<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! SATURDAY MAY 30th 2015 —> Happily Ever Never by Jennifer Foor <—- This one just went LIVE!! Early! HEA or no HEA? That title scares me. YIKES!!!
“I was about to marry the man of my dreams. We had it all; a life that most could only wish for. I felt like the luckiest woman in the world. Then, in the blink of an eye, it was taken from me.”
PLUS!!! LOOK WHAT’S GOING LIVE TOMORROW!!! Or maybe at midnight tonight? Whenever Amazon finally releases the pre-orders to us. 😉 Beautiful Sacrifice: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 3) by Jamie McGuire!! JUST ONE MORE SLEEP (or maybe NO MORE sleeps!!!!!!!) tee hee!! Who wants a Maddox twin? I DO!! ME PLEASE! 😛 ‘Cause once upon a time, back in 2011 (2011!!!!! *gasp!!*), I specifically asked if I could have one (it didn’t matter which, either would do). 😉 Behind the Books – Interview With Author Jamie McGuire (from back in 2011). LOL this one still makes me cackle with glee!
AND We’ve found GOODIES!!! Here’s the Friday list for all of us that need some “next read” choices! I don’t like book-deprivation. That’s just mean. 😉
AND… You guys!! I’m reading something uber-creepy right now. Eeny Meeny (A Helen Grace Thriller Book 1) <— THIS one. I have THREE on my weekend TBR list (including this one) and I just couldn’t help myself… trying for a little adrenaline rush of the fear kind. It’ll be out in just a coupla days so this is the review copy I received, but going by reader enthusiasm, I think I’m in for a thrill ride. I’ll keep y’all up to date.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Scribe: Irin Chronicles Book One by Elizabeth Hunter <— Some in our reading crew LOVE this series! MichelleS is going crazy for it1 “I am LOVING IT. I’m an idiot. Have had it on my Kindle for 2 months and held off. Why do I do this? It’s a series I love and an author I love. If you like well written urban fantasy, this is your book series. Really smart. Ahhhhh…. some good writing for a change. Anyone else reading Irin Chronicles?” and Tessa agrees: “I’m going to agree with MichelleS. Irin Chronicles was sooo good. I read them a year or two? Ish? Awhile ago and loved it. I can see what she means by WIR feel. Both are more fantasy romance than anything. That’s also why I’m liking Mark of Tala so much. Pure fantasy romance.” and MichelleS re-agrees! LOL!! “I loved Irin Chronicles, so at 99 cents, I’d say yes. I paid 5x that. Remember, this is E. Hunter – she wrote the Elemental Mysteries series… so it’s THAT level of writing.”
- My Coyote Ugly Life (My Life Series Book 1) by Jessica Spoon <—- HOT COPS & THE CHIEF HAS AN EYE ON HER ALERT! Oh this one looks like fun! “When circumstances take her back home, she learns things have changed… A lot… First and foremost being with the complete and astonishing overhaul and revamp of the Belton Police Department, where apparently the application was changed to state ‘Ugly Men Need Not Apply’ and the only requirement is ‘How Well Do You Look In This Uniform?’” …
- You and I Alone by Melissa Toppen <— STRIPPER ALERT! This entire sexy series is on SUPER-SALE this weekend!! Both of ’em at a rock bottom price… ’cause #3 will be coming out in just a few days! (I posted it below). “But when she accepts a job as a dancer at one of the most secretive and exclusive clubs in the country, operating under the name Logan, she meets the one man who makes her question everything she thought she knew.“
- You and I Together by Melissa Toppen <— This is #2, and Julie says: ” The You and I series by Melissa Toppen is very good also, but have to wait for last book of trilogy to come out in June. If I had known that would have probably waited for all three at once.” Well… YAY ’cause it’s coming out in just a few days. 😀
- Black Rainbow by J.J. McCoy <— STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!! They had a fling… then she discovers he’s her teacher. *gasp* *waggles eyebrows* “After an erotic one-week fling with a musician she meets in a bar, Thea Cunning never expects to see Levi Black again. Then Monday morning comes around, and she discovers that her former lover is not only her professor, but he’s also one of the top criminal lawyers in the state of Massachusetts…“
- Incite: Adam (Sphere of Irony Book 1) by Heather C. Leigh <— ROCK STAR BOOK ALERT! This one is at a rock-bottom price, too! Main two characters in this one started and bonded as teens over horrible circumstances… and now they are apart and he’s famous.
- Sneak Attack (Tapped Out Book 2) by Cari Quinn <— JUST RELEASED!!!! MMA FIGHTERS!!!
- Shotgun (Coda) by Marie Sexton <— JUST RELEASED M/M ROMANCE!!
- Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews <— JUST RELEASED M/M ROMANCE!!! Fabi found it for us saying: “Don’t forget Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews came out yesterday. And guys, its really good. An MM erotic romance in the middle of a Zombie apocalypse. Throw in shifters and an evil scientist and..well, it works. It really does. The characters are awesome.“
- Meant For Me (The Rock Gods Book 5) by Ann Lister <— JUST RELEASED M/M ROMANCE!! And Nicole recommends this one!! “Thanks Fabi I saw that came out but i was hesitant just seems like there is too much going on. I love her writing, but I was going to wait on a few reviews first. I bought Haunted Love when I first saw it a while back but it still sits on my kindle waiting…I just finished Meant for Me by Ann Lister which came out this week and it was absoltuely AWESOME!“
- Coming Soon by <— JUST RELEASED!! SHE NEEDS MONEY SO SHE AUDITIONS FOR AN “ADULT” MOVIE BUT.. so she escapes her abusive uncle, has had one best friend (Jace) that she’s been able to trust… and “Desperate for money, she auditions for a role in an adult film and soon discovers Jase is a leading porn producer…and her new employer. The starring role of Dagger Production’s upcoming release is hers, but how can she pretend to be a sexy vixen when all she wants is the best friend who doesn’t realize his new star is a virgin?“
- 21 Stolen Kisses by Lauren Blakely <— YAY NEXT ON MY TBR LIST ALERT!!!!!! This is one at the top of my latest TBR list and I wanna read it and now feedback is coming and Dawn loved it!! “Just finished 21 Kisses in one sitting! I thought it was great and ended just the way I had hoped!!” and Anne agrees: “So I finished 21 Stolen Kisses and loved it! The writing and story are so beautiful and poetic. Its a very romantic read.“
- Revue by K.M. Holland <— JUST RELEASED!!! OMG!!! SHE HAS TO TOUR WITH A MALE “REVUE” GROUP. *waggles eyebrows* “When freelance photographer, Corinne Lee, is required to visually document the nationwide tour of Wild Nights Male Revue, she finds herself in a world of near-naked, testosterone-fuelled men on stage—not her photographic muses of choice. She also finds herself in the arms of Josh, the revue’s star performer…” SUPER-BARGAIN priced too!
- The Road Back to Us by K Webster <— MARRIAGE TROUBLES ALERT!! <— “…Bentley isn’t ready to tell his family about the divorce, so he asks Caroline to spend one more Christmas at his mom’s under the ruse they are still happily married…”
- WRECK (DirtSlap Series Book 2) by Ashlynn Pearce <— recent release BIG BAD COUNTRY SINGER? NASHVILLE SINGER ALERT! “Ethan Tackett is a nightmare. Big as life and in your face, he makes no apologies for who he is…an orphan who grew up fighting for survival. He ends up in Nashville, the lead singer of DirtSlap—a band of misfits much like himself…“
- Leaving Me Behind by Sigal Ehrlich <— RECENT RELEASE & SHE’S STARTING OVER ALERT!! “As Liv finally begins to enjoy her new life and experience the varied goods the exotic country has to offer, a sudden major turn leads Liv to be swept into the most tantalizing roller coaster of her life. A turn that leaves her questioning everything she thought was right.”
