Eleven new weekend “early bird” releases!

by Maryse on May 18, 2015 · 59 comments

I’m going home today, from my whirlwind of a fun time at this year’s Dallas RT Book Lovers convention and I have signed books for giveaways, videos, pictures and funny (hilarious, even) stories for y’all!! ;) I can’t wait to start writing it. Tee hee!!!!!!

Some of our fellow book-lovers at the 2015 RT Book Lovers Convention!

But! Until I get home, here are some great sounding brand spanking new releases that I missed while I was gorging on books and authors this weekend.

I’ll be home soon, and back to my usual posting, reading and *squeeeing* schedule. I miss y’all!!!!

1. Shutter girl by C.D. Reiss <— Kandace recommends it!! She says: “Maryse! I’m sooooooo excited Shuttergirl by CD Reiss just went live. I read the ARC of this book and LOVED it. I truly think many of your followers will FLOVE it too. It’s totally different from her SOS series.”
  2. Never Never: Part Two  by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher <— Eeeeeep!!! Relief from that cliffhanger? PART TWO JUST WENT LIVE!!!
  3. Falling For My Boss by  J. S. Cooper & Helen Cooper <— TONS of great reviews already!!
  4. Combative (Combative, Book One) by Jay McLean
  5. Undeniable: Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss\Undone by Her Tender Touch (Pregnancy & Passion) by Maya Banks
  6. The Debt 12 (Club Alpha) by Kelly Favor
  7. Project: Killer (Project Series Book 1) by J.L. Beck
  8. Only Forever by Cristin Harber <— The fourth and final installment of the Only series. Must be read in order.
  9. #Selfie (Hashtag Series Book 4) by Cambria Hebert
  10. So Unexpected: Ty and Sara: Books 1, 2 & 3 by Amanda Wilhelm
  11. RUDE  by by Michelle Hughes

Nicole May 18, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Do you happen to know how many parts there will be in the Never Never series? I can’t start it until it’s complete :) But at the same time I want to know what it’s all about!

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM

I wish I knew too! Though, I definitely am not waiting. These are the CH I like, where my brain spins trying to figure out the mystery. :-)

Maryse… You missed the apocalypse. Just saying.

Anne May 18, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Can you just take a minute and look at the cover of RUDE? Wow! Reading that one for sure lol

Excited about Shuttergirl and Falling for my Boss.

Really liking Hyde and Seek btw. He’s so alpha! Love it!

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 2:30 PM

I think I’m becoming cynical when it comes to covers. I’m convinced I’ve seen that cover on about 10-15 book this year alone.

Yeah on the Hyde and Seek. People on this blog have great recommendations. So big thanks to Kelly for that alpha rec.

Oh speaking of alphas, no Carter Reed or Mason? I crush on Mason for a reason. :-)

marina May 18, 2015 at 2:31 PM

I agree re. Never Never. I was going to buy part 2 but I am forgetful and would rather read them altogether, one after the other so sadly I’m going to have to wait. Looking forward to reading them! Just bought Shutter Girl. Sounds like a good one!

Christina May 18, 2015 at 4:09 PM

On Amazon, Never Never says Part 1 of 3 so I’m assuming that’s correct and it’s going to be a trilogy.

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Never Never 2 was good, but again, my mind is racing to figure out the answers. These are the hardest to recover from book fog.

bev May 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Tessa is # 2 novella length?
Ha, my autocorrect wanted to make that nutella.

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Yes, it’s definitely Nutella length. :P Only 104 pages, which is why I was done so quick. My brain is still trying to figure out the mystery. I do wish it wasn’t separated so much into short books. It’s the only one I’m willing to pay $2.99 for 104 pages. Normally, NOPE.

Eli May 18, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Awesome to see Project: Killer by J.L. Beck! Those of us who couldn’t go to RT2015 had to stay home and read! LOL. I read Project: Killer and loved it.

Cheryl May 18, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Anne if you enjoyed the cover of Rude, take a gander at the cover of Since Drew that I just finished reading. *hands Anne a napkin to wipe the drool*

Was excited about Falling for My Boss, until I saw it was a 2 part series. :(

Think I might read Carter Reed next or Shuttergirl or Hyde and Seek. *reading samples to decide*

bev May 18, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Maryse, I can’t wait for the recap.
And just so everyone is prepared. *Clears Throat*
I’m gonna win it ALL!

bev May 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM

I looked at the sample and the “Babe, van” had me laughing. That’s the KA influence.

