELEASE & SHE’S STARTING OVER ALERT!! “As Liv finally begins to enjoy her new life and experience the varied goods the exotic country has to offer, a sudden major turn leads Liv to be swept into the most tantalizing roller coaster of her life. A turn that leaves her questioning everything she thought was right.”
- Home is Where You Are by Tessa Marie <— ON THE STREETS ALERT!! Bev and Jean brought this one back to my attention and it’s super-bargain priced!! “After being subjected to his foster father’s violent attacks, Dean made the hard choice to leave. Now he lives on the streets doing everything he can to get by, refusing to let people help him. But when he meets Anna, he realizes not everyone is out to hurt him…“
- This Is Falling (The Falling Series, Book 1) by Ginger Scott <— GAH!! I LOVED this authors her book “Wild Reckless” (<— my review) so I’m very intrigued by this one that I just happened upon… she’s starting college after physical trauma and tragedy… “An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t.“
- Because of Him by Jessica Roe <— RUH ROH IS IT SCANDALOUS ALERT!??? “Too bad he’s forbidden. Because when Blair’s mom dies and she’s sent to live with the father she’s never met and a family that doesn’t want her, Blair and Silver cross paths in ways they never could have imagined, and they discover that even though they know they should, they can’t quite bring themselves to stay apart.“
- Haunted Love by Jessica Frances <— OMG THE GHOST THAT FALLS IN LOVE!!! YESSSS. I remember reading this blurb and going nuts for it… did anyone read it? I gotta know. Maybe THIS will be the next? I LOVE the sound of this. Kim??!! Was it good? I know you’re into the humans and ghosts falling in love, right now… “I wanted to say a proper goodbye. I needed justice for what happened to me. But even in death, things rarely go to plan. I never expected to meet him. I didn’t anticipate falling in love. I hadn’t considered the repercussions of coming back. I never realized I would put another person in danger. I didn’t know my actions were going to haunt us forever.“
- Worth the Trip (A Fisher’s Light Companion Novella) by Tara Sivec <— Jean LOVED it! “I cried like a baby! It was soooo good!!” and then… “Still thinking about Worth the Trip today! Seriously, if any of you read Fisher’s Light, I hope you read this…… It was fantastic!!!!”
- While We Waited (The Reed Brothers Series Book 8) by Tammy Falkner <— Jean loved this one too! “I read While We Waited in one sitting yesterday. Love this series so much!!!”
- Today & Tomorrow (The Night Horde SoCal) by Susan Fanetti <— MUCH LOVED BIKER SERIES ALERT!!! “I Love Love Love this series. My book girls and I call the the Fanetti hangover. And you will be in Funky Town lol. I always go in a little scared because you don’t know what she’ll but her characters through. All her stuff is AWESOME“
- Ripple: A Novel by L.D. Cedergreen <— Remember Gravity??? So many went nuts for it. Well look!! The same author wrote THIS one, and the reviews look great. “She has buried herself in years of undergrad, medical school, and now her residency–hoping to leave behind what she is unable to face…“
- Gravity: A Novel by L.D. Cedergreen <— And HERE is the tearjerker! I’m bringing it back, ’cause this one was on the top of my TBR list once and I forgot. I need my book-Dom back. Just sayin. “Just when Gemma feels that she has found her second chance at happiness, she is faced with a shocking truth as her reality spirals out of control. She can’t deny the powerful force that brought Andrew back into her life anymore than she can defy the same force that now threatens to pull them apart.“
- Absolution by Amanda Dick <— SOUNDS SO ANGSTY ALERT! This one is over 500 pages, and tons of great reviews! He’s suffering with guilt over an accident with his fiancee and went into seclusion… abandoning her…. “Ally Connor’s life was split in two – before the car accident that shattered her spine, and after Jack’s sudden disappearance. Abandoning her when she needed him most, she fought hard to make it back from the brink. The face she shows to the world is strong and courageous, but behind the mask, the pain is burrowing deeper. But fate had more in store for these two broken souls than either could have imagined.“
- Razorblade Kisses by R.L. Griffin <— DARK AND GRITTY AUTHOR’S WARNING IS WHAT GOT ME ALERT!! I’m not sure about this blurb… sounds up my alley but it didn’t “get me” as much as THIS did: “…take a breath before you start this one. It’s gritty and not pretty. Nothing is pretty here. Whiskey is a good thing.” And what got me even more? ALL of the AWESOME reviews. So… yeah. Maybe this!! and Donna recommends it for my 2015 READING CHALLENGE list! “Can I suggest Razorblade Kisses, it can be for a book that made you cry or an author you haven’t read before. The author is RL Griffin, the book was released on 8th Jan and is a fantastic read x”
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Beautiful Sacrifice: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 3) by Jamie McGuire!!! JUST TWO MORE SLEEPS!!! It’s going live on Sunday.
- Eeny Meeny (A Helen Grace Thriller Book 1) by M. J. Arlidge <— CREEPY PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! coming out on June 2nd (in just a few days) and it’s the one I’m reading right now… “Two people are abducted, imprisoned, and left with a gun. As hunger and thirst set in, only one walks away alive.”
- Asking for It by Lilah Pace <— SHE HAS CERTAIN DARK FANTASIES ALERT!!! JUNE 2nd 3015 bev is excited about this one seeing early reviews and people appear to be loving it!! “Another positive rec for Asking for It. Nice. Pre ordered and more than I’d usually pay for new to me author. Well I think New to me as apparently they’re using a pseudonym and already have books out.” and Tessa says: “…that blurb… eep goodness.” <— LOL!! AGREED.
- Amber to Ashes: Part One in the Torn Hearts Series (The Torn Heart Series) by Gail McHugh <— June 9th 2015
- You and I Forever by Melissa Toppen <— book #3 coming out on June 9th 2015!
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon <— June 15th 2015
- Begging for It <— September 1st 2015 (here’s #2)