- Home is Where You Are by Tessa Marie <— ON THE STREETS ALERT!! Bev and Jean brought this one back to my attention and it’s super-bargain priced!! “After being subjected to his foster father’s violent attacks, Dean made the hard choice to leave. Now he lives on the streets doing everything he can to get by, refusing to let people help him. But when he meets Anna, he realizes not everyone is out to hurt him…“
- This Is Falling (The Falling Series, Book 1) by Ginger Scott <— GAH!! I LOVED this authors her book “Wild Reckless” (<— my review) so I’m very intrigued by this one that I just happened upon… she’s starting college after physical trauma and tragedy… “An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t.“
- Because of Him by Jessica Roe <— RUH ROH IS IT SCANDALOUS ALERT!??? “Too bad he’s forbidden. Because when Blair’s mom dies and she’s sent to live with the father she’s never met and a family that doesn’t want her, Blair and Silver cross paths in ways they never could have imagined, and they discover that even though they know they should, they can’t quite bring themselves to stay apart.“
- Haunted Love by Jessica Frances <— OMG THE GHOST THAT FALLS IN LOVE!!! YESSSS. I remember reading this blurb and going nuts for it… did anyone read it? I gotta know. Maybe THIS will be the next? I LOVE the sound of this. Kim??!! Was it good? I know you’re into the humans and ghosts falling in love, right now… “I wanted to say a proper goodbye. I needed justice for what happened to me. But even in death, things rarely go to plan. I never expected to meet him. I didn’t anticipate falling in love. I hadn’t considered the repercussions of coming back. I never realized I would put another person in danger. I didn’t know my actions were going to haunt us forever.“
- Worth the Trip (A Fisher’s Light Companion Novella) by Tara Sivec <— Jean LOVED it! “I cried like a baby! It was soooo good!!” and then… “Still thinking about Worth the Trip today! Seriously, if any of you read Fisher’s Light, I hope you read this…… It was fantastic!!!!”
- While We Waited (The Reed Brothers Series Book 8) by Tammy Falkner <— Jean loved this one too! “I read While We Waited in one sitting yesterday. Love this series so much!!!”
- Today & Tomorrow (The Night Horde SoCal) by Susan Fanetti <— MUCH LOVED BIKER SERIES ALERT!!! “I Love Love Love this series. My book girls and I call the the Fanetti hangover. And you will be in Funky Town lol. I always go in a little scared because you don’t know what she’ll but her characters through. All her stuff is AWESOME“
- Ripple: A Novel by L.D. Cedergreen <— Remember Gravity??? So many went nuts for it. Well look!! The same author wrote THIS one, and the reviews look great. “She has buried herself in years of undergrad, medical school, and now her residency–hoping to leave behind what she is unable to face…“
- Gravity: A Novel by L.D. Cedergreen <— And HERE is the tearjerker! I’m bringing it back, ’cause this one was on the top of my TBR list once and I forgot. I need my book-Dom back. Just sayin. 😛 “Just when Gemma feels that she has found her second chance at happiness, she is faced with a shocking truth as her reality spirals out of control. She can’t deny the powerful force that brought Andrew back into her life anymore than she can defy the same force that now threatens to pull them apart.“
- Absolution by Amanda Dick <— SOUNDS SO ANGSTY ALERT! This one is over 500 pages, and tons of great reviews! He’s suffering with guilt over an accident with his fiancee and went into seclusion… abandoning her…. “Ally Connor’s life was split in two – before the car accident that shattered her spine, and after Jack’s sudden disappearance. Abandoning her when she needed him most, she fought hard to make it back from the brink. The face she shows to the world is strong and courageous, but behind the mask, the pain is burrowing deeper. But fate had more in store for these two broken souls than either could have imagined.“
- Razorblade Kisses by R.L. Griffin <— DARK AND GRITTY AUTHOR’S WARNING IS WHAT GOT ME ALERT!! I’m not sure about this blurb… sounds up my alley but it didn’t “get me” as much as THIS did: “…take a breath before you start this one. It’s gritty and not pretty. Nothing is pretty here. Whiskey is a good thing.” And what got me even more? ALL of the AWESOME reviews. So… yeah. Maybe this!! and Donna recommends it for my 2015 READING CHALLENGE list! “Can I suggest Razorblade Kisses, it can be for a book that made you cry or an author you haven’t read before. The author is RL Griffin, the book was released on 8th Jan and is a fantastic read x”
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Beautiful Sacrifice: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 3) by Jamie McGuire!!! JUST TWO MORE SLEEPS!!! It’s going live on Sunday. 😀
- Eeny Meeny (A Helen Grace Thriller Book 1) by M. J. Arlidge <— CREEPY PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! coming out on June 2nd (in just a few days) and it’s the one I’m reading right now… “Two people are abducted, imprisoned, and left with a gun. As hunger and thirst set in, only one walks away alive.”
- Asking for It by Lilah Pace <— SHE HAS CERTAIN DARK FANTASIES ALERT!!! JUNE 2nd 3015 bev is excited about this one seeing early reviews and people appear to be loving it!! “Another positive rec for Asking for It. Nice. Pre ordered and more than I’d usually pay for new to me author. Well I think New to me as apparently they’re using a pseudonym and already have books out.” and Tessa says: “…that blurb… eep goodness.” <— LOL!! AGREED.
- Amber to Ashes: Part One in the Torn Hearts Series (The Torn Heart Series) by Gail McHugh <— June 9th 2015
- You and I Forever by Melissa Toppen <— book #3 coming out on June 9th 2015!
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon <— June 15th 2015
- Begging for It <— September 1st 2015 (here’s #2)
Don’t forget Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews came out yesterday. And guys, its really good. An MM erotic romance in the middle of a Zombie apocalypse. Throw in shifters and an evil scientist and..well, it works. It really does. The characters are awesome.
Thanks Fabi I saw that came out but i was hesitant just seems like there is too much going on. I love her writing, but I was going to wait on a few reviews first. I bought Haunted Love when I first saw it a while back but it still sits on my kindle waiting…I just finished Meant for Me by Ann Lister which came out this week and it was absoltuely AWESOME! So maybe I will mix it up and read haunted love next! 🙂
Okay Fabi I’m adding it now!! 😀
I’m not sure why that book has grabbed my attention so hard. I do not like the title and not my usual subject. *shrug* Maybe just the shake up of something new.
The beginning of a mystery series? Will be curious as to what you think. Also, about your other two books on the tbr, lol. Nosey like that.
If anyone has not seen it yet a great mystery series to watch is the BBC Sherlock. With Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman. Such great writing. Fun, funny, twisty and sometimes creepy. Only three eps per season so not a big time investment.
