IT’S TIME FOR OUR FRIDAY FINDS, and we’ve got a bunch of amazing 5-STAR reader recommendations on today’s list. PLUS, I’m still adding on as we speak, ’cause I’m finding us some new releases within the last 24 hours. Let me know if you found something amazing, or one that I missed. 😊
P.S. Make sure to check out today’s newsletter sponsor!!
- JJ Knight’s “Tasty Pickle” is LIVE, and she’s sent an excerpt, fun facts, PLUS A GIVEAWAY! <— THIS ONE JUST WENT LIVE TODAY! Sounds hilarious and like so much fun!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited for a one month free trial!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP SUPER-SALE!!! 😲 3 months for a super-bargain US, Canada and UK!! 😀
- Tasty Pickle: An Opposites Attract Romantic Comedy (Everything Tasty Book 2) by JJ Knight <— LIVE!!!! HILARIOUS NAKED MEET CUTE ALERT!! “…Let me tell you about Axel Pickle. He’s a bronzed god. Totally outdoorsy. Worth half a billion after selling his nature app. And he hikes naked. He showed up in nothing but his hiking boots when I ran shrieking onto his private property after peeing on a prickly pear and being unable to put my pants back on. We’ve been staring at each other’s private parts from the moment we first laid eyes on each other…”
- Spare by Prince Harry <— I’M READING THIS ONE NOW & J.R. 5-STARRED IT!! P.S. Her “Best of 2022” list is next. 😉
J.R.: I did finish Spare last night and loved it. 5*! It was interesting to hear his side of things that I’ve seen in the press where he could put it in context. I’m glad he and Meghan have each other.
- Before I Let Go by Kennedy Ryan <— TASHA J 5-STARRED IT!! I’m dying to read this!!
Tasha J: I finished another 5⭐️- Before I Let Go by Kennedy Ryan. ALL the feels! I know I read another review here not long ago, and I can’t remember who, but I’ve heard nothing but great things with this one, and it totally lived up to my expectations too.
- Meant to Be: An Age Gap Forbidden Romance (Heart of Hope) by Ajme Williams <— LIVE!!
- The Girl and the Winter Bones (Emma Griffin® FBI Mystery Retro – Limited Series Book 4) by A.J. Rivers <— LIVE!!
- Unexpected by Elizabeth Aton <— THE WAITRESS & THE ROCK STAR… CADY FOUND THIS ONE WHILE HELPING WITH OUR READER QUESTIONS… and SHE LOVED IT!
Cady: I have been having so much fun today with trying to solve books people are looking for.
I came across a debut author Elizabeth Aton. The book is called Unexpected. It is wow factor. Tissues will be needed. It’s one of the best books I have ever read. Will stay with you for a very long time.
- Dickhead (Wrong Side of the Tracks Book 3) by K.A. Merikan <— LIVE!!
- Hot Head (Drake Security Book 1) by Mika Nix <— LIVE!!
- One Day With You: The BRAND NEW uplifting read of love, family and friendship from Shari Low for 2023 by Shari Low <— LIVE!!! MARITAL STRIFE?? “…two fateful goodbyes, two unexpected hellos, and 24 hours that change everything… Tress Walker waved her perfect husband Max off to work, with no idea that she was about to go into labour with their first child. And completely unaware that when she tried to track Max down, he wouldn’t be where he was supposed to be. At the same time, Max’s best friend Noah Clark said goodbye to his wife, Anya, blissfully oblivious that he would soon discover the woman he adored had been lying to him for years...”
- Rose Red: A Fairytale Reimagining (The Sythea Chronicles Book 1) by E. J. Rekab <— LIVE!!
- The Dark Elf’s Secret Baby (Secret Babies For Prothekan Dark Elves Book 1) by Celeste King <— LIVE!!
- The Raven’s Wife: Narrative of a Mad Woman (Mad Women Series) by Amanda McKinney <— LIVE!!! BEHIND EVERY CRAZY WOMAN IS THE MAN THAT MADE HER THAT WAY!! OH MY… Police report says she murdered her husband… “…After relocating to a remote cabin in the middle of the mountains, Julia’s only goal in life is to piece together her broken past. But questions about that fateful night arise when Logan, Julia’s brother-in-law, shows up on her doorstep—with evidence that things are not as they appear. It soon becomes apparent that someone else knows the details of that night, and they will stop at nothing to ensure what happened in the dark, stays in the dark. Julia, not unaccustomed to drama, rises to the occasion, determined never to be a victim again. After all, she has been here before…“
- A Kingdom of Wolves Complete Series: A Dark Reverse Harem Fantasy Romance by Alice Wilde <— LIVE!!