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Babe, van, where? *blinks*

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Couldn’t resist. Bought Rude. Not for the cover, but the blurb, then the sample then… HOOKED!

bev May 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Super excited just found Closer to You at used book store. Have been wanting this one. One blog reviewer read it two times in a row and I enjoyed the sample a lot.
Tessa, in H&S sample. He says some thing like Babe is the van yours or did she have paper work. I’m not sure exactly but full sentence. Then she has like a page and a half of inner monologue while he waits for answer. Then it’s Babe van. Gah, that probably makes no sense. KA has a lot of writing ticks and that is one of them. I’m not putting the book down at all. KA is my crack and if H&S is alike in vibe I’ll definitely be grabbing it at some point.
Wow. That was a ramble. But Amy did eat my brain.

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Ooooh, yes. That moment of smexy. Obviously, Never, Never fried my brain a little. I can’t believe I didn’t get the reference!

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Or Amy. Never, Never or Amy brain eating issues.

Amy May 18, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Yeah Maryse, you missed the apocalypse…and they stole my makeup, polish and earrings in the middle of it!!

I don’t mind paying that price for each Never, Never book as well but I want all the books to read at once ’cause it’s part Tarryn Fisher and I’m not patient enough to stew over the mindfu- er, mind-messery that is her work! But it’s taking sooooo much willpower to not read them. ;)

Shuttergirl looks good and pretty different from the norm…but for now I’m embedded in Collide and loving it!

Amy May 18, 2015 at 6:50 PM

*gasp* I didn’t eat any of y’all’s brains! *stomps foot* I’m. Not. Zombified!! Sheesh, see what happens when a girl goes a day without makeup and polish…which was STOLEN, I might add!! :P

MichelleS May 18, 2015 at 6:54 PM

So I guess I missed ‘The Apocalypse” too, since I don’t even know what it was or when!!! I didn’t get to go to RT either, because it is literally the busiest time of my whole freaking life right now. I haven’t even gotten to read hardly at all. Feeling so sorry for myself.

I did manage to squeeze in The Mistake, somehow. I loved it. More than The Deal. I just connected more with these two. I will be relying on you, Maryse, to tell us when book 3 comes out in that series, because I forget all about this good stuff after a while.

Since I have no clue what everyone is reading, I picked Matrix of Destiny #3. PNR or Fantasy is always by sure-bet go-to book when I don’t know what else to read. This guy is Rejar’s cousin or something. He’s uber hot. He purrs down her throat which makes her… well…. very “happy and excited”…. LOL…. and that’s all the brain power I can use right now. No complications – just off planet sexy shmexy for me. :-)

bev May 18, 2015 at 6:57 PM

MichelleS! Your alive!!!!

I saw a pic that someone posted with P. Briggs. Didn’t know she’d be there.

MichelleS May 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Yes, alive…. barely. My sone is a senior (YES, I’m that old… gah) so there are 5 bazillion things going on about this time of year. I also work in education, so ditto to that last statement. I hate this time of year!!!

P. Briggs…. man. I can’t believe I had to miss that. And CL Wilson. I’m juts going to go bawl in the corner. I hope that at least Maryse got to meet them! That would make me feel a little better.

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 7:13 PM

*hugs Michelle* Next time, maybe. It’ll be in Vegas, after all. Who doesn’t want to go to Vegas? Here, I snatched some of Amy’s nail polish. You can have a few. She won’t miss it. *hands over a few pretty grey and silver ones* And you have Rejar’s cousin too! Smexy with polish.

MichelleS May 18, 2015 at 7:20 PM

I just want someone to explain the Apocalypse, since I am completely out in left field now. It’s in vegas next time? Oh yay. That sounds like so much fun. Figures I would have to plan to leave town to see Maryse and not when she is 30 minutes away from me. Crazy.

So what’s everyone reading??? I didn’t miss any 5 stars reads did I?

