This is the last official “release day” of the year and it’s a good one!!! And I’m enjoying a VERY recent release (The Play) that is super-bargain priced right nowand rocking my world!! I can’t stop giggling and it’s so easy to swoon over the brooding, somewhat anti-social hero, since according to the author, Tom Hardy was his inspiration. Tom Hardy is my favorite! And Karina Halle is my favorite too. Or one of ’em but DEFINITELY a favorite! (P.S. Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s post! Ten Monday early bird book releases)
Archives for December 2015
Countdown to 2016 time!! Today’s “best of 2015” list belongs to MichelleS (one of our very own peanut-gallery-ers that has AWESOME book taste!!!) 😛 and from the looks of this amazing list below, she’s had a darn good reading year!
“Some of these weren’t released in 2015, obviously, but that’s when I finally got around to them. They were all amazing and I remember the details, and would reread them, which earns them 5 stars in my book.
So I notice a pattern: this was my year for great Sci-Fi / Post Apocalyptic reads? These were all recommended on your blog, Maryse, so thank you ladies for sharing your wonderful finds with me. 🙂
- It’s Monday but it still feels like a vacation. I LOVE the Holidays!!! Everyone is still so festive, most of us are on vacation, and we’re all gearing up for the next celebration and get togethers in just a few days!! YAY US!
- This Monday rocks ’cause just look at the latest book releases that went live “early” (yesterday and today…)
- And today will lead us into tomorrow which is going to be an awesome “official release day”!
Plus there are some super-bargains not to be missed (in fact I’m starting one of ’em today ’cause I’m totally in the mood for a Karina Halle book, and especially a rugby player that looks like Tom Hardy). YAY ME!!! 😀
MONDAY’S EARLY BIRD RELEASES:
- Break Even by Lisa De Jong <— MARRIED TO ONE & HAS A “BUSINESS” RELATIONSHIP WITH THE OTHER ALERT!!! Break Even by Lisa De Jong is LIVE and it sounds like one of those super-angsty, tumultuous, risqué love triangles! “One man wants to break me. The other is just trying to get even. Both are lying to me.“
- Promise Me Forever by Paige Weaver <— CONCLUSION TO THE SERIES ALERT! You guys!! Remember this series? Promise Me Forever by Paige Weaver just went live today! Angela says: “I was thinking about this series recently wondering what ever happened to it! I think I am going to go back and read from the beginning, I loved this series but it’s been a long time!”
- Hooked by Love (Bellevue Bullies Series Book 3) by Toni Aleo <— JUST RELEASED!! FAMOUS HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT! “We were so worried about what would happen if we fell, but we never thought what could happen in the process of falling. We never saw it coming. But it’s here, and the repercussions are not pretty.”
- Midnight Man (THE MIDNIGHT TRILOGY Book 1) by Lisa Marie Rice <— EX-NAVY SEAL ALERT!
- Resisting the Moon: A Royal Shifters Novel by L.P. DOVER
- Altered by Marnee Blake <— SCI-FI POST-APOCOLYPTIC (A waitress & a military guy are amongst the handful of survivors!!) Sounds amazing! “The sickness came on suddenly and violently. When it was done, waitress Blue Michaels was different in a really strange way. And the entire town of Glory was dead…except for her…“
- Last Wish by Erin Butler <— UNEXPECTED ROAD-TRIP BETWEEN STRANGERS ALERT? “…She’s got heavy secrets of her own, ones she hides from her friends—and lies about to herself. No matter how hard I try, I can’t resist her, and our unexpected road trip sure as hell isn’t helping my cause…”
- Dark Steel: A MC Romance Novel by Olivia Jones <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! “…Ryker swaggers in with that arrogant and cocky attitude. I’m like putty in his hands but terrified of the storm riding behind him. He’s a biker, and a criminal—all the signs scream stay away…“
- Forever (This Book 5) by J.B. McGee
- The Tao of Hockey (Vancouver Vice Book 1) by Melanie Ting <— HOCKEY START TRYING TO REBUILD HIS CAREER ALERT! “The one talent he hasn’t lost is his way with women. So he’s surprised to be turned down by a mysterious woman he meets in a bar. Eric finds himself pursuing her when he should be focusing on hockey…“
- The Assassin’s Blade: The Throne of Glass Novellas by Sarah J. Maas <— MUCH LOVED FANTASY SERIES and this one is on SALE TODAY!!! :D!!!!!!