- Kissing Ashley: A Forbidden Nanny Romance (Free Haven Babysitters Book 5) by Amie Barnes <— LIVE!!
- A Quiet Life by Ethan Joella <— TASHA J 5-STAR LOVED IT!! She’s my book twin, so now I have to read it too.
Tasha J: I finished my first 5 star read of the year, A Quiet Life by Ethan Joella. It was a beautiful compelling story. A very quick read, that I didn’t want to put down and it made me cry (a good thing, lol).
- The Hideaway Neighbor: A Second Chance Gay Romance (Corio Heights Book 4) by Rye Cox <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Forgiving You: Hockey Stars of Taylor Ridge by Brooklyn Kerr <— LIVE!!
- London Lovers Series by Carly Woakes <— CADY ALSO LOVED THIS ONE!
Cady: I just came upon a debut author. Her name is c woakes. She brought everything and the kitchen sink to her first book. Angst, suspense, super steamy and leaves you wanting to get to the next book.
Also J M Elliott “Her” series.
I love your blog!!!! I read so many amazing books from your lists and reviews. Happy new year and keep the great reads coming.
Natasha: I’m literally a zombie right now. I read Hatesick Diaries and the new Meghan Quinn back to back I have slept like 3 hours in the last 24 🙈 😂 So so good! Now I have to decide what to read next!
Nancy: RE: Hatesick Diaries I have now read all 5 and would suggest if you haven’t already read the books before, you should start at the beginning. All of the wonderful characters with all their faults should be met first! …Kissing your now ex-boyfriend’s best friend was her secret forbidden wish. It was her birthday, but a mess of everything, is what they have made…
- Because I’m Yours: A Brother’s Best Friend Mafia Romance (Sins & Deceit) by Claire Contreras <— LIVE!!! LATEST BY CLAIRE CONTRERAS!! ARRANGED MARRIAGE BUT SHE WANTS SOMEONE ELSE… “…in two weeks, I’m supposed to become the perfect wife. I don’t know or like the man my father chose to marry me off to but I have no say in the matter. That’s why when I see Rocco Marchetti, the man I’ve had a crush on my entire life, I decide he’ll be my first. When he looks at me it’s electric and I know he wants me. We keep stealing glances and hiding smiles, but I want more...”
- A Marriage of Fortune: The hotly-anticipated and captivating new historical novel from the Sunday Times bestselling author by Anne O’Brien <— LIVE!!
- Hold Me Wickedly (Dark Alliance Book 4) by Kira James <— LIVE!!
- Accidentally Yours Series by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— TERESA SAYS THESE ARE A MUST-READ!!
Teresa: ***Must Read Mimi Jean Pamfiloff ‘Accidentally Yours’ Series – I have never laughed so hard and fell in love with the author so completely.
Sandi: I was reading Accidentally in love with a god…funny!
Melyssa: This series is downright hilarious so far! I have barely read the first two but I am already hooked…
- P.S. I Hate You: A High School Bully Romance by Jane Anthony <— AIMEE 4-STARRED THIS ONE!!
Aimee: I also just finished a new author for me book! Jane Anthony Book: p.s. I Hate You
It was an enemy to lovers book and I loved it! 4* but I found the ending a little rushed. Maybe I thought that because I loved these two so much that wanted more!!!!
- Tank (Special Edition): A friends-to-lovers, sunshine/grumpy small town romance. (The Moonshine Task Force: Special Edition Series Book 2) by Laramie Briscoe <— LIVE!!!
- The Perfect Lesson: Who Knew Learning Could Be So Fun? by Beth Gelman
- Maestro by Auden Dar <— BACK ON THE LIST YET AGAIN (wow you guys!!! 😮 ), ‘CAUSE NOW KELLY & ALYSSA FELL IN LOVE WITH IT, TOO!!! Wow you guys…
Kelly: OMG Maryse!!! You have to read Maestro by Auden Dar. I agree with Shauna – reminded me a bit of the Opportunist and Fish Tales, I think the author even mentions it in her end of book notes. This book was so amazing. It is all about music and the way it is written it just like music. It was beautiful and epic and heartbreaking and SO well written. Absolutely a 5+ star read for me.
Alyssa: Yesssss I just finished it. I don’t know how I’m going to get over this book hangover because I won’t find a book like this again the fact that it’s so close to reality it refers to real events and the NYC setting. It makes it so much more special. I wish there was more books like this, I miss long books and epic timelines.
