WEDNESDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! LOOKIT WHAT JUST WENT LIVE & ALREADY #15 on ALL of Amazon Kindle!! HOLY MOLY. The Brit by Jodi Ellen Malpas!!!! SHE’S TAKEN AS COLLATERAL!!! P.S. It IS a standalone!!! 😀
“…Rose Cassidy doesn’t truly live; she just exists. Numbing herself to fear and pain is the only way she can survive in this cruel world. So when she’s taken as collateral by the notorious Danny Black in a deadly game of power, she’s thrown by the deep fear she feels rising within her.
And, worse than fear, a profound desire. She’s heard tales of The Brit. He’s callous. Coldblooded. But no one ever said he was wickedly beautiful and darkly captivating…”
Carie: So excited to hear about a new release from Amy Harmon! Every single one of her books is amazing and usually soul crushing!!
BLURB JOLTS!! The Songbook of Benny Lament: A Novel (the latest by Amy Harmon and it sounds INCREDIBLE!!!!!) A Cursed Midlife (this one sounds hilarious!! In her 40s she’s just developed powers and struggling with all sorts of things like… “convincing her house that she isn’t selling it so it will stop scaring off any visitors...” <— 😂), Moonglow: Blood Magic Book 2 (a new one by L.H. Cosway but they have to be read in order), and The Dating Plan (Marriage of convenience!!! They both need to get married, and she’s his brother’s best friend… so why not? 😉 )
AND!!! TODAY’S BLASTS FROM THE PAST 😀 !!
- 7 years ago, this was my list! The next ten books on my TBR list. That is, if I can control my *squirreling* 😉
- 7 years ago, I went crazy for this trilogy conclusion!! Book Review – Lovely Trigger by R.K. Lilley
- 8 years ago, I wrote this!! The Intense Pleasure of a Romantic Build-Up (and what makes a book my favorite)…
- 9 years ago, I really enjoyed this one!! Book Review – The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst
And while you’re here, don’t forget to check these out:
- Samantha Chase’s “The Engagement Embargo” is live, and she’s our guest poster today!! <— Today’s newsletter sponsor!!
- Monday Early Bird Book Releases – 03-15-2021
- Reader Question – The book about the woman that fell in love with the ghost in her garden…
- Last Strand: An Elemental Assassin book by Jennifer Estep
- Wild Sign (Alpha and Omega Book 6) by Patricia Briggs
- Namesake: A Novel (Fable Book 2) by Adrienne Young
- Drown Her Sorrows (Bree Taggert Book 3) by Melinda Leigh
- Meant to Be: A Novel by Jude Deveraux
- The Songbook of Benny Lament: A Novel by Amy Harmon
- The Dating Plan by Sara Desai
- Hours to Kill (Homeland Heroes Book #3) by Susan Sleeman
- The Sweet Taste of Muscadines: A Novel by Pamela Terry
READER RECOMMENDATIONS & BARGAIN FINDS:
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Charity Case: The Complete Series by Piper Rayne <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “…These three women are the toughest juries they’ll ever have to plead their case to…”
- Possessed by Passion: A dark romance and paranormal collection <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT!!
- Shifter Agents: Shifter Affairs: Books 1-4 (Shifter World) by Nancy Corrigan <— BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!
- Broken Peak Pack Bundle: A Fated Mates Paranormal Shape Shifter Romance (Sentinels of the Silver Orb Book 1) by Jules Crisare <— 3 BOOK BUNDLE!!!
- The Right Wrong: A Hot Romantic Comedy by Michelle Mankin <— RECENT RELEASE!!! ROCK STAR ROMANCE ALERT!! “...Sierra Marshall is a single mom. Every day is a challenge as the sole parent to her wonderful five-year-old son Dylan. She’s a busy professional. Her life is complete, only not exactly. Since she had her heart broken as a teenager, a big part of her is asleep. She learned a hard lesson. Now she does her dreaming and dancing alone. His rock band is going out on tour, and she’s the new manager. His charmed world and her challenging one are about to clash…”
- Crazy Cat by Susan Fanetti <— JAN FOUND US THIS MMA ONE!!
Jan: Maryse I dunno if I missed it on your blog, but I noticed that there’s a new Susan Fanetti book came out a week or two ago. It’s called Crazy Cat and is the second in her new(ish) MMA series and looks good. The first book was very emotional.