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass series Book 1) by Sarah J. Maas <— And here’s book #1 that’s on super-sale, to!!!
- The Play by Karina Halle <— THE ONE I’M READING TODAY ALERT! One of my FAV authors ever and her latest release is super-bargain priced!! (P.S. He’s a scottish Rugby player that looks like Tom Hardy and rescues dogs!!!) Kimberly says: “Reading this now. Looooooooving it SO hard!!”
- Empty Net: An Assassins Novel (The Assassins Series Book 3) by Toni Aleo <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT! Also super-bargain priced today!
- Eversea (Eversea #1) by Natasha Boyd <— FALLING IN LOVE WITH A FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT!!! HUGELY POPULAR!! Now’s the time ’cause it’s super-bargain priced, too!
- Men Of Honor Series Box Set: Men Of Honor Series by K.C. Lynn <— EX-NAVY SEALS ALL SERIES-BUNDLED!! Whole series bundled and on super-bargain sale!!! Beverly says: “I am reading Resisting Temptation by K.C. Lynn, … Almost done and I have loved every part of it. It’s an easy 5*s for me. This is the third book in the Men of Honor series each featuring very sexy, alpha ex- Navy Seals. It can be read as a standalone though. So good!” and Theresa says: “Just checked her website, another Men of Honor coming and then 5 books in the spinoff. First spinoff if already out. I loved it too, stalking her tor next book.”
TOMORROW’S PRE-ORDERS (these are going live at Midnight? I THINK SO!! :D)
- Dirty Pleasures (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 2) by Meghan March – December 29th 2015
- Kill Without Mercy (Ares Security Book 1) by Alexandra Ivy – December 29th 2015
- Sway by Melanie Stanford – December 29th 2015
- Who We Were – by Kelly Elliott – December 29th 2015
- Iron & Bone (Lock & Key Book 3) by Cat Porter – December 29th 2015
- Thicker Than Water by by Brigid Kemmerer – December 29th 2015
- Smoldering Hunger: A Dark Kings Novel by Donna Grant – December 29th 2015
- Headed for Trouble by Shiloh Walker – December 29th 2015
- Between a Vamp and a Hard Place by Jessica Sims – December 29th 2015
- Untouchable Darkness (The Dark Ones Saga Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken – December 29th 2015
- First Touch: A Novel (A First and Last Novel) by Laurelin Paige – December 29th 2015
- Redemption by Kate Douglas – December 29th 2015
- Christmas from Hell: A Neighbor From Hell Novel by R.L. Mathewson – December 29th 2015
- After She’s Gone (West Coast Series Book 3) by Lisa Jackson – December 29th 2015
- Vengeance (The Captive Series, Book 6) by Erica Stevens – December 29th 2015
She has amazing book taste (she likes ’em gut-twisty, like we do, but she loves SO many that we haven’t read yet and that are TRIED-AND-TRUE AWESOMENESS!!!) She makes me laugh so hard, and I just find her SO DARN CLEVER with her witty repertoire, her insistence that I read her favorites and why (LOL on her comments!!!!). I wholeheartedly trust her. I just know if she loved it (for whatever reason… I will love it, too).
Remember that one, where she’s at a dance club with her friends, and she’s in love with a bad-boy (that’s just her friend) and all hell breaks loose? Full on apocalyptic type stuff where we are being attacked, and everyone is trying to escape and there’s no more cell service or electricity, and she and her friends and the guys she’s in love with have to walk all the way home (or wherever they are trying to get too) and crazy stuff happens to them. GAH!!! (my review)