Ok, I know. I’m. A. Broken. Record. But just checked out Landline by Rainbow Rowell. So, yes, Eleanor & Park. Just think it would be a great summer read if you have not read it yet. Quick book but packs a lot. Only 4.99 so borderline deal.;-)
Asking For It is going to be a crazy one, and I’m glad there is going to be some buddy reading to go along with it. I do have to say though that Bev shocked me with that rec…our sweet, introverted Bev has a dark side to her. *giggle*
I love Friday reminders! I had forgotten about one-clicking Razorblade Kisses, Ripple and Gravity, and now I’m antsy-pants for them all over again! 😀
I added your recommendation too, Nicole!! 😀 Thank you!!!
Haha Amy! I was thinking the same thing about our “innocent” bev!!! Yay buddy read!!!
I got The Scribe, Black Rainbow and Shotgun. But I don’t know how quickly I’ll get to them. I seem to be in beta read heaven right now. In the past I’ve read a couple that were pretty awful. But the last couple I’ve gotten are five star reads and I still have two more lined up.
I’m taking a break from LoA3. I couldn’t keep reading after chapter 55. I know more bad stuff is coming and well … That was really horrible.
Thanks Maryse! I decided to read Clear by Jessica Park. I am in the mood for something different and I think this might be it. Wish me luck Chapter 1 and I can already tell I am not going to sleep until I understand what the heck is going on. 🙂
Whoot! I’ve always wanted to be shocking, lol.
The one who shocked me was Jean. Jean just seems so kind and easy going. Plus the only Jean I “know” is the character on As Time Goes By, who is described by another as a “tender hearted woman.” So, imagine my shock when she is reading the Anna books & is a Wickham! :O
Hmmm, I never got the impression that Jean was shy.
Lol you guys! I am totally shy when first meeting someone. But then I get comfortable and can be a sarcastic wiseass!! Lol!
Yah Jean is so sweet and so fun and friendly… and then she tells us about Anna. Eeeeeeep!!!!
Nicole, let me know what you think of it. I haven’t read it yet but I LOVE Jessica Park.
Anyone who has Kindle Unlimited and like Rockstars, Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning was added and that book is insanely sexy good.
Read Fit by Rebekah Weatherspoon. (takes about an hour to read) Cute. Sweet. No real character development or feeling that they are real, but light and cute.
Okay… So I just starting reading Kismet, I know this book has been out awhile, I’ve had it in by Amazon Wish List, and it was free last week, so I finally got it!! I’m 18% in and I’m heartbroken already, and I know there are more tears to come… Anybody else read this??
Tessa, from Pride and Prejudice. Nobody ever was an Elizabeth.
For those of you who loved Tymber Dalton’s “The Reluctant Dom”, she has a box set of Love Slave for Two Collection for $.99. One clicked!
Question because I just saw discussion on it. Are you the heroine when you read? I had to think about this but I don’t really put myself in the story in that way. I feel with them for sure. I like it if I can feel their happiness, giddy, sadness, etc. But I think I feel it as the reader not the character. I definitely feel second hand embarrassment. That’s as bad as being scared, lol. I have to look away. And in my head the heroines do not ever look like me.
I’ve been lost in The Original Sinners land! I put off reading them because they are a little pricey but holy cow this story is something else. I’m reading the Mistress right now. I feel so behind on all of the new releases.
I read Clear and liked it! Very different than the other Jessica Park books I’ve read and not what I was expecting but still good.
Bev, I guess sometimes I can put myself in the heroine’s shoes but yeah, I never think they look like me!!!!
Joy, I downloaded Kismet last week too but haven’t read it yet.
So many great books! I added to my TBR list: Coming Soon, Because of Him, Revue and Schooled by Piper Lawson.
Yeah Bev and was I the only Darcy still? I’m not like Darcy…no way! It’s because I picked the laughing sexy Colin right…oh and the cat with the monocle I know it!
Joy, I’ve been wanting to read Kismet for a long time and keep putting it off for something else. Let us know how it turns out.
Bev, yeah, I have empathy for them, and it’s almost like being there with them, but I’ve never felt like the character myself.
I can’t ever recall feeling I was the character I was reading. I’m always on the outside looking in, either empathising or sympathising.
“An MM erotic romance in the middle of a Zombie apocalypse. Throw in shifters and an evil scientist and..well, it works. It really does.” – OMG! That sounds crazy – but that’s what I love – so adding that one!!!
Nope. I’m never the heroine. Just watching it all happen. But it’s the SAME GUY for me often. If I ever meet a guy that looks like that, I’ll faint. because he has starred as all the best roles!!! LOL.
I loved No Limit By L.P. Dover. It’s about an undercover cop who goes to Vegas to help with a case. Instead of being able to work alone, he’s forced to work with an FBI Agent who is a woman. The banter and dialogue between the two of them was great. It’s an awesome romantic suspense!
MichelleS, you can’t leave us hanging. Whose the guy or what does he look like?
We’ll find him for you.;-)
Bev – You don’t have the same guy? I do a lot. He’s….. hmmm….. kind of like the guy on K. Halle’s Love in English!!! See why I’d faint? In my defense, sometimes the author doesn’t describe the guy right away, so I need my “go to” guy. And, many times, authors describe the same type over and over…. tall, dark, handsome, slightly crooked nose, you know the drill.
Tessa, for at least another month or two I want to keep my scribd subscription, we will see from there. But think I m ay mention if I’m reading a book from there like you do with KU.
Oooooh! Kismet is another one that I forgot about! Joy, you said heartbroken and tears…magic words for me! 😀
I’m never the character I’m reading about, I just feel all of their emotions right along with them…THAT is how I know I’ve connected with a character.
MichelleS…I do the same thing! It’s the same couple of guys over and over when I read, one for dark-haired H’s and one for light-haired H’s. Throw in a ginger H and I freak out ’cause I have NO idea what he should look like. *shakes head*
Amy – there’s only a few gingers, and Jamie Frasier is one of them – and he is my same guy but with red hair and bigger! LOL. I have the most trouble with the young guys, like the Travis Maddox types – not exactly super “man-ish”…. you know? Now my blondes…. woo-ee-mama….. they are hot. And I don’t even like blondes in real life. So weird.
I’m never “physically” the heroine when I read… I always see another female… but if the book hooks me heart and soul, I “become” her. I feel her feelings, I automatically imagine myself in the situation… even dream of it at night.
So while it’s never my face, or “me” … it IS me, in feeling and in love. And in heartache.
And here’s another weird thing…. that guy…. the SAME GUY… well, he has the same voice all the time. really deep, rumbly, resonant – like he got over a cold a few days ago… you know? I’m such a total Romance Novel dork!
“And in heartache” *sigh* I love when a book makes my heart ache. Now who’s the dork? 😉
Oh! James Cavendish from Up In the Air series had some red in his hair I think, like reddish brown. And what’s-his-name from EIT was a ginger but he was a secondary character, and those are always changing looks-wise for me. Wow, it sounds kinda odd when I actually explain it!
Don’t get me started on H’s with tats…mmmmmm yummy…
It’s never the same. I see, usually, who is described. I say usually because sometimes my brain insist on seeing the H or h one way, usually hair or size, and then I’m jolted when they describe something different.
I love a good description. I know some do not. Especially if they have something that sets them apart. Like Derek Craven’s snaggle tooth smile. Or I can totally in my head see the way Tate stands behind the bar in his Henley, lol.
In another .LK the hero loves the heroines freckles and described in a way I can see them.
Maryse, I love it when I dream about a book.
Amy, I feel like I’m adding to the objectification of men, but…….
