<— TRAVIS ALERT BIG NEWS FIRST!!!! Look what’s going live on my birthday!!!!!!! A Beautiful Funeral: A Novel by Jamie McGuire <— *thud* MY. BELOVED. TRAVIS. It’s about HIM!!!! And this book will be so mine, and I’m just gonna marathon read the last two going into this one, (plus her freebie on Wattpad) ’cause apparently there’s a big secret that’s going to be revealed in this. I think I know what it is, but still. MIBE MINE, MY ALL MINE!!!! *squeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!* (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Sheneen: Whoop, whoop, pre-ordered!!
Katie: This can’t be the last of the Maddox family!!!
Cassie: I can already tell the title is gonna make me ugly cry haha
Carla: Wtf? Aaaahhhhh
Linda: ??????? I don’t want the family split up!!!! I don’t want a funeral!!! I don’t want a single hair touched on any Maddox!!!! No no no!!!
Maryse: LOL!!!! You guys are cracking me up!
And here is the WHOLE series reading order for those that want to catch up – there’s even a few free short stories in there focused on Travis & Abby! (and as everyone knows, Beautiful Distaster is my most favorite book in the whole world)
ALSO!!! My latest book review is up, of the release from a few days ago! Book Review – The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison
But, in the meantime… lookie lookie what we found!!!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Me Before You: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <— JUST A REMINDER!!! THIS ONE’S IN THEATERS TODAY! And I loved it like crazy (the book, I haven’t seen the movie yet, and I know I’m going to ugly cry… SO SOO SOOOOOO GOOD!!! my review and here it is on Amazon UK)
Yessi: This book destroyed me in the best possible way. Yeah I had a difficult time with a certain something but overall it was an incredible story and is one that has stayed with me.
- Captured: Devil’s Blaze MC Book 1 (Volume 1) by Jordan Marie <— KATIE COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Katie: I thought I would write you a quick note and tell you about a book you mentioned a while ago that you thought sounded good. I started reading ” Captured” by Jordan Marie a couple nights ago and Holy Cow I couldn’t put it down. It is one of those books that makes you forget about the things that need to get done around you because your so into it. I started the 2nd book in the series “Burned” and was up till almost 1:00am reading and even then I had a hard time putting it down for the night. You need to bump these ones up on your TBR list…you won’t regret it!! … I’m half way through the third and it’s just as good
- The Substitute: The Wedding Pact #1 by Denise Grover Swank <— FUN-SOUNDING/THEY MEET SITTING TOGETHER ON AN AIRPLANE ALERT! Yeah I’m totally one-clicking this, plus it’s the start to a much-loved series by this author!!! She just got dumped by her fiancé and she hasn’t told her parents yet, on her way home to HER WEDDING!! And she drinks on the plane… “Though she’s completely loopy, her honesty, openness, and humor charm him. So when she passes out before landing, he helps her off the plane–a good deed that leads to a colossal misunderstanding. Her parents assume he’s her fiancé. In a twist of fate, the mix-up might help Josh save his business, so he plays along, figuring he can help Megan too…“
- The Anatomy of Jane (WJM Book 1) by Amelia LeFay <— ROBYN SQUEE’D & CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT THE ENDING ALERT! (and here is is on Amazon UK)
Robyn: OMG Maryse! You have to read The Anatomy of Jane (WJM Book 1) by Amelia LeFay. I was in the mood for something different and this book is doing it. It’s a sexy romp with some m/m and m/m/f action! The storyline is great and gives you that “feeling”. …You have to read this book! It gave me happy, squeeing feelings and I can’t stop thinking about the ending. I want so much for these 3 people to be together. This was a beautifully written book. Part 2 comes out later this summer/fall. Grrrr….I hate sequels!
Lisa: Thx for this recommendation. I started this today. (Fanning myself)!!!!!
- Where Lightning Strikes (Bleeding Stars) (Volume 3) by A.L. Jackson <— SHE’S A RECLUSIVE BARTENDER & HE’S A ROCK STAR ALERT! “For the last four years, Tamar King has hidden herself in an isolated world she created. She was safe. No one could touch her. Until Lyrik West walked through her door…” Nancy found us this one! “WHERE LIGHTNING STRIKES (A Bleeding Stars Stand-Alone Novel) by A.L. Jackson… Got to 1-click this one!” and it reads as a standalone! (here it is, also on Amazon UK)
- Lawless & Soulless: The Limited Edition Collection by T.M. Frazier <— JUST RELEASED SERIES BUNDLE! Lawless & Soulless: The Limited Edition Collection by T.M. Frazier (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Kelly: LOVED King and Tyrant
Jean: I’ve been loving the King series by T.M. Frazier. Flew through the first two books and 35% into Lawless!! So great!!!!!!!
