10:04am UPDATE!! HAPPY 2022 EVERYONE!!!! 😀 I am going to make this new year my very best, yet!!! I’m working on the list this morning as we speak, so keep checking back over the next 2 hours as I add more. 😀 THE LIST IS READY!!! 😀
1.) I watched a ton of horror and thrillers this weekend. I just indulged like crazy for once in all the movies I wanted to watch.
- I watched “The Departed“ (OMG SO GOOD, loaded in amazing movie stars, and intense & crazy. Amazing thriller. How had I never seen that one before?). Two young guys in the police department, and… the Irish mafia. 😉 I’ll leave it at that.
- Paranormal Activity – The Ghost Dimension (Paranormal Activity series is one of my favorites. Always pretty darn scary, and they make me jump and the demonic/haunting stuff is always on point for me. In this one, they find an old video camera that can actually SEE and capture energy or ghostly activities). OH BOY!! Not the scariest of my horror movies, but I was thoroughly entertained.
- The Forever Purge (I always enjoy “The Purge” series too) so this one was pretty good (definitely entertaining) , and always a very interesting look on the breakdown of society and government when poop hits the fan, and decides to take over and no longer pay attention to the rules. Actually I loved this one, due to the initial tension between two groups of people, and then how they come together as one. LOVED.
- Iron Man 3 (and again, I LOVE Iron Man the most out of all the superheroes – and of Robert Downey Jr. being Iron Man doesn’t hurt at all). 😉 I feel like it was kind of a prequel, but I loved how it all came together. Witty dialogue, sometimes hilarious, but always intense with AMAZING visual effects. MUST SEE!
- Old by M. Night Shayamalan which I was DYING to see since I saw the trailer online months ago. I was thrilled to see I could rent it ’cause M. Night Shayamalan is always one of my absolute favorites when it comes to his brand of storytelling and horror. ALWAYS so unique, and even his “stinkers” I have found enjoyable at least for the originality of the terrifying issue at hand. This one, a group of vacationers end up on a beach, and that beach has certain… powers that affect the beach-goers in various ways (like aging for some…). Crazy movie with an incredible twist in the end. It all comes full circle and was SO good! Well, to me, anyway. 😉
- Dangerous – a thriller with some incredible stars!! Much better and more thrilling than the synopsis would lead you to believe. Scott Eastwood is a sociopath (and obviously on the spectrum), just got out of prison (and is on parole) but HE’S the Hero in this one. There are bad guys though… oh boy are there.
- Oldboy <— THE AMERICAN VERSION! More of a psych-thriller (but quite horrific at times, in its own right). I watched the Korean version sooooo many years ago and the twist had me GASPING!!! I LOVED IT (I love a lot of asian horror and thrillers) so I already knew what I was getting into with this one, and was so curious if they were going to end it exactly the same way. Kind of like… two or 3 twists with the last one being the craziest. They were pretty true to the entire original movie, and it was just as exciting and nerve-racking, and yes, it ended pretty much exactly the same way except for one minor/major reveal or… epilogue if you will. 😉
2.) I was told I watch some pretty f*cked up s*ht. LOL!!!! Then I was asked, what other f*cked up s*it was on my watchlist. So I pulled up the watchlist. Which proved that I watch some pretty f*cked up s*ht. 😂 😆
3.) I ate Carpaccio di Manzo Margherita this weekend (paper thin sliced of raw tenderloin topped with chopped tomatoes, capers, parmesan cheese, black olives, arugula and olive oil). OMG I LOVED IT!!! I love raw food and raw meats (of course within reason. 😉 ) so this was heaven to me!! And healthy and fully NO carb in this instance. And I DIDN’T eat the wonderful bread on the table. 😉 I was good.
And then I was bad, because I also ate pizza this weekend. Fully meats, and jalapeño poppers too. *sigh* Luckily it was thin crust pizza but still, high calorie and too many carbs. BUT it was delicious!!!
P.S. Don’t forget to checkout the next list in our “Best Of 2021” lists!!
