We’ve got more book recommendations than new releases today, but that’s cool, right? That means most of these below are tried and true!!! In fact, speaking of recommendations, here is my own latest book review and recommendation (it’s bargain priced!!) if you’re in the mood for a bit of creepy! I love me some creepy stalker psych-thriller reads, and this one was quite the cautionary tale! Good book and now I think I’m ready for a love story. Tee hee! Here’s my book review of Creep by Jennifer Hillier.
Okay and… as much as SO many here and on our Facebook page are going crazy for author Sarah J. Maas, I’m thinking I need to squirrel and jump into the “fantasy genre” for a bit. Who knows? I might lose my mind over it. You guys are RABID and I LOVE IT!!!!! I wanna be rabid too… So what would you recommend I start with. I don’t have much fantasy experience (I would say, closest “fantasy” I’ve read are Karen Marie Moning’s books) so I’m in your hands, my friends.
Who’s in the mood for taboo & forbidden romance reads? I just added 8 more to this “ultimate” list – Highly Recommended Risqué, Taboo and Forbidden Love Stories (and I’m looking for more to add, in case you’ve read one that you recommend).
Wattpad Freebies! New Adult, Rockers, MMA & Psych-Thriller stories hand-picked just for us… <— Want some freebies? You can read these directly on the Wattpad website.
Oh and… oooooh good deal on this! It’s on sale today. I learned about the Amazon Fire TV Stick from a fellow blogger during Amazon’s “Prime Day” and I had to buy one. Unfortunately for me, it was days after Prime Day and I paid full price but OMG I LOVE IT!!!
It has everything on it (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Movies, Youtube app, all SORTS of good stuff for my tv), and I just plug it into my TV’s USB port. It’s how I became addicted to, and watched the entire series of “Breaking Bad” (on Netflix – GAH SO GOOD!). Loved it! So anyway, passing along the sale info.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Charlie Foxtrot (Code 11- KPD SWAT Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- The Tattooed Barista (Lone Star Sweets, Book Three) by Lissa Matthews <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- BUY ME by Alexa Riley <— JUST RELEASED & SELLING HER VIRGINITY!! “Stella is desperate, and selling her virginity is her only option to save the family land. The Mistress Auction is her last hope, but when she sees the two men who buy her, she’s worried her heart won’t make it through the thirty days.”
- Fall Fast: Navy SEAL erotic romance (SEALs Undone Book 5) <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Discovering Stella by K.M. Golland <—- Pat recommends this recent release! “OMG…I just have to tell you about KM Gollands new book Discovering Stella, what an emotional piece of dual POV, so many feels and so natural to relate to. I cried and laughed. And that twist … BOOM. You don’t see it coming. AT ALL. Please read this. It’s a must.“
- A Second Chance at Paris (Bayou’s End Book 1) by Cole McCade <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! Jean and Fabi loved it! Jean says: I loved Last Chance in Paris by Cole Mccade and I’m not sure many of you read it here. Fabi recommended it to me and it was amazing! Highly recommend!” and Fabi agrees saying: “Who needs movie stars when there are authors like Cole McCade? (not his real name) When you’re in the mood for a sweet second chance romance read, try Second Chance at Paris. His writing is top notch.“
- The Lost: A Crow City Novel by Cole McCade <— DARK READ ALERT!! And Fabi points out his latest release (but it comes with a severe warning and she says: “I just got chills reading it”) She also says ”The Lost just came out this week and I believe it’s the first dark novel he’s published. Although, I do believe he had a story in an anthology with other authors.” and Lisa says: “AND Holy Moly that warning sounds terrifying….I wouldn’t be brave enough to read it. In fact that warning is a trigger for me.*gulp*” Yikes! I’m SO intrigued by this blurb… “Cold. Controlled. Impenetrable. Ex-Marine Gabriel Hart isn’t the kind of man to come running when Leigh crooks her pretty little finger. She loathes him. She hungers for him. He’s the only one who understands how broken she is, and just what it takes to satisfy the emptiness inside. But Gabriel won’t settle for just one night. He wants to claim her, keep her, make her forever his. Together they are the lost, the ruined…“
