<—- WEDNESDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! Are you on PINS & NEEDLES WAITING FOR Meagan Brandy’s “Reign of Brayshaw“??? STALKING IT?? 😲😬 IT IS LIVE ON AMAZON!!!!! Relief is finally here. P.S. Here’s the reading order.
Tessa: Boys of Brayshaw High, hands down. Everything I want in a book, right there. 🙂
Lisa M: Omg I just finished Boys of Brayshaw High!! So good total Fallen Crest & Elite series feel. Such a cliffy can wait for the next one!!! I want it now!!!
Tasha J: I finished Trouble at Brayshaw. My last thoughts? WTH!! I thought it would be the last one gosh darn it! And I don’t even have a clue when the next will be. And will that be the last one?!!! I need answers!!! This is why I don’t invest in series anymore. I don’t have the patience. It’s the most frustrating- *punches air*
HAPPY TUESDAY NEW RELEASE DAY & HAPPY OCTOBER!! 😀 October kicks off with a bang considering the crazy-awesome sounding paranormal/fantasy books that just went LIVE today!! Like that one to the left (and we already have feedback for it). But that’s not all…
BLURB JOLTS? Yup! Imaginary Friend (she’s in hiding from her abusive ex, in a new town and her young son comes back from the woods with a mission… eeeeep!) The Broken One (The billionaire finds a little girl’s stuffed animal… leading him back to a single mom), The Shape of Night (psych-thriller/romance?? She rents a house and falls in love with a ghost – oh this sounds goooooood), Fighter’s Kiss (her new boss is a married MMA champion… and she is pining hard!), Ninth House (mysterious benefactors paying her way to Yale, so she can monitor their secret societies...), Claim Me (the rock star and the single mom!!), War of Hearts (the latest by Samantha Young!! Michelle Loved it saying: “It was chock full of violence and sex …hence the “adult” classification…a super fun read!”)
While you’re here, if you missed these, check out:
- AMAZON FIRST READS!!! <— OCTOBER’S ARE LIVE!!! Which one did you choose? I chose “The Puzzle of You” 😀
- Kristen Granata’s “Hating The Boss” is LIVE and she’s giving away a signed copy!! <— comment on the blog post to enter.
- Monday Early Bird Book Releases – 09-30-2019 <— yesterday’s (including one by Jewel E. Ann!!!)
- Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations List <— In case you missed it, this list was HUGE!!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has a “Romance” package membership (30 day free trial)– this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons)!!
- The Shape of Night: A Novel by Tess Gerritsen
- Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
- Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- Full Throttle: Stories by Joe Hill
- The End and Other Beginnings: Stories from the Future by Veronica Roth
- Daughters of Nri by Reni K. Amayo
- The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith
- The Broken One: Corisi Billionaires, Book 1 by Ruth Cardello
- Dark Ambitions: Code of Honor, Book 3 by Irene Hannon
- A SEAL’s Desire: SEALs of Chance Creek Series, Book 8 by Cora Seton
- Aurora Blazing: A Novel: The Consortium Rebellion, Book 2 by Jessie Mihalik
- Hidden Cove: Solace Island Series, Book 3 by Meg Tilly
READER RECOMMENDATIONS & BARGAIN FINDS:
- The Stopover (The Miles High Club) by T.L. Swan <— T.L. SWAN RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! Susan recommends this one!
Susan: Maryse, I feel you your pain on Park Avenue Player. So good. When you finish you should start T L Swan’s Stopover. It’s another page turner. Loved it too!!
- Born of Darkness: A Hunter Legacy Novel (Midnight Breed Hunter Legacy Book 1) by Lara Adrian <— LARA ADRIAN SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Caroline found it for us!
Caroline: Lara Adrian Super sale …in book one and book two is available in kindle unlimited
- THE ISLAND: A Romance Novel by Daya Daniels <— OMG ROMANCE ANGST ALERT!!! Eeeeeeep!! And it’s BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Nancy gave it a try and she’s LOVING IT!!
