Tasha started this one and oh how I LOVE this game!!! This question kind of reminds me of my “hurricane days” from last year.
No electricity for a week, and nothing to do… nothing to cook, nothing to clean… just time to read. I had a make-shift pile of paper books I had been meaning to get to, just ready and waiting for me, and read and reeeeeeeead… I DID.
I was SO happy (even if I was hot and sticky and sick of what I was eating) but to be honest? A whole week of just reading what I had been wanting to read? BEST WEEK EVER!! 😉
And while none of these are reader recommendations (YET!!) these are what we want to read badly. Let us know your lists, and if you’ve read one on our list and recommend it, let us know too. 😀
Tasha: My brain wanders constantly and I was thinking (as I was browning my meat) that I was so overwhelmed with all the books I wanted to read coming out soon or now or just in the last few weeks and THEN thinking my gosh, but I’d really like to tackle (yada, yada, yada) first and wouldn’t it be nice if the book world would pause for just a little while so I can catch up and not miss anything spectacular?
And it’s fun to read all of yours. I screenshot so I don’t miss any goodies and while I read it’s yes! yes! yes, that 1! Oooh, that sounds good! Oh, I forgot that one, that too!
➔➔➔ If all new releases were put on hold for 3 months. Nothing new from now until December 1st, which 5-10 books that you already own would you play catch up on?
Ooooh now I’m excited!! It gives me a chance to build my TBR list again and yet, I have all of these already. Very cool!
Here’s my list!! 😀
- All of the books I own by Carian Cole. Ashes & Embers Series Collection (Books 1 to 4) & Torn (Devils Wolves Book 1). So many of you are crazy about both of her series, and I’ve been wanting to read them so badly.
- The Simple Wild: A Novel and Keep Her Safe: A Novel <— The two latest release by K.A. Tucker (I have them both and I LOVE her).
- Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil <— highly recommended by both Tasha and bev, so it’s a must read!!
- The Jack & Jill series by Jewel E. Ann <— also highly recommended by so many, and even my very best book friends can’t believe I haven’t read these yet. And! I love this author’s other books.
- The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels) <— historical romance, which is not normally my thing, but a few of my friends lost their mind over this one… and historical romance isn’t normally “their thing” either!!!
- Vicious (Sinners of Saint) by L.J. Shen <— can’t resist a good “bully book” and supposedly he’s a GRADE A JERK!!
- Lessons In Corruption (The Fallen Men Series Book 1) by Giana Darling <— BOTH books… I hear they are forbiddeny and shocking and amazing.
- 47 Things & One More Thing: (a 47 Things novel) by Lilliana Anderson <— TOTAL blurb jolt!!!
- Thicker than Blood by Madeline Sheehan & Claire C. Riley <— I love post-apocalyptic, and my best book buds loved this one!
- The entire “Charley Davidson” series by Darynda Jones series <— I’ve been collecting them, and have a ton, and I hear these are some of the BEST, funniest paranormal romance or urban fantasy books ever. I WANT TO READ THEM!!! P.S. Author “fun fact” Did you know Darynda Jones puts mustard on her french fries, like I do?? 😉
- Stephen King’s Doctor Sleep: A Novel (The Shining Book 2) or Mr. Mercedes: A Novel (The Bill Hodges Trilogy Book 1)… both actually, because I love scary books! 😀
Okay so, in the grand scheme of things, considering I’ve included series, that’s a whole lot more than 10 books. 😉 Still… definitely this list, for me. 😀
Okay now you guys!!
- Neighbors (A Twin Estates Novel Book 1) – Stylo Fantome
- Love In Rewind (Audio Fools Book 1) – Tali Alexander
- The Simple Wild: A Novel – K.A. Tucker
- The Upside of Falling (The Blue Line Duet Book 1) – Meghan Quinn
- That Guy – Kim Jones
- Perfect Love Story (Love Series Book 1) – Natasha Madison
- Speakeasy (True North Book 5) – Sarina Bowen
- Waking Olivia – Elizabeth O’Rourke
- Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts Duet Book 1) – Emma Scott
- Bad at Love: A Standalone Friends-to-Lovers Romance – Karina Halle
R: My problem is, most of these are paperbacks so I’d have to be super into them to keep from DNF’ing!
- The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman Trilogy Book 1) – Paullina Simons
- Queens of Geek – Jen Wilde
- The Man in the Black Suit – Sylvain Reynard
- The Hating Game: A Novel – Sally Thorne
- Try (Temptation Series Book 1) – Ella Frank
- After the Rain: A Novel – Renee Carlino
- Midnight Lily – Mia Sheridan
- The Promise of Stardust: A Novel – Priscille Sibley
- Room: A Novel – Emma Donoghue
- On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft – Stephen King
bev: 3 months to read 5-10 used to be such an easy feat. But let’s see. Either glom a series like the Kate Daniels or Anna & Charles one. But individual books would probably be:
- Scandalized by Tara Frejas. She works in the world of kpop.