Helllllloooooo Michael Fassbender. 😛
Objectification of men? Us doing that? Never. *snort*
P.S. I always always see Z or Travis, for all heroes. LOL! and both of them could be brothers or even twins in looks… (Per their description for me)
I’m with Bev. I never picture the same H twice. And sometimes the author’s description does jarr me somewhat.
But here is Adam from Kick at the Darkness. It’s not my original comparison, its someone else’s. But it is spot on.
Here was my Travis back in 2011, and I still agree with myself. LOL!
And Z looks very much like that in my head, too.
Oh Amy, I always feel guilty about objectifying men the way we do here. Just a small little nagging conscious voice sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear how bad we are.
Good Travis and/or Z
And this oh definitely this
Really? That’s Travis? I can’t say I have a firm picture of him in my head but I never imagined him like that. Yummy.
And basically ALL of my heroes that i read look like this guy (or all of the Travis’s I have presented here). LOL!
Wow, you guys…I’m not picky enough to stick to one type/look. I love ’em all. Ha!
Great Travis… too young for “Z” though:
Ohh Maryse those guys are HOT!!
Sometimes I picture Henry Cavill as the H. I think he is so beautiful that when the hero has dark hair and blue eyes I always see Henry 😀 I mean look at him! https://tumblr.henrycavill.org/image/60842884569
Why did I have in my head that Travis was blond?
Wow, those eyes, Anne…speechless
Hot right? YES!!! How could I not love Travis with all that angst, need, HUGE INTENSE LOVE, all of that bad-ass and that face, those tattoos and that ummm… the rest of him? Tee hee!
Oh Fabi he is cute!!!!
Oh but for Outlander’s Jamie, I pictured him EXACTLY as the actor looks. It’s uncanny!
WOW> Okay – first, Z and Travis in the same sentence – was never happening for me. LOL. This is way fun. Travis was like a young Adam Levine. Cocky. Self assured. Lanky. bad boy. Not too meaty. Was he buff? I don’t remember him that way? And Z was HUGE and scarred and scary and hot!!!
I’m glad I’m not the only one that has one guy as the recurring role of H. Some more of my yummies (I will objectify because no man in reading this blog and because we read books with ripped torsos on them, so what the heck)…
(his name is Wouter Peelen… so funny….)
(my blonde guy)
Henry is ALWAYS perfect as a “rich distinguished hero” for me Anne. Or the teacher in a student-teacher romance… *blush* ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!
Jumping on the Henry bandwagon!!! He’s my sexy rich billionaire guy (Crossfire series, etc).
Travis as a blonde??? Did NOT see that coming!
And ginger in EiT was very much like Jamie for me too!
It’s Friday night and we are finding pics on tumblr of hot men. GOOD TIMES
Oh for the love of… *downs a shot of Jaeger*
Y’all just had to post those pictures. And my hubby isn’t even here for me to lick his tats.
*eyes bottle of Jaeger*
*downs another shot*
Uhhhhh, wow…that just happened…
…. pass me the Jaeger…. for my hand-basket….
What just happened???
Fabi!! You love them all~~I love that.
Gah, dark hair and light eyes. Love that combo. There was one actor in particular from like 10 year s ago and can not remember his name. Off to Google, lol.
Bev…oh yes, my eyes are equal opportunity members
*sidles up to MichelleS*
Here’s the Jaeger…but you do know that it’s not Jaeger that goes in your “handbasket” right?
Maryse… That is so Z!!! *hot flash*
Wait, where’s Z???
More ice cold Jaeger anyone? The temp just shot up in here…
Amy, my wine bottles sit all but forgotten until you break out the booze on Friday nights. Then I start craving a drink, and since I don’t have anything else, out comes the wine.
What just happened? I don’t get it…
Fabi that she is taking shots and telling us she licks her husband’s tattoos.
I saw him in a movie called Bella. I guess he wanted to do more faith based movies. Maybe why haven’t seen him since.
I am snorting cackling and giggling right now. Literally.
Woo-hoo Fabi!!! Break out the wine!!!!!
DAMN BEV!!!!!!!! Where did ya find HIM??????
Ha! Goes to show how corrupted I am since I didn’t even think anything of her comment.
Bev, your link doesn’t work me. I don’t know if it works for anyone else.
Oh it worked for me… 😛
I googled him Bev. Whooeeee, hot. Reminds me of a model I saw once. Best looking man I’ve ever seen. Don’t know his name but I still have a picture somewhere on my computer I think.
This is my “Z” and Phury (first pic) – with long, beautiful hair, this guys is Phury, and with head shaved this guy is Z…. but this is essentially the guy! (And apparently he died a few months ago tragically, how sad is that?) Need more Jaeger…. for my empty hand-basket….
Is anyone reading or are you stuck looking at pics online? I’m pathetic.
Another favorite. But blonde. His arms are insane.
Oh BOO bev – link didn’t work for me!!! dang it…. need to see what your blonde looks like… because Rammel Hawking and Rhage are blondes!!!
Wow MichelleS, that body definitely belongs to one of the BDB boys.
Bev – your sexy Bella dude is always my Vampire Prince – no matter what!
Nope, me either Bev.
Dang it, I wish I’d somehow kept a link to a YouTube video I saw years ago that pictured the BDB boys perfectly for me. I have no talent for finding pictures of book characters on my own.
Looking at pics and giggling at your comments.
He died??? *sigh*
*downs another shot*
For the love of all that is holy…. look at Rhage and Wrath!!!! Where’s that wine, Fabi…. (and she was worried about objectifying men)…..
Try this. If you haven’t watched the show you need to see him do the salmon ladder.
I suddenly have a craving to read me some BDB.
I have to admit that this guy gets a lot of screen time in my head too! Okay, I am seeing a pattern here… longer hair? I guess so! Huh? The vamps always have to have longer hair for me. Werewolves too, sometimes, except P. Briggs. It’s easier for me to find my PNR guys than my contemporary and NA guys….. they are more “vanilla” I guess!!!
Oh Bev! I’ve seen every episode of the two seasons and that scene… Oh my…that scene *drool*
MichelleS love the PIC of all the BDB guys!
Wine (and alcohol in general) pretty much does away with all my shyness (and morals?). Objectify away ladies…I’m all ears (and eyes).
What a tragic story.
A couple questions. I’m always with the questions.
MichelleS, what is the handbasket? Unless it’s a nickname for something. Then don’t tell me.
Do some of the male models get to cheesy? For me if it looks to stripper I’m …..eh.
Guys that your surprised your so attracted to. Like Norman Reedus or Benedict Cumberbatch (best voice).
Fabi I tried to look up but apparently BDB vids are popular.
Psst Bev…pssssssssttttttttt!!! Bev!!!
*clinks shot glass with Bev*
Bev – “handbasket” ….. I’m going to hell in a handbasket for all this craziness!
I have no clue who these guys are – I just google a look and voila! there they are. If it is truly a guy I know (like an actor), then, yes, I agree with you. It is the opposite of male perfection. It is the voice (like Benedict’s) or something quirky that gets me. Or just rugged good looks, like Sean Bean who played ned Stark on GoT.
MichelleS, you have good Google skills.
Amy, Damn straight.
Last link for me, for Fabi’s ears. Let’s use all the senses.
Wow all of those guys are so HOT!! Yummy! Best Friday night ever lol!