Marit: I’m currently reading Tyrant by T.M Frazier. (Book two in the King series). OMG, I loooooove it
- Flash Point (Kilgore Fire Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale <— JUST RELEASED/MARRIED FIREFIGHTER & HIS EX (who’s with another firefighter…) ”The day he starts his first civilian job at Kilgore Fire Department, his worst fear of seeing Masen is realized. And not only does he see her, but he sees her with another man. A fellow firefighter that he has to trust with his life…” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Chasing Butterflies by Terri E. Laine <— JUST RELEASED FOOTBALL STAR ALERT! ”College is a different game, a second chance for something better. She’s not the girl he remembers and he’s the one boy she can never forget…” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Clinch (The Underground Book 2) by Becca Jameson <— JUST RELEASED RUSSIAN MAFIA/MMA FIGHTER ALERT! “Dr. Katie Schwan has no idea what she’s getting into when she rushes to the back of a speakeasy to tend to an injured underground MMA fighter. But the hot Russian guy leading her to his friend has her attention…” (and here it is on Amazon UK too!)
- Flow: (#6 The Beat and The Pulse) by Amity Cross <— JUST RELEASED MMA FIGHTER & ROCK-CHICK BARTENDER ALERT! (and it can be read as a standalone!) “He’s got more than his fair share of problems and being heartbroken wasn’t part of the plan. Enter Lori Walker, the mysterious rock chick who works behind the bar at The Underground, the illegal cage fighting league that’s Hamish’s home away from home…” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Fallen by Kathleen George <— PSYCH-THRILLER super-bargain find!!! OMG IS HE A CREEPY STALKER? Her doctor husband was just murdered, and she’s grieving… and then a new neighbor moves next door. “This man, this stranger to the city, is fascinated by Elizabeth’s sorrow. And he knows exactly who killed her husband and why. But he isn’t in the business of telling truths. He simply wants to know her. He wants to take her in his arms. He wants to know she has fallen just for him…” It’s in the top 100 of all of Amazon right now… (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson <— HER SISTER JUST DIED/ TEARJERKER ALERT! ”Lennie finds herself torn between quiet, seductive Toby—Bailey’s boyfriend who shares her grief—and Joe, the new boy in town who bursts with life and musical genius…” It’s on super-sale right now!! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Elizabeth: One book that made me cry (besides those) was The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelso.. Incredible, quirky, funny and heartbreaking. Loved it!
Jacee: it’s very good! Made me cry!
bev: I really liked it, read in one sitting, and went and put another of hers on hold. But it is YA, gentler than some you like, and the author does have a distinct style…
- Three Little Mistakes (The Blindfold Club Book 3) by Nikki Sloane <— SUPER-BARGAIN (today!) and reads as a standalone, and it’s in Amazon’s top 100 right now. “I sell sex, sin, and pleasure, but it isn’t just my business, it’s my entire life. I get off on the power of controlling it all. She’s the one woman I can’t have.” (also on Amazon UK)
- The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!! “a startling conclusion to America’s most infamous unsolved murder mystery–the murder of the beautiful young woman known as The Black Dahlia…” (and it’s also on Amazon UK)
- This Old Heart of Mine by A.J. Compton <— DG WAS A BAWLING MESS & LOVED THIS ONE! (and here it is also on Amazon UK)
Has anyone read this one yet?!?! This Old Heart of Mine by AJ Compton. Started out a bawling mess…a good heart hurting deep into her life bawling mess! And then she was given this second chance and now she has met Him. (Not the original HIM just Him). And he is very moody….yeah, we love the moody ones with that air of mystery. I was ALL IN…as in as stayed up to 3am to finish it ALL IN! And I Loved it! I LOVED how they FELL, loved how DEEP and completely he LOVES, loved how strong she is…All kind of FEELS packed into this great read…several bawling moments, laughter, and meltie moments BUT …life is a roller coaster ride…you can either stay on the ground and watch or jump on the ride and throw your hands in the air! Ava definitely decided to jump on the ride!
Linda: My name is Linda and I’m a sucker when a fellow reader is using caps in her review to emphasize the love for a book!!!! Thank you DG!!!!! Why of course I one clicked!!!!
Maryse: Oh DG yes that one looks SO good!!! I highlighted it in my mini-blurb jolts on Tuesday (or last week?)… THANK YOU for the feedback!
