Yvette has been with us since 2010 and was riding along with me through my whole “strictly paranormal” phase! And tonight, HER favorites list is up for us to feast our eyes upon. I LOVE that there are quite a few on here that are totally new-to-me, and that a few of her favorites, are also some of mine (and yet kind of obscure…).
But let’s get to know her a bit, shall we?
Back in the day, Yvette would comment and help us decide on what to read next. For example:
About the BDSM, D/s genre:
“This is a genre that I totally enjoy reading. This book is excellent and brings on so many emotions while you’re reading the story. I did, in fact, cry my eyes out (and I NEVER cry). A word of caution on the Joey Hill Vampire Queen series — it is on the darker side, so if you’re new to this genre, I’d suggest starting with Cherise Sinclair’s Masters of the Shadowlands Series. There are about 5 or 6 books in this series. Its not “too over the top” and I’d suggest for folks just starting to spread their wings in this genre. The romance in the Sinclair series is “off the charts.” Trust me! My 2 cents. Hope this helps.”
“Please let me know if you ever get around to Sydney Croft’s ACRO Series. It is a paranormal series that I think you’ll love. It is one of my favorites! And be sure to check out the website, sydneycroft.com. Once you start reading this, you will get sucked right in.”
About Gena Showalter’s Lords of the Underworld Series:
“Oh, Maryse, you don’t know what kind of ride you’re in for. Even though you’ve only just completed the first book in this indescribably good series, you have no idea that “goodness” that lies ahead. I can’t wait for you to get all caught up. And, after you breeze through the series (I dare you to try and stop reading), you’ll have to let us all know who your favorite Lord is. As for me, I’m torn between Pain, Lies and Paris (of course). There is also another that I love, but I am hesitant to mention him just yet. Ohh, I’m so excited on your behalf! This series is really, really good and so worth reading — again and again and again! But that’s just what I do!”
And here’s an oldie but goody from back in 2011 when Fifty Shades of Grey, as we know it, was still brand spankin’ (<— see what I did there 😉 ) new!
“Maryse, you are now and forever my #1 go to for reading suggestions. I just finished Fifty Shades of Grey. I am without words (and that hardly ever happens to me). This is honestly at the top of my list for favorite book in this genre. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your review on this. It was spot on. Am on to #2 in this series, and my heart is a flutter of excitement.”
She’s also a fan of Kristen Ashley! Aren’t we all? 😉
“Kristen Ashley is now one of my very favorite authors, thanks to you.”
About the The Bronze Horseman Trilogy:
“I am now early in the last book in this series. What in the world am I gonna do when its over? This series is so great, I’ve already told my mother about it. Thanks again for this wonderful recommendation.”
Her take on “series” (and cliffhangers!)
“I am always hesitant about starting a new series. Sometimes, I want to jump right in and read the first book right away. Other times, I want to wait until there are at least 3 books in the series before beginning. One thing I hate is CLIFFHANGERS!”
From paranormal to bad-asses to BDSM to shocking shiver-inducers, and tear jerkers, we are gonna have so much FUN with this one!
And now I’ll let her present her list.
“I am purposely leaving off my favorites that are liked by almost everyone, i.e., Outlander and The Bronze Horseman, etc. What I’m listing here are my favorites that aren’t on any of the lists above (at least I don’t think they are).
Please, oh please, check these out. You won’t be sorry — I promise. Now, on to the list (in no order — that’d be too hard to do).”
2. The Man I Love & Give Me Your Answer True by Suanne Laqueur (I discovered this author this year. If you add anything to your list, please add these 2 books. Even the book titles give me a bit of the shivers…
3. The Kane Trilogy by Stylo Fantome (this one is dark and kinda crazy, but kept me turning those pages…)
4. The Siren: The Original Sinners Book 1 (The Original Sinners Series) by Tiffany Reisz (for those of you into BDSM. Holy s*it!)
5. Crimson Kiss (this is the first in the trilogy) by Trisha Baker. If you can find this gem, you’d better grab on to it. Wait until you get a load of Simon. He is the meanest vampire SOB that I’ve ever met (yet, I sorta kept rooting for him. There must be something wrong with me).
6. Never the Face: A Story of Desire by Ariel Sands — so much raw, human emotion. A bit shocking really…
7. Marked.: Part I: The missing Link (Volume 1) by J. M. Sevilla — he’s an assassin. ’nuff said!
8. The Maker’s Song Series by Adrian Phoenix. Um, I think I bit off all of my nails while I was reading this excellent paranormal series.
10. Seize Me by Crystal Spears — about a 1% MC club. This series makes the Son’s of Anarchy look like high schoolers.