So don’t kill me but I haven’t read the BDB books *hides* What is wrong with me?!?
Bev Tom’s voice is so sexy!!! That British accent gets me everytime!
I missed the party? *pouts* Tons of sexy guys and… I missed it?
Hahaha Poor Amy. All this sexy and no husband around to lick.
Bev, your Bella guy looks like what I imagine Raf to look like in the Charlie Davidson series. All olive skin and yummy.
Gingers… Christian Grey was described as having copper hair. This is kind of what I see in my head, but broader shoulders. (always broader shoulders.)
Anne, worse than not reading them, I find most of them a little too long and drawn out. *ducks*
Yes you MUST read Haunted Love!!!!!! It was sooooooo good!!!!!!
Ohhhhhh and this is one I pre-ordered and it sounds AMAZING!!!!!
Bev, yes there seems to be a million BDB vids on YouTube. I’d seen this particular one that was perfect for me but lost it over the years.
That voice!!! Oh how I wish he did audio books!
Tessa, holy hotness. That’s the first redhead I’ve ever seen that I thought was drop dead gorgeous. Sooo, Christian Gray. I think I love you for that.
I just finished a beta read of an erotic romance that was so damn good! I have to find out when she’s going to publish because it seems ready to me and I can’t wait to recommend it. The funny thing is I usually don’t like older characters. Especially older heroines. But in this one she’s 47 and he’s her age or older and it turned out so good. Both good looking and fun as well as funny. And did I mention it’s erotica? So go ahead and add hot to that list of traits. 🙂
Google is my friend. I just found out Tom Huddleston does audio books. Off to browse Audible for all of his narrations. 🙂
Fabi, seriously? The only one with red hair. Technically, this guy has red hair…
I’m 50% in to Betrayed by Wodke Hawkinson!!!! The heroine gets kidnapped by a bunch of rednecks who rape and beat her, almost to death.It’s breaking my heart. But a hero finds her and nurses her back to life. He’s so gentle! Love it!
I wonder if there is any men who read the blog? Men read romance. Maryse, do you know?
Of course doesn’t mean they read the comments. Honestly I sometimes forget that it’s not just us on here talking. And I’m a lurker, so should know, lol.
I like the guy covers, but the one on top looks like he is in the bathroom. If I was just judging by cover the ones on here that would catch my attention are The Scribe, Coming Soon, Haunted Love, Asking For It, and Eeney Meeny.
I used to have TWO men that read this blog for the romance books (but it’s been a couple of years since I’ve heard from them). One was BIG time into the Black Dagger Brotherhood. He was awesome.
Bev – OMG, he does look like he’s going to the bathroom. That was a terrible pose. Based solely on covers, I’d have picked The Scribe (and not because I read it and loved it either). because I’d wonder about the tattoos on his body. And they ARE an integral part of this story. You’re e lurker? I only lurk on Facebook, not blog-sites.
Anne – I’m not sure if I could start and commit to something like BDB right now. I did then because I was craving more PNR at the time. Now I need it in between other reads. And any long new series scares me off too.
OMG…I missed all the hotness and postings of well, hot guys. Is it too early for a shot of Jaeger Amy?!
When I’m reading I picture the H as described, but it’s a vague picture, if that makes sense. Hair color, build and good looking, but not an exact picture.
I don’t picture myself as the h, but if it’s a good book I feel what’s she’s feeling.
Bev, Asking For It has a book 2 (Begging For It) coming out in September??!
I have Gravity already on my tbr, not sure why I haven’t already read it.
Black Rainbow, Incite, Coming Soon, 21 Stolen Kisses, The Road Back To Us, and Ripple look interesting to me. Have to read the samples.
The blurb for Razorblade Kisses reminds me of a Tarryn Fisher blurb!! *eeeek!!!!*
Cheryl, I do not always see faces very clear.
MichelleS, a bit of one yes. If there is a good conversation going or a lot of recs I’ll follow along. Except for here I don’t really converse. Occasional one off comments.
Damn Tessa, you sure know how to find them. But, no, Thor (umm Chris) is blonde. Must have been coloured in that picture. Or maybe he colours it blonde.
So I like, how to say….descriptive quirks? Something that is just the hero or heroines.
In the book I’m reading it is the hero’s hands. He is a gunslinger and the heroine is always noticing them. So, I have this very clear picture in my head of them. He is recovering on her farm and it is lambing season.
“The outsider had given the ewe his leg to brace against, and now he squatted down in the straw next to her rolling head. He threaded his fingers through the puff of wool between her ears, stroking her over and over.”Why don’t she holler?”
Rachel’s gaze was held fast by those long fingers, the way they moved tenderly, almost lovingly over the ewe’s head. But then, he touched his gun like that, she thought. And, once, her mouth.”
Thor is blonde. Growing up, the actual actor was a strawberry blonde that his hair darkened to a a red shaded brown. He dyes his hair for the part. *grins* I like him better with his natural hair.
BTW, I think female redheads are gorgeous (especially basin’s my daughter is one). I’ve just never found male redheads appealing. In general…there’s always an exception to the rule.
I finished LoA3 last night. What a way to end end that one. Wow. In a funny way though I prefer her that way than actually idea long with things. I think I hate Ian most of all. Maybe even more than Devin. I can’t say I happy right now with her German family. They know what goes on. Shouldn’t they follow her? And what’s up with Aaron and Travis? Especially Travis. He was THERE and at no time did anything? There isn’t a single character I like in this book. Except maybe Isla. But you see why its such an engrossing train wreck. It makes you YEARN for some goodness somewhere, anywhere.
Sorry about all the errors above. I should have proofed but got distracted here.
Tessa they are pretty long but I should give them a try since so many people love them. I need to be in the mood for a PNR though and recently I’ve been in a Contemporary kick so it’ll be a while before I get to the Brotherhood 🙂
MichelleS I know what you mean! This series is like 14 books long? That’s a huge commitment!
I started Coming Soon last night and liking it! There’s some cliches about the H but overall it’s a good read 🙂 Will report back once I’m finished.
Anne – so the good thing about BDB is that they are stand alones, but the back story continues. One couple, one book …. until the later books when she goes bonkers and everybody is in the books!! So if you ever start, you’d still like them as single books here and there, I think. Especially books one and two!
Life of Anna – know what you mean Fabi. I hate all the guys. Except maybe the German dude’s father – cause he’s kind of protective, but creepy too, know what I mean? It’s bordering on Anita Blake territory with everyone and their brother wanting her! But I will keep on keepin’ on with it and eventually get to the HEA Tessa promises. Just can’t go there right now.
Hey Amy – did you ever report back about IAD? Did you fall for the Scottish Werewolves? Did you like it??? Will you read any more of that series? I will go hide now because I have to admit that I didn’t finish the Covenant series even though I loved it! What is wrong with us? I think I need to be marooned on an island so I can just get caught up on everything. Speaking of islands, we haven’t razzed you about Surviving Raine in a while.
Tessa read LoA? I thought only Jean, you and I had read it.
I love Chris Hemsworth!!
Fabi, please don’t give up on LoA…. it will be worth it in the end!
Shhh MichelleS, Amy won’t read SR until I read Sweet Gum Tree and I’m not ready yet.
Loved all your hot guy pics!! Tatted guys just do something for me!
I have 15% left in And After. Not really liking Cassie much in this one….
