It’s bev’s turn and just as I expected, there are SO many new-to-us books on her list. She’s our book-adventurer. Totally into our genre… and yet totally into so many others, too! And when I look ’em up… OUR genre anyway!!!
Not only did she gives us a tidbit of why she loved it, but also her favorite quote from each!
“These were my favorite books this year. This may sound weird but I can not say these are all 5 star books as I usually do not rate my reads. For the most part I am a mood reader and this is a list of the books that were the right book for the right mood at the right time. These books made me laugh, swoon, think and yes maybe even cry. These are just listed in the order that I read them.
1. Kings Rising: Book Three of the Captive Prince Trilogy by C.S. Pacat <— I waited so long for this conclusion and it was so worth it.
Damen said to Nikandros, “Take the fort.”
2. The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith <— A completely immersive experience.
“Just so,” he agreed, and gave her a tap on the top of her freakish, furry head.
3. The Kraken King (Iron Seas Book 4) by MelJean Brook <— This was like being a part of an old fashioned action adventure movie.
She’d only wanted to a see a little danger from a distance. Instead she’d fallen straight into the clutches of the Kraken King.
4. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black <— Dark forest, magic, and fairies, who could ask for more?
Down a path worn into the woods, past a stream and a hollowed-out log full of pill bugs and termites, was a glass coffin. It rested right on the ground, and in it slept a boy with horns on his head and ears as pointed as knives.
5. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins <— This book is so swoony, I just found it very romantic. Plus, Paris, sigh.
It’s midnight, it’s sweltering, and I might be high on vicoden, but that guy -that guy right over there-that’s him.
6. Once Upon a Rose (La Vie en Roses Series Book 1) by Laura Florand <— Whimsical with a great meet cute.
“I like to call her Bouclettes,” he said grandly. It seemed possible as a nickname. All those curls.
7. I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios <— Such a great read that I should have read sooner. Really, try this book.
My blood was carbonated, and I was awake and young and alive, and screw everything because this moment was mine.
8. Undecided by Juliana Keyes. This book was so fun. I loved how she played with the tropes.
“Don’t encourage him,” Kellan pleads, dragging Crosbie from the room.
“No encouragement necessary,”Crosbie says. Just before he lets Kellan win the tug of war he adds, “We’ll see you.”
That would be a first, I think, watching them go.
9. The Hating Game: A Novel by Sally Thorne <— Witty banter and great chemistry. I want more contemporary romance like this.
“I love your hair today,” Danny tells me and I duck my head flattered. It’s the correct thing to say to me. I’m ridiculously vain about my hair. My conditioner is probably worth more pure ounce than cocaine.
10. Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta <— I need somebody else to read this book. It is a wonderful book filled with complex characters you will not want to leave.
“I don’t want to hit you when your down , Fionn,” Bish said,”but I think your generation is going to be known for being the least useful at anything except ticking likes on Facebook.”
“Cruel words, sir,” Fionn mocked. “Only this morning the nurse let me look at my Facebook page on her iPhone. I was feeling heartened by the hundred and fifty likes for the words ‘Get well soon'”.
11. Marked In Flesh (A Novel of the Others Book 4) by Anne Bishop <— Tessa, I read it!
“We will give you some time to decide to decide how much human the terra indigene will keep.”
12. The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. What is it Amy says? Oh my heart this book.
“Seasons change. Rivers flow to the sea. Earth circles the sun and the moon circles the earth. Everything whirring and spinning toward something. And I get to be a part of it for a little while, the way I get to watch a train for a minute or two, and then it’s gone.”
Take a look at MORE of bev’s favorites!!
- Reader Favorites – bev’s Top Fourteen Reads for 2015
- 10 Questions based on our TBR lists – Bev’s List