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES:
- Wild Sign (Alpha and Omega Book 6) by Patricia Briggs <— PATRICIA BRIGGS ALERT!! EVERYONE’S GONE MISSING! “...Somehow, the pack of the Wolf Who Rules is connected to a group of vanished people. Werewolves Charles Cornick and Anna Latham are tasked with investigating, and soon find that a deserted town is the least of the challenges they face. Death sings in the forest, and when it calls, Charles and Anna must answer...”
- Last Strand: An Elemental Assassin book by Jennifer Estep <— IT THROWS HER FOR A LOOP! “...I’ve battled a lot of bad guys in my time, both as Gin Blanco and as the notorious assassin the Spider. But I’ve never faced off against anyone quite as powerful and deadly as the dastardly leader of the Circle secret society. Just when I finally have a lead on how I can defeat the evil group once and for all, new information comes to light that throws me for a loop...”
- Namesake: A Novel (Fable Book 2) by Adrienne Young <— FANTASY ROMANCE DUET CONCLUSION!! “…As Fable descends deeper into a world of betrayal and deception, she learns that the secrets her mother took to her grave are now putting the people Fable cares about in danger…”
- A Cursed Midlife: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction (Witching After Forty Book 2) by Lia Davis and L.A. Boruff <— HER NEW AWOKEN POWERS!! This one sounds so fun!! “…Necromancer trainee, book seller, novel writer Ava Harper is settling into her new life with friends and her houseguests. And she definitely isn’t thinking about a certain hunky sheriff who pops in unannounced at every turn. And mostly ignoring her devilish new neighbor, a lingering Christmas present from herself. She has bigger things to worry about. Like learning her newly woken powers. And convincing her house that she isn’t selling it so it will stop scaring off any visitors...”
- The Isle Of Sin And Shadows by Keri Lake <— SHE HAD TO ESCAPE TO AN ISOLATED PLACE… “…I found something I wasn’t looking for. Someone. A remedy for my loneliness. Or so I thought. Turns out, Thierry Bergeron is no elixir. He’s a deadly poison, cursed by the demons of his past, and feared by those who call him the elusive Rougarou of the bayou. A devious rogue, whose seductive whispers and rough hands haunt my dreams. The big bad wolf that defiles me without apology, or remorse. I should resist him, but I can’t.And when the shadows return to stake their claim on me, his darkness is the only safe place to hide...”
- Damaged Tiger’s Nanny (Dream Team Shifters Book 3) by Leela Ash
- Unwanted Appeal (Hidden Wolves Book 3) by Kaje Harper
- Moonglow: Blood Magic Book 2 by L.H. Cosway <— L.H. COSWAY ALERT!!! MUST BE READ IN ORDER! “…After six months in hiding, a familiar face walks into Tegan’s new life with a proposition. A little girl has been kidnapped and she’s the only one who can help rescue her. But there’s a catch. To rescue the girl, Tegan must return to the city she once called home and fool the vampire she’s been harbouring feelings for all this time...”
- Claiming His Grace: A Feral Breed Fight Club Novel by Ellis Leigh
- UNMATED: A Rejected Mate Shifter Paranormal Romance by Kiera Legend
- Humanity’s Endgame by Eve Langlais
- Fated: Koi and the Osprey (Pack of Brothers Book 6) by Hawke Oakley <— M/M ROMANCE!! “…Nishiki is a typical young alpha–except for the fact that he shifts into a koi fish, of all things, and that he didn’t awaken to his ability until he was a grown man. He barely knows anything about shifting or being an alpha, nevermind finding a mystical so-called ‘fated mate’ that his twin won’t stop prattling on about. When Nishiki decides to accept his inner koi by diving into the deep end, everything goes horribly wrong. He’s hooked by a bird of prey right out of the water. Just when Nishiki thinks he’s going to die, he realizes that bird is also a shifter–one who transforms into a gorgeous man who makes Nishiki’s heart skip a beat...”
- A Seer Among Shifters (Supernatural Underworld Book 1) by Lola Glass
- Marked For Death: A Dark Urban Fantasy Novel (Arbiters of Shadow Book 1) by Becca Blake
- Makeshift: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (The Hollow Book 1) by KH Helens
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES:
- The Songbook of Benny Lament: A Novel by Amy Harmon <— SONGWRITER TRYING TO AVOID THE MOB!! “…With his father’s deep ties to the mob, the Bronx piano man has learned that love and family can get you in trouble. So he keeps to himself, writing songs for other musicians, avoiding the spotlight…until the night his father brings him to see Esther Mine sing. Esther is a petite powerhouse with a gorgeous voice. And when Benny writes a hit song and performs it with her, their collaboration thrusts the duo onto the national stage…“
Michele G: Last night I finished Amy Harmon’s The Songbook of Benny Lament….again…what a story!!! I love Amy Harmon’s writing anyway, but this one was really something special! I highly recommend!
