It’s Saturday and time for a new reader favorites list! This one is short and sweet, ’cause, while Vivian’s been with us since 2013 she’s a more “quiet” member. LOL!! Maybe she lurks? ;). That said, we can get to know her through her book list (and book taste), which she’s sent over for us. I also realized… she’s quiet funny!!
LOL!! In fact… look what she said about Ella Frank’s book, “Edible”
“Ehrmagerd! I think my glasses just got all foggy. Hotdamn! Can I please please please have the opportunity to live Rachel’s life for a day or two?! The “I want my dress gone” part just blew me away.”
*whoooooo* you’re not kidding, Viv! 😛
So what do we know about Viv’s book tastes? Well, from that quote above, she gets a kick out of the steamy. *snort* But! I’ll let her tell us more about her favorites, because she lists her TOP TEN and the reasons why:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – Because of this: Mr. Darcy!
- This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars Book 5) by Susan Elizabeth Philips – made me cry, laugh, and cry again.
- Virgins by Diana Gabaldon (as found in the Dangerous Women Anthology) – Jamie Fraser pre-Claire Randall. Hilarious!
- Playing With Her Heart by Lauren Blakely – Because of Davis Milo! *swoon*
- Law Man by Kristen Ashley – Because of Det. Mitch Lawson *sigh*
- The Girl in 6E by Alessandra Torre – Because Deanna is just so badass!!
- The Best Man by Kristan Higgins – Because of Levi and Faith. Relationship goals!
- Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas – Strong female lead.
- The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts – Because of Ryder Montgomery
- Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis – Because of the lovely fictional characters of Lucky Harbor!
A list with Austen, Kleypas, SEP, and Roberts, love it.
I’ll admit I have not read Sugar Daddy, not a trope I love, but have the second and third ones.
SEP does make me laugh though she doesn’t shy away from the feelings. And writes such vivid characters, main and secondary.
I do like the covers on the Higgens & Kleypas books. Sometimes I want the pretty over the sexy. *shrug*
Dear sweet baby Jesus… I am failing here…I haven’t read *any* of these! Thanks for the great list…and good ideas to add to my list!
I have only read Virgins. So many new one’s for my tbr list!! Thanks Viv! 😉
Oh my goodness, I’ve only read #1 on this list. *madly scribbling book titles* I’ve got my work (reading) cut out for me.
I’ve read Sugar Daddy and Law Man. 😀
Law Man was one of the two KA books I’ve read. I really liked it. This Heart of Mine was so good. I loved that one too.
I only two, but really liked both. Talk about a great set of recommendations. 🙂
I’ve read Law Man!! Love KA’s book!! Two of my favs were Mystery Man & Motorcycle Man. Read those 2 books several times!! Great list!! Will be adding a few to my tbr!!!
I’m a HUGE fan of the Outlander series, but didn’t read Virgins (part of an anthology). It was really pricey, and I figured I’d only get a few pages of Jamie. Now I need to get my hands on it.
Sooooo many on this list that I haven’t read!
MichelleS- I got the Outlanders anthology from my library, maybe yours has it too.
Ahhh…. Big Hearted Mitch. Yep. He’s one of my Top Ten Book Boyfriends.
I’ve only read Law Man, and have had Girl in 6E downloaded forever! Thanks for this list….lots of newbies for me!