- Goody Two Shoes: Romantic Comedy (Scottish Highlands Book 2) by Janet Elizabeth Henderson. A MichelleS rec.
- Pas De Deux: A Dance For Two by Lynn Turner. A ballerina heroine.
- Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World Book 1) by Rebecca Roanhorse. A new UF series.
- By the Book: A Book Club Recommendation! by Julia Sonneborn. I love Persuasion.
- Object of Desire by Dal Maclean. I loved her first book.
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air) by Holly Black. I loved a prior book and Tessa loved this.
- Ghosted by JM Darhower. Cause everyone on here recs it.
- Abroad: Book Two by Liz Jacobs. A review made me think, ” I have to buy it and read it right now!” And I never did.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. A Christmas present from Nay and it sounds dreamy.
- Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Book 2) by Laini Taylor. (Why haven’t I read this yet?)
- The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, Book 1): A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson
- Guild Wars: Edge of Destiny by J Robert King
- The Golden Compass: His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman
- Gods and Fighting Men:The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and of the Fianna of Ireland – Annotated Celtics’ People History by Lady Gregory (It’s a book of the original myths from Ireland)
- Empire of Storms (Throne Of Glass Series Book 5) by Sarah J Maas
- King’s Cage (Red Queen) by Victoria Aveyard
- The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter
- Everything You Want Me to Be: A Novel by Mindy Majia
- My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry: A Novel by Fredrik Bachman
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Mason List: A Coming of Age Love Story by S.D. Hendrickson
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- What the Dead Know: A Novel by Laura Lippman
- The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown
- We Never Asked for Wings: A Novel by Venessa Diffenbaugh
- The Cuckoo’s Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1) by Robert Galbraith
- The Bear and the Nightingale: A Novel (Winternight Trilogy) by Katherine Arden
I’m totally saving this post. SO many of these sound good! I love your list, Maryse! And so many off of everyone else that’s posted that I wanna check out too! But, I suppose I should read the ones I have 1st right? 😛
Robin: This sounds fun! Okay here’s my top ten I’d read if new releases stopped for a few months.
- Binding 13: Boys of Tommen #1 by Chloe Walsh
- Vincent’s Immortal Curse: Kings of Afterlife Book 1 (Afterlife saga 14) series by Stephanie Hudson
- Cutting Edge series by CD Reiss
- The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time Series Book 1) by Calia Read
- Hydraulic Level 5 (The Hydraulic Series Book 1) by Sarah Latchaw
- Lake Silence (World of the Others, The) by Anne Bishop
- Wager (Blended Book 7) by Erica Chilson
- Malachi and I by JJ McAvoy
- DAMIEN (Slater Brothers Book 5) by L A Casey
- The Prophecy (A Titan Novel Book 4) by Jennifer Arementrout…yes I still haven’t read this!
- Movie Trilogy series by Kimberly Adams. Couldn’t wait for it to be complete, but for some reason I keep putting off reading it.
- Atheists Who Kneel and Pray: a romance novel by Tarryn Fisher
- Someone Else’s Ocean by Kate Stewart
- Rivers by S.L. Scott
- Eternally North by Tillie Cole. Will there ever be a sequel to this???
- The Studying Hours: How to Date a Douchebag by Sara Ney
- Miss February & Mrs. February by Karen Cimms
- On the Island: A Novel by Tracey Garvis Graves
- And finish off the series I’ve been reading-
- Surrender (Harris Brothers Book 4) by Amy Daws
- Dominate (Harris Brothers Book 5)by Amy Daws
Janie Otero: Oh man….where do I even start? There are so many that I haven’t read yet…. I should make it a goal to actually read all of these before I let myself buy another book but I don’t have the willpower lol! Here goes:
- The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley Book 5) by Devney Perry
- The Kept Woman: A Novel (Will Trent) by Karin Slaughter
- Pieces of Her: A Novel by Karin Slaughter
- Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts
- The Liar by Nora Roberts
- Naked in Death (In Death, Book 1) by J.D Robb
- Ten Reasons to Stay (The Risky Hearts Duet Book 1) by Candace Knoebel
- A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner
- The Date: An unputdownable psychological thriller with a breathtaking twist by Louise Jensen
- Nora Roberts Land (Dare Valley Series, Book 1) by Ava Miles
I feel like I won the lottery! Both were amazing and I can’t believe that I waited on them. Pauses are definitely good for the soul.