- Drown Her Sorrows (Bree Taggert Book 3) by Melinda Leigh
- Can’t Buy Me Love (Deep Haven Collection Book 2) by Susan May Warren and Andrea Christenson
- Win by Harlan Coben <— VIGILANTE ANTIHERO!!! “…Over twenty years ago, the heiress Patricia Lockwood was abducted during a robbery of her family’s estate, then locked inside an isolated cabin for months. Patricia escaped, but so did her captors — and the items stolen from her family were never recovered. Until now. On the Upper West Side, a recluse is found murdered in his penthouse apartment, alongside two objects of note: a stolen Vermeer painting and a leather suitcase bearing the initials WHL3. For the first time in years, the authorities have a lead — not only on Patricia’s kidnapping, but also on another FBI cold case — with the suitcase and painting both pointing them toward one man…”
- Meant to Be: A Novel by Jude Deveraux
- Wild Irish Sage (The Mystic Cove Series Book 10) by Tricia O’Malley
- It’s My Party: A Royal Romantic Comedy (Seven Brides for Seven Mothers Book 3) by Whitney Dineen
- Rough and Ready (More Than A Cowboy Book 2) by Vanessa Vale <— THE FIGHTER & HIS NEIGHBOR WHO’S RUNNING FROM HER PAST… “…Harper Lane’s running from a dangerous past, but no matter how hard she tries, it follows. This time, she’s not alone. She runs right into the arms of Reed. She’s his now. His to protect. His to save. To do so, he’ll have to return to the life he’s left behind...”
- Working Out West (Polished P & P Book 3) by Lila Rose <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Coaching the Nerd: An Opposites Attract, Campus MM Romance (Nerds vs Jocks) by Eli Easton and Tara Lain <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Little (99 Daddies Book 5) by Casey Cox <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Forever Summer: (Beachcomber Inn Book 1) (Sweetbriar Cove 15) by Melody Grace
- What a Tangled Web (A Tangle Valley Romance) by Melissa Brayden
- The Dating Plan by Sara Desai <— MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE!! “…Daisy Patel is a software engineer who understands lists and logic better than bosses and boyfriends. With her life all planned out, and no interest in love, the one thing she can’t give her family is the marriage they expect. Left with few options, she asks her childhood crush to be her decoy fiancé. Liam Murphy is a venture capitalist with something to prove. When he learns that his inheritance is contingent on being married, he realizes his best friend’s little sister has the perfect solution to his problem…”
- A Dangerous Pursuit (Regency Spies & Secrets Book 1) by Laura Beers <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!!
- Never Disregard a Wallflower (The Neverhartts Book 2) by Dawn Brower <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!!
- To Have a Highland Thief (Wicked Highland Misfits Book 1) by Lori Ann Bailey <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!!
- Forged by Secrets (Deadly Isles Special Ops Book 3) by Amy McKinley <— SHE’S CRUSHING ON A NAVY SEAL “…Malina Johansson is an analyst for the Navy SEALs and working with her high school crush, Tyler. He’s tempting as hell, but not relationship material. One night of drinking in Vegas is all it takes for her guard to drop, and to fall into his arms. Back home and with her walls firmly in place to protect her heart, she avoids office encounters with Tyler...”
