I wanna tell you about a crazy BOOK dream I had (but the details – or should I say the ecstatic feelings – are now dimming – darnit!!) In my dream, it was actually a brand new Kristen Ashley book that I was reading and it had me FREAKING OUT!!
If you just wanna get to the “FRIDAY BOOK FINDS” below, just skip this next part of me rambling about my dream and scroll down to the good stuff!!. 😛
Okay so… It was action packed and kind of scary (of course bad guys!!!), and in my head it was playing out like a movie, and I was losing my breath at some of the predicaments the heroine found herself in (so scary!!) and yet the Hero seemed like he was invincible and he was just SO good at saving her. At one point, they jettisoned across between two building using some kind of wire or cable (I was screaming… I mean… the heroine was screaming the whole way across).
Also there was something about candles and maybe a fire or an explosion? Dunno. *shrug*
Anyway… I could feel how INTO HIM she was and so in love (and kind of scared of him), but he didn’t seem to be into her at all. Kind of annoyed by her that she was always hanging around his group. Oh yeah!! And they were a group of biker men… all of them bad-asses… And a few times in my dream I WAS the heroine that was in danger (so I was feeling that fear AND I was feeling that unrequited love).
AND THEN… it had the most amazing jaw dropping twist ending that made me freak out wanting to shout it from the rooftops – I was ready to warn everyone it was a cliffhanger but to READ IT ANYWAY ‘cause it was SO worth getting that part, because if there was a part two it would be completely different!!! It was JUST. SO. CLEVER.
Er… well, at least in my dream, I thought it was.
But now that I realize what it was… well… yeah pretty cool but not nearly as jaw-droppingly exciting as it was in my dream… and I hadn’t seen it coming AT. ALL.
So what was it?
All it was, was the main hero that saved her (they were riding off together on a motorcycle as fast as they could go – but had escaped and were so in love – he had finally fallen for her too) and all of the sudden he flings himself around (facing her) and the motorcycle is still going forward fast… and he turns crazy-looking – like demonic… and bites her right on the neck!!! And I realized OMG HE’S A VAMPIRE!!!!! GASP!!!!!
Dun Dun Dunnnnnn…. now SHE’S gonna be one too!!! Cliffhanger/part 2??
I was so excited to tell everyone (in my dream, anyway) and when I woke up and realized she didn’t write it… SO bummed. LOL!! 😛 It wasn’t even a book My crazy head did. *snort* – And I think it’s gotta be a compilation of actual movies and vampire romance and biker books, to boot. *shakes head*
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Serenading Heartbreak by Ella Fields <— LIVE!!! ROMANCE-ANGST ALERT!!! SHE’S IN LOVE WITH TWO MEN …her brother’s best friend who’s a singer in a band, and a baseball player… “...The problem with having a first and second love? That would be loving them at the same time. My story isn’t some sexy triangle. It’s exquisite agony. Fate gave me two men to love, but none of us knew which one I could keep...”
- Soulless: A High School Bully Romance (The Privileged of Pembroke High Book 2) by Ivy Fox <— LIVE!! BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Spare Room by <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! Eeeeeep!! Look what Lee Child said about this one!! For reals??? 😲 I AM SO ON IT!!!! *claps and bounces*
“The scariest, creepiest and best psychological suspense you’ll read this year” – Lee Child
- The Stopover (The Miles High Club) by T.L. Swan <— T.L. SWAN’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! Two strangers met on a plane and totally clicked… “…Fate took over and the plane was grounded, and we had an unexpected stopover for the night. With no plans, we made our own. We danced and laughed our way around Boston and had a night of crazy passion that no woman would ever forget. That was twelve months ago, and I haven’t heard from him—until today. I started a new job and met the CEO...” GASP!!!
- Facing Us: A Contemporary Dark Romance (The District Book 1) by Nicci Harris <— DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! They meet on campus… “…Two people who have worked their whole lives to find freedom and peace, seem to have found the opposite within each other. Intensity. Volatility. And it all threatens to expose what they have tried to escape…”
- The unEXpected Plan by Leddy Harper <— LIVE!! HER BEST FRIEND’S OLDER BROTHER ALERT!! Her boyfriend left her for another woman so she devises a plan… “…Corbin Fields was my best friend’s older brother; he was also part of my revenge plan. It was brilliant…until the unexpected happened. I was supposed to be getting over my ex… Not getting under my best friend’s brother…”
- Things You Save in a Fire: A Novel by Katherine Center <— MUST READ ALERT!!
