Dope Sick Love IS LIVE and HOLY MOLY that cover!! And that BLURB!! Seriously… this one sounds like it will put us through the ringer. Total blurb jolt, so I’m thrilled that the author is celebrating her release day with us by sponsoring today’s newsletter, sending over a Five Fun Facts and giving away two ebooks!!
What’s it about? They had the perfect marriage. Ten years of bliss… until she discovers his secret.
Their marriage is one other couples either envy or aspire towards.
Life can’t get any better, but it can get worse. Insurmountably worse.
Hazel’s world is splintered when she finds out Bridger’s demons swirl in a small, glass pipe. They fill his lungs and his mind with empty promises of escape and happiness.
Truths are revealed and secret lives are brought to the surface as Hazel finds herself in the fight for Bridger’s life. She has to quickly learn to navigate life with a man she doesn’t recognize anymore
OH MY!!! This is something I haven’t read before. Marital strife is book-catnip to me, but this?? WHOA!!! I wanna read it bad!
5 Fun Facts About Dope Sick Love
1. I love, what I consider to be, “vintage” and “peculiar” names. It’s why I chose to name the main characters Hazel and Bridger. I am currently saving names for a paranormal series I hope to write one day. I can tell you now, they are wild names. I really wish I could name someone’s baby. Haha.
2. This is my first book in women’s fiction. Honestly, for me, this was the hardest book to slap a genre label on. When it pertains to books, I kind of hate labels. I’m in the minority, I know!
3. You’re going to love Mags and all her sass. She helps make tough situation rather comical. Mags still lives in my mind, adding commentary to everything I write. It’s so hard to ignore her quips and not include them. As much as some readers would love her to be, Mags can’t be in every book. Or can she? Hmmm…
4. Dope Sick Love is my third book, but it was the hardest for me to write. So hard, in fact, that it took me a year and a half. It was a therapeutic and healing experience. I feel, when we carry emotional baggage, it is better to face it. I faced it by writing this story, though the circumstances and relationships were changed. I promise my husband is NOT Bridger.
5. I wrote the entirety of this book while listening to…ASMR. It totally gets a bad rap! I’m a huge fan of the scratching. It really helped me to concentrate and write, what I consider to be, my best book yet. I grew A LOT with this book as an author, and I think that was due to a wonderful editor and ASMR.
Now for the giveaway!
The author says:
…the giveaway, I’d like to do 2 ebooks to kindle.
How to enter for a chance to win the set? Just leave a comment below (and better yet, let us know – if you have one – your most favorite tumultuous angsty book because of a secret) and by 10pm EST, Sunday, March 8th, 2020 I will randomly select two lucky commenters as the winners.
The winners will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond confirming their email address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. The ebooks will be sent to the winners directly by the author.
Giveaway open to International!!!