- Here and Now: The Complete Series by Lexi Ryan <— THE LOVE OF HER LIFE, A ROCK STAR, AND A BIT OF AMNESIA ALERT! “Torn between the man she’s always wanted and the rocker she can’t remember…and can’t let go…” Lauren found it for us saying: “Lexi Ryan’s Here and Now series is bundled. I’ve wanted to read this series for SO long!!!” (also on Amazon UK)
- Ghost Gifts by Laura Spinella <— TONS OF GREAT REVIEWS, super-sale and Nancy found it for us, saying: “I love ghost stories and GHOST GIFTS by Laura Spinella (also author of “MY” favorite “Beautiful Disaster” book) is …on sale.” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Sweet Jayne by K. Webster <— DARK, TWISTED TABOO ALERT!!! Rachel recommends this recent release! “Just finished Sweet Jayne by K Webster last night! So good” and YES!!! I remember that blurb, and it so gave me a blurb jolt. It was another I included on my mini-blurb-jolt list last week. Or was it Tuesday? (here it is also on Amazon UK)
- One Night: Promised (The One Night Trilogy Book 1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— Candace is LOVING it! “Halfway through One Night: Promised and loving every word” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- A God in Carver: A Carver High Novel by Haven Francis <— Deborah found us this one! “Maryse…… Just read a 5+ star book that seems to be a hidden gem…”A god in Carver” by Haven Francis….. It’s teenage angst at its best!!!! And for all those that love Tijan…this will be right up there ally… I’m always looking for books like hers and this is as close as it comes…. Absolutely loved it!!!!! And there’s a second book in this series with a different hero and heroine called “A son of Carver” so I’m off to read that next!!!!” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Tastes Like Candy (Lean Dogs Legacy Book 2) by Lauren Gilley <— GRITTY BIKER SERIES ALERT! Jan130 is a new recruit (<— Haha!! See what I did there) in our Lauren Gilley gritty, SUPER-well-written, biker-book love! In fact, she’s been reading the Dartmoor series AND it’s spinoff completely out of order, and is LOVING them anyway! P.S. Here’s the reading order (and here is the latest book, also on Amazon UK)
Jan130: I did try a sample of Lauren Gilley’s Tastes Like Candy (Lean Dogs Legacy Book 2) (just out last week) and LOVED IT!! So I bought it and have dropped all of my other reading and dived into the dark and sca-ee MC world of Lauren Gilley.
Now I’ve gone back to the start with Fearless – book 1 in Gilley’s Dartmoor series. (Taste Like Candy is in a spin-off series). OMG. So good. Big, long, well-written meaty book a la Kirsten Ashley, believable (if scary!!) characters. Slightly taboo :-/ Main protagonists are seventeen and thirty when they first hookup eeeek! But so right for each other. There’s some violence too. :-/ But I’m luvvin these books and fully intend to read them all.
I’ve tried quite a few ho-hum MC series, and also some that are just TOO gritty and OTT for me. My favs (till now) are Jo Wylde and KA. But now I have a NEW FAVE. Yay me.
Maryse: We loved Fearless, here!!! So glad you’ve discovered her, Jan130!
Jan130: Thanks Maryse. So many goodies I would never have discovered without this group.
Ela: Lauren Gilley totally rocks! I started reading her non MC books as well!
MichelleS: I, too, am in Lauren Gilley’s amazing MC Club world. I loved all of the Dartmoor Series, and am reading the latest in the spin-off series, Lean Dogs.
Lisa: Jan!! So glad your reading and loving the Dartmoor series. I lost myself in Lauren Gilley MC land earlier in tbe year and Im all caught up and waiting for the release of Loverboy. Havent read Snow In Texas (Lean Dogs Legacy Book 1) or Tastes Like Candy yet…..but I think Bev read Snow and liked it. Yay. Book love!!
Jan130: Hey Lisa. Yeah, I’m right into it. Book love to the max. I think Fearless: The Complete Novel (Dartmoor Book 1) might have been my fav read for May. Tastes Like Candy is really great too. Candyman is hot *fans self*. But I haven’t been as hooked by Snow In Texas. About Mercy’s brother Colin, so still pretty hot *fans self again* but something about the setting didn’t sit right with me from the start and it just hasn’t been as awesome as the others. And Colin is a bit unsure of himself at times and not always that bada** alpha we love to love. Still a good read, though.
Without meaning to, I’ve been reading them out of order. I loved Walsh’s story as well (Dartmoor Bk 3 Skeleton King) but haven’t read Price of Angels Bk 2 yet LOL. So I’ve had some spoilers about books I haven’t read yet. Never mind. I am eagerly whipping through them all and also looking forward to Lover Boy even though I haven’t even read all the others yet LOL. There is also another Lean Dogs on the cards, I believe. Sweeeeet. Lisa – try out Taste of Candy. You’ll lerrrve Candyman
- And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Nolan: Return to Signal Bend by Susan Fanetti – June 4th 2016
- Six by K.I. Lynn - June 6th 2016
- One True Loves: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid – June 7th 2016
- End of Watch: A Novel (The Bill Hodges Trilogy) by Stephen King - June 7th 2016
- Idol (VIP Book 1) by Kristen Callihan - June 7th 2016
- Rootbound by Shannon Mayer - June 7th 2016
- Coast (Kick Push Book 2) (The Road 3) by Jay McLean - June 7th 2016
- Unbreak My Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn - June 7th 2016
- Killing The Sun: Part 1 by Mara White & K. Larsen - June 7th 2016
- End of Watch: A Novel (The Bill Hodges Trilogy) by Stephen King – June 7th 2016
- Amber Fire by Lisa Renee Jones – June 7th 2016
- White-Hot Hack: Kate and Ian #2 by Tracey Garvis Graves - June 7th 2016
- Unbreak My Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn – June 7th 2016
- Nothing More by Anna Todd - SPINOFF!! June 7th 2016
- Downtown Devil: A Sins in the City Novel by Cara McKenna – June 7th 2016
- The Proposition by Missy Johnson – June 7th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).