Jean – I’m not typically the shmaltzy type, but I adored Sweet Gum Tree!!! I was late coming to that party too, and then regretted it.
Me too Jean. He’s my fav hottie. I absolutely adore seeing pictures of him with his wife and kids. Just makes my heart melt.
*groans and holds head* Way too much Jager and Angry Orchard last night…this is why I usually stick with martinis. 😕 Here Cheryl, you can have the whole bottle… *hands Jaeger to Cheryl*
MichelleS, I liked IAD! Right now for whatever reason though I am not in the mood to commit to a long series that deals with different couples, ya know? Kinda like Anne said about BDB up there.
Jean, what’s going on with Cassie that you don’t like? You say you have 15% left…um, a lot can happen in 15%. Just sayin’. I’ll just be hiding from you in my blankie/hangover cave when you finish up And After. Note that I said “hiding” ’cause…well…you’ll see why…
Yep Fabi, Chris is one of the “good” guys!
I didn’t think Tessa read LoA either.
I promise I will read SGT as soon as Amy reads SR!!!! it’s like an ongoing battle between us! Lol!!
Oh no Amy…. now you have me scared and I don’t know when I will get back to it today… Sh$t!! Cassie was just a little annoying in the beginning, understandably I know…. But how she was treating Bits broke my heart. She’s gotten a little better and I’m liking her relationship with Dan.
Kim…wow, The House looks GOOD!!!! I’m preordering that one!!
Amy, lol. Your hang over makes me want a full breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, bacon. Probably cause last time had one was in my early twenties and that’s what we did the next morn. Now I’d probably be in bed for a week. Lol.
I gotta look up The House. Would it be terrible to try reading on my phone while at a friend’s house??? Amy has me intrigued with what will happen in And After.
Lol Jean. I’ve been known to sneak peeks at my book or this blog while over at other people’s homes.
Been reading all morning. Its hard to step from the book world into the real world, when I do that.
I do love a historical. I think one reason, like with UF, it’s because I get to step fully into another place.
Fabi! I’m glad you liked his reading. Seriously, could put that on a loop. Usually good idea to stay away from YouTube comments but glanced and they made me laugh. “Boom my ovaries exploded” “I’m pregnant” lol.
Jean, lol. Depends on the friend.
Side note and yes sound old and grumpy. I do look at my phone often. But do not like when people are talking or “listening” and texting or on fb at same time. :-I
Haha on those comments Bev. I can totally relate. I had no idea he had that kind is a voice. It is not so noticeable in the movie. I noticed Chris’ voice much more.
Just wait Jean…Cassie goes all mama bear when it comes to Bits. 😉 I loved all the guys in Cassie’s life…Nelly, Adrian, Dan, John, Zeke. I know there were other guys but I can’t think of their names. Actually I loved all of the secondary characters and the relationships she had with them, which made everything that happened in books 2 and 3 so hard!! I’m tellin’ ya, it’s like Walking Dead…
MichelleS…what Jean said. Except SHE is the one holding out on SGT!!! I will gladly pick up SR as soon as she gives in to SGT but she is being stubborn. Hey, I even read On the Island which was part of the deal!!
Bev, I just had some chocolate chip pancakes and hashbrowns and feel much better now. 😉 If I had a hangover now like the ones I had in my 20’s then *I* would be in bed for a week too!
As far as reading on your phone at a friend’s house Jean…you’re gonna want to read the last part of And After uninterrupted. 😉 And lucky you book 3 is already out…I had to wait for it!!
First, nope. Did not read LoA. Read to the part that she’s captured, (chapter 2?) realized who it was and said nope. No can do.
*hugs Amy* Water and carbs. It’s the only thing that works.
I’m reading a YA PNR that is seriously intriguing: Gilded by Christina Farley. Korean myth, so something I’m seriously unfamiliar with, but now I want to find out tons more. The story is good too! 😛
Tessa I’m reading a YA PNR right now too. 🙂 I still find it so totally awesome to share reads and opinions with all you ladies here. I’ve read so many great books that I would have never found if not for all of you.
Oooh, which one? I love ya pnr for a cleansing. Also, inevitably, I find those that just make me happy.
Well, mine is one of those beta reads I’ve been doing. Its called Supernatural – The Rising by Ryan Troske. It is another great beta. Honestly, I don’t have much feedback for these last few authors. Their pacing is perfect, the characters well developed and very relatable. I’m a little shocked I’ve gotten so many great ones in a row.
My tastes, as usual, are all over the place, from MM to Erotica, to YA. I guess it mirrors my taste in men. I’m not picky as long as its good. hahaha
Thanks Amy*takes bottle of Jaeger*.
I know what you mean about committing to a series. Seems like so many out now are part of a series. I just want to read that * good feel * standalone!! 😉
Finished Carter Reed 1 and 2. Was good but in the mood for something that is not so flat emotionally. The writing was good, but it didn’t give me the *feel* and I could put it down.
Hey, know how we mentioned surprising each other? Maryse. Last night with all the hot guy post. I had actually missed a couple. And she won her dirty card. Hmmm. 😀
Tee hee!! There was a party going on around here!
I snuck out for half an hour and played “lets find the hottie” and then i ran back to my reading room…
*sigh* i missed some good stuff yesterday. And a few jager bombs to boot.
Lets have a fattening breakfast for supper. Amy needs it. 😉
I was wondering why there were so many comments on this list – the photos triggered so many to share haha.
Just wanted to mention Jaci J as an author. I started with book 3 of her MC series. Gritty and great pace. She had a new release out on 18th May that I will try next.
Oh yeah, last night was pretty fun around here!!! 😀
Mmmmmm…fattening breakfast for supper. Well, guess what I’m doing? Picking up a to-go order from IHOP, a big ol’ breakfast of stuffed French toast, hash browns, eggs, bacon and sausage.
Food coma and then reading Tell Me…which is good so far!
Yum yum yum *wipes off drool*
Amy and Michelle, I am not very happy with you guys right now. Just finished And After. Really? I’m dying here!!! How much can a person take?
*cautiously scoots next to Jean*
Need a hug?
You should be cautious Amy! WTH!!! Thank you for telling me to wait to read the end though….. Glad I did it while in private because I cried like a baby! I’m on the last book now and need it to end on a good note!
Beautiful Sacrifice is next for me!!
I love breakfast for dinner. I’m thinking shopping this week for next Sunday breakfast. Maybe pancakes or pull out the waffle maker. Have not had either in ages.
Anybody want to do breakfast, lol.
I just read a post on literary crushes and she mentions Nat from The Witch of Blackbird Pond. Put the biggest smile on my face. I have not thought of him or that book in ages. Not sure how many re-reads I did. Did anyone else ever read that book?
Bev I haven’t read that book but I am going to check it out now 😀
I didn’t read last night cause I went out with some friends and got back pretty late. I’ll finish Coming Soon today and don’t know what to read next…
Btw happy Sunday everyone! What are you guys reading?
Bev The Witch of Blackbird Pond was first published in 1958! Wow! It looks intriguing! I just downloaded the sample 🙂
Yes, not sure how my used copy popped up as a teen. It is definitely YA. I need to look in some boxes see if still have that old copy, but doubt it. I was never the best caretaker of my books and finally got rid of
some. *Ouch* I know have the urge to re read it this summer.
Know = now
Anne, it cracks me up how enthusiastic you are about all the books. Is there any trope that is an automatic nope for you? And have you read WIR& E&P?