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 7:29 PM

http://www.maryse.net/news/paranormal-book-releases/latest-paranormal-contemporary-romance-book-releases-may-12th-2015.html#comment-337395 The apocalypse. This is what happens when you leave the introverts alone…

Vegas, yep! Maybe I’ll go. I’m in California, so technically it’s close. Also, well, Vegas.

Good books. You missed erm, Hyde and Seek and Spencer from my end. Oh, and Never, Never part 2 is insane. takes about an hour to read, but still insane.

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 7:29 PM

I should say Anne was there, and she tried to save us, but Bev and I… well, there were zombies! We were scared!

Tessa May 18, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Oh, and Anne might have been the make up thief…

Michelle May 18, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Haha Amy, ‘zombified’ is now my new word for me without makeup and before coffee in the morning!

MichelleS, just saw Sorrow’s Peak by Jennifer Melzer is free…and for others book 1 which I LOVED especially if you are into fantasy is free too.

Shuttergirl caught my attention and yeah it does sound different. I think that’s my next read.

Stella May 18, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Argh!
I just finished Never Never Part 2.
Does anyone know when Part 3 will be out?!
Please tell me it’s no more than 3 parts.
:-/

MichelleS May 18, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Thank you Michelle! I just picked up Sorrow’s Peak. I loved Edgelanders. Filling up my beach reading bag. Yay me!!!

bev May 18, 2015 at 11:43 PM

Still reading The Sky is Every Where. Not that far but am invested. She is a very descriptive writer with some interesting characters. Sometimes this can get to be a little much. But other times it works really well. We will see how it goes.
I love this little bit when Lennie is watching Joe play his guitar. He wanted her to duet on her clarinet with him.
“In fact, I’m full on gawking, wondering what it would be like to be cool and casual and fearless and passionate and so freaking alive, just like he is—and for a split second, I want to play with him. I want to disturb the birds.”

Marit May 19, 2015 at 3:10 AM

You look awesome, Maryse! I’m 15% in to The Sordid Promise by Courtney Lane. Oh my, this is interesting. She’s a loner and he is HOT and scary!!! I have read the warnings about this book, but I had to click it :-) Have somebody read it?

bev May 19, 2015 at 3:38 AM

That moment you close the book, having read it in one sitting, and looking at the clock realize you’ve left yourself a little under 5 hrs of sleep. For an 8 .hr day. *sigh*

MichelleS May 19, 2015 at 7:34 AM

BEV! It says 3:38 am up there. What were you reading that kept you up so late? Must have been a good one.

MichelleS May 19, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Okay, never mind – if I had looked up one more comment I would have seen that you said you were reading The Sky is Every Where. So, you know my taste. Is this one for me???

bev May 19, 2015 at 9:42 AM

MichelleS, you are a bit a head of me in time.
I’m not sure. When I was reading it I thought Amy might like it. YA, first love, heroine making mixed up choices,but more on the feels than angst. I’d say try E&P first. And if you like (love) that you may like this. Library book for me and definitely not one I’d rec for you to try at this price. E&P yes, I think it is more universal.
*sigh* that was a ramble and not sure made sense.
But remember “I am a bear of very little brain.”

Tessa May 19, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Rude was a disappointment. It started out really cute, then I realized it was an MMF erotica. Nothing wrong with that, except it started out super cute and funny, but then got serious and overly quick and a potentially great story glossed over for extra steam. :-\ Ironically, if the story had been drawn out, especially before any steam, I know it could have been great.

bev May 19, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Not sure what is coming out today but my read for sure is going to be The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter.
Is it time to go home and curl up with my book yet?
Does anyone else have their next read lined up?

Julie May 19, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Finished Never Never part two last night. It was short but I’m so intrigued by this story!!

Amy May 19, 2015 at 1:15 PM

*tackles Tessa and tries to grab nail polish*

Give those–*grunt*–back!!

I’m with Bev…E&P is definitely worth paying a bit more than usual. ;) And ya know, I may give in and read Never, Never 1 and 2 before 3 comes out…but you’re all going to hear about it if I have a freak out!!

