Okay…so I’ve been getting a few “news requests” about J.R. and the BDB future and this is what I’ve been able to gather from the latest updates. While this isn’t earth shattering news, I still found some fascinating insights and tidbits into the Black Dagger Brotherhood world, as it stands today. So I thought I’d highlight them here:
- Next book to be released is from her Fallen Angels series —> Envy: A Novel of the Fallen Angels (release date Sept 6th 2011)
- Tohrment’s book is next in the BDB series (April 2012) – in her Barnes and Noble chat, she admits she thought next book would be Mhurder’s, but nope. It’s Tohr’s.
- J.R. comments about her love of rap, and answers her fan’s comments about Manny’s love of metal/rock music (on her Facebook):
“LOL I didn’t make Manny anything- he just is what he is :D”
“…I love rap and hip hop, to me it’s just what speaks to me- it’s good that we live in a culture where we can pick you know?…”
- An interesting question asked on her Facebook about Payne’s healing powers, and if she can heal Mary, so she might have a baby. J.R. Ward’s answer:
“I don’t think that’s possible- she can help regenerate cells and heal certain injuries but she can’t magically give someone something they don’t have- like if it were a missing limb.”
And Sherry found us this quote from J.R. Ward (about her new character Throe):
I abso agree- the angels are diff than the Brothers- they’re as vivid in my head, but they go into diff territory you know? The series are not alike, but I like the Angels just as well, but… for diff reasons- and Throe is in Envy 😉
And some tidbits from her most recent chat on Lover Unleashed release day (read the whole Barnes and Noble chat/interview here – lots of interesting stuff):
- I already knew, from past interviews that she and “V” don’t get along for some reason – and now I know why. She mentions that his book (Lover Unbound) was the hardest to write (and yet, to me it was one of the best in the series!):
“that story was like pulling teeth. The pictures just refused to come easily in my head!”
- She discusses her writing style, and I find it fascinating. The stories just come to her. It’s like she doesn’t create them, they create themselves, within her. Love it!
- She also mentions something that…I somehow missed. The actual reason John is mute (I must have been befuddled from a previous “steam scene” when this was originally explained) – hehehe:
“JM is mute because Darius was killed and the Scribe Virgin demanded a tolken of faculty if he wanted to go back and see his daughter, Beth.”
- There’s going to be some Wrath angst in an upcoming Wrath and Beth novella – he doesn’t want his shellan to be pregnant (all that danger) – this is going to be an emotional book, I’m certain – she wants a baby, he doesn’t, and they are so in love… I hope this is a long novella 😉 – I want lots o’ detail!