*Glances over at books sitting slumped over dejected in their We Love Maryse T-shirts*
Lol Bev! I love reading so everytime I see a suggestion or a book you guys talk about I check it out and see if it appeals to me. Lets just say that thanks to you guys my TBR pile has grown exponentially lol I like anything that has a romantic element to it but I don’t like straight up erotica or mystery (scary) books 😀
Finished Coming Soon and it was an ok read. Nothing new and kinda cliched. Its a 3/5 for me.
I am reading Because of Him by Jessica Roe next.
*points at Amy* it’s her fault Jean! Yeah I had to read the whole series in a row with the way things end in both books BUT I promise it wraps up well. I’m glad Amy got me to read them seriously since I loved the series and definitely remember a lot of the story…they stick.
Game of Thrones fans this is funny –
You are right Michelle. I can’t see ever forgetting this series.
Just finished watching The Best of Me and I cried like a baby. Has anyone seen it too?
*peeks out from behind Michelle*
You forgive me, Jean? Michelle and I promised the series would end well, and it does! It…just…takes a rough road to get there. And leaves some scars. 😕 But I loved it.
I’m so glad that you two understand why that series still affects me! 😉
Michelle, I’m always a year behind but read about *that* Sansa scene. I find it so upsetting.
With most of the hard scenes, red wedding, I’ve read a few years ago so prepared and know Martin is not a safe writer. But not understanding why the show decided to do that detour. Just do not like it.
Oh hey guys I just love reading all ur crazy comments *sighs* I do miss u guys! I do have a plausible excuse for not being about and getting my but in the excuses name is Shelley laurenston I started the pride series read them all then done her dragon series read them all now I’m blah cause I want to read more of them I should totally change my excuses name to maryse as its on her blog I got the recommendation hmmm maybe it should be michelleS as the excuse anyway! How u all been?!?
Hey Laura, its good to hear from you again. Sounds like you’ve been in reading heaven. 🙂
Yep fabi sure have now I feel like I have even more catching up to do with u guys! What have u all been squeeing over recently? I’ve actually just started written in red today loving it so far and not even that far into it!
Laura! Nice to hear your accent again. You are reading WiR, yay!! You know you don’t have to stay away until the whole series is done. 😉
I just came across a scene I forgot about. Not sure how I forgot but not a happy surprise.
Still really enjoying this re read. But one of those scenes I need to look away for a moment.
Laura!!! *runs and tackles Laura* Don’t stay away like that again, my crazy friend. And I think you just made Bev’s day with WiR. 😉
Bev…what are you reading??
FSoG lovers…did you see that she is releasing his POV on his “birthday” June 18?!?
Getting ready for Maryse’s *squeeeeee!!!!!* in three…two…one…
I squee’ed myself to death.
Someone help me? I can’t hear. I can’t adult. I can’t believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM BACK!!!!! 😀 😛
Eh, adulting is over rated.
Is this for Beautiful Sacrifice?
Ah, just saw Amy’s countdown, lol.
THERE it is!!!! 😀
*tries to help Maryse up off the floor*
*gives up and flops down giggling beside her*
Finished The Outsider. Really good.:-D 464 pages, so need to shake off 1800s Montana.
Michelle, or anyone who may spend time with them. Are sheep really….how to say nicely…….not that sharp?
Release day tomorrow and definitely have a read coming out.:-D Two more positive recs for it. * rubs hands together*
So don’t think want to start novel length. I have 3 novellas in my scribd library. Never Never part 2 and Off Base that has a novel by Tessa Bailey & one by Sophie Jordan, going for one of these.
Finished All the Stars in The Sky! Yes Amy and Michelle, it was definitely worth all the tears and ups and downs! Thanks for your support!
Excited about the FSoG in Christian’s POV!!
Starting Beautiful Sacrifice tonight!
*get off floor calmly* I missed you to Amy *shakes amy* I MISSED YOU TOO!!
Oh dear maryse I know u missed me but no need to pass out dear 😉
Welcome back Laura. 🙂
*Squeeeee, dog piles on Maryse and Amy!!
Lots of good freebies especially 😀 Tessa you like the Helen Harper books right? They whole series is cheap and I might grab it.
Playing for Keeps by RL Mathewson is FREE
Beware by Shanora Williams is FREE
Forever Mine by Elizabeth Reyes is FREE
Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan is FREE
When I See You by Katherine Owen is FREE
Seize Me by Crystal Spears is FREE
Lark by Erica Cope is FREE
Embattled Hearts by JM Madden is FREE
Sourdough Creek by Caroline Fyffe is FREE
Trust Me by Lacey Black is FREE
Take the Heat by Skye Warren is FREE
The Core by Kate Thomas is FREE
Cowboy Command by Olivia Jaymes is FREE
Caelen’s Wife by Suzan Tisdale is FREE
Too Deep for Tears by Kathryn Lynn Davis is FREE
Sound of Sirens by Jen Minkman is FREE
This Morning I Woke Up Dead by Mindy Larson is FREE
Ultraviolet by Jessica Sorensen is FREE
Chasing Bristol by Shane Morgan is FREE
Foreshadowed by Erika Trevathan is FREE
Insanity by Cameron Jace is FREE
Teton Sunrise by Peggy L Henderson is FREE
Chasing Forever Down by Nikki Godwin is FREE
Ever Winter by Alexia Purdy is FREE
Love Gone Wild by Amy Matayo is FREE
Eat, Play, Lust by Tawna Fenske is FREE
Paranormal Public by Maddy Edwards is FREE
House of Aces by Pamela Ann is FREE
Meant to Be by Laramie Briscoe is FREE
Building Faith by Dani Matthews is FREE
Jaded by Varina Denman is FREE
Levitate by Kaylee Ryan is .99
Normal by Danielle Pearl is .99
Blackbird by Abigail Graham is .99
Statistic by Dawn Robertson is .99
Tool by Sabrina Paige is .99
Twist Me by Anna Zaires is .99
The Blood Destiny Series Boxed Set by Helen Harper is 2.99
Where the Road Takes Me by Jay McLean is 1.99
Where Sea Meets Sky by Karina Halle is 1.99
Worth the Wait by Jamie Beck is 1.99
The Prince by Tiffany Reisz is 4.99
In His Keeping by Maya Banks is 1.99
The Substitute by Denise Grover Swank is .99
Away by BA Wolfe is 1.99
Chase Me by Tessa Bailey is .99
Savage Brothers MC Book 1 & 2 by Jordan Marie are .99
West Bend Saints Book 1 & 2 by Sabrina Paige are .99
Dragonfury Series by Coreene Callahan are 1.99
Immortals After Dark Book 5 & 6 by Kresley Cole are 1.99
Making the Cut by Scott Hildreth is .99
Outlaw’s Obsession by Nicole Snow is .99
Crescent City Fae Boxed Set by Deanna Chase is .99
Incarcerated by Inger Iversen is .99
Yey Jean I knew if would satisfy in the end. Amy you done good with this rec!
Bev, I try really hard to not get attached to any GoT characters but I know what you mean. Haha well yes I think sheep are extremely stupid…which is why I only deal with cats, dogs and horses right now! Why do you ask – do you have some?