Amy May 19, 2015 at 1:15 PM

I said it before, and I’ll say it again…Vegas, you guys and RT would be crazy fun!!! :D

Tessa May 19, 2015 at 1:50 PM

*screams in horror* I lost all the polish! My precious! Noooo! Great! Now I have to use my own polish choices. NOT FAIR! Those were rightfully stolen!

Never Never was mental this time around. I have to re-read number two to figure out what my brain is trying to tell me.

RT Vegas = insanity. And drunkenness. And loss of money… FUN!

Oh, I’ve been reading Hate F*@k. I hate to say it, but I read the first two, and I even put oh, get where it’s going, and hrm, needs more. Now… I forgot it. Even as reading three, I got bored and had troubles remembering anything. So, full review… forgetful. *sighs*

I should really read Mermen or something. Anything I can actually remember the next month. :/

Amy May 19, 2015 at 3:13 PM

*snicker* Tessa got a Rude awakening with that book…

*cue collective groans and eye rolls*

Anne May 19, 2015 at 3:27 PM

I am here playong my precious makeup *my precious* (in the best Gollum voice lol)

Finished Hyde and Seek and really liked it! Talk about an alpha male! Its a 4/5 read for me.

Tessa thanks for the heads up about RUDE! I won’t be reading it now :)

I think I am going to read Remind Me by Ann Marie Walker.

Tessa May 19, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Sad thing is, it wasn’t the MMF because, *shrugs* It can be hot. It really was the story got lost. Also, now, I am in a reading funk.

Shane May 19, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Thanks Tessa, I almost bought Rude and yeah I drooled all over that…

MichelleS May 19, 2015 at 4:26 PM

I’m going to finish my book tonight and have nothing lined up. Come on people!! Need a rec. here. Maryse is MIA with all her RT recapping she is surely putting together for us (I sure hope she met CL Wilson – even if it was just to warn her about a potential stalker).

I know, I know Bev – I have actually downloaded E&P – I am saving it for Hawaii in June. It’s in my “beach reads” folder. Haven’t forgotten it.

I wish KA’s new one was out. She posted one line on FB and I am all hot and bothered now: “Steady, butterfly.” How dorky am I that this line has me all worked up?

Maryse May 19, 2015 at 5:07 PM

I MET CL WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE PICS!!!!!

Maryse May 19, 2015 at 5:08 PM

I said… OMG!!!! My friends are gonna FLIP. LOL! :P

MichelleS May 19, 2015 at 5:12 PM

“I MET CL WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE PICS!!!!!”

Did you all hear that? That was my high pitched scream followed by a loud thud when I hit the floor from fainting. No judging. I bet Maryse did the same thing when she first met Jamie McGuire. Cannot wait for the recap.

Michelle May 19, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Soooooo jealous you got to meet CL Wilson *fangirl squeal*! Cannot wait for pictures! MichelleS just breathe through it…deep breaths…

MichelleS May 19, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Poor C.L. Wilson has crazy-Michelle-book-ends…. twice the fan girl shenanigans.

Maryse May 19, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Makeup & nail polish stealing? AND an apocalypse? I gotta catch up on this disastrous fun!!! :P Backing up to read…

Tessa May 19, 2015 at 7:31 PM

*blinks innocently* Apocalypse? Nail Polish stealing? Pfft. I’ve no clue what you are talking about.

Amy May 19, 2015 at 8:31 PM

They did!!! *points at crew* they thought zombies got to me so…so…Fabi took my earrings and…and…Tessa took my polish and gave my makeup to Anne and…and…Cheryl took my makeup and polish too and…and…and…I tried to snuggle with Michelle but she thought I might be a zombie ’cause I had no makeup or polish on ’cause it was stolen…and…and…Bev and Tessa accused me of eating their brains!!!!!

bev May 19, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Oh the apocalypse. That happened on last Tuesday’s post on Sunday. Tessa & I may have let our imaginations run away with us trying to figure out why everyone had been MIA for the weekend. I loooove that you all joined in when you all showed up.

Tessa May 19, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Everyone helped make it more fun, that’s for sure. We got alcohol, books, coffee and make-up to look forward to if the apocalypse hits. Oh, and I never stole the make-up.

Anne May 20, 2015 at 12:11 AM

I stole the makeup *muahaha* lol