Alyssa: Hi, I’m scared I won’t find a book that make me feel the feeeeeels like Maestro. I miss epic, intense and loooong love stories.
R. Renee: I miss epic, intense and long love stories too!
- Just a Thing We Do: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (There’s Gotta Be Something More Book 1) by Katie Nelson <— LIVE!! STARTING OVER IN LA & SHE MEETS AN UP-AND-COMING ROCK STAR! “…When struggling musician, Chase Smith, sees a sweet brunette scribbling lists in a notebook, he can’t help but go talk to her. Charmed by Maggie’s authenticity, Chase agrees to help her complete her life coach’s assignment: discover what she really loves by trying ten new things. From new foods to unique experiences, Maggie begins to uncover her true self—which happens to include growing feelings for Chase. As his musical career takes off, sparks begin to ignite between them. But on the eve of a big opportunity, Chase is forced to leave LA—causing Maggie to make an impulsive decision that could change everything…”
- Dirty Perfect Storm: A Grumpy-Sunshine Romance (Devil’s Hellions MC Book 1) by Hayley Faiman <— LIVE!!
- Finding Reese (Underground Bruisers Book 1) by Rae B. Lake and E.C. Land <— LIVE!!
- Dirty Beasts: Chance by Jasinda Wilder <— LIVE!!! I MISSED THIS ONE BUT HERE IT IS NOW!! “…We are the cast-offs, the forgotten, the broken; we are dark, dangerous men haunted by our violent pasts. The Guardian collects us, rehabilitates us, and gives us a new lease on life…if we follow a few, simple rules: Once you’re in, there’s no going back; never take a life; loyalty to the brotherhood above all. SIN is all I know—it’s my whole world. And then I see HER, and everything changes...”
- What Should Danny Do? by Ganit & Adir Levy TASHA J HAS A CHILDREN’S BOOK FOR US!
Tasha J: I have a kids book rec if anyone is interested. Perfect for ages 4-7.
My 4 year old is in that really independent stage where he wants more freedom to do anything and everything and this book is one I got him for Xmas and he’s wanted to read more than once a day, every day. So, I just ordered 2 more. It’s What Should Danny Do? by Ganit & Adir Levy. The kids get to choose Danny’s actions throughout the story and see what the outcome will be depending on each choice that’s made.
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— 30 day FREE TRIAL.
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Riot House by Callie Hart <— AIMEE 4-STARRED THIS ONE!!
Aimee: I finished Riot House by: Callie Hart yesterday and it was pretty good! 4* I downloaded the next in the series called Riot Rules it’s the Crooked Sinners series.
I listened to it on Audible and the male narrator was really good! He was new to me.
Sooooo, I’m onto book 3 of Callie Hart’s book series crooked sinners, Riot Act starting it tomorrow but I’m CURIOUS about who the model is on the cover! I feel guilty for staring at it, because he’s so 😳🤤👀 I’m 40ish and have teenagers….😫🤣🤣🤣🤣gah.. but this series is really good!
Maryse: LOL!!! I just saw this comment, and now I’m looking that book up as we speak. I remember back when we used to oooooohhhh & ahhhhhhhh over a gorgeous cover model. 😉
- Alpha’s Betrayal: A Rejected Mates Romance (Chosen By The Alpha Book 1) by Skye Wilson <— AIMEE 4-STARRED THIS ONE, TOO!
Aimee: This was a 4* rejected mate!!! I just started the second book!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Breaking All The Rules by Amy Andrews – January 24th 2023
- In Her Highlander’s Bed: A Novel (Highland Brides Book 11) by Lynsay Sands – January 24th 2023
- Blush by Helen Hardt – January 24th 2023
- Recovery Road (Torpedo Ink Book 8) by Christine Feehan – January 24th 2023
- Wild (The Wild Book 1) by Micalea Smeltzer – January 26th 2023
- Accidental Wife (The Jilted Wives Club Book 5) by Bethany Lopez – January 26th 2023
- Armed and Charmed: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: (Princess Procedural) (Haven Hollow Book 24) by H.P. Mallory and J.R. Rain – January 27th 2023
- Havoc (Special Edition): A marriage-of-convenience small town, hot cop romance. (The Moonshine Task Force: Special Edition Series Book 3) by Laramie Briscoe – January 27th 2023
- Touch of Hate : A Dark Romance by C. Hallman and J.L. Beck – January 27th 2023
- The Bachelor Contract by Victoria James – January 30th 2023
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!