It all started when Laycie was desperate for a good book. She asked (on my Facebook page):
Laycie: “Right, I have not read a book in too long. I had another baby and couldn’t find the time, then I just couldn’t find the right book. So hit me up with your favourite reads of 2017-2018. I need something amazing!”
I gave her the list of our “Best of 2017” choices, but the Facebook crew also delivered!
Megan: The final book in the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost is second on my list to the newest release of the Fever Series by Karen Moning next month. (Obviously haven’t read it yet but let’s be honest, it will be amazing)
Val: I recently read the Grip series by Kennedy Ryan. I want to shout from the roof for everyone to read these. The love, the emotions, the social issues she tackles, she does it all absolutely brilliantly. Hands down one of my all time top series. Seriously. Everyone. Read these!
Tara: This was my top 2017 read as well!
Kiersten: Absolutely EPIC …my life would not be complete without these books!!! Everyone needs to read them.
Jenna: My 5 stars this year: My Torin – K Webster, Something in the Way series – Jessica Hawkins, Without Merit: A Novel – Colleen Hoover, The Ghostwriter – Alessandra Torres, The Kingkiller Chronicles series – Patrick Rothfuss, Court of Thorns and Roses series – Sarah J Maas.
Nikki: Just read literally anything by Colleen Hoover. It’s doesn’t matter what year it came out.
Darcie: Anything Jewel E. Ann
Nadia: Drive by Kate Stewart. My top read of 2017
Jennifer: Agree with Nadia – Drive by Kate Stewart was one of my top reads for 2017. (Really…you can’t go wrong with any of her books) Always Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar. Wrecking Ball by P. Dangelico and Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata. Love the Slow burn
Stephanie: I think Tilt was my favorite book of 2017. It’s one of those I wish I could unread just so I can read it again fresh
Soulla: Mists of The Serengeti by Leylah Attar is a top/absolute must read.
Karin: These are my faves that were released in 2017 (according to GR):
- King of Code
- When Life Happened
- My Best Friend’s Ex (The Binghamton Series Book 2)
- Sex Symbol: A Standalone Romance (Hollywood Heat)
- Bombshell (Hollywood A-List Book 1)
- Without Merit
- A Charm of Finches (Venery Book 2)
- Royally Matched (The Royally Series Book 2) / Royally Endowed (The Royally Series Book 3)
- When It’s Real
- The Hot Shot (Game On Book 4)
- Full Package (Big Rock Book 4)
- Love in Lingerie (Unzipped Book 1)
- The Hating Game: A Novel by Sally Thorne was Amazing
- Court of Thorns and Roses series was everything
- ANYTHING by Mariana Zapata. I actually mean EVERYTHING BY Mariana Zapata
- I found Jay McLean at the end of last year. Lucas – A Preston Brothers Novel (Book 1): A More Than Series Spin-off was amazing and Logan – A Preston Brothers Novel (Book 2): A More Than Series Spin-off was almost as good.
- Ellen O’connell writes books I wouldn’t typically read, the cover and blurb do nothing to sell her books, but Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold was 5 stars plus
- Jessica Hawkins trilogy Something in the Way
- Drive by Kate Stewart
- An old one that I reread this year You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning
Do you have a most-favorite-of-your-favorites to recommend? Let us know!! 😀 I’ll continue the list.