Alice: I absolutely loved Jewel’s Naked and Lost Fisherman duet. It would definitely be on my favorites list of 2021. A few of Rochelle’s favorites are already on my TBR list. I love these lists, please keep them coming.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
—> ONE MONTH FREE TRIAL TO KINDLE UNLIMITED!!
—> AMAZON GERMANY!! You guys get a 3 month free trial for Amazon Unlimited music!!!
- Super Hot Wingman: A prequel novella to The Best Men by Sarina Bowen and Lauren Blakely <— SOCCER STAR ALERT!! “...Promises I make to myself… 1. I won’t stare at my sister’s fiance’s super hot best friend, even when he takes his shirt off at a dinner party. 2. I won’t look him up online and check out photos from his professional soccer career. 3. And I definitely won’t fantasize about him late at night. Oops. Broke all three. But in my defense, his abs and that arrogant smile are my catnip. Plus it’s been a while. But no matter how sexy Asher St James is, I will never let on that he’s at the top of a long list of things I want to do. And I keep that last promise. Well, mostly…”
- Pocket8s: A psychothriller about choice, chance, timing – euthanasia – and…luck. by Amy Sewell
- Doctor Mistake: A Best Friend’s Older Brother Romance (Boston’s Billionaire Bachelors Book 2) by J. Saman
- The Protector (Four Forces Security) by Alexis Winter <— BODYGUARD HAS TO MARRY THE HEIRESS… “…She and I got off on the wrong foot the first time we met, and the day after…we both woke up on the wrong side of the bed—her bed. But now that she’s my client, those days are behind us. I thought babysitting the princess was going to be the hardest part of this job, until her father is taken hostage leaving her to take control of the company and my security firm to negotiate with the kidnappers. There’s one problem—in order to gain control of the board and the finances, she has to be married…”
- The Nut Low: A Small Town Romance (A Good Run Of Bad Luck Book 6) by Giulia Lagomarsino
- Dad Bod Rockstar: Dad Bod Series – Men Built for Comfort by Melissa Schroeder
- Once Upon a Mermaid: Four Mermaid Tales by Demelza Carlton
- Ebony’s Legacy Year Three (Legacy Academy Book 7) by M Guida
- Safety in Numbers by Sophie Penhaligon <— THE MATHEMATICIAN & THE BILLIONAIRE SCIENTIST!! “...When a tragic accident leaves mathematician Seraphina Ellis broken and despairing, she is convinced that she will live out the remainder of her life in lonely solitude. Determined to conceal her disability from her co-workers, she hides away in her desolate cubicle, crossing off the days of her life, unfulfilled and defeated…”
- Walk Faster: Territory Walk Book 2 by Kelsey Soliz
- Heir for the Bratva King : A Russian Mafia Romance (Deadly Empire, Duet Book 1) by Aria Ray
- Find You Again: A Forced Proximity Second Chance Country Romance (Nashville Star Series Book 2) by Ava Hunter
- The One by Yancey Braxton <— SHE HAS TO THROW THE HOTTIE IN JAIL!! “…Kaiya O’Neal, the former chief of staff to the mayor of New York City, can’t get out of town fast enough. After her public breakup and humiliation are broadcasted on TMZ, she heads home to Sweetland Bay to hide. Ahem, regroup. Needing to get her career back on track, she accepts the county’s judge position, which is in line with her plans to make a bid for the White House in the next five years. All is going well until a sexy firefighter disrupts her courtroom and she’s forced to throw the hottie in jail...”