- Bonaparte’s Belle: A SEALs of Honor World Novel (Heroes for Hire Book 24) by Dale Mayer
- Sweet Ride: a BBW romance (Men of Valor MC) by Megan Wade
- Hot SEAL, Charmed by Parker Kincade
- Holding You Close (Noah & Katie duet #2) (Ex-Con Duet Series Book 4) by Kennedy Fox <— DUET CONCLUSION! “…After serving a decade long prison sentence for an accident that resulted in my husband’s death, Noah Reid returns. Even if he was my childhood best friend and the first man I secretly loved, I refuse to make it easy for him. But the heart never forgets and those old repressed feelings quickly bubble to the surface…”
- His Secret To Surrender (Love, Lies and Little Secrets Book 1) by Cindy Gerard
- Someone to Love (Pride Oregon Book 10) by Jill Sanders
- Hours to Kill (Homeland Heroes Book #3) by Susan Sleeman
- X: Command Me through Alexander’s Eyes (Royals Saga) by Geneva Lee
- Spicy Pickle: A Fake Engagement Romantic Comedy by JJ Knight <— FAKE FIANCE ALERT!! “...All right. Here’s how it went. My pickle went viral. Millions saw it. Thousands ate it. Hold up, pervs. Let me backtrack. I invented a very spicy pickle made with ghost peppers. One bite and you’ll swear someone stuffed a hot coal in your mouth. It’s extremely popular in pranks. I’m in the middle of filming with a prominent cooking show when in walks Little Miss Perfect Pants from a rival deli to insist she has improvements for my pickle. It all goes downhill from there…”
- The Biker’s Lucky Charm (Royal Bastards MC: Charleston, WV Book 5) by Glenna Maynard
- Finding Cooper (Once Upon a Funeral Book 1) by Elle Wright
- Me and the Helpful Hurricane (Sweet, Small Town Romantic Comedy in Good Grief, Idaho Book 3) by Jessie Gussman
- Risks of Temptation: A Military Romance (Behind Closed Doors Book 6) by Maggie Cole
- The Irresistible Irishman: For St. Patricks Day (A Holiday Springs novel) by MJ Fields and Jessica Ruben <— ONE NIGHT STAND BECOMES HER NEW BOSS ALERT!! “...One crazy and wild night later, my libido was officially jumpstarted. Since then, everything has changed for the better- or so I thought. I had a great new job and my own cozy apartment. What I didn’t expect? That same irresistible Irishman to become my new boss...”
- Next Exit Home by Dena Blake
- Payment: A Dark Mafia Romance by Olivia Ashers
- The Lakeside Inn: A Sweet Small Town Romance (Return to Sapphire Bay Book 1) by Leeanna Morgan
- One More Chance (Romeo Family Romance Book 11) by Jennifer Youngblood
- Under Pressure (Lessons Learned Book 1) by Allie Winters <— SHE’S PAIRED WITH HIM & SHE HAS A SECRET CRUSH ON HIM! “…when she gets an opportunity to run a psychology study to help her get into grad school, it should be no problem dealing with the prickly guy she suddenly finds herself paired with. The one she had a secret crush on last year. The one who refuses to let anyone close. The one she’s discovering by the day may have a softer side than he lets anyone else see…”
- Show Me a Family for Christmas : Small-Town Single-Father Cowboy Romance (Cowboy Crossing Romances Book 6) by Alexa Verde
- Bad Case of Loving You: A Rescue My Heart Prequel by Kait Nolan
- 316 Rose Rd. (A Cherry Falls Romance Book 11) by Frankie Love
- The Billionaire’s Last Night: A Copperfield Enterprises Story Part 1 (The Copperfield Enterprises Series) by Amy Jones
- Havoc: MC Romance Innocent Girl (Wicked Kings New York 2) (Wicked Kings MC New York) by Autumn Summers <— SHE’S FURIOUS WITH HIM! “…I moved to New York City thinking the Big Apple would make me a star, but boy did I quickly learn that the entertainment industry is full of sleazeballs! I can’t go back to suburban Connecticut, so I decided to put my talents to good use and start stripping. Not something I’d normally do, but having a group of loyal bikers protecting you, severely reduces the occupational hazards. The MC is more loyal and caring than any friends or family I’ve ever known, they’ve become my real family. Heck if I could get hitched to one of these sexy, alpha bikers, I won’t ever have to strip again. I thought I found the right one, that is until he put me in the most terrifying position of my life…”
- Ruthless Riches: A Dark Captive Romance (Cruel Kingdom Book 3) by Stella Hart
- True North by Jennifer Watts <— SHE’S ON THE RUN FROM AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP!! “...the first order of business is to keep a low profile, but that’s hard to do when she immediately catches the attention of the local cop—twice in the same day. Sergeant Nick Brand has put his life of high-stress police work behind him to settle down in his home territory, and the last thing he needs is a gorgeous but mysterious raven-haired beauty bringing drama to his town. The two soon realize that they have more in common then known…”
- Embers of Hope (Winds of Change Book 2) by Kristen M. Fraser
- Plum’s Priest Daddy (Clover City Littles Book 4) by Honey Meyer
- Make Me Miss You: A Friends To Lovers Romance ((in love with) My Big Brother’s Best Friend Book 2) by Gabrielle Snow
- Drag Me Up: Gods of Hunger Book 1 by R.M. Virtues <— SHE LANDED A RESIDENCY AT THE CASINO HOTEL! “…Landing a residency at the legendary Casino Asphodel is everything she trained for. Meeting a man she’d been convinced didn’t exist? She could never be prepared for that. Hades isn’t prepared for her either, but it’s soon evident they’re a force when together. He gives her a soft place to land, and she makes him want to reach for the stars. But when Zeus ups the stakes, they must be willing to go all in, even if it means coming down from the sky. Or stepping into the light...”
