Broadway Beans by Karen Cimms!! <— I dunno how I missed this one when it went live this year (considering he’s a famous actor and she’s a “normal girl” – the ultimate fantasy and I’m all over that!!) but I’m so thankful that the author is today’s newsletter sponsor, ’cause it’s right up our comedy romance alley!! And that title made me go… hrmmm? But it’s actually pretty clever since that’s what the coffee shop is called, where she works. 😉
P.S. There are quite a few amongst our crew that went crazy for another series by this author!! Remember that super-angsty rock star series Of Love and Madness? Yep!
Nay: Another I loved is Karen Cimms’ Of Love and Madness series. Some of the most wonderfully angsty books I’ve ever read, but those also handle some pretty heavy stuff…
Mind you, Broadway Beans has a totally different feel (comedy romance instead of heavy angst). We can all you some lighthearted chuckles and swoons, now, can’t we? 😛
What’s it about?
Aiden Winchester: Call it self-preservation, but I need to get out of Hollywood. My heart’s just been shredded by my longtime girlfriend. Worse yet, we have to pretend we’re still America’s sweethearts until after our next picture is released. With the next six months looking more like American Horror Story than a Lifetime channel love story, I’m heading east to make my stage debut.
Broadway, here I come.
Franky Marchesi: I love my close-knit Italian family. I’d probably love them a lot more if they weren’t in my face all the time. So when my best friend begs me to move into her Upper West Side brownstone—rent free—to take care of her new pup whenever she travels, I’d be crazy to say no. But while my living expenses are covered, I still need to make some money if I’m ever going to save enough for college. So with a little luck and no experience, I land a job as a barista at Broadway Beans, a coffee shop in the theater district. But on my first day, I almost kill the hottest guy I’ve ever seen. With a latte. Who knew making over-priced coffee could be so difficult?
It’s a hell of a great way to meet someone though.
A modern-day “Moonstruck,” BROADWAY BEANS is a friends-to-lovers romantic comedy.
- The character of Aiden Winchester is loosely based on my cover model, Andrew Biernat. Andrew is funny, has a beautiful heart, looks super-hot in glasses, and is an aspiring actor. As I got to know Andrew and his sense of humor, I found I was writing more of a romantic comedy by incorporating more of his personality. I was having so much fun, I ran with it.
- Franky Marchesi’s crazy and somewhat overbearing Italian family is loosely based on my own. Technically, I’m only half Italian, but I think even my father felt more Italian than Slovak around my mother’s family. It’s the culture I feel closest to, and although some may think Franky’s family seems stereotypical—trust me, it’s all true.
- While my Nonna didn’t curse like a sailor like Franky’s Nonna, she was kind and loving and made the best meatballs. There was always a pot of meatballs and sauce simmering on her stove, and she always gave me two in a bowl with a juice glass full of 7UP.
- My knowledge of Bali came from stalking model Mitchell Wick’s Instagram feed and then following up from there. (Gotta love the internet!)
- I currently live in the coal region of Pennsylvania. Years ago I wrote an article (I’ve been a journalist for more than 20 years) about a playwright who wrote a one-man play about a coal miner, so that’s where I got the idea to star Aiden in a Broadway show about working in the coal mines and the terrible conditions miners faced. The 1970 film “The Mollie Maguires,” starring Richard Harris and Sean Connery and based on a true story about these coal miners, was partially filmed in the town where I now live and where the trial and hanging took place.
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY !!
Karen Cimms is giving away a signed copy of Broadway Beans!!
How to enter for a chance to win it? Just leave a comment below and by 10pm EST, Sunday July 21st, 2019, I will randomly select one lucky commenter as the winner.
The winner will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond confirming their mailing address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. The signed book will be sent to the winner directly by the author.
Giveaway open to US!!!