I have not been on the blog much this year or honestly, read as much this year. I struggled finding “good” books to read and staying focused. BUT, I had to at least submit the few that are worth sharing. This year I’ve read 48 books, half of what I normally read.
I love end of the year lists and will be reading all that you publish. THANK YOU, to all the others that also submit lists, I have already bookmarked a few to the ‘ole TBR.
My TOP read of the year was a tie between:
Both are about women dealing with loss, one of her mother, the other of her fiancé and their path to healing. Writers and Lovers is deeper and more sad I think but they both earned 5 stars, which I only gave 3 books this year.
The other 5 star was to “The Only Plane in the Sky, an Oral History of 9/11 by Garrett M. Graff.” This was snippet after snippet of recordings, tellings, accounts etc from 9/11 from 100s of people.
My other standouts of the year and highly recommend are:
- Our Stop by Laura Jane Williams, a cute rom com type of book
- In a Instant by Suzanne Redfearn, read the description to see if this is something you like.
- The Life We Bury by Allen Eskins, a library read that was excellent.
- and if you like real crime/life I read American Predator, The Hunt for the Most Meticulous Serial Killer of the 21st Century before all the Ted Bundy shows came out on Netflix and loved it.
- The only other thing is an author that I always enjoy her books and that is Catherine Ryan Hyde. Her books seem to always touch on tough subjects but they always are enjoyable and well written.
Here is to a better 2021! And thanks for keeping us up to date on new releases and recommendations!!
Like StephN’s book taste? Check out more of her favorites lists:
- Reader Favorites – Steph N’s Best Books of 2018 List
- Reader Favorites – Steph N’s Best Books of 2019 List
- Reader Favorites – Steph N’s Best Books of 2020 List
➔➔➔ Looking for more of our favorite recommendations? Browse our “Ultimate Favorites Lists” here. Are you in the mood for a certain kind of story? Browse our favorite “genre/trope categories” here and our reader favorites lists too.
➔➔➔ Do you have your “Best of 2020 list” for us? Send it to me here. 😀