Laura WiR is going to blow ya away…just wait, come back and tell Bev and I we are right when you are done 😉
Laura: ” hmmm maybe it should be michelleS as the excuse anyway!”…. hey hey now…. you LIKED them didn’t you? So you read everything from Laurenston, eh? And then her Dragon Kin too? Awesomeness!!!! I loved Blaine (was that her name?) the crazy one that runs around doing cartwheels all the time? And the honey badger. And all the lazy lions! Such greatness. WOO HOO – another fan. So whatcha’ gonna read now???
You’re reading WiR? Bev will be so happy to hear it. I think she has managed to talk almost each and every one of us into it. And considering how much I paid for it, that’s saying something. Can’t wait to hear your review.
I am in the same boat as Bev. Thinking about a novella just to fill in the time. I haven’t read Never Never part two either yet.
Heh, not sure how I get all the blame/glory for WiR, when Michelle is right there.
Ok, she knows how to not be as obnoxious about it and actually talks about other books. But barely, lol.
Michelle, I’m not sure I’d want to know the count on our mentions of WiR on here. o_O
And yes, makes me verra verra happy. Please keep us updated.
Jean, you must read waaayyyy faster than me. I’m dying to get to Beautiful Sacrifice and I still have Irrevocable and The Script in my Read Right Now tbr category while you’ve read Irrevocable and three other books already and starting on one of the Maddox twins. Waaaaaa, <– me crying because work is about to get busy again and I'll have even less reading time.
Ha but barely…the more important question is, when is the next one coming out? It better be yearly for the next couple books or I will drive everyone insane!
Nope, no sheep for me, lol. Just in book I just read the Plain people are sheep ranchers. And it seems like the sheep are very intent on hurting themselves. In the KM book I’ve mentioned is on a sheep ranch (farm) too. But all I remember is she kept wanting to name them things like cotton ball. And the hero is ally…um….not a pet. It seems like James Herriot was always having to tend them to. Ok have to share a cute part. One of the moms is not feeding her lamb.
” Oh, he’s starving, the poor little bobbli.”Rachel squeezed into the jug with the lamb and his dam, stooping to keep from hitting her head on the sloping roof. “This flighty ewe of yours is bumming her lamb.”
“Flighty ewe of mine? I don’t recall marrying her.”
“You hadn’t ought to spurn her to her face like that, sir. Given how she adores you.” And indeed, at the sound of his voice, the ewe had turned her head to look up at the outsider with an expression on her sweet clowns face that was positively besotted.” Help me to tip her over onto her rump, if you don’t mind,”Rachel said.
“I don’t mind. But I ain’t speaking for her feelings on the matter.”
What is everyone reading?
I just finished Shuttergirl. It was good, but after the last few lackluster books, I need to find “that” story.
They are exactly as decribed above flighty. They kinda have an extreme prey response and run without thinking. I swear if they were in front of a cliff and wanted to get away, they would go over in a heartbeat. Lambs are sure adorable though! I do see goats sometimes and do not mind them. Yeah alpacas and sheep are my least favorite for sure.
I dunno what I’m reading next Cheryl, I’m trying to find something good too and am scrolling around my library list. By the time I decide it will probably be time for bed haha.
That was fast, Jean!! Even though it broke my heart and not everything went the way I would have wanted, I think I loved that about it as well…the stuff that happened *sob* would very likely actually happen IRL. Well, ya know, if there was actually a zombie apocalypse. 😉
Now, Michelle and Jean, let’s see if it sneaks up on you two and gut checks you STILL after a few months like it does me…
Omg, lambs and baby goats(kids?) Are the freaking cutest. Love in the spring and I see a flock somewhere and they are out doing their straight leg hops & jumps.
Michelle!!!! Read with us tomorrow. C’mon.
Jean? You better read fast.
Bev, what are y’all reading tomorrow? Nothing is looking good and I’ve wasted like an hour reading blurbs…
Yep Amy, very realistic! Loved the series! It will be one I never forget because I’ve read nothing like it before.
Fabi, I haven’t read Irrevocable yet……too many books coming out at once!
Bev, I’m in for the BR!!! I’m at 20% of Beautiful Sacrifice now. Who is else reading with us??
Jean, I think you, me, Tessa, & Amy.
Maybe the Michelles will join in?
Michelle, it’s Asking for It by Lilah Pace. A lot of buzz about it. Positive buzz so far though tricky subject matter.
Michelle, I have been doing the same thing, just reading blurbs. Good news is I’ve deleted several samples from my kindle.
Think I’m going to wait to read Asking For It until September and the 2nd book is out. I’m a big baby with cliffhangers and I hate that by the time the 2nd book is out, I’ve forgotten enough of the 1st book, that I have to re-read it.
Thanks for the list Michelle! I 1-clicked a ton of freebies and sales!
Does any one else watch Downton? I’m slowly catching up on last season and just love it. But Dang I need next season to be a happy one for Bates/Anna and Edith.
Gah, the clothes and those homes. Would love to tour the real homes.
Michelle, how do you find all those freebies and deals?!? Any time I try to look those up on Amazon, I end up with a crap list full of stupid books that I don’t want!!!
Finished Because of Him and it was really sweet with some angst. Its a 3.5/5 for me.
Tomorrow I have an appointment with my surgeon to determine a date for my gallbladder removal. I hope its soon cause its been kinda bugging me lately :/
Yep MichelleS loved them all and yep it was Blaine she was funny I think I liked Mitch the best he’s such a girl lol
Loves dragon kin to in assuming she’s still going with this one?
Oh yea will let u both know what I’m thinking o like it so far and I’m not even that far in at all and to be honest it was the the both of u that recommended this one so if I disappear Amy will come to u both looking for answers lol
Lol, Laura. Amy will have to go back in to the courtyard to get you.
Amy, I look through a couple sources routinely everyday. The easiest one is:
You can see the top 100 free books and it’s updated constantly so it’s always refreshing with new ones. I love booklending.com which I got Fabi to sign up for and I believe she is still liking it. Anything on your borrow list there that goes on sale or becomes free, you get an email with links to purchase. You have to build up your list though over time adding books. I have around 4500 now from adding a few daily since last summer. Booklending.com also sends out emails with links for daily freebies. I also get a couple compilation emails daily from sites that you can set categories of books that interest you and they send you a long email with links for sales and free books. My favorites are bookgorilla.com and bookbub. I also use my amazon wishlist a lot as a tool to find when books are on sale. I add everything to it (many books from Maryses’ lists included) and then you can just click sort by price low to high and boom you will get a list of freebies and then .99 books and up, etc. It is a lot of work when I first started but I was buying so many books (fast reader downfall!) and spending over my budget. I save tons now and only spend 15-30 minutes a day clicking on the freebies and sales I want. I copy most of them for you all and save those until I get a chance to post but that list above is what I find over an average week. Well ya asked so there’s that long explanation haha…back to work!
Oh and Bev, I don’t think I will join this buddy read 🙁 I know well unless you all rave…but I started another pnr series last night. *Sigh* it’s like my default setting when nothing looks good and I always have a ton of books to read in that category.
Michelle, hope you found a good one. And hope we all end up raving, lol.
How fun would that be for those two men to join in on the chatter around here?!? 😉
Michelle…that was great! With the way I go a little crazy one-clicking, I can always use some tips like that. Thanks so much! *hugs*
Michelle I still use booklending and love it. I’ve received so many great lends. Kulti, Never Never, Life of Anna 3, etc. It is so convenient and easy to use. It beats the library hands down. Thanks again for recommending it.