- Falling for My Ex (Falling, #1): Second Chance Romance by Theresa Paolo
- Wicked Princess (The O’Dea Crime Family Book 3) by Elizabeth Knox and Emily Sharp
- Trapped with the Ice Station Chief (Trapped with Him Book 5) by Julie Rowe
- Beef Steak by Tracy Gilmore <— HE KEEPS GOING TO HER SANDWICH SHOP!! “...Food truck robberies, break-ins, and employees taking advantage of her generosity have overwhelmed her, until a tall handsome stranger enters. Phil loves his steak and cheese subs from Whyne and Cheese. He makes a special trip everyday to get his fix. When he walks in on distressed Ebony, the fire in him ignites and he defends her bravely…”
- Her Romeo, His Girl: Vitali Italian Mafia Trilogy by Amanda Miakisz
- Vacations Like This: A Romantic Comedy (A Love Like This Book 4) by Carina Taylor
- Brassy Bigwig: A Hero Club Novel by Murphy Wallace <— ONE NIGHT STAND & THEN SHE REALIZES HE’S HER NEW UNAPPROACHABLE BOSS!!! “…I left his bed, resigned to the fact that I’ll never see him again. I didn’t count on my dreams haunting me… consuming me. Causing me the kind of agony only his touch could alleviate. And I sure as hell didn’t expect my carnal, salacious one-night-stand to be my new, pompous, unapproachable boss…”
- A Heart’s Connection: Loving a Black Mafia Executioner (Black Mayhem Mafia Saga Book 7) by B. Love <— MAFIA LEADER WANTS HER… “…she’s not just running the streets… she’s ruling them… as one of the greatest smugglers the west coast has ever seen. She has the money, power, and respect, and Naima admittedly has no room for love. The moment she begins to think her life is perfect and can’t get any better, things get worse. Having taken over her ex’s business, Naima expects him to want it back when he gets out of prison. She’s willing to give it up freely, except it isn’t that easy. He doesn’t just want his throne—he wants the Queen that has been sitting there too. A trip back home doesn’t provide just the safety of her brother, Naeem, but the entire Black Mayhem Mafia…”
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Girl in the Mist: A Misted Pines Novel by Kristen Ashley – January 4th 2022
- A Grave Girls’ Getaway by Jeaniene Frost – January 4th 2022
- Love at First Spite: A Novel by Anna E. Collins – January 4th 2022
- Sins & Salvation (Rapture & Ruin Book 3) by Julia Sykes – January 4th 2022
- On the Sweet Side (The Wish Series Book 3) by Audrey Carlan
- Invisible: A Novel by Danielle Steel – January 4th 2022
- Ashes (Men of Inked: Heatwave Book 9) by Chelle Bliss – January 4th 2022
- Shielding Sierra (Delta Team Two Book 8) by Susan Stoker – January 4th 2022
- Only One Mistake (Only One Series Book 6) by Natasha Madison – January 4th 2022
- Murder Most Fancy by Kellie McCourt – January 5th 2022
- Two Doors Down by Elle Spellman – January 6th 2022
- Her First Taste of Fire (Shadowvale Book 5) by Kristen Painter – January 7th 2022
- Juniper Hill (The Edens) by Devney Perry – January 11th 2022
- Hearts on Ice (The Hopefuls) by MJ Fredrick – January 11th 2022
- Put Me in Detention by Meghan Quinn – January 11th 2022
- Wright Rival by K.A. Linde – January 11th 2022
- Twilight at Moorington Cross by Abigail Wilson – January 11th 2022
- Dragon Unbound: A Dragon Kings Novella by Donna Grant – January 11th 2022
- Baden: A Pittsburgh Titans Novel by Sawyer Bennett – January 11th 2022
- The Siren of Sussex (Belles of London Book 1) by Mimi Matthews – January 11th 2022
- On The Honey Side by Staci Hart – January 11th 2022
- Triple Threat by K Webster – January 11th 2022
- Shopping for a Highlander by Julia Kent – January 11th 2022
- Dating the Duke (The Aristocrat Diaries Book 2) by Emma Hart – January 11th 2022
- The Family You Make: A Novel (The Sunrise Cove Series Book 1) by Jill Shalvis – January 11th 2022
- Best Kept Secret (Rochester Trilogy Book 3) by Skye Warren – January 11th 2022
- Beautiful Nightmare by Giana Darling – January 13th 2022
- Mystic Veil: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: (Poppy’s Potions) (Haven Hollow Book 11) by J.R. Rain and H.P. Mallory – January 15th 2022
- Endgame Romance (Lost Daughter of a Serial Killer Book 3) by C.M. Stunich – January 16th 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!