Nancy: Last week you posted a new release with a blurb!! It was: THE ISLAND: A Romance Novel by Daya Daniela. I started reading last night & only 25% through, but hooked already!
It is not a love triangle but a love square. The two husbands are best-friends who have started a business together. It has grown into a multi-billionaire success. Their wives are also the best of friends. They are all friends, but one couple gets stranded on an island & they are not the couple that are married to each other. UGH!
Maryse: OMG THE ANGST!!!!!!!!! Totally my thing. YAY!!! Thank you Nancy. 😀
- Storm Princess Saga: The Complete Series by Everly Frost and Jaymin Eve <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! For fans of epic tales of forbidden love, heart-pumping battles, and thrilling suspense.This set includes all three books in The Storm Princess series plus over thirty exclusive bonus scenes and an exclusive life after story.
- Once Upon a Christmas Past: A Historical Romance Holiday Collection <— BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!! “…NY Times & USA Today & Bestselling Authors present – Once Upon a Christmas Past – 4 full books of Christmas and Love…”
- Once Upon a Christmas: Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Tales <— SUPER-BARGAIN ANTHOLOGY!! “…Embrace the magic of the Christmas season with these contemporary twists on timeless tales…”
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES:
- Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky <— HORROR!!! She’s on the run with her young son, from an abusive relationship… “...At first, it seems like the perfect place to finally settle down. Then Christopher vanishes. For six awful days, no one can find him. Until Christopher emerges from the woods at the edge of town, unharmed but not unchanged. He returns with a voice in his head only he can hear, with a mission only he can complete: Build a tree house in the woods by Christmas, or his mother and everyone in the town will never be the same again…”
- Mated to the Alien Warrior: Book One in the Xillian Rebellion (An Alien Abduction Romance Series) by Maia Tanith
- Academy of the Elites: Untamed Magic by Alexis Calder
- Happily Ever Crowned: An Underworld Royal Tale (Underworld Royals Book 1) by Lexi C. Foss & Anna Edwards <— HER HUSBAND WANTS TO DESTROY HER… “…My husband wants to debase me. To break me. To destroy my spirit. To possess every inch of my soul through acts so heinous, I can hardly breathe. And he’s using six men to do it. Including him. Adrik, Prince of Noxia…”
- Suckerpunch (Hockey Gods and Monsters Book 1) by Elyse Springer
- Aurora Blazing: A Novel (The Consortium Rebellion Book 2) by Jessie Mihalik
- Chosen: A Paranormal Shifter Romance Novel (Crescent City Wolves Series Book 3) by Bella Night
- The Blessed Undead (Return to Sleepy Hollow Book 2) by Candace Wondrak
- The End and Other Beginnings: Stories from the Future by Veronica Roth <— VERONICA ROTH ALERT!! A COLLECTION OF NOVELLAS… “…No world is like the other. Within this masterful collection, each setting is more strange and wonderful than the last, brimming with new technologies and beings. And yet, for all the advances in these futuristic lands, the people still must confront deeply human problems. In these six stories, Veronica Roth reaches into the unknown and draws forth something startlingly familiar and profoundly beautiful…”
- The Prism City (Kingdoms of Oz Book 3) by Carrie Whitethorne
- Rise of the Blood Lust by Ashley Zakrzewski
- Full Throttle: Stories by Joe Hill <— JOE HILL (STEPHEN KING’S SON ALERT!!) “...In this masterful collection of short fiction, Joe Hill dissects timeless human struggles in thirteen relentless tales of supernatural suspense, including “In The Tall Grass,” one of two stories co-written with Stephen King and the basis for the terrifying feature film from Netflix…“
- Playing With Fire (Komodo Security Series Book 1) by Margaret Madigan
- Wake Me Up: A Paranormal Romance (The Brothers Salem Book 3) by Elizabeth Cole
- The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith <— HER MAGIC HAS BEEN WEAKENED… “...after breaking the spell that confined her to the shallows of a marshland and weakened her magic, Elena is struggling to return to her former life. And the vineyard she was destined to inherit is now in the possession of a handsome stranger. Vigneron Jean-Paul Martel naively favors science over superstition, and he certainly doesn’t endorse the locals’ belief in witches. But Elena knows a hex when she sees one, and the vineyard is covered in them...”
- Daughters of Nri: The Return of the Earth Mother series by Reni K Amayo <— FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT!! “…A gruesome war results in the old gods’ departure from earth. The only remnants of their existence lie in two girls. Twins, separated at birth. Goddesses who grow up believing that they are human. Daughters Of Nri explores their epic journey of self-discovery as they embark on a path back to one another...”
- Hunter: Immortals of New Orleans, Book 10 by Kym Grosso
- Ripples & Waves: A Queer Retelling of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Little Mermaid by L.A. Witt <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Shape of Night: A Novel by Tess Gerritsen <— PSYCH-THRILLER/IN LOVE WITH A GHOST ALERT!! She rents an old house… “…Rumor has it that Captain Jeremiah Brodie has haunted the house for more than a century. One night, Ava confronts the apparition, who feels all too real, and who welcomes her into his world—and into his arms. Even as Ava questions her own sanity, she eagerly looks forward to the captain’s ghostly visits. But she soon learns that the house she loves comes with a terrible secret, a secret that those in the village don’t want to reveal: Every woman who has ever lived in Brodie’s Watch has also died there...”
- My Dragon Mate (Broken Souls 3) by Alisa Woods
- Alien Rogue’s Captive: A Sci-Fi Alien Romance (Kenorian Warriors Book 1) by Viki Storm
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo <— NEW ADULT/FANTASY HORROR ALERT!! She’s invited to attend Yale… “…at her hospital bed, Alex is offered a second chance: to attend one of the world’s most prestigious universities on a full ride. What’s the catch, and why her? Still searching for answers, Alex arrives in New Haven tasked by her mysterious benefactors with monitoring the activities of Yale’s secret societies. Their eight windowless “tombs” are the well-known haunts of the rich and powerful, from high-ranking politicos to Wall Street’s biggest players. But their occult activities are more sinister and more extraordinary than any paranoid imagination might conceive. They tamper with forbidden magic...”
- War of Hearts: A True Immortality Novel by S. Young <— STEAMY SHIFTER BOOK & MICHELE G LOVED IT!!!
Michele G: I finished A War of Heart by S. Young last week (it releases tomorrow). Samantha Young’s jump to adult paranormal romance and I loved it.
It was primarily a werewolf book, even though other paranormal beings were included too…some vamps, etc. There wasn’t really anything too surprising in it, but I felt like it was well done. It was chock full of violence and sex …hence the “adult” classification…a super fun read!
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES:
- White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet Book 2) by Meghan March <— MEGHAN MARCH DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!! “…White Knight is the second book in the Dirty Mafia Duet and should be read after Black Sheep, book one…”
- FACTORY GIRL: part 4 of 6 by Stephanie Bond
- The Inn at Holiday Bay: Pilgrim in the Parlor by Kathi Daley
- Displaced by Jennifer For <— JENNIFER FOOR THRILLER ALERT!!! She hates her new school and creepy house and her new life... “…My only focus is to graduate and get as far away from this place as possible. Garver Brawns is rude and egotistical, and pretty much the biggest distraction a girl could ask for. He has secrets he refuses to share. As our friendship intensifies to something more, I begin to suspect he has ulterior motives for wanting to get close to me…“
- Hidden Cove (Solace Island Series Book 3) by Meg Tilly
- Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory <— JASMINE GUILLORY ALERT!! I think I remember reading that she said she was inspired by Meghan Markle’s mom for this one!! 😀 “…Vivian Forest has been out of the country a grand total of one time, so when she gets the chance to tag along on her daughter Maddie’s work trip to England to style a royal family member, she can’t refuse. She’s excited to spend the holidays taking in the magnificent British sights, but what she doesn’t expect is to become instantly attracted to a certain private secretary, his charming accent, and unyielding formality...”
- Daddy’s Sweet Girl (Montana Daddies Book 3) by Laylah Roberts
- My Fair Spinster (The Spinster Chronicles, Book 4) by Rebecca Connolly
- The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires Book 1) by Ruth Cardello <— RUTH CARDELLO SINGLE MOM & THE BILLIONAIRE ALERT!! “…Single mom Heather Ellis would do anything for her adopted daughter, Ava. Even post an online reward for anyone who found the girl’s lost stuffed animal. Who’d have guessed it’d be returned by a drop-dead-sexy man with such sadness in his eyes that she had to reach out to him? To Ava, he’s a hero. To Heather, he’s a fantasy that puts at risk the happy life she’s made for herself...”
- Tell Me to Stay by Charlotte Byrd <— MUST BE READ IN ORDER!! “…Nicholas Crawford made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. He is dangerous and damaged but so am I. Our relationship is an addiction that we have to feed…”
- Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology (Collection), Volume 3 <— M/M ROMANCE ANTHOLOGY!! “Join some of your favorite authors of gay romance as they bring you sixteen brand-new stories inspired by reader suggestions! Once again, all proceeds from this collection will go to the authors’ favorite LGBTQ charities, to ensure that love in all its forms will be celebrated and protected every single day of the year!“
- Hunting Blackbeard (Lost Treasures Book 2) by Pandora Pine <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Crave For Me: Firefighter Bad Boy Romance by Rayman Black and Jacob Allen
- Suspect in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries Book 10) by Gemma Halliday
- A Mrs. Miracle Christmas: A Novel by Debbie Macomber
- The Risk: A High School Bully Romance (Kings of Linwood Academy Book 3) by Callie Rose <— REVERSE HAREM BULLY TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!! “…***AUTHOR’S NOTE: The Risk is a reverse harem high school bully romance, the final book in the Kings of Linwood Academy trilogy. It contains cursing and sexual situations…”
- Stealing Home: A Second Chance Baseball Romance (Dallas Longhorns Book 1) by Tara Wyatt
- Bad Mother’s Christmas: Laugh your socks off comedy romance for the festive season by Suzy K Quinn <— BLENDED FAMILY CHRISTMAS PARTY!! “…I will do anything for my little girl. Even spend Christmas with her father … Life comes with its knocks. And sometimes, ‘you had a baby with a man-child’ knock-out punches. But I’m still getting up and showing up and against all the odds, I’m engaged to be married…” P.S. It can be read as a standalone.
- Wrapped Up In Christmas: An uplifting small-town romance from Hallmark Publishing by Janice Lynn
- Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor Book #3) by Irene Hannon
- A SEAL’s Desire (SEALs of Chance Creek Book 8) by Cora Seton
- To Promise (The McNallys Book 6) by Laura Scott
- Who Breaks First: A New Adult Bully Romance (Clearwater University Book 1) by Eva Ashwood <— REVERSE HAREM BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!! They made her life hell in high school… “…when I’m offered a full-ride scholarship to the prestigious Clearwater University, I refuse to let old fears stop me from accepting. Because I’m not the girl I used to be. I’m stronger. Tougher. Angrier…”
- Skank: A Dark College Bully Romance (Hillcrest University Book 3) by Candace Wondrak <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! “The truth is a bitch, and it cuts like a knife in the gut. This is my unraveling.“
- Ryder (Scandal U Book 1) by R. Linda
- The Enemy Series by M.E. Clayton <— BULLY ROMANCE SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “Warning: While these stories contain HEAs, they are dark romance, bully reads. They contains triggers and can be offensive to some readers. Please do not purchase if sensitive to such materials.”
- Engaging the Enemy (The Enemy Series Book 2) by M.E. Clayton
- Battling the Enemy (The Enemy Series Book 3) by M.E. Clayton
- Provoking the Enemy (The Enemy Series Book 4) by M.E. Clayton
- Loving the Enemy (The Enemy Series Book 5) by M.E. Clayton
- The Heavier The Chains… by M.E. Clayton <— NOTHING WILL STOP HIM FROM POSSESSING HER… “…Kenzlee is, suddenly, faced with a new life, and that new life includes a new school, new friends, and a new future. Luckily, she has her cousin, Alexandria, to help see her through her final year of high school. However, all that changes when Kenzlee accidentally runs into Talon Draven and her life is upended, once again. But this time, even Alexandria can’t help her...”
- Fair Catch (Men of Fall Book 2) by S.R. Grey
- Harlequin Dare October 2019 Box Set
- Signal 41: Saving Carson (The Signal Series Book 1) by LC Taylor
- Fighter’s Kiss: An enemies-to-lovers MMA romance (Irish Kiss Book 3) by Sienna Blake <— MARRIED MMA CHAMPION!! “…World #1 MMA Champion. Broad shoulders, perfect eight pack and the temper of a bull. Still recovering from a car accident that broke his body. Still married to the cheating supermodel bitch who broke his heart. …My new boss…”
- Off Limits (Playboys of New York Book 1) by JA Low <— HER ONE NIGHT STAND IS HER NEW BOSS!!
- Indiscreet (GIRL GEAR Book 6) by Alison Kent
- Claim Me (Vindicated Series Book 3) by Alison Stephanie <— ROCK STAR & THE SINGLE MOM ALERT!! “…Harley Rodgers, Step-sister to lead singer Rex Hunter, is a single mom still learning the ropes in her new world alone without her mother and her new addition to her family, her son, Max. When Jax lays his eyes on her, she’s shook up…”
- A Witch’s Tale (Eden Prairie) by Judy Kentrus
- Nailing the Hit Man (Lipstick and Lead 2.0 Book 1) by Sylvia McDaniel
- One Complicated Christmas (Christmas Mountain Clean Romance Book 5) by Ciara Knight
- Family Affairs (The Fitzgerald Family Series Book 1) by Pamela G.Hobbs
- Honey and the Hitman by Hannah Murray <— CONTRACT KILLER WANTS A NORMAL LIFE IN A SMALL TOWN… “…She has her friends, her community, and her big, goofy dog to keep her warm at night. And that’s enough, at least until Ethan comes along. He’s hot and funny, and the air fairly crackles with sexual tension whenever they’re in the same room. But even though she knows he feels it too, he seems to go out of his way to get out of her way as quickly as possible. Because Ethan has resolved to stay uninvolved—after all, retired killers don’t get picket fences and happily ever afters…”
- Nowhere Left to Run (The Nowhere Trilogy Book 2) by Kat Mizera
- Knocked Up by Prince Charming: An Accidental Pregnancy Romance (Knocked Up Royals Book 1) by Lilian Monroe
- Royally Abandoned by Kelsey McKnight and Sarah Fischer
- Christmas in July: screenplay by Jay Asher
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- All I Do (Paradise Beach Book 3) by Tamara Lush – October 4th 2019
- Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers Book 7) by Penny Reid – October 7th 2019
- Losing Manhattan (Naked in New York Book 1) by Peyton James – October 7th 2019
- The Play (Briar U Book 3) by Elle Kennedy – October 7th 2019
- Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow Series) by Molly Harper – October 7th 2019
- Reveal Me (#5.5) by Tahereh Mafi – expected release date October 8th 2019
- Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery Book 1) by Carla Sorenson – October 8th 2019
- The Beautiful by Renée Ahdieh – October 8th 2019
The Giver of Stars: A Novel by Jojo Moyes – October 8th 2019
- What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand – October 8th 2019
- Getting Played (Getting Some Book 2) by Emma Chase – October 8th 2019
- Winter King: Steamy Fantasy Romance (The Wyth Courts Book 1) by JS Dark – October 9th 2019
- Finally Yours (Love & Wine Book 1) by Claire Raye – October 10th 2019
- Twisted Marriage by Alessandra Torre – October 10th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).