- Find me in Serenity: Book 2 by Clara Cruise
- Running Into Trouble: An Age-gap Romance by Anastasia Austin
- Running from Royalty by Sheryl Nantus
- Absolution (Road Kings And Underworlds Book 1) by Mary B. Moore <—BRATVA & THE MC PRINCESS ALERT! HE’S FORCED TO BREAK HER HEART!! “…She might be the princess of an MC, but she’s been sheltered from the ugliness of both of our worlds, living life with as much freedom as someone in her position can have. Now, for the first time in my life, my loyalty is divided, but I still have to choose my family because it’s what will keep her safe. I have to break her heart to keep it beating…”
- Altered Perception: An Amatory Spin-off Novel by H.J. Marshall
- Reluctantly Romanced (The Barrington Billionaires, Book 10) by Ruth Cardello
- One Stormy Night (Her Journey Book 1) by Sofia Sawyer <— HER BOSS WANTS HER BACK & NOW THEY’RE STRANDED TOGETHER! “...Feeling abandoned and lost without the woman who kept his life running like a well-oiled machine, he chases after her to bring her back. When he arrives in the island village, Charlie is outraged at the invasion of her privacy and disgusted by his lack of boundaries. But amid a heated argument, they miss the last ferry off the island, stranding them in the storm of the century. Seeking shelter in the crumbling cottage, Charlie and Lachlan fight for survival, while wrestling a surge of newfound attraction…”
- Crash and Burn (Wildfire Hearts Book 1) by Savannah Kade
- Beachfront Inheritance (Solomons Island Book 1) by Michele Gilcrest
- The Sweet Taste of Muscadines: A Novel by Pamela Terry <— TASHA J FOUND US THIS ONE!! THEY OVERTURN THEIR FAMILY’S HISTORY!! “A woman returns to her small southern hometown in the wake of her mother’s sudden death—only to find the past upended by stunning family secrets—in this intimate debut novel, written with deep compassion and sharp wit.”
Tasha J: there’s another I just added to my tbr based on a review that sold me, I hadn’t seen it circulating or anything, but it’s The Sweet Taste of Muscadines by Pamela Terry.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Hard to Lose (The Play Hard Series Book 4) by K. Bromberg – March 17th 2021
- Arrogant Officer by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette – March 21st 2021
- Dark Alpha’s Obsession: A Reaper Novel by Donna Grant – March 22nd 2021
- Wild Rebel (Dirty Wild Book 1) by Laurelin Paige – March 23rd 2021
- Autumn Night Whiskey (Tequila Rose Book 2) by Willow Winters – March 23rd 2021
- One More Time by Aurora Rose Reynolds – March 23rd 2021
- Family Skeletons: A Paranormal Military Romance by Josie Malone – March 23rd 2021
- Eternal by Lisa Scottoline – March 23rd 2021
- The Last One Home by Victoria Helen Stone – March 23rd 2021
- Every Vow You Break: A Novel by Peter Swanson – March 23rd 2021
- The Last Writer: A Domestic Thriller by Adriane Leigh – March 23rd 2021
- The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil Book 3) by Sawyer Bennett – March 23rd 2021
- The Winter Before by Karen Crompton – March 25th 2021
- Shift of Morals: An MM Shifter Romance (Kingdom of Wolves Book 5) by K Webster – March 26th 2021
- Montana Mavericks: a hot cowboy collection by Rebecca Zanetti – March 30th 2021
- No Way Out by Fern Michaels – March 30th 2021
- The Three Mrs. Greys by Shelly Ellis – March 30th 2021
- Rule of Wolves (King of Scars Duology Book 2) by Leigh Bardugo – March 30th 2021
- Wilde Child: Wildes of Lindow Castle by Eloisa James – March 30th 2021
- The Rebel by Kendall Ryan – March 30th 2021
- Watch Me Burn (Elements of the Heart Book 2) by C.E. Johnson – March 30th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!