- Jezebel by K. Larsen <— CRAZY-AWESOME STORY/TWIST ALERT!! Speaking of book deals, Kathy just found us this one (and I five-starred it!!), so consider it another one of my personal recommendations! It’s on SUPER-SALE today and what a crazy-awesome ride it was! (my review)
- Revue by K.M. Holland <— SUPER-SALE ON THIS MALE -STRIPPER book! “When freelance photographer, Corinne Lee, is required to visually document the nationwide tour of Wild Nights Male Revue, she finds herself in a world of near-naked, testosterone-fuelled men on stage—not her photographic muses of choice. She also finds herself in the arms of Josh, the revue’s star performer.“
- So Bad (Bad Boy Next Door Book 1) by Kelley Harvey <— recently released super bargain priced and there are almost a hundred reviews all in the 5 and 4 stars realm. “Manwhore—and he’s not afraid to let everyone know it. We aren’t friends, not by any stretch, though I’ve always secretly hoped for more. Then he touches me and I’m lost. But Danny isn’t just an average a$$hole. He’s bad to the core. SO. BAD.“
- Sustained by Emma Chase <— LAUGH OUT LOUD/MAKE YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS IN PUBLIC FUNNY ALERT!! And Sharon insists!!! “READ.THIS.ONE! it had me laughing out loud uncontrollably. I looked like a fool on the beach! I hated paying full price for it, but these Legal Briefs are worth it! I have no idea what to read next. Back to angsty? Something light? Thriller?” and Anne agrees! “I finished Sustained and loved it! Jake and Chelsea are perfect for each other and the kids were amazing! I liked this one better than Overruled Can’t wait for Brent’s story!”
- The Excess Series Complete Box Set by Angelica Chase <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!
- Rook and Ronin: Complete Seven Book Series by J.A. Huss <— The whole sexy series bundled!!! Amy found it for us!! “I’m pretty sure today is the last day before the bundle is deleted from Amazon. Click! I don’t care that I already have three of the books, and I don’t care that I’m falling for a marketing ploy…that is a GOOD freaking deal!!! ” and Jean is happy! LOL! “…thanks Amy, I got that R&R bundle even though I had the first 3 too. Just the threat that it would disappear on Amazon had me twitchy! Lol!“
- Pure Abandon (Abandon Series) by Jeannine Colette <— ONE FROM THE “WHAT TO READ AFTER ARSEN” LIST ALERT! This one was recently released, comes recommended and is on super-bargain sale right now!! Cheryl says: “Just finished Pure Abandon. LOVED it!!! Well-written, angsty, love-triangle.” (Thanks to Nancy for finding it at a bargain price for us!!)
- One Kick: A Novel (Kick Lannigan Book 1) by Chelsea Cain <— OHHHHH LOOK what Tasha found for us!! “I just finished One Kick by Chelsea Cain. It’s a mystery/thriller/suspense. I really loved it and I think if you like that genre you should give this one a shot. So much more than what I had thought and expected from the blurb! This is the first book I’ve read from Chelsea…”
- Heartsick (Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell Book 1) by Chelsea Cain <— Thriller with a female serial killer and the detective she had captured and tortured ALERT!!! And Tasha is reading this one as we speak! ”I’ve had the first book, Heartsick, in her Archie Sheridan and Gretchen Lowell series for a couple years sitting on my shelf that a few of my family members have been begging me to read, but I just hadn’t gotten to it. Paperbacks are a pain for me, lol. But I squirreled from my current read and am about 30 pages in and am really liking this one too! Thriller with a female serial killer and the detective she had captured and tortured. ” <— Tee hee! I love Tasha’s devious grin. Oh her smiley looks cute, but we know it’s bein’ bad ’cause it’s reading a psych-thriller!
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard <— Tessa loved this one! “I read The Selection, and this was way better. That’s an odd comparison, actually. The only similarities is they are dystopian, and marriage is mentioned, though, not even in the same way. The book had magic, segregation issues, awesome character, betrayals, rebellion, just all sorts of gut punching goodies.“
- Queen Song (Red Queen Novella) by Victoria Aveyard <— JUST RELEASED!! And here’s the prequel… and Tessa is worried! “ I’m a little nervous about reading it. It’ll probably be extremely sad.”
- Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City Book 1) by Penny Reid <— PLUS A TRIED-AND-TRUE FREEBIE OF THE WEEK ALERT!! Kirsty found us this freebie, and I loved this one (so many of us did, in fact). YAY YOU GUYS!! (my review) (P.S. Look Fabi!!! You know… )
- Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower <— DARK READ (oldie-but-goodie) ALERT! Allison loved both of these! “I do sometimes enjoy a male point of view. When I read Monster in his Eyes, and then found out Torture to her Soul was from Naz’s POV, I was nervous. I loved Karissa so much and I thought reading his POV would ruin his mystique for me. I was so wrong. SO wrong.“
- Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes Book 2) by J.M. Darhower <— and here’s book #2 that she’s talking about…
- Hard to Fight by Bella Jewel <— Anna recommends this one! “Just read (and loved) Hard to Fight by Bella Jewel. The main character is a female bounty hunter who is trying to be taken seriously at her agency. She is finally given a big assignment, but the fugitive she is after ends up being super complex and sexy. Good stuff! I’ve also enjoyed some her Joker’s Wrath MC series, but this one had some really interesting components and a bad-ass female lead.”
- The Sordid Promise (A Breaking Insanity Novel Book 1) by Courtney Lane <— TABOO ALERT!!! Elissa recommends this for our TABOO list, but I thought I’d highlight it here too. She seems VERY enthusiastic! “Oh Maryse there cannot be a list like this without mentioning a new arrival to dark, erotica Courtney Lane! The Sordid Promise is a crazy, dark, did I say dark? Erotic romance. You will be blown away!!” OH NOOOOO and it says PSYCH-THRILLER and you know meeeeeee…. GAH!! DO I read it now? DO I? What do I do? Oh I wanna!!! Just look at this blurb! So, she has very specific “self-destructive needs” and… “Eric Brenton, Nikki’s new neighbor, lives in a dark, chaotic world that is easily hidden behind his model good looks and cocky demeanor. Unapologetic about his dirtier intentions, he sets his sights on Nikki with an offer to help her. But his help comes with very unorthodox conditions and a huge price. And Eric…comes with an extensive black box warning label.” <— YIKES!!!!!
- Reveal by Elle Brooks <— Grey is enjoying this recent release! “I’m getting to the *OMG my stomach hurts because of the angst* part…” Oh right I remember this blurb! The pro-dancer that was crushed under her ex’s debts and “When one door closes, another one opens. But I wasn’t prepared for it to belong to Reveal, one of New York City’s most exclusive Burlesque Clubs.“
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas <— WOW THIS AUTHOR IS THE BIGGEST THING GOING RIGHT NOW ALERT!! I need to marathon read her books… Ash says: “Did you read Maas other book- a court of thorns and roses? AMAZING!” and Tessa agrees! “I read Court of Thorn and Roses. That’s what got me into reading these in the first place. Someone read it and recommended it, and I went back to Throne of Glass, then read everything by her.”
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass series Book 1) by <— SUPER-BARGAIN SALE ALERT & SOOOOOO LOVED!!! Since the latest book in this series was just released (and highly anticipated) they’ve put book #1 on sale at a rock bottom price. SO MANY recommend this series with HUGE enthusiasm! (P.S. Here’s the entire series reading order and book #2: Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass series Book 2) is on sale too!)
Tessa: Rofl I was just in the middle of trying to convince my niece that she has to read this!
Maryse: I’m thinking I need to indulge in a fantasy read and this one is making too many people ecstatic. LOL!
Tessa: It’s that good. Aww, screw it. I’m buying number four. grin emoticon
Becky: sounds interesting and there are a LOT of good reviews. just one-clicked book 1.
Maryse: Becky, both this book and the latest release are HIGH up on the Amazon charts right now. It’s like a frenzy!
Jennifer: My 13 year old read it and would not give up nagging me till I started it. We are on book 2 now.
Maryse: How are you liking it so far, Jennifer?
Jennifer: I really liked it. My daughter and I have differing opinions on which guy we want her to end up with!
Melanie: I’m in the middle of the latest book and it ROCKS
Amanda: I just finished this book last night and I am in love! Can’t wait to start book two. It’s written so beautifully and the characters are amazing. # bombdotcom
Jeannie: I loved the first two books, but the third book – so amazing!!! I read it again so I am ready to ready for the 4th book and it was just as good if not better reading again. It was a very emotional book, and I found myself crying in so many scenes. If you haven’t read this series yet, definitely give it a try… I can’t wait for book 4 – Heir of Fire (book 3) left with a major cliffhanger!
Melanie: I just finished book 4 and am jumping up and down at how good it was. Now I have to wait a year for book 5 ARGHHHH! To whomever recommended this in previous posts, THANK YOU!
Jeannie: This is fast becoming one of my favorite series, I’m not sure whether to jump in and read book 5 or wait a bit. They are usually about a year apart.
Tessa: 71% into Queen of Shadows and OMG, good. So much tension I’m constantly walking away to breathe. I can kind of see where it’s going, but 71% isn’t almost done. The book has over 12000 location (whatever that means) so there’s still a lot of story left. *grins* … Sure, it’s a 10 dollar book, but it’s the size of three books! Seriously, 12072 locations, whatever that means in Kindle Speak. Also, it’s good.
Ash: Yay Tessa!! So far Queen of Shadows is worth every penny. I’m with you, it’s so hard to find good fantasy.
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Throne of Glass: A Throne of Glass Novel by Sarah J. Maas <— And since this series appears to be the star of today’s show, Melanie wanted to remind us that this whole series is available in audiobook, too AND has the Whispersync bargain deal if you already have the ebook. And since this one is bargain priced in ebook, OMG what a DEAL to get the audiobook too!!!
- Crown of Midnight: A Throne of Glass Novel by Sarah J. Maas <— THIS ONE TOO!!!
- Killing Sarai: A Novel (In the Company of Killers #1) by J.A. Redmerski <— Trisha recommends this whole series “In the Company of Killers Series by JA Redmerski are highly recommend as well. I have A 5am job, that allows for a few hours of audio each time I work that shift. :)” and Rebecca agrees: “ Someone just mentioned In The a Company Of Killers, which are cheap on WhisperSync if you own the ebook, and fantastic narration… The narrator can make or break the audio, always listen to samples, and check out what audio add ons you can get from your purchased ebooks“
- Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre <— I LOVE THIS AUTHOR + FAMOUS ACTOR/SMALL-TOWN GIRL ALERT!! This is coming out in just a few days (on Sept. 7th!!) Oh it sounds GOOD! He’s a sexy Hollywood star and she’s just a small-town girl doin’ her thing… and then: “Our lives shouldn’t have collided. But then Cole Masten read a book about my small town. And six months later, his jet landed on our dusty airstrip, and he brought Hollywood with him. From the start, I knew he was trouble. For our town. And for me.“
- Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries Book 1) by Stylo Fantome – September 7th 2015 (thanks Tessa!!)
- Numbers (New Species) by Lauren Dohner – September 8th 2015
- My Kind of Forever (The Beaumont Series Book 5) by Heidi McLaughlin – September 8th 2015
- Finding You (Love Wanted in Texas Series Book 4) by Kelly Elliott - September 8th 2015
- Sexy by J.A. Huss - September 9th 2015
- The Affiliate (Ascension Book 1) by K.A. Linde – September 15th 2015
- The Skeleton King (Dartmoor Book 3) by Lauren Gilley – September 15th 2015
- Screwed by Kendall Ryan – September 15th 2015
- Dark Wild Night (Wild Seasons) by Christina Lauren - expected release date September 15th 2015
- Hard Love: The Hacker Series #5 by Meredith Wild – September 15th 201
- Devoted in Death by J.D. Robb – September 15th 2015