Jen C: I love this! I try to read one “old” book every couple of weeks to try and make my way through the ridiculous TBR but yeah. Never going to get there lol.
- Bright Side by Kim Holden
- Hades Hangmen series by Tillie Cole (only read book 1)
- The Nightingale: A Novel by Kristin Hannah
- Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love Book 3) by Jessica Park
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- Stolen by Lucy Christopher
- The Redhead Series: The Unidentified Redhead, The Redhead Revealed, The Redhead Plays Her Hand by Alice Clayton
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Heart Of Marley by TK Leigh
- Marrow by Tarryn Fisher (scared of this one!)
- My Beautiful Enemy (Heart of Blade Book 2) by Sherry Thomas
- Ravensong (Green Creek Book 2) TJ Klune
- The Perils of Pleasure: Pennyroyal Green Series Julie Anne Long
- Red Rooster (Sons of Rome Book 2) Lauren Gilley
- Mists of The Serengeti Leylah Attar
- The Man Who Won the World (1) O. E. Boroni
- Iced: Fever Series Book 6 Karen Marie Moning
- All In (High Stakes) Simona Arhnstedt
- La Belle Sauvage Philip Pullman
- A Rogue of Her Own (Windham Brides) Grace Burrowes
- I have NEVER read a Colleen Hoover book so would start on those.
- EXPERIMENT IN TERROR series
- Keep hearing about some guy named Barrons so should prob read that one.
- Catchup on Stephen King and Joe Hill.
- THAT MAN series is always brought up over the years and I purchased and always planned to get to it.
- Finish the INFINITY series.
I have so many on my kindle I could prob read for three years and still not get to the end. That makes me happy!
Teri: ASHES & EMBERS! (ooohhhh aaahhhh) This is what I am taking with me on vacation. Ten days and counting and no, I am not going to Russia 🙂
There are so many good books and I realized that I have books from years and years ago that are still sitting on my TBR list, sigh. 1-Click wonders that are eating away at me whispering “Teri, read me next!” The angst. I cannot take it!
Bigchick: Paradise (The Paradise series Book 1) – Judith McNaught. Three words; troubled marriage,angst, second chance
Michele G: Oh my – just when I think I have every book possible on my TBR – there are lists like these….yikes! I’ll never catch up – my apologies to those on GR who get updates when I add things…my daughter sent me a notification that I added 36 items yesterday – I’m pretty sure she thinks I’ve lost my mind 🙂
Ok, I’m throwing mine in as well – –
- Bright Side by Kim Holden
- Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts Duet Book 1) by Emma Scott
- The Upside of Falling (The Blue Line Duet Book 1) by Meghan Quinn
- Transcend (The Transcend Duet Book 1) by Jewel E. Ann
- Someone Else’s Ocean by Kate Stewart
- Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas
- Blood Type (Blood Type Book 1) by K.A. Linde
- Fearless: The Complete Novel (Dartmoor Book 1) by Lauren Gilley
- Full Tilt by Emma Scott
- 10. The rest of Hettie Ivers Werelock Revolution series which I got hooked on during a challenge (read something where the author’s last name is I) – yep, so now I need to see what happens next…
Sandi: …I have about 200 I haven’t read and over 300 on my amazon wish list. Everyone keeps posting these books that sound great so I keep buying. I need amazon to shut down for a few months so I can catch up. But my list would include:
- The Air He Breathes Brittainy Cherry ( or anything by her)
- The Ex-Wife: A nail biting gripping psychological thriller Jess Ryder
- Full Tilt and
- Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts Duet Book 1) Emma Scott
- A Court of Thorns and Roses Sarah Maas
- Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers Book 1) J.A. Redmerski (no, I still haven’t read it)
Grey: Geez… I’m gonna have to really think on this 10 books business, I could make a dissertation, you know? Is this based on covers, (plethora or lack thereof of glitter?? *giggle*) Hmm… And I already have to own them??
*Clears throat* Ok, I’ll have you know, I’ve been working on this list for the better part of 3 hours. *Sets off glitter cannon*
- Crew (Crew Series Book 1) by Tijan
- Picture Perfect Cowboy (The Original Sinners) by Tiffany Reisz (I have an ARC, lol, I know I’m cheating because it’s not out yet, but I already have it!)
- Elite (Eagle Elite Book 1) by Rachel Van Dyken
- The Pebble Jar by H.A. Robinson
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass series Book 1) by Sarah J. Maas
- Maldeamores: (Lovesick) by Mara White
- Shame Me Not by Fiona Cole
- Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet Book 1) by Aly Martinez
- The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play Book 1) by BB Reid
- The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon