I thought I hadn’t read reverse harems before, but realize one of my first urban fantasy series addictions was Laurell K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake series (and oh boy does it ever evolve into a reverse harem situation). Oh yes it does.
And sure enough, when I started the “genre categories” section on the blog, I received requests for a “reverse harem” section.
Tessa: Reverse harem is one girl, multiple guys. I love them because the relationships and humor are usually fun. …We need a reverse harem list.
Kristin: You should have one for Reverse harem, one female and several men
Sharalee: Yes, read plenty of Reverse Harems. They seem to be the theme this last year!
Alison: Reverse harems are my guilty pleasure! Lol
Tracie: Oooh, I love reverse harem.
So since Tessa our resident “reverse harem” enthusiast, she is kicking it off for us!!! And… she’s picky (but that’s a good thing!!) 😀
TESSA’S FAVORITES (so far…):
Tessa: I’m going to preface this to say, I don’t like a few things in my reverse harem series.
First, I don’t like favorites. If you have a favorite, then you only need one guy. That just makes my heart hurt for the other guys.
No submissives. I know it’s harem, but I just don’t like reading about submissive men.
Last, if it starts as a non-reverse harem and changes, it stops me automatically. Just, be one or the other. I’ve had series I’ve loved and ended up hating because it became a reverse harem series.
I included what I think? are my favorites. I can’t say I won’t add more since I’ve read 3000+ books and, well, that’s a lot of books to go through! 😛
Oh and most of these are paranormal or fantasy. Cause… I love paranormal and fantasy. 😀
1. Curse of the Gods series by Jaymin Eve and Jane Washington – The best to date in my opinion. It’s got action, humor, and romance. The series develops relationships, not just romance, but friendships and enemies with a full three dimension of characters. Jaymin Eve writes friendship better than most. Her non-RH books are full of friends and sibling type love, and it translates well here. Add in Jane Washington’s plotting ability, it makes a great series.
2. The Dark Side series by Kristy Cunning – This series is still ongoing. Again, tons of humor even in dangerous situations. I love how she has her “favorite” depending on her mood or what he did. It rarely lasts longer than a day. There is a bit of mystery and a lot of action to add to the spice as well. Lots of fun!
3. Seraph Black series by Jane Washington – As I said before, Jane Washington can plot a story. I don’t even think I was in it for the romance, so much as a story that had me glued from start to finish. The romance was there, but that story… Just wonderful.
4. Phoenix Rising by Harper Wylde and Quinn Arthurs – This series is still ongoing. Yes, humor and romance, but probably more angst than average. I love this series, and the intricicies of politics and other issues keep my attention totally, and unable to stop reading.
5. The Marked Series by Cece Rose – Again, a fun book. Tons of danger, with people out for her, the politics that come into play, and the well written secondary characters kept me reading until I finsihed the series.
6. The Caged Series by Kellie McAllen – A great story with tons of emotion and unexpected twists. The way it plays out feels real, in spite of the more paranormal aspects.
* A Kiss of Shadows (A Merry Gentry Novel Book 1) by Laurel K. Hamilton – This gets special mention. I was enamored due to who the author was and FAIRIES! This was also my first reverse harem. To date, I’m still on Frost, but it’s because I’m mostly upset with how her other series went, but I do plan to go back. That said, the politics, the angst, the steam… wow. LKH can write a story like few can.
* Ghost Bird series by CL Stone – A special mention here too. I started reading this, not even knowing what type of series it was. Honest truth, it gets special mention because it was fun, the characters were well fleshed out, and I will always root for the main character.
Only one book out, or only read one book, but so far so good…
- Signs of Cupidity: A Fantasy Reverse Harem Story (Heart Hassle Book 1) by Raven Kennedy
- The Stardust series by Autumn Reed & Julia Clarke
- Academy of Assassins (An Academy of Assassins Novel Book 1) by Stacey Brutger
- The Veil series by B.L. Brunnemer
- Kit Davenport by Tate James
➔➔➔ Looking for more of our favorite recommendations? Browse our “Ultimate Favorites Lists” here. Are you in the mood for a certain kind of story? Browse our favorite “genre/trope categories” here and our reader favorites lists too.
➔➔➔ Love this genre? Browse more Reverse Harem book features and reviews on my blog. 😀