Hvitserk: You need to read Things You Save in the Fire! You’ll love it for sure. The ending was wrapped perfectly like a gift in my opinion.
- You Have to Believe Me by Sunday Tomassetti <— RECENT RELEASE PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! Her divorce cost her everything… and then her ex-husband is found dead… “…She swears she didn’t do it. She’s never so much as killed a spider in her thirty-four years. But as evidence mounts against her, Dove finds herself questioning her memory, her sanity, and finally—her innocence…”
- A Lesson in Thorns (Thornchapel Book 1) by Sierra Simone <— SIERRA SIMONE ALERT & R. Renee LOVED it!!
R: I finished A Lesson in Thorns this morning and can’t wait to jump into book two in just a few minutes!! God I love Sierra Simone!!
- Aces High: A Second Chance Motorcycle Romance (Baum Squad Book 2) by M. Never <— M. NEVER’S LATEST IS LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE (and he’s in trouble with a loan shark!!) Eeeeep!! “…When The Bowman passed away — my dead father’s best friend and bookie — the payoff arrangement he made with my loan shark died with him. Now, I have two weeks to cough up the money or else. The only silver lining? The Bowman’s death brought Liv, his daughter, back into my life...”
- The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet Book 1) by Aly Martinez <— Aly Martinez SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! The Truth About Lies and Jenn 5-starred it!!
Jenn: …it turned out to be one of my favorites this year, definitely 5 stars for me! I’m immediately jumping into the second book as I need answers…
- The Savior (The Black Dagger Brotherhood Book 17) by J.R. Ward <— BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD SUPER-SALE ALERT!! RECENT RELEASE BY J.R. WARD!!! “…only one male has ever been expelled—but Murhder’s insanity gave the Brothers no choice. Haunted by visions of a female he could not save, he nonetheless returns to Caldwell on a mission to right the wrong that ruined him. However, he is not prepared for what he must face in his quest for redemption…”
Cindy: They are all good but this one was amazing 🥰
Nay: OMG! I didn’t even realize until just now that The Savior was Murhder’s book! Now I’m on a mission to get caught up.
Michelles: The Savior gave me some good background on characters that explains a lot…
- The Outpost (Jamison Valley Book 4) by Devney Perry <— Devney Perry SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! I just one clicked it so hard!! He’s a reclusive mountain man that has to protect her in his secluded cabin in the woods!!! ☺️YAY ME!!! “...Stuck in the Montana wilderness, she’s secluded from anything resembling civilization or the modern-day world. The only good thing about her situation is the gorgeous mountain man assigned to protect her. Too bad he isn’t the slightest bit interested in a city girl like her….”
- Their Boy (The Game Book 2) by Cara Dee <— LIVE!!!M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Written In Red (A Novel of the Others Book 1) by Anne Bishop <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Written in Red (1st in a paranormal series that loved!!) In fact, here’s my review.
- Flawed (Imperfectly Perfect Book 1) by Lym Cruz <— LIVE!!! NANCY FOUND IT FOR US!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE… “…Forgetting the worst moment of her life is harder than she thought, especially when Andrew Malcolm re-enters her life, surfacing from the ashes of her past. The structure that Melissa built for herself is threatened by Andrew, who isn’t willing to let her walk away. He would hunt her to the end of the world to have the girl who wanted to be the best he never had...”
Nancy: A new author!! This is her first novel and she said she wrote it with all her heart and soul. I hope you enjoy it and are entertained from start to finish.
- The Price of Scandal: A Bluewater Billionaires Romantic Comedy by Lucy Score <— LIVE
- Dirty Tycoons: Three Book Box Set by CD Reisz <— CD REISS BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!! “…Possessive. Passionate. Powerful. Three commanding men and the women who tame them in three, full length standalone novels. Fall in love with Dirty Tycoons and this preorder special!..”
marina: It’s been months since I read King of Code and I still think about it. The story was really unique and fresh and I highly recommend you read it Maryse!! It’s a cool and quick read! xoxo
marina: Reading Prince Charming!!! Been so anxiously awaiting Keaton’s story. Love this series. And all books CD Reiss.
