Oh… don’t mind me. 😉 Just making yet another TBR list of the latest from my “mini-blurb-jolt* reels. I simply cannot let these go without being their own I WANNA READ THESE list, and well… considering how crazy all of our TBR lists are, and how bad of a book-hoarder I am (or how GOOD of one I am), I don’t even feel in the least bit ashamed to be posting yet another one. Tee hee!
- Bird Box: A NovelBird Box: A Novel by Josh Malerman <— HORROR ALERT!!!
I found this one by accident while surfing Amazon for potential horror books, and now I’m even more excited ’cause I saw it on a MUST-READ horror list. YES PLEASE!! “Something terrifying that must not be seen. One glimpse and a person is driven to deadly violence. No one knows what it is or where it came from. Five years after it began, a handful of scattered survivors remain, including Malorie and her two young children. Living in an abandoned house near the river, she has dreamed of fleeing to a place where they might be safe. Now, that the boy and girl are four, it is time to go. But the journey ahead will be terrifying: twenty miles downriver in a rowboat—blindfolded—with nothing to rely on but her wits and the children’s trained ears. One wrong choice and they will die. And something is following them. But is it man, animal, or monster?” <— HOLY MOLY!!! Terror with your eyes closed? MINE!!! And bev has had it for awhile now but she’s a pok-pok chicken!!! “I have one scary book, Bird Box, that I bought last Halloween on sale. Very positively rec’d on a blog I visit, but scary. I mean to read it sometime straight through no peeking. Someday.“READ!!! Here’s my review!
- The House by Christina Lauren <— HORROR/GHOST STORY by one of our fav romance authors!!!
This one is coming out tomorrow, and I. Can’t WAIT!!! *happy dance* Is it a ghost love story? Is it a ghost horror story? Either way, i don’t care, I’m reading it!!!!READ!!! Here’s my review!
- MC Chronicles: The Diary of Bink Cummings by Bink Cummings <— AGAIN AND AGAIN #1 BIKER SERIES IS ALL I’M HEARING!
I must read this raw and gritty awesomeness! MichelleS says: “I read the first two and need to get to book three. Love it. At first, I was thinking this is the best MC Club book ever – seriously – then there were a few writing kinds of things that got in the way of “best ever” – but it sure comes close. I love it so far. I know they say it is based on her real life, but maybe just loosely? And he’s 50 and names Big Dick and she’s 30 – and he helped raise her from when she was little? Controversial for sure. But I ate it up.” and Lauren agrees! “I just read the entire Bink Cummings series today. Needless to say, I didn’t get much done today aside from driving my kids to & from school. And ordering pizza.” READ!!! Here’s my review!
- The Air He Breathes by Brittainy Cherry <— RECLUSIVE HERO and full on emotional!!! It is all the rage right now and Tracey said: “…wow very emotional in places and a twist with a capital T, in fact two twists. Tick Tock a five star read.”
- Love Hurts (Caged Love Book 1 and Love Burns (Caged Love Book 2) by Mandi Beck <— ONE OF “THOSE” BOOKS ALERT!! Here’s yet another HUGE recommendation from Lauren: “Anyone who hasn’t read Love Hurts…..please please read it!!!! It was one of THOSE books for me. I couldn’t fathom reading another book after I finished it. I stalked the author & found hundreds of other readers in the same boat I was in. Just couldn’t stop thinking about it. …It’s not an ugly cry book, just really, really awesome.“
- Pure Abandon by Jeannine Colette <— TROUBLED MARRIAGE ALERT!!
And is much loved right now (a la “Arsen” feel and has been HIGH on my TBR list since its release) and Jean absolutely LOVED it! “You guys, you guys, you guys, I finished Pure Abandon and I LOVED it!! My heart is happy and heartbroken at the same time! Ugh my heart! I am in a total book fog, my head is spinning……have no idea what to start next……sigh…..“+ Reckless Abandon. (my review)
- Hawthorne & Heathcliff by R.K. Ryals <— MISUNDERSTOOD HERO ALERT! MUCH love for this one, and two of my favorite books were mentioned as a comparable feel. Christine says: “I just finished Hawthorne & Heathcliff . . . . amazing book. It’s a big freely book that is wonderfully written. I teared up several times. Has a Sweet Gum Tree feel to it with a sprinkling of Eleanor & Park. I highly recommend it.“
- BEWARE by Shanora Williams <— DARK READ & HE’S A BAD GUY ALERT!! And it is making ELA scream at us, she can’t contain herself. LOL!!!!
- Bottom Feeder and it’s just released sequel, Lowlife by Maria G. Cope <— LEAVES HER ABUSIVE LIFE & MEETS BROODING EX-MILITARY HERO ALERT! Claudia said: “Wow I loved this! Must read!” I remember how much everyone loved this one when it first came out and I was holding off for the sequel. It is finally out!! And I am so in!
- WITHER (THE WITHERED SERIES Book 1) by Amy Miles <— ZOMBIE/POST APOCALYPTIC PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!! OMG I want it!! IT IS MINE!! One-click!! So an epidemic takes over… and a vaccine ends up turning many that are “left” into sort of… zombies. And… “Growing up on the streets taught Avery how to care for herself, but no amount of self defense classes at the Y could have prepared her for the outbreak of deadly gangs, a corrupt government bent on using her blood for experiments and the depths to which desperate people would go to survive. She soon discovered that it was not the Withered Ones that she needed to fear, but those still human.“