- The Night Olivia Fell by Christina McDonald <— SUPER-BARGAIN & RIVETING!!!! Linda LOVED it!!
Linda: Happy Friday everyone!! Another recommendation The Night Olivia Fell by Christina McDonald. Kept me riveted to the very end!! LOVED IT.
- Priscilla’s favorite FORBIDDEN AGE GAP books and the reason WHY (because there’s no instalove… we have to work for it):
Priscilla: …they write he is hurting because he can’t control himself around her. That it pains him cause he can’t stop himself…
- Scandalous (Sinners of Saint Book 4),
- The Jail bait series,
- Very Bad Things ( Briarwood Academy Book 1) and
- Hothouse Flower (Calloway Sisters Book 2) & Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters Book 4) are great age gap books for me,
The guys go thru so much because they don’t want to fall for the girl, they deny and deny they could actually have feelings for this younger girls.
Maryse: I want them to pine and ache for the person thinking they are not feeling it back, you know? I LOVE that!!! 😀 Makes my heart flutter and ache!!!
- The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE IT GAVE PRISCILLA BUTTERFLIES!!!
Priscilla: Last night after sending the message I started The Kiss Thief Omg another book that gave me butterflies in my stomach (of excitement) that’s what I’m looking for books that give me chills and not a lot of books do it.
But I think it’s because both didn’t like each other and most of the book they wanted to throw each other off the balcony but when they finally kiss or did it, my excitement was bottled up. I also don’t like friends to lover because we already know they will end up together Only one book I read she stayed with a second lead.
Maryse: OH YES!!! I also prefer when it’s not a confirmed HEA. I mean… I know for the most part, our romance books will end in an HEA, but not knowing for sure keeps me good and stressed when things go wrong. And that just maybe they WON’T get what they thought they wanted… and so I feel it so much more. That nervousness. My fingers go cold while reading. Then I know I’m feeling it BIG time.
I like to fool myself into thinking the ending could go either way, while I read, to keep that “real-life” OH NOOOO feeling alive. But when it’s a confirmed HEA, well… I can’t fool myself. 😛 😉 *shrug*
- Drain Me (The Ellie Gray Chronicles Book 1) by Lana Sky <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED VAMPIRE ROMANCE & OOOOHH!! This one sounds so good, and it’s by the author that wrote “Crossed Lines” that I liked. “…When diagnosed with a fatal illness at the age of twenty six, Eleanor Gray is resigned to her fate—at least until the enigmatic Dublin Helos appears and makes her an offer she knows she should refuse: Life or Death? With a decision as harmless as checking the wrong box on a mysterious questionnaire, Ellie is plunged into a dangerous world where souls are sold to the highest bidder and pleasure is fueled by pain...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette: A Novel by Maria Semple <— NAY LOVED THIS ONE!!
Nay: Nay: I finished listening to Where’d You Go, Bernadette last night. I went in blind, had zero idea what it was about, and even if I hadn’t enjoyed it (which I definitely did), I would’ve still been mesmerized by the the wonderful narration of Kathleen Wilhoite (If you don’t know who she is, look her up and I bet you’ll recognize her. I remember her most from playing Chloe, Susan’s addict sister, on ER)
Her distinctive voice made this book a joy to listen to. The book itself is very well written and the satire is spot on! I’m looking forward to seeing how Cate Blanchett portrays Bernadette in the movie version.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Alma Underwood Is Not A Kleptomaniac by Lacey Dailey – September 30th 2019
- White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet Book 2) by Meghan March – October 1st 2019
- Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory – October 1st 2019
- Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky – October 1st 2019
- The Shape of Night: A Novel by Tess Gerritsen – October 1st 2019
- Full Throttle: Stories by Joe Hill – October 1st 2019
- A Mrs. Miracle Christmas: A Novel by Debbie Macomber – October 1st 2019
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo – October 1st 2019
- War of Hearts: A True Immortality Novel by S. Young – October 1st 2019
- All I Do (Paradise Beach Book 3) by Tamara Lush – October 4th 2019
- Winter King: Steamy Fantasy Romance (The Wyth Courts Book 1) by JS Dark – October 9th 2019 <— P.S. I think this one wins my heart for BEST COVER. OMG!!!!
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).